Football Manager 2020 Pre-Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

vor 43 Minuten schrieb pats:

That's interesting. If my memory serves me right, didn't Jimenez have low composure (<=10) in previous FMs? Has he received stats boost in this version? (I don't have access to FM right now). 

composure sits at 13

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• SI Staff
45 minutes ago, rdbayly said:

I feel it makes it harder to measure progress now Seb. If I now set an individual focus on a particular attribute that is, for example, 10; I now have no way of knowing if it is heading in the right direction towards 11, or at what rate (directional arrows aside)

Historically, if I could see it climb to 10.4, I know that he is on the right path. I think WorkTheSpace mentioned it as a backwards step in one of his videos.

The graph line still operates in these fractions of numbers, which should provide the magnitude of any change, only the tooltip displays whole integers.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Would this be the same reason all the touchlines/boxes/centre circles turned blue for me in December/January before going back to white. 

I remember that from last year's game. I had totally convinced myself my eyesight was going haywire. It's reassurring to know that I wasn't going crazy 

Started a new save with ManUtd. Managed to sign Maddison for 40mil, Belotti for 40mil and David Brooks for 25mil. 

All of them without any problems which is a bit strange. I thought their clubs would be much tougher to negotiate, especially Leicester for Maddison. 

Also I don't think United are overpowered again as some people here said. If you remove De Gea, Pogba and Maguire it is quite an average side tbh..

PS. i also signed Bruno Guimaraes from Atletico Paranense for 38mil release clause. The guy looks absolute class.

Just now, luka_ said:

Also I don't think United are overpowered again as some people here said.

Check out that Nakamura chap's career with Man U in the career updates section. Won all six trophies in the 2nd season with his DOF making all the transfers. 

41 minutes ago, bigmattb28 said:

Here's where you're going wrong

Its easy to mock others, but the reddit community is quite big and quite active. Instead of mocking them, we could take their opinions seriously. If a good part of the people there are noticing something wrong its at least worthy looking at. Yeah Reddit is a shitshow sometimes, but thats the case with every big community I guess. 

SI wouldnt do bad by sending over a community manager there or put some other PR person on it like many game makers do. Encourage them to report to these forums with PKMs, share information and generally interacting with people on Reddit. They are already on Twitter (lets not start talking about how bad that is sometimes...), so Reddit is just a small extra step. 

Club Vision has it's flaws:

image.thumb.png.648976d0a5d49dc498e161f9c9d18836.png

Edit - Sorry, Club Vision shows correct "Board are pleased we are challenging for the title....", it's the Manager Performance that's showing the conflicting info.

Edited by plcarlos

Fantastic new features, but wondered if it’s possible for you to make the ‘dark mode’ dark again before the full release of the game? There’s so much white/bright colours on processing and other areas of the game it may as well not be dark mode! Makes it difficult for some of us to play 😕 

1 hour ago, bigmattb28 said:

Here's where you're going wrong

Wow, much wit, much insight 

You win this round ...

I would say reddit would be for more "casual" FM players who probably say it as it is and look at the core product - i.e the ME. vs here where more hardcore players where opinions will sway more to the extremes - love ir or hate it 

1 hour ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Check out that Nakamura chap's career with Man U in the career updates section. Won all six trophies in the 2nd season with his DOF making all the transfers. 

Second season means three transfer windows in which you can spend hundreads of millions and buy 10 players so that doesn't mean the current squad of players is overpowered.

1 hour ago, luka_ said:

Started a new save with ManUtd. Managed to sign Maddison for 40mil, Belotti for 40mil and David Brooks for 25mil. 

All of them without any problems which is a bit strange. I thought their clubs would be much tougher to negotiate, especially Leicester for Maddison. 

Also I don't think United are overpowered again as some people here said. If you remove De Gea, Pogba and Maguire it is quite an average side tbh..

PS. i also signed Bruno Guimaraes from Atletico Paranense for 38mil release clause. The guy looks absolute class.

Seeing similar in my save, in fact slightly cheaper prices than yours: In the summer of 2020 Arsenal just picked up Maddison for £31.5 Millon and as Man Utd I signed Bruno Guimaraes for £20m. I also signed Kane for £94m which seemed exceptionally cheap.

