dafuge's FM20 challenge

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Enfield Town - Vanarama National League South - 2020/2021

League Table – Gutted to finish 2nd with 90 points. Only got myself to blame. 

Playoff Semi - Tight game. We took the lead after 11 minutes. 

Playoff Final - We dominated! They got a red after 39 minutes and I was sure I would lose. 90+4 winner! I would have been furious if I had lost...

FA Cup – Lost to Eastleigh who went into the playoff final in the league above.

FA Trophy – 1st round loss after they got a 90+5 min penalty.

Squad – Will look at who has the ability to go up a league. Hopefully I can keep a few. Thinking Bolkiah, Duncan and Ellesley on top of Faal and Dinzeyi.

Transfers - £2 profit to get rid of their wages. 

Finances – Saved by home advantage in the playoff. Made 24k profit in May (only at the 15th). Got two licenses during the season.

Key Player Profiles:

Muhammadu Faal - The best player this season. 22 goals and 11 assists from the Inside Forward. I don't know why his rating is only 6.95. Will be going up with us.

Jonathan Dinzeyi – Highest average rating as a stopper. Renewed his contract when we secured playoff. He had no interest in renewing before.

Byron Lawrence – Secured promotion within the last minute! 7.08 rating as DLP. Will probably try to renew his contract to keep the core of the team for next season.

Career Overview:

Season          Team              League                                     Position     Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/2021       Enfield Town      Vanarama National League South             2nd          Won Playoff (Promoted!)

Next Season:

Survive! 

Congratulations on promotion @KVJ92! Would've been very harsh to miss out on promotion after that points tally, so really well done keeping things together in the playoffs. Missed chances is something that doesn't really seem to end as your players improve unfortunately, had a game recently where we outshot the opponents 31-4 and lost 2-0!

7 minutes ago, SnakeXe said:

Congratulations on promotion @KVJ92! Would've been very harsh to miss out on promotion after that points tally, so really well done keeping things together in the playoffs. Missed chances is something that doesn't really seem to end as your players improve unfortunately, had a game recently where we outshot the opponents 31-4 and lost 2-0!

Thank you! 

And yeah it's crazy sometimes. You're just waiting for them to get their first chance and you just know they'll score... 

I've had a little time to settle down with the public beta and I'm enjoying it a lot more than the official patch.

I debated doing other saves or choosing a different team but I feel like I've got unfinished business down South West. So I'm back with another shot with Truro and hopefully this time I will have a bit more joy with the ME...

On 23/01/2020 at 20:13, G_D_K said:

And.....right on schedule...Oct 2 of season 6....the board cuts my wage budget from £7.65k/wk to £5.36k/wk..... (actually, a steeper percentage cut than he's made in the past....means by January I'll be down to...£3.9k/wk???

And....right on schedule (again) -- Jan 1, wages reduced again... from 5.36K/wk to 4.47k/wk   --- now, most of the VNN/S teams have a wage budget higher than mine....and we're sitting 6th in the VNL!

If we don't replace our board after this season.....I am very likely done :(

2 hours ago, lfc7 said:

@KVJ92 congrats on promotion I don’t think your posts are spamming, I couldn’t wait to see the next one to see what happened :D

Hopefully it won't be necessary again as it was too close! If it happens this seasons it will be about relegation I think :D

@Tivvy18 Good luck!

@G_D_K For no reason? He is just cutting the budget during the season? :(

As a fan of any club when approaching the January Transfer window, you more than likely expect to at least make a few signings, either to help you in a relegation battle or to help propel you up the table. Here at Bognor Regis the fans decided a transfer embargo was a fine way to go about January

CW56aEl.jpg

10 hours ago, KVJ92 said:

Hopefully it won't be necessary again as it was too close! If it happens this seasons it will be about relegation I think :D

@Tivvy18 Good luck!

@G_D_K For no reason? He is just cutting the budget during the season? :(

Eh...the reason is we're nearly/over £1M cash debt.  Unlike other boards.....he's not up for being replaced...nor for injecting cash into the club.  his answer to making up the 1M cash debt is reduce wages by a thousand or two.  would only take...50 years...to make up that 1M debt that way :)

The sad thing is this season --- he cut the wages Jan 1, knowing we had an away FAC3R match 2 days later ---which netted us nearly £200k in gate receipts (putting us into profit for the season, if only temporarily).  Had he waited 2 days, he wouldn't have needed the wage cut.

I’ve really been enjoying this save, but I don’t think I will win the play offs my form has been awful lately plus injuries etc. Last 10 games I’ve won 3 lost 2 and drawn 5. I was within 4 pts of the top but then fell apart. The amount of 1v1 chances wasted is ridiculous. I have just finally guaranteed my playoff place with 4 games to spare. I supposed I shouldn’t be too gutted as I was tipped for relegation and have been in top 6 all season.

My star striker has fell of a cliff and hasn’t scored in over 9 hrs of football :(

Here is the table anyway

177CB020-C70F-4BE0-8959-5D98841FC68D.jpeg

Edited by lfc7

Scarborough-athletic-fc.thumb.png.4631e39ce5a96a949673a5eb979c0a69.png

Scarborough Athletic Season 23/24

This was my first season in the National League and I had no Idea what to expect

Transfers:

Firstly I reloaned Goalkeeper Newman, Winger Gyhmia-Bio  and Striker Jessop from thier Clubs. LB Kenedy-Williams joined us full time on a free after he played last season on a loan for us. Gyhmia-Bio and Newman stayed important players for us through the whloe season the other two returner turnered more into backups who hardley played any football. The reason for that were Tom Smith, a Striker who joined us from Man United after he was set for release, and Kevin Beck, an Austrian Youth player from Liverpool who playes at leftback. Smith had a real strong start into the season but really was out of form in the end of the Season, but still his first half was good enough to save him the top goal scorer of the League.
Other notable Additions were Jermain Gayle, a jamaican Winger, his big disadvantage he plays for the jamaican u20 and made even his first real cap during the season. On loan we got  Right back Hawkes and with Major another Winger. I also signed another Striker Elkabets, who I honestly only signed because after I signed Smith on one day ended the game afterwards. The next time I played I forgot about Smith who was sitting in my under 23 after I signed him. Eklabets was a bit unlucky, first he was the odd man out since Smith was on fire and so I went with Smith and then when he finally got some playing time he got Injured 5-6 months 4 games before the Season ended.

