Football Manager 2020 Pre-Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does the game download additional data on first start/create plenty of folders? I tried starting the game but it is loading a pretty long time with the task manager saying my SSD is at maximum capacity. 

On the same note, I saw Microsoft's firewall and security get a few notable peaks on the start. I guess that was from FM trying to page Steam? 

27 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

Have you further examples of specifics here? What do you feel could be improved and how?

image.thumb.png.d04a16b629ee030df133a186dfa58116.pngimage.thumb.png.aac1ff814d26bf99989befdb67128897.pngimage.thumb.png.c24176d066a57ee7399a3228bb1d0d3b.png

Just feel there is a bit too much space unused and all option are just list under each-other . In previous maybe it was betters separated. Also from design point of view the offer picks are under each other top corner and roll down from side( just my view it brings user out too much) 

If you compare from FM19. Here we had more user friendlier design where information is designated into more designated boxes and having better understanding. The flow how do read and find info is better.

image.thumb.png.7a6d1791828772df2816b9e36048f70e.pngimage.thumb.png.3bdb2b6b61d48b4c32ca64ba9b09f1dc.png

Maybe setting is okey, but again, people had clear overview of what was in each tab. And the option box in fm20 seems smaller, thus having less info in it. Having setting list under drop down menu also is a thing i have never seen in computer game settings. You have tabs in: Overview and Advance. But list the categories. 

Edit: swapped better FM19 contract pic

Edited by saihtam

Sorry if this isn’t posted in the relevant place, but I couldn’t find another topic about it and didn’t feel the need to start another topic for it.

I’m just wondering when the in-game editor will be available? Thanks in advance.

• SI Staff
4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Two friendlies in, seen 6 long shot goals...

Let us know how this develops over 10-15 competitive games. 2 friendlies is not enough for a reliable sample size.

If you reckon there's an issue, please post here with examples and we can take a look - https://community.sigames.com/forum/710-match-engine-ai-and-tactics/

Just now, SMV90 said:

Sorry if this isn’t posted in the relevant place, but I couldn’t find another topic about it and didn’t feel the need to start another topic for it.

I’m just wondering when the in-game editor will be available? Thanks in advance.

It'll be available on the game's release. 

vor 18 Minuten schrieb jackamoo12:

I have restarted steam and also my computer and the beta is still not showing up

Did you receive a receipt? You need to contact steam, if the game does not show in your steam account.

45 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

The sidebar icons appear when you take control of one of those teams; either completely, matches or training.

If you are not in control, it is two clicks to whichever Under X team you desire: 'Dev Centre > Under X - Squad'. Or you can view a more context driven view via the 'Overview' page (note the view you select here saves when you navigate away from the page). Alternatively you can right-click on the Dev Centre sidebar icon and follow the tree menu.

Unfortunately there is not enough sidebar space in minimum resolution to have them present all of the time. So instead they are present depending on context, which, with the aim of the Dev Centre being to allow you to either dive deeply into the youth teams or oversee them from a distance, fits with intended/expected use.

Maybe I could post this as a feature request, but it would be nice to be able to pin U19/U23/etc to the sidebar. Playing on a 1440p monitor half of the sidebar is empty and burying them under extra clicks is pointless. On a player's profile, there are more tabs/widgets with a larger screen resolution, why can't this be the same for the sidebar?

• SI Staff
8 minutes ago, saihtam said:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.d04a16b629ee030df133a186dfa58116.pngimage.thumb.png.aac1ff814d26bf99989befdb67128897.pngimage.thumb.png.62eb4231fcb4facc77f0b67b84f3172d.png

Just feel there is a bit too much space unused and all option are just list under each-other . In previous maybe it was betters separated. Also from design point of view the offer picks are under each other top corner and roll down from side( just my view it brings user out too much) 

If you compare from FM19. Here we had more user friendlier design where information is designated into more user friendly and better understanding. The flow how do read and find info is better.

image.thumb.png.7a6d1791828772df2816b9e36048f70e.pngimage.thumb.png.3bdb2b6b61d48b4c32ca64ba9b09f1dc.png

Maybe setting is okey, but again, people had clear overview of what was in each tab. And the option box in fm20 seems smaller, thus having less info in it. Having setting list under drop down menu also is a thing i have never seen in computer game settings. You have tabs in: Overview and Advance. But list the categories. 

Sometimes change takes a little getting used to. Let us know how you feel after spending some time with it. We believe that the changes made here are positive and in some cases necessary: Playing Time required a redesign to the contract panels, one that also suits minimum resolution (which is potentially why you have that space, although it will fill up quickly when lots of clauses etc are in use).

