Football Manager 2020 Pre-Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

52 minutes ago, kertiek said:

i see this almost every game, wide open teammate in front of goal, easy tap in ... the wide player 9/10 times chooses to shoot instead of make the easy cross

3 hours ago, Bradley21 said:

This screenshot shows what is constantly happening when it comes to players in crossing positions. There are two strikers over for a tap-in, but Chilwell shoots from this position instead of making the obvious pass. If this was a rare event then you can chalk it up to a rush of blood, but i haven't seen a single one of these scenarios that played out any differently. It doesn't matter how tight the angle, the ball will never be flashed across the 6yard box or passed square to the strikers. 

Very frustrating. 

Screenshot_1.png

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Me too. Wingers burst pass a full back and head towards byline, see my striker break away from a defender who's going to the ball, everything looks perfect and just needs realistic cross to unmarked striker, but instead the winger hits a shot into the side netting.

I've managed to resolve too many long shots with tactics, on my save so far, so have too see if any way I can affect this too.

If you are seeing this regularly in competitive matches, please start a new thread in the ME Bugs Forum, upload match pkms (with in match timings of when the issue occurs) and let the devs take a look.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, daveh83 said:

So is it worth starting a full proper career or wait till the first full update to the full game first ?

It's usually safer to just wait for the full release, but it's up to yourself really. I've had previous beta saves that have been fine long term.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's usually safer to just wait for the full release, but it's up to yourself really. I've had previous beta saves that have been fine long term.

That long shot bug is annoying & issues with wing backs aswell. Since my tactic is solely relying on wing backs. Yeah think I’ll wait till first major update. 

16 minutes ago, daveh83 said:

That long shot bug is annoying & issues with wing backs aswell. Since my tactic is solely relying on wing backs. Yeah think I’ll wait till first major update. 

Or start a couple of threads in the ME Bugs forum, provide match pkms (with in match timings of the issue) and see if the developers investigate and improve things :thup:.

3 hours ago, grasu said:

Does anybody know how I can change my wages display to go from per annum to per week?

Preferences - Advanced - choose General and Wages option is just below  Currency.

Or just search Wages in search box.

Anyone notice players generally dwelling on the ball for too long? Might be my tactic but I'm using the same as FM19 and didn't have that issue.

Love the beta so far, I noticed a lot of long shot goals in my first save (Liverpool until christmas) but now with my new Bordeux save we haven't had a single goal from a long shot either against us or for us and I'm in October.

Overall everything feels like a massive upgrade on FM19.

Just now, Karnack said:

Anyone notice players generally dwelling on the ball for too long? Might be my tactic but I'm using the same as FM19 and didn't have that issue.

Definitely an issue in my game. Especially irritating when this happens just after a player has won the ball himself.

4 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I'm afraid I'm having to go back to FM19 for a bit, which is such a shame as everything other than the matchday is top notch this year. Unfortunately, I'm once again caught in the middle of SI's long running war with NVidia graphics cards, so the 3D is horrible, and even the 2D lags unless I put it on the lowest setting where it just looks horrible. I've done all the tips to remedy this to no avail. 

I'm also not keen on this year's player models, they seem to be thinner, more stick like than before. Playing my FM19 save just now and the engine just looks so much nicer. 

Hopefully this will all be polished up for the full release. The rest of the game is magnificent this year. 

Oh no please say you're joking. I had that with 19 and didn't it take months to get resolved? I've not seen any issues as yet with mine.

21 minutes ago, bigmattb28 said:

Oh no please say you're joking. I had that with 19 and didn't it take months to get resolved? I've not seen any issues as yet with mine.

Unfortunately I'll have to double that, I have a i7 and gtx1060 pc with 5 star recommended graphics, yet the 3D engine is super slow and laggy to say at least. I hate to be that negative fan in the forums but the optimization of the game on Nvidia graphics is just awful. I'll have to wait until full release to make the final judgment though. 

One thing I've also noticed about the 3D engine this year is the unrealistically quick speed the ball moves at when players shoot compared to previous versions. This may all be related to the issue with Nvidia but it doesn't look good for me this year. 

I had laggy game play two days ago. Played yesterday on the very lowest graphic settings, which made matches blurry but stable. Gone back up a setting today and its perfect. Might just be a coincidence.

Also, this is the first time its happened in the monthly scouting reports, but is it worth reporting such a ridiculous recommendation...

913039520_St.Johnstone_ScoutingCentre.thumb.png.c01de6d91d8736d23422cde398f7cdd5.png

Switches and High risk passes are crazy - I re-watching a match to take notes to upload along with the PKM.... I'm on page 2 already and it's Just past half time!

I'm trying to Capture a few issues:

High risk switching play - One of these got me a goal (I am also noted my own near misses)

Wide play vs Central play - Less of an issue, but I do have clear example

Insane counters

Keepers hitting long (Clear open player was available)

Trying to work out if striker movement is good, Kane looks like he's in a 10 yard box during the final third (He is involved in build up in the middle)

Watching the reply and noting is taking longer than the game did

44 минуты назад, RandomGuy. сказал:

Also, this is the first time its happened in the monthly scouting reports, but is it worth reporting such a ridiculous recommendation...

lol you asked for a good player you receive a good player :D 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

I had laggy game play two days ago. Played yesterday on the very lowest graphic settings, which made matches blurry but stable. Gone back up a setting today and its perfect. Might just be a coincidence.