And Last but definitly not least we have the Fans Player of the Season/Signing of the Season/Young Player CM Evan Romeo another one of this from Premier League Clubs released player.  This was honestly the first time I signed player that got released from Prem League teams(probably should have done it earlier;)). With League 1 and League 2 teams who have them on thier wanted list. I fast gave him and Beck a 2 year Contract extension, since they both are my best players right now and I don't want to lose them for nothing.

Transfers

League

When I started into the season we haven't lost a game in 2023 and to my suprise our streak shouldn't end until 5 games into the season. But after that one lose it looked like we still cruising through this division with only 1 lose in the first 12 game. Only thing slowing us down was the high amount of draws.  We slowed a lot down in October and November. After that the Season was one up and down but in the end we werre good enough to sneak in a home playoff game against Chorley. And then the Playoff game happend. 3 min in Chorley gets a goal on us, it looked like we would once again chocke at the big stage. But after that goal we actually dominated them we tied it up before half time and pressed on the lead 26 to 6 shots but we couldn't score. Extra Time came and passed without any highlight. And then it happens Penalty shootout I choose my takers and pressed start... and the game didn't do anything the screen stayed on the last sceen of extra time. So after trying different things I restarted the game. I lost without a discussion 2:0. We had no chance. (Honestly I'm happy with that outcome cause knowing my teams performance in penalties we probably would have lost it anyway, so I prefer this over a  win for us in the replay).

Fixtures

Cup Competitions

I think I can sumarise both Cup Competition under one Point we beat 7th tier club and then lost in the next round to a national league north club. First in the first round of the FA-Cup we lost to Tellford, who at that point where in a playoff spot, a game where we just couldn't score, so unlucky but happens. Then the FA-Trophy against FC United, a lower/mid table team, this game was just unacceptable we didn't lose unlucky like Tellford United was clearly the better team and sent us with a big 5-2 lose home.

Cup fixtures

Review/Preview

Personal: Right now I'm on my last Coaches course for the Continental Pro Licence. My biggest Personal Success was getting a Job interview offered by a Ligue 2 club in France and right now I'm wanted by Bradford City in League Two. Next year I will need a new Contract so I may get some more Job offers and maybe I can use one of this offers to get me a new Contract from Scarborough.

Coach

Club: Financially we look better then ever with 500k in the Bank I feel comfortable to do some investments in the summer and hopefully push us further forward(Going Pro maybe?) Only thing that looks worse on the financial side is now that we have a 90k loan that was need for the mandatory stadium upgrade.(Don't know why they even took the loan we had nearly 200k in the bank back then). The Board expectation went clearly up thanks to my early success. Last years 5 year plan set the goal for this season as top half but now we are at get into the Playoffs. But that doesn't matter that much anyway because my goal for this team is a promotion push and also I would like to have some real cup runs. FA-Trophy doesn't get much money but I would really like that trophy before we go up into league 2.

Club

I'm not sure how to go forward from this Point. I feel like over short or long we need to go Pro. And on the Sport side we need to get a little rebuild/retool going. This team right now can perform pretty well when they want but then lose against bottom of the table teams or teams in lower leagues. Maybe my tactic just don't work against smaller teams. I know for sure I need a new Goalkeeper his stats are fine but his anxiety from big games maybe a reason I chocked so many times when it matters.

I had to wait till end of June to be able to get most of my targets as when contracts expired it freed up the wage budget, but now cause I barely have a squad no one will sign and loans won’t join because my squad isn’t quality enough. I am waiting to see what players my scouts bring back.

I have friendlies to play and about 3 weeks till season starts:(

Can you attend the trial day or is it considered not the proper way to play LLM

Edited by lfc7

@lfc7 I don't see why you wouldn't be able to go to a trial day you were invited to, and from my recollection trail days tend to scale as you go through the leagues so any players at the one you're invited to would be roughly at the level you're at. Only reason I haven't attended any is because none of the players so far really fit within the transfer limitations I set myself. 

cpicjF3.jpg

Bognor Regis Town 2025/26

Season Overview

League 2 – 7th Place – Playoff final loss

I wasn’t expecting to do so well in the league, but I’m not even sure that we did do well. Last season I said I’d be content even if we got relegated but kept professional status however, the first 5 games had me fearing the sack before too long, an opening day draw followed by 4 straight defeats. We bounced back with 3 straight wins which I think sets the tone for the season as a whole; patchy. Until December we had very much indifferent no real consistency between the results though I guess the main point being there were very few games with a convincing win for either side suggesting we were very much just a mid-table team in the league. December showed a change in fortunes, building up some form elevating us in the table, a convincing 5-1 return against bottom side Hereford acting as a catalyst 10 games without a loss ending with a 3-2 loss to the team which ran away with the league Grimsby. A very strong February left us within a slim shout of an unexpected automatic promotion and a strong shout of a 3rd consecutive playoff campaign. Once February had passed we were not very good, somehow we managed to keep the last spot in the playoffs in spite winning only 2 games of our last 10, losing the final game of the season which would have guarantee playoffs 4-2 to Oldham, a particularly poor performance. Luckily, it seemed none of the teams below us wanted to take part in the playoffs each of them also losing their last game. For the playoffs I was completely expecting an unsuccessful campaign, so I decided to use the games as a time to try and develop a new tactic for the following season, dropping to a one striker system. The tactical change must have shocked York a convincing 2-0 win in the first leg. The second leg however, showed that the tactic would need much work, despite another 2-0 victory this one was a VERY lucky win to take us back to Wembley. The final put us up against the Oldham team that outclassed us 2 games prior, and no different in the final a very one sided 2-1 victory in this one for Oldham.

