Football Manager 2020 Pre-Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

19 minutes ago, Dennis_Ajax said:

Is the beta playable? Or are there any gamebreaking things in the ME?

It is playable. There might be difficulty identifying issues with tactics in the ME due to some of the patterns of play though, and there are other issues related to club vision, which should be ironed out soon. If you're after a smoother game, there's no harm in waiting for release day, which is just around the corner now.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, sporadicsmiles said:

Windows Key + shift + left/right arrow should move to the monitor to the left/right monitor. I only have 2, but I assume it works for 3 monitors too.

Well you learn something every day! Thanks for that!

7 hours ago, Nebuuu said:

I hate this sooo much. :D
He will shoot instead of passing to the left. *grrr*
See this so often. I know BETA and it will be fixed i guess.
Whatever...there is potential@FM2020

Almost 1 Season (3D) finished, had fun so far.
I wish you all a nice sunday. Liverpool - ManCity....so damn excited! :D
Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiverpoooooooooooooooooooool, Liiverpool!

fm2020betaME.jpg

My biggest problem with these is more how often we see this situation. For me, as a striker i'd always be shooting there but how often IRL do we see a striker through on goal with so much time. It happens multiple times a game on FM. When the player has a tighter angle though i'm totally with you. In this picture a player with low composure and vision is less likely to be aware of the teammates position. When they're coming it from a tighter angle though the pass is right there for them to see but they still shoot. For me though, the biggest problem is probably the defending. These situations happen way too often. 

il y a 15 minutes, Sanel a dit :

Is it SI's job to fix this or the customer? 

@Sanel

You need to be more constructive in your comment. You also need to understand that nothing can be perfect in a beta.

SI dev works to make FM better year after year.

If you want to make it better, you can raise a ticket in the bug forum as @Dagenham Dave suggest it. We will be pleased to help you if you make it.

it's not necessary to be annoyed....

It's not a bug. but a thought.

I got a son in my first intake and watched him play for the Israeli U-21 side. 

It was reported that I was a 'fervent patriot' who watches every game I can...

That's fair, but if I have a son playing, surely that would take precedence? Just a thought.

1 hour ago, Icy said:

wouldn't it be better to have the thousands of us testing every new ME version to find if it's finally balanced or not?

They did this last year, when there was a big issue with striker movement. The patch was released as a beta so people could help solve the issue. There really is not all that much wrong with this ME though. The most irritating thing is long balls and defender reactions to them (in what I have seen anyway). And it is better to have this 2 weeks so they can get patch out for the release, than have to wait after release for fixes. I imagine that SI know exactly what issues they have in the game, but it helps if they can collect examples from users, rather than having to generate themselves. Plus they get access to rarer bugs that are hard to replicate this way. I find it nonsensical to suggest they are unaware of any of the things going on the ME.

1 hour ago, kosecki99 said:

The idea that the style of play is varied is good. But this is the worst ME in years. We need an important update in the ME, because it is totally unplayable

Absolute nonsense. There are issues in the ME, but unplayable? I guess you just lost a game. 

I didn't buy the game yet and I have a couple of questions for the people actually playing the beta:

- I think that development center looks really promising, I would like to know if it would be possible to force coaches of youth teams to train and give time playing in a certain position for a player as we do when we loan him out;

- the time required for processing is diminished if compared to FM2019?

- U17 teams are still missing? in Italy we still have U20 and U18?

Thank you!

8 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

They might. I'm sure you can simulate it. Go a high profile side and put your reputation much lower than that side, then go in, sell half the team and sign half a new team in the first window. The players hate it (understandably tbf)

Opposition team had that situation against me last night, and rolled it across goal for a tap in. Had me absolutely raging that's the moment it decides to happen.

If it is the 4 players i brought in and 2 i released you think make them ask for this meeting that ruined my good season start - then you schould maybe think about what selling half a team means.

16 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

All we've seen is the afters. Despite being asked about FIVE times now, you still haven't told us why the players were unhappy. They don't just approach you and demand a meeting about your management of the team for absolutely no reason. What has happened for it to get to that stage? 