• SI Staff
42 minutes ago, plcarlos said:

Club Vision has it's flaws:

image.thumb.png.648976d0a5d49dc498e161f9c9d18836.png

Edit - Sorry, Club Vision shows correct "Board are pleased we are challenging for the title....", it's the Manager Performance that's showing the conflicting info.

Could you report this here please - https://community.sigames.com/forum/725-club-vision-and-performance/

I let an absolute no rate youth player leave for nothing at the end of contract. Rated 1 star and I was advised to let him go.

Its been about two months since, and every time I continue the board seem to change their mind about it. They'll be delighted at the "financial aspects of the deal", I'll advance a day and it'll switch to them being worried about the "financial aspects", I'll then continue and maybe play a game, then they'll be delighted about it again. Seems totally random and can last as one or the other for days or weeks, but then changes back again.

12 minutes ago, KongeMeier said:

I remember reading you can upload a photo of yourself instead of using the cartoon manager face the game generates (from a photo).

Could a kind soul point me where this option is? I can't find it...

think its in preferencess, under interface, at the bottom iirc

• SI Staff
23 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I let an absolute no rate youth player leave for nothing at the end of contract. Rated 1 star and I was advised to let him go.

Its been about two months since, and every time I continue the board seem to change their mind about it. They'll be delighted at the "financial aspects of the deal", I'll advance a day and it'll switch to them being worried about the "financial aspects", I'll then continue and maybe play a game, then they'll be delighted about it again. Seems totally random and can last as one or the other for days or weeks, but then changes back again.

Could you raise that here please - https://community.sigames.com/forum/725-club-vision-and-performance/

anyone finding transfer fees a little low.

as Man United: Ive had the following accepted first window: (with no add ons minus a  smallish percentage of next fee)

Goretzka- 30mill

Donny Van de Beek: 25mill

Moussa Dembele: 23mill

Andrea Belotti: 27mill

Bernarndeshi: Loan

1 minute ago, pizzachips said:

anyone finding transfer fees a little low.

as Man United: Ive had the following accepted first window: (with no add ons minus a  smallish percentage of next fee)

Goretzka- 30mill

Donny Van de Beek: 25mill

Moussa Dembele: 23mill

Andrea Belotti: 27mill

Bernarndeshi: Loan

This has been reported and is under investigation

6 minutes ago, pizzachips said:

ive "saved game before exit" twice & twice i get this error although it appears to have saved anyways.

not experienced this in FM19 or had any obvious performance related issues in beta'20 

image.thumb.png.d3652bbeb445d810ec5be69aa0a1d471.png

image.png

I've had this happen too & reported it in technical bugs forum

6 minutes ago, pizzachips said:

ive "saved game before exit" twice & twice i get this error although it appears to have saved anyways.

not experienced this in FM19 or had any obvious performance related issues in beta'20 

image.thumb.png.d3652bbeb445d810ec5be69aa0a1d471.png

image.png

This was a known issue with a small number of users in FM 19, although it appeared to have no effect at all.  If you are worried about it, report it in the Crashes and Technical sub forum of the main FM 20 Bugs forum

Does anyone know what this does? I've changed the colours on them, but it doesn't seem to do anything. I can change the attribute colours etc from the option underneath these three, but no idea what the circled things do. I realise this might be completely obvious given the name...

skincolours.thumb.png.e40ade47d919c965d3079fd0e7d50f34.png

5 hours ago, KongeMeier said:

I remember reading you can upload a photo of yourself instead of using the cartoon manager face the game generates (from a photo).

Could a kind soul point me where this option is? I can't find it...

It’s not working. 

Has anyone else had the crash on 31/12?

11 hours ago, pats said:

That's interesting. If my memory serves me right, didn't Jimenez have low composure (<=10) in previous FMs? Has he received stats boost in this version? (I don't have access to FM right now). 

Realistically, this should (and typically does) only make this much of a difference, btw. Given the reports, the misses for Nikopol may come sooner rather than later, and even in longer sequences. It's the same like the guys reporting that they have a (short-term) terrible record from the penalty spot -- even with Ronaldo taking them. And that's a much easier Chance than any one on one is (which on average should be a ~33% Chance). Let's do simple Maths for the penalty, for instance. Assuming the average taker converts roughly ~75% of his penalties, and the top echolon ~80-85%, Long-term over dozens of penalties.