FA Cup – 1st Round

A very lacklustre FA Cup Campaign a 1-1 draw with Blackpool away followed by a 3-1 loss at home saw us bow out in the first round.

Carabao Cup – 1st Round

No surprises in losing here our poor start to the season wasn’t helped by drawing higher league opposition a 3-2 loss, a flattering score line for us due to 2 quick fire long range strikes.

Leasing.com Trophy – South 3rd Round

Our first outing in this competition saw us fall to a disappointing 4-0 defeat to Southampton U23 in the second knockout round.

Awards --- Stats --- Fixtures (1) --- Fixtures (2) --- Season Review --- Hot Prospect --- Key Player --- Overall Best XI --- Squad --- Records

TransfersWe finally managed to get a replacement in Goal, Abdullahi Udoh, though did initially sign them on as a Cup Goalkeeper due to sentimentality. Also made a club record signing in Barry Blair who is a large reason I’m changing formation for next season, he improved significantly in the season in spite of not playing his favoured position. All other non-loan signings were back up and future prospects, I wanted to give the players that got us up the chance to keep their shirts. I spent a lot of my scout budget on scouting the continental signing from SLB who came up in the scouting centre from one of my staff as a potentially good player, he came in as my 3rd choice left back before the other two got injured within a week of each other and he played very well making the spot his own. We also resigned our record sale Frank Saric more for irony sake than anything other. NB Highlighted players on transfer screenshot were the ones in and around the first team squad

Player of the season – Terry Hart: Terry Hart was our player of the season, his goals a large contributor to us achieving playoff finish once again the leagues top goalscorer. There were offers of about 500k in the off season before I got him onto professional terms, seems the signing of the save so far. Second came loan signing Francis Aluvisia, he took previous player of the season Mark Manning’s place in the team and had a solid season 1 goal and 6 assists from midfield. Third was fellow loanee Mark Fox, his 3rd season on loan a respectable 12 goals for the frontman.

Finances They look a lot healthier than perhaps they are following league prize money, we consistently lost money throughout the season and were in the red before prize money bolstered our funds.

Youth Intake – Finally had at least something to go on, Lee Butterworth at least looking as though he could be decent. Another prospect was also poached, this time Watford the poachers.

Next Season

New left winger, and a back-up attacking midfielder and depth at right back the main areas for improvement having already secured services for a new right winger. Keeping all our loanees would be nice too. I’m aiming for playoffs, this season told me that the quality isn’t too far ahead of us and hopefully a new tactic will be able to bring us success.

News

Shockingly, no stadium expansion this season. The fans decided on the week leading up to our playoff semi final to launch another bid for the club having been unsuccessful in January, as of writing this a month later we’re still under embargo so hopefully it can be concluded soon. We’ve also been offered 4 interviews this season, the most prestigious being the Everton job.

uJV7vxm.jpg

Edited by _JHTB_

1 hour ago, _JHTB_ said:

@lfc7 I don't see why you wouldn't be able to go to a trial day you were invited to, and from my recollection trail days tend to scale as you go through the leagues so any players at the one you're invited to would be roughly at the level you're at. Only reason I haven't attended any is because none of the players so far really fit within the transfer limitations I set myself. 

Really gutted may have to start again :( need some tips from you lads on a few things cause I messed up big time releasing basically the whole team at once 

So far I I think I got my starting 11 together 1 week before june 30th. Only GK is still an open position. Every Gk I tested so far is crap or wants a  lot of money. I even thought about doing my first transfer where I pay money but then there GK wanted more money then I could pay. I think I have to wait until a bit later when I can hopefully find a nice GK on the loanlist

220px-Weston-super-Mare_AFC_logo.svg.png

Weston-super-Mare

Season 2020-2021

Season summary

Well, that was unexpected.

Having spent a lot of time bringing players in on trial, I felt we eventually had a fairly decent squad for this level, augmented by the addition of a couple of players on loan from our parent club. Media predictions had us as high as third, but the board were far more realistic in their ambitions, which allowed me to under promise and over deliver. 

The first 8 games of the season saw 4 wins, 3 losses and a draw, which I thought would demonstrate the sort of season we were in for. Turns out I was completely wrong. We won 10 on the bounce, before a 1-1 draw away at Hendon in early October. Weirdly, this turned out to be our second and last draw of the season, which is something I've never experienced before. Torquay were with us all the way through this run and beyond, and it was only a dip in form for them around Christmas which allowed us to build up a bit of a buffer zone and start to stretch away at the top of the league. 3 defeats between 7th Jan and 6th February saw them close the gap somewhat, but we went into the last 6 games 9 points clear of Torquay. Two defeats later, one to our promotion rivals, and the lead was 3 points. It looked like we were bottling it in the run-in. A 3-0 beating of Weymouth coupled with a defeat for Torquay saw the lead become 6 points once more, and that is where it stayed! We won the league with a game to spare, in completely unexpected circumstances really. A 2-0 defeat at Hemel Hempstead stopped us breaking the 100 point barrier, but all in all, I really can't complain with this season's results!