Absolutely nothing happened! I have no clue why they asked for this meeting. As you can see they asked for it due to my management of the team .................. and as you can also see there is nothing in team dynamics or anywhere stating why they wanted this meeting. 

These player meetings are a stupid part of the game - it is not commong a team calls in the manager to critisice him - specially not a winning manager

Thats what i stated again and again. But I understand that part of the FM culture is like a cult - the game can never be wrong

I don't know where FM19 feedback forum is, but I got an update for FM19. I had already 19.3.6, after update is still 19.3.6; but what was that update?

16 minutes ago, ravenation said:

Absolutely nothing happened! I have no clue why they asked for this meeting.

It doesn't usually happen for no reason though. Have you uploaded the save to the Bugs forum? 

17 minutes ago, ravenation said:

But I understand that part of the FM culture is like a cult - the game can never be wrong

More information needed before any conclusions can be made. 

Just now, Cadoni said:

I don't know where FM19 feedback forum is, but I got an update for FM19. I had already 19.3.6, after update is still 19.3.6; but what was that update?

This happens every year, it'll be the small update to get the advert for FM20 onto the home screen. 

20 minutes ago, ravenation said:

Absolutely nothing happened! I have no clue why they asked for this meeting. As you can see they asked for it due to my management of the team .................. and as you can also see there is nothing in team dynamics or anywhere stating why they wanted this meeting. 

These player meetings are a stupid part of the game - it is not commong a team calls in the manager to critisice him - specially not a winning manager

Thats what i stated again and again. But I understand that part of the FM culture is like a cult - the game can never be wrong

You should get some warning or heads up trouble is brewing, or a reason as to why a player is not happy.

If nothing has happened and it's just dumped out of the blue it sounds like a bug. 

I'm not sure it's the right Thread. It is an improvement suggestion i would say. If it's the wrong Thread, you can move it.

It depends the Club Transfer Management KI. At the moment it seems, that the KI choosing Players depends of their ability and potential. Thats ok basically. But as a result of this, the KI pays a lot of money for Players, which have a lot of stars on the one side but maybe not a good saison on the other side. For example, the Ki buys for a striker more that 120 Millions although his last season (or the last Seasons) was not good. He scores 10 Goals at a max per Season. But I think you should typically buy that much money for striker, when he plays a good Saison 20 oder 30 Goals.

I think it would be better when the KI chooses besides the Stars (ability and potential) for the rating he gets for his season (or the last seasons). A player has good abilities and big potential, plus he plays a good season would justify a lot more a buying for 100 or 130 Millions, but if the same player plays a bad Season (or more bad seasons in the past) his value drops and he should only get a price maybe 60-80 Millions.
Because of his potential, it's ok to pay some money, but because of his bad performances on the pitch, it should be not be an excellent price, if you know what i mean and so he should drop in the price and value.

With this method, it would be definitly more realistic and you would appreciate more current performances of the players.

P.S. by the way, defense Players should not reach the same price level as offensive players. I think a woldclass defensive player would cost at least 30 percent less than an worldclass offensive player (of the same or similar level).

Edited by MagicTiger

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, MagicTiger said:

I'm not sure it's the right Thread. It is an improvement suggestion i would say. If it's the wrong Thread, you can move it.

It depends the Club Transfer Management KI. At the moment it seems, that the KI choosing Players depends of their ability and potential. Thats ok basically. But as a result of this, the KI pays a lot of money for Players, which have a lot of stars on the one side but maybe not a good saison on the other side. For example, the Ki buys for a striker more that 120 Millions although his last season (or the last Seasons) was not good. He scores 10 Goals at a max per Season. But I think you should typically buy that much money for striker, when he plays a good Saison 20 oder 30 Goals.

I think it would be better when the KI chooses besides the Stars (ability and potential) for the rating he gets for his season (or the last seasons). A player has good abilities and big potential, plus he plays a good season would justify a lot more a buying for 100 or 130 Millions, but if the same player plays a bad Season (or more bad seasons in the past) his value drops and he should only get a price maybe 60-80 Millions.
Because of his potential, it's ok to pay some money, but because of his bad performances on the pitch, it should be not be an excellent price, if you know what i mean and so he should drop in the price and value.

With this method, it would be definitly more realistic and you would appreciate more current performances of the players.