913039520_St.Johnstone_ScoutingCentre.thumb.png.c01de6d91d8736d23422cde398f7cdd5.png

Currently operating at Ladbrokes Premiership level 😁

Just got the message about Brexit!  isn't it about time this 'feature' that's been screwing up English league saves for the last few editions was disabled until/unless something actually happens?

6 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I'm afraid I'm having to go back to FM19 for a bit, which is such a shame as everything other than the matchday is top notch this year. Unfortunately, I'm once again caught in the middle of SI's long running war with NVidia graphics cards, so the 3D is horrible, and even the 2D lags unless I put it on the lowest setting where it just looks horrible. I've done all the tips to remedy this to no avail. 

I'm also not keen on this year's player models, they seem to be thinner, more stick like than before. Playing my FM19 save just now and the engine just looks so much nicer. 

Hopefully this will all be polished up for the full release. The rest of the game is magnificent this year. 

What graphics card do you have, and are you using a laptop or desktop PC? Just because I have an NVidia card, and not having any issues with lag in matches.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Absolute uproar on P and B when you sell Callachan to finance this one...

1 hour ago, plcarlos said:

Switches and High risk passes are crazy - I re-watching a match to take notes to upload along with the PKM.... I'm on page 2 already and it's Just past half time!

I'm trying to Capture a few issues:

High risk switching play - One of these got me a goal (I am also noted my own near misses)

Wide play vs Central play - Less of an issue, but I do have clear example

Insane counters

Keepers hitting long (Clear open player was available)

Trying to work out if striker movement is good, Kane looks like he's in a 10 yard box during the final third (He is involved in build up in the middle)

Watching the reply and noting is taking longer than the game did

Maybe it's just me, and I've only played 8 games total, but every match the ball is being pinged back and forth at a terrifying pace. 50 yard passes back to back to back with many of them finding their target. It's a bit all over the place, I guess it could be my tactic, but it seems extreme. 

9 minutes ago, puffascruffowitz said:

Maybe it's just me, and I've only played 8 games total, but every match the ball is being pinged back and forth at a terrifying pace. 50 yard passes back to back to back with many of them finding their target. It's a bit all over the place, I guess it could be my tactic, but it seems extreme. 

I'll put my tactic in that section, just to check myself, see if there is anything that can be causing it.

I expect it from some players (Toby's Traits), not others. The accuracy is an issue as well, as is the risks they take. I've just uploaded my PKM for them and Listed the issues i found.

This match engine is really quite poor, it's a massive regression from last years even. Last years had its issues, but i don't feel like i have any control over things in this demo thus far. Players shoot from range constantly, fullbacks are useless, nobody ever crosses the ball, crossfield passes zip around at lightening speed all game, the only way strikers get touches are from long punts down the middle....just not very fun. 

I will post pkm's, but these are issues that are glaring from the first match, these issues shouldn't need bug reports from users to replicate, and they should not be present in a demo so close to release.

41 minutes ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

What graphics card do you have, and are you using a laptop or desktop PC? Just because I have an NVidia card, and not having any issues with lag in matches.

GForce GTX 950M, and I'm on a laptop. It's been fine running more graphically intensive AAA games, no idea why it can't handle SI's stick man graphics :lol:

Edited by Dagenham_Dave

11 minutes ago, Bradley21 said:

This match engine is really quite poor, it's a massive regression from last years even. Last years had its issues, but i don't feel like i have any control over things in this demo thus far. Players shoot from range constantly, fullbacks are useless, nobody ever crosses the ball, crossfield passes zip around at lightening speed all game, the only way strikers get touches are from long punts down the middle....just not very fun. 

I will post pkm's, but these are issues that are glaring from the first match, these issues shouldn't need bug reports from users to replicate, and they should not be present in a demo so close to release.

It's not a demo, it's the beta. The whole reason there is a beta is to root out issues like this. I agree with your assessment on the state of the ME however. Disappointed with it so far. Gutting, as the rest of the game is the best in the series so far. 

Edited by Dagenham_Dave

Just now, Dagenham_Dave said:

It's not a demo, it's the beta. The whole reason there is a beta is to root out issues like this. I agree with your assessment on the state of the ME so far. Disappointed with it so far. Gutting, as the rest of the game is the best in the series so far. 

It is not a beta. Anyone who's ever worked in the software industry or has any common sense knows you can't have a beta two weeks before launch. Games publishers have been peddling this rubbish for so long that people actually believe it now. 

I also forgot about 1v1's, may as well hardcode them to never happen because it's impossible to score them. 

36 minutes ago, puffascruffowitz said:

I'm using the default genpress with Arsenal and they are doing it every key highlight.

Couple items:

1.My graphics seem slightly choppy on my laptop.

Running a MSi with i7 and GTX1070

Fans are maxed out during matches and seem to be working harder than FM19

Anything I should be checking?