In the cups, we crashed out of the FA Trophy in the third qualifying round to Haywards Heath 2-1, and we were truly awful. Absolutely deserved. The FA Cup was a better story for us this season though. Merstham and Enfield Town were both beaten, before we came up against Yeovil in the fourth qualifying round. We were 2-1 down at half time, and the game changed when they were reduced to ten men. Two quick goals were enough to see us into the first round proper, and a trip to Doncaster. They completely outplayed us, yet we missed two golden opportunities to go in front. Despite their dominance, our defence held firm until the 80th minute. We lost 1-0, but it was a pleasing performance against opposition three leagues higher up the pyramid than us.

Best players

We had some really strong performances across the squad. Five players (Josh Davison, Josh Eppiah, Sam O'Halleron, Stanley Asomugha and George Dowling) all scored in double figures, but none of them got to 20. It's a good thing not to be overly reliant on one player for goals, but having someone capable of hitting that mark for next season is definitely going to be a priority I think. James Matthews had a good season at centre-back, and formed a good partnership with Daniel Ballard. Ultimately, George Dowling was probably our best player, with the irony being he's not actually been signed to a contract for the whole season.

League table

658243048_VanaramaNationalLeagueSouth_Stages.thumb.png.43b3ec610b898adee7df913a07f5a0fd.png

Transfers

757142616_Weston-super-Mare_TransferHistory.thumb.png.3d51d4b1ee0dacd2eeee12f6900b9cce.png

Finances

1034842610_Weston-super-Mare_Summary.thumb.png.9b0d6392dd6f6ea2081806c4c748c6c8.png

Next steps

Well, after anticipating a season of consolidation last time round, this year will all be about fighting bravely against relegation. I'll spend the summer getting as many players in on trial from Premier League and Championship clubs as I can, in the hope of picking up a few decent signings in the process. From there, I'd like to see if we can replicate or even go further in the FA Cup this season, as I'm aware from reading all of your updates of the importance of that for finances moving forwards.

SnakeXe @ Salisbury - Season 13 - 2032/33

Summary
Having missed out on Champions League qualification on the final day of last season the aim was to go one better this time round, as well as have a good go in the cup competitions. With some improvements to squad depth and quality over the summer we were able to fully rotate between league and cup games which was very welcome, unfortunately we crashed out of the League Cup immediately despite dominating against Aston Villa but Europa League groups went by without issue and we put together a great unbeaten run in the league after a couple of defeats in August.

January came and went without any signings as a consortium dithered over buying out the current board (who I have had since the start of the game) which could have caused us issues but fortunately there were no obvious weaknesses in the squad that needed immediate fixes. By February we were still competing for three trophies - the FA Cup was the first to fall by the wayside as we lost 3-2 after extra time to Chelsea, before we finally fell at the semi final of the Europa League to none other than Real Madrid - running them close in a 3-4 aggregate defeat (but we were disadvantaged on away goals so it was really a 2 goal defeat effectively). Whilst these cup runs were nice they impacted our league form negatively - we were fortunate to play bottom half teams before many of the cup matches but not so fortunately my weakened teams pooped the bed sometimes, the worst being a 0-1 home defeat against a terrible Fulham side after my backup centreback decided to go in with 2 feet after just 10 minutes played.

The result was that we ended up at the start of May with 3 games left to play - the good news is that if we won them all we would be champions, the bad news is that one of them was away at Anfield and Jiri Havelka had his season ended with knee ligament damage in April's trip to Old Trafford. My second string pulled out a mighty performance to smash Everton 4-1 at home (this was the game before the second leg against Real Madrid, I had to rotate), which gave the first team something to play for at Anfield. We rode our luck in the early part of the game, VAR ruling out one goal and Pellegrini saving a penalty, but still we fell behind eventually. An equaliser 5 minutes before half time gave us hope before Havelka's backup Schels popped up with a second - game on! We held on for the win which meant a win over relegation threatened Brighton in front of our fans in the final game would win us the title.

I'd like to build up the excitement for this one but we went ahead in the second minute and smashed them 4-0 so it was a very relaxing way to claim our first Premier League title in the end! One trophy down, just the Champions League to go!

Competitions
Premier League - 1st
Europa League - Semi Final
FA Cup - 5th Round
League Cup - 3rd Round

Squad
A combination of some big signings and the development of youngsters mean my squad is now able to compete with the best and on multiple fronts. There's still room to improve in certain areas but I wouldn't be too unhappy to just keep everyone for next season. I was able to give Romeu and Havelka new contracts with release clauses removed, Farina may force his way out if Inter come back in for him. Hopefully the title and Champions League qualification is enough to keep everyone happy.

Transfers
We spent a lot of money this year but most of it actually went to Championship teams oddly enough - Williams had shone as Swansea failed to win promotion whilst Carrick and Gomez were clearly way too good for relegated Newcastle and Southampton respectively. Add to that some bargains for the likes of Pellegrini and Gevi and it was a very good summer's business. On the outgoing side I was glad to get £20m for Selmi as he hadn't really kicked on, whilst getting any money for Guajardo at all after his FA Cup final missing antics was delightful. The only transfer I was forced into really was first choice keeper Lemmens heading to Real Madrid - I was planning to rotate him and Pellegrini though anyway so it just meant I had one good keeper instead of two.

Manager's player of the season - Jiri Havelka
For the first time since Robbie Holmes in League One we have a reliable goalscorer!