The AI takes much, much more into account when signing a player than just ability and potential stars. Specifically, form and performance are taken into account, as you suggest, along with a number of other factors.

If you have some example of the AI signing players unrealistically, please do get them posted here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/696-football-manager-2020-pre-release-beta-bug-forum/

P.S. by the way, defense Players should not reach the same price level as offensive players. I think a woldclass defensive player would cost at least 30 percent less than an worldclass offensive player (of the same or similar level).

Generally forwards are more expensive than defenders, but of course this is a broad statement and will not apply in every single instance.

As above, if you have some examples that you believe look unrealistic, please do get them posted for us to investigate.

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, Delvi said:

- I think that development center looks really promising, I would like to know if it would be possible to force coaches of youth teams to train and give time playing in a certain position for a player as we do when we loan him out;

You can control both the training and playing time of Under X team players via the Dev Centre through the respective tabs.

2 hours ago, Delvi said:

- U17 teams are still missing? in Italy we still have U20 and U18?

Not certain I understand your question, are you referring to the sidebar icons? If so, these now only appear when you take control of that team. Otherwise you can access them under the Dev Centre.

10 minutes ago, The Threadstarter said:

so you can watch everything on high settings?

no crashes, replays enabled?

are you talking 20.0.3 or public beta 20.0.4 btw?

Didn't even know there was a 20.0.4, but yes, it's working ok now. Still not super smooth, but I'm only on a laptop. Does me fine. 

Can someone at SI confirm if it's by design or a possible bug that virtually no teams will send you a player on loan unless you pay most of their wages? I'm talking lower league here. I'm in pre-season, and could do with a few loans for my VNN side, but I'm maxed out on wages. Every single player I've tried to bring in, their club is demanding we pay the wages, 100% in most cases. Tried to get a senior affiliate, but as has been happening the last few editions, this seems really difficult to do as well. Many lower league clubs depend on loan signings to help them squad build. 

18 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Didn't even know there was a 20.0.4, but yes, it's working ok now. Still not super smooth, but I'm only on a laptop. Does me fine. 

it's a public beta , you have to opt in. More here

https://community.sigames.com/topic/500237-crash-during-or-after-match-in-pre-release-beta-version-2003/

Edited by The Threadstarter

3 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Can someone at SI confirm if it's by design or a possible bug that virtually no teams will send you a player on loan unless you pay most of their wages? I'm talking lower league here. I'm in pre-season, and could do with a few loans for my VNN side, but I'm maxed out on wages. Every single player I've tried to bring in, their club is demanding we pay the wages, 100% in most cases. Tried to get a senior affiliate, but as has been happening the last few editions, this seems really difficult to do as well. Many lower league clubs depend on loan signings to help them squad build. 

That's a bug mate. I've raised a query in the FMT bug section and it is being looked into. Had it confirmed that there should be some players available with lower contribution and that is isn't currently working as intended

Non match engine improvements , specifically development centre are excellent.

I am really really struggling with the matchday though. Its really hard to describe, it just seems like every highlight is pinball with the ball bouncing every where. Ive just seen a highlight switch 5 times between each side attacking. I suppose it beats the old way where you could tell instantly just looking at a highlight what the outcome would be.

4 hours ago, ak71 said:

Hi, FMers.

Wish to check.

During this Beta version, can the customised club logo work..?

I've created a graphics folder and placed the logos there but nothing happened.

Reload the skin mate.

5 hours ago, ak71 said:

Hi, FMers.

Wish to check.

During this Beta version, can the customised club logo work..?

I've created a graphics folder and placed the logos there but nothing happened.

I am struggling where to put anything - usually a football manager 18/19 etc is created within documents on a mac, but there has been no football manager 20 created

You surely don't need to create the whole folder structure? Was sometimes in the past you just had to make graphics folder within it

33 minutes ago, bigmattb28 said:

Reload the skin mate.

Thanks, mate. 

But quite strange. Initially, before installing the graphics, i was playing in the Light skin. When i reload the other 2 skins, the logos graphics are there. However, when i reload my light skin, the logos disappeared.

Hmmm, is this a bug..?

3 minutes ago, ak71 said:

Thanks, mate. 

