Grey Players + Youth World Cup

Hi all,

I hope SI look at an alternative for "Grey" unsignable players for FM 2009. As a manager who loves buying youth I always make sure I watch a lot of games in the international youth tournaments. However one example is I watched a match between Portugal and Italy ( under 18s i think ) which portugal won 4-1. There was a player ( cant remember his name ) who got 3 assists and scored for portugal. I was drooling with anticipation when I viewed his stats and thought I had found The new Zidane/Totti/Ronaldo et al.

And then I realised I couldnt sign him due to his "Greyness".

I feel that the majority of Fm players have a massive interest in puchasing youth so I feel this is where SI should head for the next Fm`s.

Now I`m aware that if all under 18 internationals are not grey players, the chances are that they wont be as good ( due to the super inflated attributes of grey players ). However even if whilst scouting these tournaments you could pick up a couple of bargains - even if they only reach decent EPL standard, that this would significantly improve the enjoyment of said matters.

I also think that youth camps should be included in furure versions as you can attempt to create a worldwide youth network ( ala wenger ) which could see best prospects join your youth team at beginning of each season, as opposed to the random guys who might be half decent or not. I think you could have a lot of players 13yrs + that would again make for a more intriguing game.

Anyway to summarise Youth football is becoming almost as important as Professional football, and due to inflated transfer fees the majority of clubs ( EVEN CHELSEA icon_wink.gif )are looking to sign younger and younger players through academy systems etc. There are almost as many under 18 players who are as well known as senior players. A theory unheard of 10 years ago.

Anyway Essay over. Comments Welcome.

Hi all,

I hope SI look at an alternative for "Grey" unsignable players for FM 2009. As a manager who loves buying youth I always make sure I watch a lot of games in the international youth tournaments. However one example is I watched a match between Portugal and Italy ( under 18s i think ) which portugal won 4-1. There was a player ( cant remember his name ) who got 3 assists and scored for portugal. I was drooling with anticipation when I viewed his stats and thought I had found The new Zidane/Totti/Ronaldo et al.

And then I realised I couldnt sign him due to his "Greyness".

I feel that the majority of Fm players have a massive interest in puchasing youth so I feel this is where SI should head for the next Fm`s.

Now I`m aware that if all under 18 internationals are not grey players, the chances are that they wont be as good ( due to the super inflated attributes of grey players ). However even if whilst scouting these tournaments you could pick up a couple of bargains - even if they only reach decent EPL standard, that this would significantly improve the enjoyment of said matters.

I also think that youth camps should be included in furure versions as you can attempt to create a worldwide youth network ( ala wenger ) which could see best prospects join your youth team at beginning of each season, as opposed to the random guys who might be half decent or not. I think you could have a lot of players 13yrs + that would again make for a more intriguing game.

Anyway to summarise Youth football is becoming almost as important as Professional football, and due to inflated transfer fees the majority of clubs ( EVEN CHELSEA icon_wink.gif )are looking to sign younger and younger players through academy systems etc. There are almost as many under 18 players who are as well known as senior players. A theory unheard of 10 years ago.

Anyway Essay over. Comments Welcome.

had a report back on one of my spanish youth players that was involved in i think the u-20 world cup, and noticed that saudi arabia beat spain 8-1 icon_redface.gif so i think to myself, okay, there's got to be some gem players there to put up that type of result.

nope, saudi arabia was all grey, and spain were all signable players. in short i agree, make them signable!

Gray players are a major problem , they said that they toned down their CAs in latest patch but they didn't . If Valladolid has a GK with 17 in handling, reflexes and 1 to 1s i want one too , otherwise it is AI cheating.

Also those Grays from inactive leagues make the market stall . You want to play in Europe mr Spartak? go buy players (i have plenty of transfer listed ones none is interesting in buying) ,i shouldn't be the only idiot in the game who needs real signings.

For me all grays must have a CA of 1 and all their attributes at 1 .

Archived