However, that does not mean we cannot solve issues and take feedback on board for future consideration. Could you please post any specifics, especially bugs, here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/711-user-interface/

Not sure if this is a bug, but im reporting something odd that just happened. I am playing as Brescia, our wage budget was around 400K p/w. I asked stubbornly down to my very last option and they agreed to give me some extra wage budget. I ended up getting 200K more, thats such an increase. Just lucky maybe, or maybe some tuning issue? 

Also, PLEASE get rid of the skewed pitches in the tactic creator and elsewhere. The Media Dream Eleven in Season Preview thankfully still has the straight pitch which looks SO MUCH better. But when you click the team's submenu in Seaon Preview you're given the skewed pitch. Why does it have to be skewed?

image.png.806e929c49938d53f2bbe1bf761c51df.png image.png.bc265731789cad3fb626f18c1adad1dc.png

• SI Staff
2 minutes ago, autohoratio said:

Maybe I could post this as a feature request, but it would be nice to be able to pin U19/U23/etc to the sidebar. Playing on a 1440p monitor half of the sidebar is empty and burying them under extra clicks is pointless. On a player's profile, there are more tabs/widgets with a larger screen resolution, why can't this be the same for the sidebar?

https://community.sigames.com/forum/680-football-manager-feature-requests/ :thup:

12 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

Let us know how this develops over 10-15 competitive games. 2 friendlies is not enough for a reliable sample size.

If you reckon there's an issue, please post here with examples and we can take a look - https://community.sigames.com/forum/710-match-engine-ai-and-tactics/

I will, I'm now at 7 from 2.5 games.

Would I just upload the save if it continues? 

Cheers

Early days, but seems the fullbacks are a lot less likely to just bang a cross in when not appropriate.  Seeing more considered play in the attacking third.  Not competitive matches yet. though, and that always seems to alter things from the way the team plays in friendlies.

1 minute ago, rp1966 said:

Early days, but seems the fullbacks are a lot less likely to just bang a cross in when not appropriate.  Seeing more considered play in the attacking third.  Not competitive matches yet. though, and that always seems to alter things from the way the team plays in friendlies.

Yeah I've noticed that from my 4 PS games so far too. 

3 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

Sometimes change takes a little getting used to. Let us know how you feel after spending some time with it. We believe that the changes made here are positive and in some cases necessary: Playing Time required a redesign to the contract panels, one that also suits minimum resolution (which is potentially why you have that space, although it will fill up quickly when lots of clauses etc are in use).

However, that does not mean we cannot solve issues and take feedback on board for future consideration. Could you please post any specifics, especially bugs, here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/711-user-interface/

Sure. will see. At first i tough yes maybe my screen is just too big as I have 2k monitor. But then switched to laptop screen fullhd, but still think the way how contract details where categorized in previous FMs was giving better overview and better to use.

Quick quesiton, is there new combination of buttons to make screenshot? alt +f9 does not seem to work.

• SI Staff
2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I will, I'm now at 7 from 2.5 games.

Would I just upload the save if it continues? 

Cheers

PKMs of matches where you believe too many/unrealistic long shots have been scored please :thup:

Just now, Seb Wassell said:

PKMs of matches where you believe too many/unrealistic long shots have been scored please :thup:

Okay, cheers.

I'll muck about with my tactics and see if it continues for the next 10 games, I've managed to completely stop dangerous long shots in the second half of game 3 so it's probably my own fault.

4 minutes ago, autohoratio said:

Also, PLEASE get rid of the skewed pitches in the tactic creator and elsewhere. The Media Dream Eleven in Season Preview thankfully still has the straight pitch which looks SO MUCH better. But when you click the team's submenu in Seaon Preview you're given the skewed pitch. Why does it have to be skewed?

image.png.806e929c49938d53f2bbe1bf761c51df.png image.png.bc265731789cad3fb626f18c1adad1dc.png

Also also, why is the CM position still displaying like the DM position on the Media Dream Eleven pitch? It's like that for the Create New Tactic screen as well (and I assume for the match lineups when starting a match), leaving far too much space between the CM strata and AM strata.

Gerade eben schrieb Bothan Spy:

I took my children to a petting farm recently & I definitely saw better haircuts on the llamas..

Could you please stop it now. We know already that you don't like the haircuts. 

vor 1 Minute schrieb Lam3r:

Put my graphics in and reloaded the skin and...nothing. Am I being a numpty or is this not working in the beta?