+---------+-----+-----------------------+----+----+-----+----+-----+-----+--------------------------------+
| Season  | Pos | League                | CL | EL | FAC | LC | FLT | FAT | Notes                          |
+---------+-----+-----------------------+----+----+-----+----+-----+-----+--------------------------------+
| 2020/21 | 13  | National League South | -  | -  | 2QR | -  | -   | 3QR |                                |
| 2021/22 | 6   | National League South | -  | -  | 4QR | -  | -   | 3QR | Lost in playoff semi final     |
| 2022/23 | 1P  | National League South | -  | -  | R1  | -  | -   | R3  | Promoted as Champions          |
| 2023/24 | 1P  | National League       | -  | -  | R1  | -  | -   | R3  | Promoted as Champions          |
| 2024/25 | 1P  | League Two            | -  | -  | R1  | R2 | GS  | -   | Promoted as Champions          |
| 2025/26 | 11  | League One            | -  | -  | R4  | R1 | GS  | -   |                                |
| 2026/27 | 1P  | League One            | -  | -  | R5  | R1 | R3  | -   | Promoted as Champions          |
| 2027/28 | 14  | Championship          | -  | -  | QF  | R1 | -   | -   |                                |
| 2028/29 | 2P  | Championship          | -  | -  | R4  | R3 | -   | -   | Promoted                       |
| 2029/30 | 13  | Premier League        | -  | -  | R3  | SF | -   | -   |                                |
| 2030/31 | 10  | Premier League        | -  | -  | QF  | R2 | -   | -   |                                |
| 2031/32 | 5   | Premier League        | -  | -  | RU  | R2 | -   | -   | Qualified for Europa League    |
| 2032/33 | 1   | Premier League        | -  | SF | R5  | R3 | -   | -   | Qualified for Champions League |

Edited by SnakeXe

2BC4B6FF-A59E-4DB3-91E7-B6F1D19027B8.png.ae0258f2adbf815943b8ce647e4fca66.png

Season 1&2 (2020/2022)

League

I was expected to finish 21st and managed 5th place and playoffs. We got within 4pts of the leaders, but then always dropped points. As for the playoffs went out to Hereford 3-2. My mistake was being too negative considering I was the home team.

62D8E8F5-1E11-4006-BEF8-6514D9D6C638.thumb.jpeg.4bbfeee3c442654bf5022931490b8353.jpegB8A6AB8E-DAC1-4AD0-B241-08C89F410D7F.thumb.jpeg.62958b57bcccf3305042ebcee749d13b.jpeg

Cups

First season got to FA cup first round and went out in qualifying rounds in FA trophy. Season 2 went out early in both.

Best Player
2765A4B3-994F-4C99-8B6E-067D716B3A6D.thumb.jpeg.4641e3fad3165f23797dc94b49dd6991.jpeg

For season 2 I released nearly everyone but struggled to sign players originally (lesson learned) I got to around dec January and even though I was 5pts off target (Playoffs) club called me in for a meeting. I didn’t think I was doing too bad they disagreed and decided was best I leave and sacked me which I thought was very harsh. Where did they finish..... 10th the same position they was when they sacked me :rolleyes:

BF979EFE-F1D0-4D95-9239-3ABD8D68F042.thumb.jpeg.3fbacf2e40e815695340a1ad65528d66.jpeg

so I holidayed to the next lot of promoted teams came up (June 2022) and will take one of them over and start again. 

I must say it’s the most I’ve enjoyed a save in a awful long time.

A few questions if I may

*Does anyone know the rep of Canvey Island ?
*With a team having no scouts, whilst you wait for your advert to come back how do you go about finding players without using player search etc 

I would of done a better more in depth review but with me getting sacked and starting a new club thought I was just put up the basics 

Edited by lfc7

That's a very harsh sacking @lfc7 unlucky! Good luck with the next club, glad you're enjoying the save regardless.

1 hour ago, lfc7 said:

*With a team having no scouts, whilst you wait for your advert to come back how do you go about finding players without using player search etc

I think the answer is you don't! That's part of the reason I struggled in the first season - took so long to get responses to my staff adverts that there was no time to put a squad together really.

5103839.png.f2e019a0d01d307c37693c0f2ce58629.png

Nantwich - Vanarama National League North - 2020/21

1244070519_NantwichTown_Competitions.thumb.png.862ba85f65f7f439d05c14b0aeadbd53.png

The key word this season was inconsistency. I started with a 3-5-2 formation that produced as many wins as losses, which meant every good win was followed by a disappointing loss. At mid point I decided to switch to a more straightforward 4-4-2 where I saw improvements, for sure a more incisive style and we refrained from losing so often. Regarding the league due to these hit or miss performances we never were in playoff spots but also we were never threatened by the relegation places, so it was a quiet season.

In the cups an early exit in the FA Cup which is always something that annoys me as that is potentially our greatest chance of a fat paycheck; in the FA Trophy we shocked Dover and Aldershot but eventually fell in the semis to Altrincham, the weaker of these three teams.

The squad will see major changes in the summer, there are players I don't need, players I need but don't want to renew, and players I'd like to keep but they want high wages so I'll probably do an overhaul of the squad and hope to get almost half a new starting XI.

Season    Division                          Position    Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21   Vanarama National League North    13th

1 hour ago, SnakeXe said:

That's a very harsh sacking @lfc7 unlucky! Good luck with the next club, glad you're enjoying the save regardless.

I think the answer is you don't! That's part of the reason I struggled in the first season - took so long to get responses to my staff adverts that there was no time to put a squad together really.

Thanks @SnakeXe guess it will be first season struggle then haha. I got Canvey Island in one of the reloads and just wondering what the rep is as with this all being new to me, I don’t think it would be a good idea to go someone with a very low rep. 

Hopefully patch is released for stadia soon

Season 1 complete at Whitby Town. We were in the playoff spots with 15 games left but finished the year with some terrible form and ended up 10th. Not awful for season 1, though. We have something to build on at least.

League table

Squad stats

Transfers

I'm letting go my top 3 (and 5th) highest earners so I've got room to bring in some help next year. 

