Football Manager 2020 Pre-Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Wheres best to post a bug about Celtic transfers?

I'm in a St Johnstone save I've had since the beta was released (so its maybe already been fixed), but they make some ridiculous transfers. They signed Ross Barkley from Chelsea and are paying him £98k a week.

I didnt actually notice until about a season after he signed for them as he only played 8 times over the season.

https://community.sigames.com/forum/712-transfers-contracts-scouting-and-staff-responsibilities/

25 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I wonder what's causing this, as it's not happening  in my game at all. Have you checked your league stats? Are all teams experiencing this or is it just you? I know the two screenies above aren't yours, but both examples show lots of penalties for the human controlled sides (presumably) and none for the AI team. Weird. Possibly linked to a tactical set up. 

Same here, I think I'm on a different version to most, I don't see crazy penalties number nor the misses, maybe a couple of penalties over a set of fixtures but nothing like that

I am seeing crazy amounts of yellow cards, 4 or 5 a team every game, seeing about 6 in the first half which seems excessive  

Hey I dont know if it is  revelant or not but, I tried to do make some transfers and I always failed. I managed Leicester City tried talk with Cengiz Under(Roma), Erling Haaland and Eduardo Camavinga and no one intend to come join

I mean Its Leicester in PL. I thought they would want to join me as their team agreed on to fee

7 minutes ago, Grancher said:

Hey I dont know if it is  revelant or not but, I tried to do make some transfers and I always failed. I managed Leicester City tried talk with Cengiz Under(Roma), Erling Haaland and Eduardo Camavinga and no one intend to come join

I mean Its Leicester in PL. I thought they would want to join me as their team agreed on to fee

I suspect that Leicester's reputation has not yet caught up with the top English and European clubs, so the players may well be waiting for the big clubs to come calling.

21 minutes ago, Bophonet_it said:

Excuse me but nobody talking about the oddness of roles? So according to FM19 all the tips can play both in the center and on the side. I've seen players like Saul play left-back, Kane or Icardi play as a right-footed forward !!! What is it? In my opinion it is one of the most unreal things and this happened last year!

I don't think I get what you're saying? A right footed forward? Do you mean like a wide forward?

God this game is doing my head in, Football Manager should not release a BETA anymore and consider hiring developers to actually test the game themselves. Instead of the consumer doing it for them.

The match engine is still broken, nobody can score one-on-ones, 9/10 penalties are missed, stupid number of diagonal balls per game.

Sort it out man, I didn't pay £30 to test the game for you.

I'm noticing a few kit issues in my first season:

• Referee still wearing all black in the English leagues, when away team is also in black.
  • Teams wearing away kits, when there's no real clash. I think this is probably due to the foreground colour selection being the same for both teams, but it looks daft when you see two well known teams play and one's in their away kit for now apparent reason.  

I'm mostly concerned with the amount of shots on goal and keeper saves. So the current world record for most saves in a World Cup game is 16 byt Tim Howard. As far as I can tell most saves in a EPL match is 14. 

These are rookie numbers, Aston Villas 2nd keeper have these numbers every game.

I've had 10 games the first seasons as Liverpool with shots on target above 20 and I score very few goals from open play.

Other than this I'm very pleased.

33 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Wait until the full release then?

It's surely not that hard to figure out if you decide to play the beta, you're going to find bugs, it's the whole point of it. Literally nobody forces you to play it before release date.

Ha. Such a bog standard response.

I understand the beta should come with minor glitches, it is a beta after all, as I've experienced every year since buying the game. There are such obvious errors to the MI that clearly shows the game hasn't been tested properly by developers.

SI have put out three updates so far, some of the issues have been fixed, but the match engine clearly still remains the same despite being told otherwise.

Edited by bahrami

19 minutes ago, Karnack said:

These are rookie numbers, Aston Villas 2nd keeper have these numbers every game.

I've had 10 games the first seasons as Liverpool with shots on target above 20 and I score very few goals from open play.

Other than this I'm very pleased.