It works in the beta. Try to change the skin and then back to your old skin.

1 hour ago, Seb Wassell said:

Injuries have not changed from FM20.

Injuries are less than 80% of real life numbers.

Three players injured in training is either unlucky, an issue with your training or down to injury prone players. Potentially all three.

I can say it was unlucky but strange to see three players go injured in the same training and every one of them more then three weeks.

Can you tell me please, where can I edit shortcut keys?

Just loaded it up, I've got a brand new MacBook, got it last month (best spec on the market that's currently available) but it sounds like it's about to take off, fans in overdrive and battery is dropping at a daft rate. Is this normal?

2 minutes ago, stevemc said:

Just loaded it up, I've got a brand new MacBook, got it last month (best spec on the market that's currently available) but it sounds like it's about to take off, fans in overdrive and battery is dropping at a daft rate. Is this normal?

No it isn't, can you please create a thread here: https://community.sigames.com/forum/709-crashes-technical-issues/ 

Dark Skin inbox section has too many screens with white background imo. Hoping they get changed to dark, think FM19 had the same prob at the start too until they were changed.

Also the calender screen at the top when you press continue should be dark instead of light too.

I also found the default attribute colours pretty bright and garish, so i changed the attribute colours to:

Excellent: 255R, 87G, 34B, a nice orange colour, not to dull and not too bright.

Good: 159R, 220G, 122B, a nice Green color, not to dull, not too bright green colour.

Average and low to Grey.

Been using these colours for years and i find them perfect for my eyes and dark skin. They stand out but arent garish.

Edited by Siven

48 minutes ago, autohoratio said:

Agreed this are revolting

Great job guys. Game works fantstic, ME is very good for me. Seen great variations of goals although not one through ball through the middle but not much crosses like in FM19. Very good. Managed to sign Pogba from Utd for 78mil euros which is a bit cheap I'd say. He requested transfer and they sold him for his value which was strange. He should be more expensive. Plays like a demon for me with 4 goals and 3 asists in 6 games.

vor 1 Minute schrieb ChelseaSince86:

6 pages in the inevitable complaining about injuries, too many long shot goals, too many missed pens, or crosses are on the way!!

(not from me, the beta is great)

Not true. Good feedback so far.

+1 for the tilted pitches being horrible. Was commented on straight away when the initial images came out and looks really poor in game too. I get the idea and don't want to criticise the UI staff - they've done brilliantly in general - but it's just cartoonish and distracting in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, ChelseaSince86 said:

6 pages in the inevitable complaining about injuries, too many long shot goals, too many missed pens, or crosses are on the way!!

(not from me, the beta is great)

You obviously didn't read all 6 pages then...

I think I saw one complaint of injuries and one about long shots. I didn't see the missed pens or the negative feedback on crossing?

All in all I actually think it's been a positive start to the feedback thread.

I've played since it was released today and I really enjoy it :thup:

The obvious difference in the way that matches are playing out is a reduction of blocked crosses due to better flank passing combinations / decisions.

Although going on my most recent match, one worrying aspect remains:

image.thumb.png.4d8209478f966cb7edd7db890b017973.png 

Only a few games in so I'll reserve saying too much, really enjoying it so far. Was really confused to start with when I didn't have an ass man but that was soon sorted, only messing about with the preset tactics so far & not really seen many goals, certainly no long shot speccys but I feel the ME is a massive improvement, really feel I'm going to enjoy this 

At the moment the issues I'm having with the skin and interface are making it unplayable to me.  Hopefully something can be done about this before the release as was really looking forward to this 1.

FM19 was fine for me but this is really jarring my eyes.  The way the player search and scouting is laid out is also awkward too.

I had a friend who I recommend buying the game but if it's too complicated at the moment for me who's played all the versions I think he would really struggle.

it just seems harder to get to where you want to go, more clicks and sometimes there's an overload of things in a way that's uneccessarily complicated and not clear.  The last game seemed to find a sweet spot, this seems much more complicated and has lost me a bit.  Everything feels confusing.  It's running smoothly though so far. 

Like on the player search if just seems bigger and harder to navigate instead of the way an used to it.  Am struggling with a lot of aspects of the game at the moment.  Gonna keep trying though, hopefully some of these areas can be tweaked before release so things are easier.  

Noticed they have changed the rgb values for players attributes with the beta release. In a lot of the preview videos it was blue/yellow.

0THCYTJ.jpg

Does anybody have the rgb values for these colours? As I really don't like the yellow/green ones we have now.