10 hours ago, lfc7 said:

Thanks @SnakeXe guess it will be first season struggle then haha. I got Canvey Island in one of the reloads and just wondering what the rep is as with this all being new to me, I don’t think it would be a good idea to go someone with a very low rep. 

Hopefully patch is released for stadia soon

I would guess they're pretty darn low as they're two divisions below VNN at the game start, it's not always that simple though, they must have a reasonable rep to have actually come up in the first place. Don't think they'll be much harder than some of the medium to low teams.

Match engine patch is a massive improvement.

@kingjericho @CMU Chips great starts both, keep it up!

@lfc7 from my experience it's almost better to have a struggle season as your first on this sort of save, especially if you're only relying on scouts reports and then still those who have applied (I play more leniently with trails aplenty which lowers the struggle). I reckon you were sacked as a victim of your first season overachievement, whereas if you finished 17th for example you could have rebuilt your squad with no real worries of sacking. These boards with unrealistic expectations.

@SnakeXe nice job on the Prem win, could conceivably be done in the next season, good luck!

@CMU Chips @kingjericho echoing sentiments, good solid first seasons, even if marred with inconsistency.

fffaee83550954e81781c99c8bf35616.pngfffaee83550954e81781c99c8bf35616.png

So for once I was given the chance to take over at the club that play literally down the road from where I grew up on my very first attempt this year without having to constantly keep reloading to get them in.

I am again going to try and do what I attempted last year (and failed miserably) and make this an Academy Challenge to.

It is certainly going to be a tough road to surviving this first year with 7 of this below squad list being 'greys' (I am still undecided if I am going to allow myself to sign the 'greys' within the Academy Challenge restrictions)

e62e65e2f72a59c3cd6940e6fb9006b6.png

Edited by reerdo

@CMU Chips Good luck for next season

@SnakeXe I might give them a try they have a squad of about 10 regens (aged from 18-28)  and no staff at all.
As it’s my first year doing this I shall use it to get used to lower league. Think this will be my go to save from now on for every fm. Just waiting till patch before I start again. 

@_JHTB_ That’s what I thought, they were expecting too much haha. I do trials myself, I think you need to ha. 

@reerdo Good luck 

Year 3: 2022-23 Summary

8cNiwIb.png

Season Notes
Consecutive championships, woot! Although our Cup success was off from the previous year, we can only be thrilled with gaining promotion to League 2 and to be going professional. 

We picked up a number of awards in the post-season. I received the National League Manager of the Year award, which added a bit of gold to my reputation stars. Yassine En-Nayeh picked up National League Player of the Year. Jack Bearne also go National League Goal of the Season (for a goal that really didn’t strike me as being all that exceptional).

But there is hardly a day of rest of us, as the day after our clinching match against Macclesfield Town, the board approached me about going professional, which will officially take place on June 12. We’ll have a lot of work to do in the off season. We’ll need to switch everyone over to full-time contracts, find new and improved players for League 2, expand our stadium seating, and hopefully pry some money out of Chairman Jimmy’s hands for an increased wage budget. Initial projections for a wage budget would put us second to last in wages in the National League, which would be a huge challenge in trying to stay up.

It promises to be a busy summer!

Screen Shots
Table
Manager Profile
Transfers

Year-By-Year
2Fb1LAC.png

Season 3 Wrap Up Video

Damit the Patch destroyed my tactic only one win in the first four games, I hope I find a working tactic before it is to late. My contract is running out and they expect a playoff spot from me right now I'm in a relegation spot. (I also hope it's only my tactic and not the team I built).

cpicjF3.jpg

Bognor Regis Town 2026/27

Season Overview

League 2 – 1st place - Champions

The change in formation I started working on in last seasons playoffs paid off in style though somewhat unfamiliar for us, actually strong defensively. The season started well, 3 straight wins conceding just the 1 goal before drawing the 4th, we maintained this form not losing a league game until the start of October, the loss acting only as a slight blip in great form, before the turn of the year we did lose 2 more, but 3 losses in the first half of the season is nothing other than promotion form. We then went on a run of 11 consecutive victories, 1 win shy of the league record, but beating our record for consecutive league wins. The run was only halted by a 1-1 draw so we maintained a unbeaten run. Our promotion was confirmed when we weren’t playing due to international call ups, a win in the next game put us in the position where a win away at bottom side Accrington would allow us to win the league with 5 games spare. We drew 2-2, me deciding that they just wanted to win the league in front of our own fans the next game requiring a win again, nope a 1-1 draw. We finally secured the title in a very dull 0-0 against Exeter, but I was disappointed we did not manage to secure it in either of the previous two games. We did finally give the fans a performance to celebrate being champions in style a 5-1 thrashing of promotion chasing Cambridge before ending the season on the beach with defeats 4 and 5 of the season. The last month disappointing in an otherwise ridiculously good season, 25% of goals conceded and 40% of losses of the season in the last 5 games leaving the league win looking less convincing than it was.

FA Cup – 1st Round

Our ever-decreasing finances means we probably needed a cup run, but alas another first round exit, this time to league one Bolton Wanderers 1-0

Carabao Cup – 1st Round

Our second league cup outing our second 1st round loss whilst conceding 3 goals, none for us this time though 3-0 to Oxford United

Leasing.com Trophy – South 3rd Round

We survived the groups for the second season running before bowing out of yet another cup competition to Oxford United, this time a much closer game 2-1 the final score line.