Thats also a big part of how keepers on FM have been racking up These saves for quite some while. Headers under pressure and similar in a crowded box, which are regularly picked up, and arguably should. I've oft posted this before. But whenever I see somebody Posting an FM match with a dozen+ shots on target and no Goal in sight, I know what to look out for, and it rarely disappoints. The far too simple data FM offers then give off the "Illusion" of a complete Domination, when it is de facto a side struggling to break a defense down with some regularity. A part of that can be tactical (the AI's drastic spoil tactics included as well). However, I have the supspicious that on FM the amount of shots from the set piece has been significantly higher than in Football  for a while in general. 

I've never seen a side on FM having like 40 shots, which usually means it's coming against a Team sitting Deep -- and most of them being from actually open Play. My own Matches included, mind. (And this was Pool against Burnley, a side then notorious for their spoil tactics). :D  https://1xbet.whoscored.com/Matches/1190196/MatchReport/England-Premier-League-2017-2018-Liverpool-Burnley

Edited by Svenc

1 minute ago, Svenc said:

Thats also a big part of how keepers on FM have been racking up These saves for quite some while. Headers under pressure and similar in a crowded box, which are regularly picked up, and arguably should. I've oft posted this before. But whenever I see somebody Posting an FM match with a dozen+ shots on target and no Goal in sight, I know what to look out for, and it rarely disappoints. The far too simple data FM offers then give off the "Illusion" of a complete Domination, when it is de facto a side struggling to break a defense down. A part of that can be tactical (the AI's drastic spoil tactics included was well). However, I have the supspicious that on FM the amount of shots from the set piece has been significantly higher in General for a while. 

I've never seen a side on FM having like 30 shots, and most of the from actually open Play. My own Matches included, mind. (And this was Pool against Burnley, a side then notorious for their spoil tactics). :D  https://1xbet.whoscored.com/Matches/1190196/MatchReport/England-Premier-League-2017-2018-Liverpool-Burnley

This I fully understand! But since I'm such a poor tactician I have trouble enough to analyse games, add a stat line that looks brilliant but really isnt and it's almost impossible for someone like me to understand where I'm going wrong :)

Oh, don't give me flashbacks from that season, as a Liverpool-fan I've tried to forget it ;)

I'm wondering if the ME we're seeing in the recent update is the final product that we'll see in the full release on Tuesday? Or will there be a different ME? I may be correct in guessing, that since the short time between, unless it's game-breaking, it's going to be more or less the same thing?

2 minutes ago, MatthewS17 said:

I'm wondering if the ME we're seeing in the recent update is the final product that we'll see in the full release on Tuesday? Or will there be a different ME? I may be correct in guessing, that since the short time between, unless it's game-breaking, it's going to be more or less the same thing?

They'll be a slightly different one, never known a beta ME that's made it to the full release in FM history. Nothing too dramatic but subtle changes none the less.

17 minutes ago, MatthewS17 said:

For me thie ME is really good at this stage.. the bigger issue for me is the lag in the ME after this update.. i just really hope they will fix it

15 minutes ago, GOODNAME said:

For me thie ME is really good at this stage.. the bigger issue for me is the lag in the ME after this update.. i just really hope they will fix it

The ME for me as well. Yesterday for fun, I watched quite a few matches in full highlights mode and you really get a sense of how good the defensive AI generally is. I think what people forget is that when watching in Key/Comprehensive and even extensive, which almost everyone does, it's tuned to show a highlight that ultimately leads to a positive offensive event for either club. It's not there to show anything remarkable defensive-wise or any ho-hum defensive play. These plays happen 95% of the time during the match, which unless you select Full match highlights, you will never be aware of. We really shouldn't be solely judging how the match engine feels/looks based on Key/Comprehensive/Extensive highlights.  

However, the full matches do show and I am in full agreement with the general consensus that there is a very obvious lack of passing centrally that attempt to exploit and break down the opposition. If SI can nail this aspect, the match engine would be golden. 