But quite strange. Initially, before installing the graphics, i was playing in the Light skin. When i reload the other 2 skins, the logos graphics are there. However, when i reload my light skin, the logos disappeared.

Hmmm, is this a bug..?

Apologies. It's working now. Basically, i need to reset first before the changes come to place.

Thanks again, bigmattb28. :thup:

I am really starting to dislike the current iteration of this game.

i watch games on full and honestly the match engine this year is absolutely shocking.

the random cross field balls are maybe my biggest hate, if they had anyone testing this game then surely you would have spotted this straight away?  Anyway now I’m aware of them I can’t help but get annoyed when they happen.

the headers from the edge of the box are also crazy

the variation of goals I am seeing is either : one on one/ rebound, header from edge of box, long shot repeat 

I also feel like there are things that you just cannot stop your team from doing eg:

defenders booting it up the field even with close options open , I have tried much shorter passing, take more/less risks and also changing mentality but they still hoof it up the pitch like idiots, these passes go to no one or become inch perfect world class clearances/assists that take 9 players out the game....

this version is the furthest from real football that I can remember and I am really considering re downloading fm 19 and praying that this game looks different in a few months

Edited by Gunnersmoke

AI is constantly making perfect touchline shouts with their whole team being green always. Not once do AI **** up with their shouts. A bit on a cheat side if you ask me.

Also let's tone down on the cross field balls pretty please. They're a joke.

Edited by luka_zg

17 minutes ago, Gunnersmoke said:

I am really starting to dislike the current iteration of this game.

i watch games on full and honestly the match engine this year is absolutely shocking.

the random cross field balls are maybe my biggest hate, if they had anyone testing this game then surely you would have spotted this straight away?  Anyway now I’m aware of them I can’t help but get annoyed when they happen.

the headers from the edge of the box are also crazy

the variation of goals I am seeing is either : one on one/ rebound, header from edge of box, long shot repeat 

I also feel like there are things that you just cannot stop your team from doing eg:

defenders booting it up the field even with close options open , I have tried much shorter passing, take more/less risks and also changing mentality but they still hoof it up the pitch like idiots, these passes go to no one or become inch perfect world class clearances/assists that take 9 players out the game....

this version is the furthest from real football that I can remember and I am really considering re downloading fm 19 and praying that this game looks different in a few months

I've never seen a single header from the edge of the box?

What level are you playing at?

As a fan of Scottish football, seeing CBs thump balls long even when theres options shorter, it's not as unrealistic as everyone on here is suggesting. The EPL style of play isnt the base model.

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I've never seen a single header from the edge of the box?

What level are you playing at?

As a fan of Scottish football, seeing CBs thump balls long even when theres options shorter, it's not as unrealistic as everyone on here is suggesting. The EPL style of play isnt the base model.

I have tried premier league, league 2 and Italy so far I don’t know what you mean about the epl being the base model? I wasn’t thinking that and I actually prefer Italian football right now, when you tell your team to do something every possible way you xan and they don’t do it that’s annoying ....

What do you think of the amount VAR disallowed goals per game? I have roughly around 3 per game. This is by far the most annoying feature in the game and sucking the enjoyment out of the game.

What do you think about the amout hitting the woodwork?

What do you think about the missed sitters when strikers are alone with the goalies?

The rest i can live with, even with the ultra tough club vision and grading from Wolves that really should have the data departement have a second look

vor 14 Stunden schrieb sporadicsmiles:

They did this last year, when there was a big issue with striker movement. The patch was released as a beta so people could help solve the issue. There really is not all that much wrong with this ME though. The most irritating thing is long balls and defender reactions to them (in what I have seen anyway). And it is better to have this 2 weeks so they can get patch out for the release, than have to wait after release for fixes. I imagine that SI know exactly what issues they have in the game, but it helps if they can collect examples from users, rather than having to generate themselves. Plus they get access to rarer bugs that are hard to replicate this way. I find it nonsensical to suggest they are unaware of any of the things going on the ME.

Absolute nonsense. There are issues in the ME, but unplayable? I guess you just lost a game. 

If they are so aware of all the issues, why the need for pkms for the most obvious problems which are apparent in almost any game?