Brexit in fm20

2 minutes ago, grimbo88 said:

I have that one.

It makes picking up foreign bargains and newgens harder, at times I have to spend over £10m to sign a player which can be frustrating when a player is transfer listed for £2m and would improve my team. It means I have to massively overspend if I want the player, meaning I'm paying in instalments a lot more. My £30m transfer budgets don't help either, being a relegation candidate I can't make the bargain signings I used to make. It also makes getting decent loans in from abroad difficult as they fail to get a work permit. It's even worse at Championship level.

Ok, thanks for the answer. Was a bit worried about it being like you describe it...

17 hours ago, Travis Bickle said:

I just got a no Brexit. The UK stays in the EU. How likely is that? Surely quite rare?

It’s the one I got too, but I’m managing in the lower leagues so it hasn’t really affected me yet.

9 hours ago, Travis Bickle said:

Go and check Premier League rules first of all. 

Also check if England is still in the European Union. 

What am I looking for in the rules that will tell me what sort of brexit I got? 

2 hours ago, Travis Bickle said:

First of all go to England's national page and check "agreements". Is European Union there? 

Then check Squad Registration rules in the Premier League. 

Thanks. See my above post with pic of the outcome - I don’t understand it tho? 

10 minutes ago, Travis Bickle said:

You sent me the Work Permit rules, not the Squad Registration rules for the whole league. Screenshot the whole Rules page for us to see and it'll be clear. 

Apologies! Hopefully this helps.

0286888C-9EC8-4F71-9A04-5B86D6956B75.jpeg

1 hour ago, Travis Bickle said:

Brexit is never announced until 2020 on FM20 as far as I know...

Aye, so there's no way to know yet @Boss. You'll have to wait until it's announced in your save, and you'll get a news item pop up in your inbox to tell you what the new rules are once they've been decided.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2019 at 09:17, kevhamster said:

I did the edit myself.

Literally, go into the advanced rules for England, go to agreement changes and untick the box to say England is leaving the EU, and then this also carries through to the remaining UK nations as they have a setting where their work permit rules are derived from the English ones.

I can upload the file if you'd like me to.  May not be until tomorrow night though as I won't be at home until then.

can i edit the date for leaving doing it this way?

Is there a definitive list of all the scenarios anywhere?
i had a new one which was that my squad has to have 8 english players but these are defined to be players who have trained for 3 years in England prior to 21st birthday - so similar to CL.

• 3 months later...
41 minutes ago, Travis Bickle said:

Guys I've just had this Brexit, but it doesn't tell me what the WP rules actually are. Any way of finding out?

1040444213_Screenshot2020-05-23at12_44_23.thumb.png.76b4bec1067331633995eac7d4f4e568.png

There should be another section in the league rules that explains them.

16 minutes ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

There should be another section in the league rules that explains them.

I've just checked. Wales and Scotland have WP rules visible but the English leagues and NI leagues don't. 

Edited by Travis Bickle

• 4 months later...

Hi, can anyone help and tell me when brexit is decided? i have a save and i dont want to start all again, so i want to go back in time in my save. the point is change brexit decision, but i dont know when the decison is made, can anyone help me? brexit started at january 2021

Just now, JordanMillward_1 said:

I believe it's decided when you make the save, I don't think there's a time you can roll back to to change the outcome, or at least I've not found one.

This is not actually try on FM20. 

I believe the Brexit option is decided on game creation but if it fires or not is RNG. 

You can try this by holidaying and save scumming. You'll either get one specific Brexit option or a no Brexit.