5 minutes ago, rain94 said:

The ME for me as well. Yesterday for fun, I watched quite a few matches in full highlights mode and you really get a sense of how good the defensive AI generally is. I think what people forget is that when watching in Key/Comprehensive and even extensive, which almost everyone does, it's tuned to show a highlight that ultimately leads to a positive offensive event for either club. It's not there to show anything remarkable defensive-wise or any ho-hum defensive play. These plays happen 95% of the time during the match, which unless you select Full match highlights, you will never be aware of. We really shouldn't be solely judging how the match engine feels/looks based on Key/Comprehensive/Extensive highlights.  

However, the full matches do show and I am in full agreement with the general consensus that there is a very obvious lack of passing centrally that attempt to exploit and break down the opposition. If SI can nail this aspect, the match engine would be golden. 

Yeah. Central Passing for me is a point of frustration. Maybe there's a case to be made for penalties, but nothing is really game breaking. 

Except maybe the fact that I now have to click out of a wage negotiation, to view the current contract. For some reason, I am visibly irked by the extra click. 

I've had three players suffer broken limbs recently, which encountered momentary frustration, but my blood boils at the thought of that extra click.

Just me? Yeah, probably me. :idiot:

Edited by MatthewS17

4 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Expand that part of the screen and it'll be there. If you've got a lot of stuff on your squad screen, autosizing will generally reduce them to the circles, but you should be able to manually adjust. Works for me. 

Doesn't help. It just messes up the columns further.

I keep struggling at the very core of this game. It doesn't matter if I meet a Leauge One team in some cup or a fellow PL team that have no wins halfway through the season: I lose. Right now I'm watching my West Ham players fail to register one single shot home against dead last Watford (and no, it's not complacency, unless "composed" means something completley different than I think it does). It's a freakshow. 

I'm used of it after all these years, but it's still kind of exhausting to have to cheat your way through your FM saves in order to not be sacked after a season. And yes, I understand it's my tactics.

19 horas atrás, Dreambuilder disse:

Latest patch broke youngsters without preset determination to 1. Game now unplayable until it is fixed. Please fix asap!

Is this problem for real?

Does anyone know if this problem happens to newgens as well?

Edited by AEJ

3 hours ago, Icy said:

Total domination from my team, no pass attempts inside the area from any player as you can see in the screenshot. Goals came from a cross to the opposite wing and from a penalty.

I play a short passing control strategy, I dominate most of my games and end winning, just won with Crewe the league losing only 6 games, and the EFL cup in the first season, so I'm happy... about the results, but I could play without an striker and have a similar season.

As soon as you pin the other team in their area, your striker and inside forwards just stay together not moving at all, like if all three were target men playing back to goal.

As the middle of the area is congested, my midfielders only pass to the wide wingbacks as they are open, so they cross it mainly to the inside winger or wingback in the opposite side. The midfielders, even with 17 vision, never attempt to pass through the middle to the Striker or inside forwards. These passes should be hard to complete as the middle is packed, but at least they should try to pass and the forwards should try to find an space to run to get thorough balls, or they should come back to try 1 on 2 passes.

I'll upload pkm to the bugs forums.

Here is my thread if others want to contribute as well:

Football Manager 2020 16_11_2019 12_12_23.png

This is really disappointing and the reason I couldn't play FM19 anymore. 

2 hours ago, Lempicka said:

I'm noticing a few kit issues in my first season:

• Referee still wearing all black in the English leagues, when away team is also in black.
  • Teams wearing away kits, when there's no real clash. I think this is probably due to the foreground colour selection being the same for both teams, but it looks daft when you see two well known teams play and one's in their away kit for now apparent reason.  

Here's good example: Grimsby's black and white home kit has apparently clashed with Swindon's red home kit - so they wear their mainly red away kit instead!?!?

kitclash01.jpg

3 hours ago, bahrami said:

God this game is doing my head in, Football Manager should not release a BETA anymore and consider hiring developers to actually test the game themselves. Instead of the consumer doing it for them.

The match engine is still broken, nobody can score one-on-ones, 9/10 penalties are missed, stupid number of diagonal balls per game.

Sort it out man, I didn't pay £30 to test the game for you.