Awards --- Stats --- Fixtures (1) --- Fixtures (2) --- Season Review --- Hot Prospect --- Key Player --- Overall Best XI --- Squad --- Records

Transfers Following the Fans Trust takeover, our wage budget raised significantly, though I did not sign a lot of new players for the first team making our success even more impressive, in fact only two of the new signings were starters in our XI, Cesar Gonzalez and David O'Brien with the rest either back up or loaned straight out for game time. Gonzales the pick of the bunch. Frank Saric became our record sale (again), he was actually playing in the first team due to injuries but 120k was not really an offer I could turn down for a player who did not have significant potential

Player of the season Terry Hart: May have to rename this award the Terry Hart award. I was unsure how Hart would do playing as a lone striker for the first time with us, he did not disappoint with 25 goals, once again taking the league top scorer spot. His goals won us 23 points over the season, I don’t see why he won’t be able to step up to league one. Signing of the season Cesar Gonzalez claimed second spot, the Mezzala scoring 6 and assisting 11 in a solid first season at the club. Third was last seasons second place winner, Francis Aluvisia, showing our midfield being large contributors to an excellent season.

Finances Not looking fantastic, hopefully we’ll be able to go on a better FA Cup run next season gaining us sufficient income.

Youth Intake – Last season’s best prospect Lee Butterworth is no longer the best prospect from that intake Damian showing better promise. This season the best player coming through was Ryan Davis hopefully before long we can get a properly homegrown player into the team. Our under 18s also managed to win their division on the last day.

Next Season

Avoiding relegation has got to be the primary focus, anything else is a bonus. Transfer wise as with last season I’m still looking for a left winger, everywhere else I’m content as we are, though greater depth at centre back, centre midfield and right back I wouldn’t say no to. I’ll likely again bring in a lot of players with potential whilst they’re still 18 and hope they can develop into first team players. I’m probably going to try trim the squad of previous future prospects that don’t look like they’re going to make the grade, both to garner some income and to cut the wage bill.

News

As mentioned earlier, the Fans Trust completed their take over, being less receptive to my board requests, whilst significantly increasing our wage budget, I did manage to get them to increase Junior Coaching when promotion was confirmed but our facilities aren’t looking too good.

LmpQcLT.jpg

Edited by _JHTB_

2 hours ago, lfc7 said:

@_JHTB_ Congrats on the league win:applause:Terry Hart :lock:

Thanks. He's done very well for us and still only 22, if he continues his current rate he could put up sensational numbers for us. Coaches 'only' rate him to top out as a Championship Striker though a player signed in the National League to maintain goals up to the Championship would be fine by me, especially as a free transfer.

I thought I finally got my "big" draw in the 1st round of the FA Cup with an away game at a League one Club, then I checked Wimbledons Fixtures and they play thier home games in front of 3-4 thousand people:( Sure it's double of what I have on a normal home game but for sure not the big draw in the FA Cup that you want(But I also only get half of the money so no gain for me).

Edited by Winti26

Enfield Town - Vanarama National League - 2021/2022

League Table – Great season! We ended in playoff after 11 unbeaten matches in the end. 

Playoff first round - We were the best team. Annoying we had to go to penalties.. 

Playoff Semi final - 2 quick goals and we didn't create enough to get back in the game.

FA Cup – We got to the famous 3rd round! Got Hull from League One. Gave us 50k 

FA Trophy – 3rd round loss. Wasn't really bothered.

Squad – Most of the team is locked in for at least a year. Hoping to bring in the loanees again. 

Transfers - £1 profit!

Finances – The FA cup did us well. Will soon be back in the red

Key Player Profiles:

Muhammadu Faal - Topscorer and our best player again. 19 goals and 8 assists

Frederik Hammar – Loaned him in january. Highest average rating. Hoping I can persuade him to stay

Dylan Duncan – Stepped up in the second part of the season and ended with 7.17 rating. 

Career Overview:

Season          Team              League                                     Position     Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/2021       Enfield Town      Vanarama National League South             2nd          Won Playoff (Promoted!)
2021/2022       Enfield Town      Vanarama National League                   5th          n/a

Next Season:

At least into playoff again.

Edited by KVJ92

I may have rage sold my 61k summer transfer keeper for 32k after we lost 4:0 and  he once again allowed multipe goals more then what I set for my self as the expected goal stat(clearcut chances + 0.5*halfchances) 
Yes I'm in panic mode and I reloaned last years keeper who I let go because he has a big fear of big games, but now it's season(and my job) saving time not getting promoted time. 

Honestly Part of me wants to resign just to give them a chance to recover and start moving on now, but a bigger part of me wants just once to actually keep it going until I get fired. I always quit before I actually get fired, but not this time. (But what I will make is do  saving this point of the season and when/if I get fired I go back to this point retire  and sim ahead in the season and see what they would do without me)

Chesham United 2024-25 update

Somehow, miraculously punching above our weight in the championship... hanging around in the play-off places still and it's mid feb. Definitely not going down, mid-table at worst so job done!

1588855069_CheshamUnited_Competitions-6.thumb.png.47cbc37b0e52d052feb0cffbfa6d144c.png

This was my favourite thing at the end of January after the transfer window closed:

616227445_RitchieHawtin_Inbox-6.thumb.png.780af728e983dfd29785bbb32529c9ea.png

Mind-blowing pay disparity! And i'm not even using all of my wage budget at the moment!

I think next year and all of the renegotiated contracts are going to be a nightmare!

Scarborough Athletic 2024/2025

To make it short I got fired after I played the last Game of this Season. Honestly I'm a bit disappointed by the Board. 2 years ago we got in the League with a 5 year plan that said that the goal is this year to finish tophalf, then I overperformed Season one in the National League and they expected me to repeat this. I can't repeat it and only finish 10th and ended 7 Point outside the Playoffs. Not saying that I'm happy how this season went but I feel like they at least should have given me a couple of games next season to prove that I can correct it, specially since I won 4 games in the last month of playing.