That means there would be a 15-20% chance of Ronaldo not converting that Penalty (his actual record stands at ~83%). In other words, Long-term average you should see him not converting roughly every sixth. Not converting two in a sequence would still be a 2-4% Chance. That means in sequences where he takes two, you should see two misses roughly every 25-50th time. From here on Things get increasingly more tricky; however, unless SI were to hardcode that Ronaldo should never miss in sequences; there are still probabilities. However unlikely they may be.

Now here's the catch: If Things are simulated an infinite amount of times, stuff is guaranteed to happen. FM isn't simulated an "infinite amount of times"; however, it's simulated each time any of its thousands of Players fires up a save. If you'd now consider that the chances of conversion may and should be lower in a shoot-out, same as for a Penalty that means for something (90th Minute and scoreline being 0-1)...

Edited by Svenc

Not a bug but too much yellow in the U.I for me.  It would be nice to have a wider range of options.  A bit jarring to my eyes, am sure others feel the same.  I've changed the way attributes are shown to make it better but would be good for the casual fan to have more standard options people can just click on and have whatever suits.  Looking to get a few people I know to purchase the game, some for the first time, I couldn't really get them to follow through the way it is cause I know it will look too complicated for them (1 is older), at times it could be clearer.  Another thing would be nice if there was an option to not have to click off the highlighted attributes when clicking on a player.

Some of these small changes could make a big difference, love the games, would really like to play a lot this version, but I'm having to stop and start cause it's quite jarring to the eyes at the moment.  I understand the theory behind the colors and there is certainly logic to it but I wonder if it would be an optional choice to have just normal text without all the colouring, I know that would probably be nicer and better for me.  Just would be nice to be able to customize the game as the user the way you want and probably shouldn't be overly hard to do. 

When have been able to play have enjoyed it, to me FM are the best games ever, on any console, any genre of games, it's the most immersive incredible game, it's the only game I buy every year.  Look forward to it every year.  How far it's come is remarkable.

I'd like to ask,

Will the effect of physical decline on human body be seen in the competition?

Can these physical phenomena be seen in the competition in the future?

after the physical strength of the players decreased, the speed of running, the quality of passing and shooting did not decrease.

On bad lawns, on snow, on rainy days, football should have resistance on the lawns,

When football is played on these fields,

Football should slow down and change direction.

1 hour ago, Ras said:

Another thing would be nice if there was an option to not have to click off the highlighted attributes when clicking on a player.

You can do this already. Click on highlight, and you can untick the relevant box to do this. This has been in the last few FMs

attclick.png.9bf30c5d58eadcaab611ca6d4d6977ce.png

3 hours ago, Svenc said:

Realistically, this should (and typically does) only make this much of a difference, btw. Given the reports, the misses for Nikopol may come sooner rather than later, and even in longer sequences. It's the same like the guys reporting that they have a (short-term) terrible record from the penalty spot -- even with Ronaldo taking them. And that's a much easier Chance than any one on one is (which on average should be a ~33% Chance). Let's do simple Maths for the penalty, for instance. Assuming the average taker converts roughly ~75% of his penalties, and the top echolon ~80-85%, Long-term over dozens of penalties.

That means there would be a 15-20% chance of Ronaldo not converting that Penalty (his actual record stands at ~83%). In other words, Long-term average you should see him not converting roughly every sixth. Not converting two in a sequence would still be a 2-4% Chance. That means in sequences where he takes two, you should see two misses roughly every 25-50th time. From here on Things get increasingly more tricky; however, unless SI were to hardcode that Ronaldo should never miss in sequences; there are still probabilities. However unlikely they may be.

Now here's the catch: If Things are simulated an infinite amount of times, stuff is guaranteed to happen. FM isn't simulated an "infinite amount of times"; however, it's simulated each time any of its thousands of Players fires up a save. If you'd now consider that the chances of conversion may and should be lower in a shoot-out, same as for a Penalty that means for something (90th Minute and scoreline being 0-1)...