Its the beta... SI don't make you play/test it. Wait for full release. Wow! 

Loving the game but still not happy with wingers running to the byline and not crossing!!!In fact wingers not even acting like wingers, half the time my 2 right wingers are in field when they collect the ball.Hopefully this is tweaked for the full release.

2 hours ago, rain94 said:

On a side note, did you know that deliberate handballs exist in FM? Unless you play on Full Highlights, you will never see them and other details. 

lafc10.gif

Haha, that's class. 

Something else I saw for the first time ever today. My winger ran into the box, was fouled by the defender but instead of going down, stumbled to stay on his feet and poked the ball across the goal for the striker to score. Glorious. So many great little touches this year. 

1 minute ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Haha, that's class. 

Something else I saw for the first time ever today. My winger ran into the box, was fouled by the defender but instead of going down, stumbled to stay on his feet and poked the ball across the goal for the striker to score. Glorious. So many great little touches this year. 

It always seems from comments that a lot of people play on the shorter highlights modes, so they never see a lot of the nice little animations that are in the game. I think it can skew perceptions of the ME quite considerably.

2 hours ago, MatthewS17 said:

Except maybe the fact that I now have to click out of a wage negotiation, to view the current contract. For some reason, I am visibly irked by the extra click. 

No you don't, it's still on the negotiations page, just hidden now at the top. Where it says  current offer, it's a drop down box which allows you to view the current contract. 

1 minute ago, rp1966 said:

It always seems from comments that a lot of people play on the shorter highlights modes, so they never see a lot of the nice little animations that are in the game. I think it can skew perceptions of the ME quite considerably.

Couldn't agree more. 

10 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Haha, that's class. 

Clear dive...

lafc6.gif

vor 11 Minuten schrieb Dagenham_Dave:

So many great little touches this year. 

I love them too. My problem (only a few games played) is that there are many really fun to watch and even beautiful played attacks, but at the end the percentage of goals coming from set pieces is just way too high. May i ask how many of your goals (scored and conceded) are coming from set pieces?

2 minutes ago, Defensive said:

I love them too. My problem (only a few games played) is that there are many really fun to watch and even beautiful played attacks, but at the end the percentage of goals coming from set pieces is just way too high. May i ask how many of your goals (scored and conceded) are coming from set pieces?

In 31 matches, I've scored four goals from a corner, one from a direct free kick, and three from an indirect free kick. 

Eight goals scored from set pieces out of 61 league goals in total. 

It's not so easy to find how many conceded from these situations, but it's not something that I've noticed to be too high. 

In each of the three categories in the league, most goals from corners is 11, from direct free kicks is 2, and from indirect free kicks is 6. 

Playing a bit of FM15 this drab afternoon & one thing I've seen a couple of time is a striker receiving the ball deep, turning & driving forward toward goal through the defensive line. I've played the last two FMs a fair bit & don't think I've ever seen that        

5 ore fa, Johnny Ace ha scritto:

Non penso di ottenere quello che stai dicendo? Un destro in avanti? Vuoi dire come un grande avanti?

I want to say that I have seen players trained in absurd roles, such as Saul who plays Atletico as a left-back, a central striker Icardi who plays from the right wing in a 4-3-3.

The more you go on and the players can do all the roles of defense, midfield and attack. Absolutely unreal, a target man should remain a target man !!!

28 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

In 31 matches, I've scored four goals from a corner, one from a direct free kick, and three from an indirect free kick. 

Eight goals scored from set pieces out of 61 league goals in total. 

It's not so easy to find how many conceded from these situations, but it's not something that I've noticed to be too high. 

In each of the three categories in the league, most goals from corners is 11, from direct free kicks is 2, and from indirect free kicks is 6. 

I swear u have some magical ME.

Has anyone else seen the latest Lollujo video?

The 2 matches are basically why the ME is in my opinion in an awful state this year.

Arsenal must have missed 6 or 7 clear one on one's in the second match. Ferminio scored a laughable OG in the first and missed an absolute sitter to boot.

It looks laughable when u sit and watch 2 games back to back like that.