Question now is why did I fail? I'm not happy with the Squad that I built on paper they looked imo better then what I had last season but they just didn't perform. Maybe it was the tactic but the media predicitons also agreed that we got worse(ordid  the other teams just get more better?). One thing I did wrong for sure was the Goalkeeper in the Offseason. I got nervous when I couldn't find a GK early in the offseason and then payed 61k for a GK, who never really performed well for me and got rage sold for 32k later i the season. If I stayed a bit more calm I would have found better GK for free only a couple of weeks later. The rest of the season after my expensive GK was gone I reloaned my old GK that I already used the last 2 years. 
But I think my biggest Problem was the Tactic after the Update my previous working tactic just didn't work anymore and I never really found a tactic that worked most of the times. I ended the Season perfectly balanced I won 22 games and lost 22 games and drew 2. But there was no pattern I won against a top team then lost the next game versus a relegation candidat. So I never was really sure if I should tamper with the tactic or not in handsight I might should have more worked on it.

Now my personal Review. With 5 year this is tied for my longest save I've ever played on FM and I loved this save and I really got connected with the club and my players(also to see in the fact that most in the team best eleven were still on my roster despite no longer being good enough) and now I have to start a save where Tom Smith my two times topgoalscorer doesn't even exist:(. But for now I think I will take a break from lower end of Englands league and I will go somewhere where European Competitions are at least within my reach. But before I start a new save I sim a couple of years into the future and will see how scarborough will do without me. Hopefully they can continue the rise. They have 600k on the side but with thier low reputation they will probably over short or long go back down.

Whitby Town Season 2

Close to the most frustrated I've ever been in FM. We were sitting easy in the playoffs for most of the year before we set our new club record for a winless streak. At the same time, Kidderminster went 23 games unbeaten and York won 10 of their last 14 (including beating us on a 90+2' O.G.) to pass us. Spennymoor also went unbeaten in the final two months while Southport got 13 points in their final 5 games. We ended up 4 points back of 4th and somehow missed the playoffs. Our goal difference was the same or better than 3 of the 4 teams that passed us. Everyone's contract expires this summer. We had a number of good players as you can see below, but I've got my eyes on some players as well. Next season we should get promoted, but in the meantime we are losing tons of money each season.

League summary

Season stats

Transfers

noQYQOP.png

5103839.png.f2e019a0d01d307c37693c0f2ce58629.png

Nantwich - Vanarama National League North - 2021/22

1048125043_NantwichTown_Competitions.thumb.png.c2bfc64cc9693a7bc4fd4dfa4c8670b9.png

1034572023_VanaramaNationalLeagueNorth_Stages.thumb.png.4df245fe04cc7fce3c516db7fa19f429.png

We improved a bit, and if we improved again 6 places next season we'd be champions but unfortunately it's not that simple.

I think the board expected too much from a team who was only promoted one season ago. We fell down in both cups below the board's expectations, to equal/better opponents, so even though I would have liked to go further I didn't feel we fell short of what was a realistic expectation.

In the league we had the best attack but the 7 worst defense (the other six teams being the bottom six) and that cost us many defeats in matches we played better, created more chances, but always leaked a goal from a single shot, corner, or free kick.

In the playoff we were the last seed so we had the toughest job on paper. We beat Halesowen in a very disputed game which could have had 2-3 goals for each side. The semi final was a replay of our bad matches during the season, with us creating more shots, crosses, possession, but eventually conceding two goals and wasting a handful of good chances.

Season    Division                          Position    Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21   Vanarama National League North    13th
2021/22   Vanarama National League North    7th

Chesham United 2024-25 Season Overview:

Quite incredible, it is good to see that the idea that you can build a strong core squad based on mentality and attitude can reap it's rewards, and that sticking to a principle and team continuity seems to count for something. I really feel like i have managed to achieve something in the same way as Bournemouth and Sheffield United have in real-life. By sticking with a 3 at the back, high pressing, counter-attacking team that values pace, physicality and work-rate above all else it seems to have galvanised us into a really good side. I really didn't expect to do better than mid-table in the Championship, end even when we got towards feb/march and we were still in the play-offs i was expecting the form to really slip. And we did slip up a little bit on the run-in but not as much as everyone else. Brentford went on to win the league and they were a good 12 points clear in Feb but in the end we came a very close second, despite losing a few games in the run in we could have pipped them on the final day, we would have needed them to lose and us to win and to make up a 9 goal swing on goal difference... but hey mathematically possible at least :)

I think this is the first season where i felt i absolutely could not have done it without loans though, Graham Barton came in at the beginning of the season and was great throughout and i also loaned a player called Hector Lopez at Christmas as infury cover and he was great too, scoring 11 in 15 games in the late season definitely cemented our promotion.

792414759_CheshamUnited_Competitions-7.thumb.png.51643932cebd9682320f67cfa69bd4cf.png

Board have started to construct a new 12k seater stadium which has cost about £15 million and put us in a lot of debt, but if i can keep us up next year that should be paid off pretty quick. The board have also continued to back my progression and i'm now close to completing my Continental Pro license, so things are looking rosy. Hopefully i can begin to make headway on facilities and youth development if i can keep us in the Prem.

1778786080_RitchieHawtin_Inbox-11.thumb.png.b8d51cf6d3aa3fcef9b830fddb5e3231.png

1324733019_RitchieHawtin_Profile-10.thumb.png.38792c0f53c64356b246886eab97c7bf.png

Cash is a huge step-up for next year too!

1964059376_CheshamUnited_Summary.thumb.png.72f57a6e30975c313ee8f38cdcf44f41.png

Mate, you will make around £4-5m a month in the Premier League after costs.  Your stadium will be paid off within a season or so.  You will also find that 12,500 won't be enough.  After a season, you should expand it.

Well done too.  :thup:

Edited by DazRTaylor