Position training pathway for newgens

eplekrar

Basically, this is a more all-encompassing, long-term version of positional retraining, avaliable for newgens right after the youth intake (or possibly for all players, youth or not).

You'd have the posibility to choose a larger-scale positional focus for the newgen.

Let's say you have a youth intake and get a left-footed AMR/MR (no positional attributes in other positions). You would like to retrain him as a left wing-back as you would never use him as a right winger.

- With this new positional retraining, the newgen would be trained in several related positions
For example: 
left fullback = DL, WBL
left wingback = DL, WBL, ML
left complete wingback = DL, WBL, ML, AML

main focus on the selected position. For example, the fullback would be only avaliable in the DL position.

Over time, the player would forget his AMR rating, as this would be a more permanent positional conversion.

Balancing:
- This could take a longer period to complete than ordinary positional training.
- The player would forget his old position.
- The player could get upset.
- Dependant on facilities/coaches/versatility, etc..

I like the idea of being able to mold players at a younger age into more suitable positions.

A further suggestion I would like on youth intakes is that you could perhaps prioritise a position of need. 

It wouldn't guarantee a wonderkid quality player but would allow more players in said position. 

43 minutes ago, Gangor said:

I would like if your youth managers try to adapt the players they have to fit into tactics currently used by  the first team

They do kind of, it's your Head of Youth Development that brings them to you & prefers player that suit his preferred formation 

On 26/10/2019 at 21:02, Johnny Ace said:

They do kind of, it's your Head of Youth Development that brings them to you & prefers player that suit his preferred formation 

I mean to say, assign them a training program that will result in them fitting into the formation better and then giving them experience in the relevant position regardless of their ability to already play there. 

This feels like a better suggestion compared to what I had in mind, so I'll addu a few bits here!

It's always felt that there was never enough newgen sidebacks / fullbacks / wingbacks, but that ends up being rather actually realistic. Most famous fullbacks have actually originally from attacking positions, and it feels like no AI team follows this - if they all automatically followed your idea, it'd be amazing.

Edited by Ravsieg

• 9 months later...