You are not taking into consideration the Percentages of the goal keeper saving penalty kicks . Im sure there are good goalkeepers who have a good percentage of saves that would also have to be calculated in . 

played with both Ajax and Arsenal, see a lot of crosses from one side of the pitch to the other side (wide passes) when there are far better options. 

i don't mind the crosses to move the play to the other side of the pitch, but there are just way to much of them

40 minutes ago, smdw2008 said:

When I click club profile , then squad list appear. Not profile club.

In preference show profile for landing page club

Untitled.png

This is one of my bug bears, happened in 19 too. I'm just going to have to get in to the habit of right clicking a team and choosing overview.

8 minutes ago, Graphiccoma said:

played with both Ajax and Arsenal, see a lot of crosses from one side of the pitch to the other side (wide passes) when there are far better options. 

i don't mind the crosses to move the play to the other side of the pitch, but there are just way to much of them

It's the same lower down the leagues. Ridiculous amount of Beckhamesque crossfield passes from one fullback to the other, when there are easier/more obvious passes on. 

Initial thoughts after 10 games or so, comparing to FM19:

' Way too many offside goals, im averaging at least 1 every game

' Strikers have a hard time scoring 1on1

' Long shots seem to easy to score

' Easier to both sell and buy players

' Unrealistically easy to recruit high quality staff - I managed to sign Tony Colbert to my second tier swedish side

42 minutes ago, Dalglish said:

It's the same lower down the leagues. Ridiculous amount of Beckhamesque crossfield passes from one fullback to the other, when there are easier/more obvious passes on. 

Sometimes, when my fullbacks are in good position to cross the ball into box, they cross it but they cross it way long to another fullback of the other side.

2 minutes ago, Bakiano said:

Sometimes, when my fullbacks are in good position to cross the ball into box, they cross it but they cross it way long to another fullback of the other side.

Yep - I'm seeing a lot of that as well. It has been reported in the bugs forum, so hopefully it'll be sorted for release.

Have to say, this is just one of a quite a few issues I've noticed on the pitch. Initially I was impressed, however, after half a season of watching extended highlights, the following traits are very common.

• Forwards hardly score in 1 v 1 situation
  • Amount of offside goals
  • Long ball over the top too effective - regardless of whether your defensive line is higher or lower
  • players randomly kicking the ball out
  • Players won't try a though ball. Sometimes they'll just stop and play it backwards or yer another long sideways pass.
  • Loads of penalty misses

I'm also finding regardless of how I set my team up to play, they'll continue to pump it long -giving me the feeling that I'm not really in control.

11 minutes ago, Bradley21 said:

I'm really beginning to get tired of this ME now. There's just too many issues to make it anything other than frustrating, pretty appalling that they managed to put it out in this state two weeks from launch. The flaws are just so obvious, and so large. 

You'll need to be more specific and posts examples otherwise SI won't look into them,

Just rewatching the First Look video with Miles, it's interesting comparing the ME to what we have now. Play looks a lot more central, dynamic & realistic, I'm hoping it swings back that way with the updates     

@Dalglish get those points reported, the more that's reported the more examples SI have to look at 

Edited by Johnny Ace

7 minutes ago, Dalglish said:

Yep - I'm seeing a lot of that as well. It has been reported in the bugs forum, so hopefully it'll be sorted for release.

Have to say, this is just one of a quite a few issues I've noticed on the pitch. Initially I was impressed, however, after half a season of watching extended highlights, the following traits are very common.

• Forwards hardly score in 1 v 1 situation
  • Amount of offside goals
  • Long ball over the top too effective - regardless of whether your defensive line is higher or lower
  • players randomly kicking the ball out
  • Players won't try a though ball. Sometimes they'll just stop and play it backwards or yer another long sideways pass.
  • Loads of penalty misses

I'm also finding regardless of how I set my team up to play, they'll continue to pump it long -giving me the feeling that I'm not really in control.

I'm think the ME is in pretty good shape this year, but there does seem to be something in the decision making that is causing it to choose the long option far too often, even with shorter passing selected. I suspect it's related to how it judges a player is under pressure from the opposition and not available for a pass. It's looking at your choice of 'short passing'; deciding no-one in range is able to receive the ball and so looks for an out ball.

Offsides continue to be a problem. Not sure why that might be.