2. When using throw ins the player is facing one way and the ball gets thrown the other way.

3. Stopped working when exiting game from steam

Annotation 2019-11-02 121732.png

Edited by turkishmvp

I notice no-one is moaning about excessive injuries so far this year. 

Probably because there aren't any. Well, hardly any. 

Just checked my league. One team has two minor injuries, another has one, and every other team has ZERO injuries. It's funny how no-one complains when there's considerably less than in real life. 

4 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Just checked my league. One team has two minor injuries, another has one, and every other team has ZERO injuries. It's funny how no-one complains when there's considerably less than in real life. 

Well, I have a decent number of injuries. Not too much but it is okay.

4 минуты назад, Dagenham_Dave сказал:

Do you seem to blame members? I guess its just more difficult to detect things like this. I usually dont think about injures until it happened.
Btw in FM19 I played few seasons just with 3CB in season squad and 19 players at all because it was no injures too. New save - new fate :) 

36 minutes ago, Bradley21 said:

Players shoot from range - i see that too, but not constantly. Excessively? I'd say so.
Fullbacks are useless - I can't say the same. They're doing pretty well for me.
Nobody ever crosses the ball - Don't really have an issue there.
Crossfield passes - They're not at lightning speed here. They happen too often i'd say, yes.
Only way strikers get touches are from long punts down the middle - Can't say the same here. The strikers are doing fairly well here. Scoring goals. Helping out defensively (although they could be a bit more aggressive in doing so).

The reason why i say this is not because i think you're wrong. That's what you experience and i don't refute that, and it's great that you will report it.
But it's not that glaringly obvious from the first match. As you can see, we have different experiences about those points that are issues for you.
I wouldn't say it is a massive regression. Far from it. And regarding not having any control; i'd say i have a bit too much control.
My players are doing what they're being told to do and a bit too much so. Which is not an experience i normally have. But i'm overacheiving at the moment so i'll go with it :D
Are there issues? Absolutely there are. But some issues might not be as obvious as you think they are.

Pre-season friendlies scheduling is kind of bad. Game startdate was the default 3 June, and the first fixture (30 June) is before preseason even starts (1 July).  I can't rearrange or cancel the affiliate friendlies (ones in purple) which is annoying as I'd like to spread them out more to have more than 2 days between most fixtures. What's more, Bochum IRL didn't even play friendlies against those affiliate clubs... so it's a little unrealistic to have them in by default at the beginning of the savegame.
image.thumb.png.7c7421a71826bd51561b6a3792cff26e.png

5 minutes ago, Davey Boy said:

When my DoF or my HoYD buys youth in the US they are always English never American, why is that?

You will probably need to raise this as a bug in the bugs forum with and upload your save as well, because it does seem a bit odd, that he only signs english players

Только что, Dagenham_Dave сказал:

Most teams should average 3-4 injuries at any one time. 

A highly controversial statement. How to measure it empirically? I understand statistics about general amount for season, but any one time? :eek: which part of season, how many tournaments, what type of trainings and tactic intensivity, personal injurity - a lot of factors

1 minute ago, Novem9 said:

A highly controversial statement. How to measure it empirically? I understand statistics about general amount for season, but any one time? :eek: which part of season, how many tournaments, what type of trainings and tactic intensivity, personal injurity - a lot of factors

If you look at the injury table of any professional league, you will generally see that most teams have a few injuries  every week throughout the season. There will be anomalies of course, but that's how it seems to be. In my last save on FM19 by comparison, I didn't have a single injury from January till the end of the season. And so far in the current save on FM20 throughout a full preseason and first month of the season, I've again not had a single injury. 

5 минут назад, Dagenham_Dave сказал:

If you look at the injury table of any professional league, you will generally see that most teams have a few injuries  every week throughout the season. There will be anomalies of course, but that's how it seems to be. In my last save on FM19 by comparison, I didn't have a single injury from January till the end of the season. And so far in the current save on FM20 throughout a full preseason and first month of the season, I've again not had a single injury. 

I know that every team has a lot of injures, ~50-80 during season as I remember. Actually I played FM19 in this week and I have a lot of microinjures for 1-3d, some injures 4-5w and few for 3-5m. Also I have one injury for 12-14m but this guy injured more that played.

upd - its about during 2-3 seasons as I remember. I agree that there are not many injures, I not really have any troubles. Didn't notice this before

Edited by Novem9

I'm enjoying the BETA so far, my only problems with it so far are:

* 1v1 chances never go in. I'm mid-october with Roda JC and I think I only saw one 1v1 to be a goal...and it was a last minute shot for the opposition team to tie the game...no I'm not salty!
* 3D ME is really choppy on my good notebook that runs most of the other games pretty well. I'm having to play on medium settings.
* I tried to play with Inter Miami but I can't buy any player or hire any staff before the team officially enters the MLS around January 1st 2020. You can offer contracts, they accept but they never come to your team. Staff even show that they work for the team on their history but they still unemployed. It speciallys ucks because you can't hire scouts in preparation for the draft nor get players that start as FA.
* The automatic continue (2 seconds) sometimes goes by itself even when I'm clicking and reading news or looking at player profiles. I had this issue in FM19, too.