Telling a player to warm up

zeus77

so, basically, letting a player warm up first would increase his performance during the game instead of just make an instant sub. Also, when you do it, you could be able to interact with the player (or letting someone from the bench to do it)
Depending on the personality he have, you will manage (or not) to increase his actual morale, and this way, managers would have more "control" on that key moment of the game.

Edited by zeus77

This is a good idea. Why it has not been thought before by the team at SI? Can it still be incorporated for FM20?

Adding the warm up instructions to certain players on the bench during matches would enhance the gameplay experience. Asking substitutes to warm up by the touch line before they play would mean, that the substitutes coming in would be sharper, and would be less likely to be injured when they come on. Also, for the players on the field, seeing certain players warming up and knowing they could come to replace you, would serve to motivate you to work harder for the last few minutes to impress (and perhaps change) the manager to avoid being hauled back to the bench. They could score a great goal in the interim and protest going off for instance! 

If you were thinking of getting certain players to join from the 2nd half, then they could warm up during the half time break as the manager delivers the talk. 

All pro teams warm up before matches. You could include different kinds of drills specific for each match, depending on the match strategy. Or sometimes in away games, the teams might be delayed getting to the stadium, in which case these pre match warm up would have to be cut short! Also, warming down after the matches can be included as an option (again to reduce injury risks). They players are going to love(hate) me....

Not that I play that much FM these days, but I would certainly consider buying the game this year (or next year) when you add some more changes to the gameplay to make it more interesting and realistic simulation of the real thing. 

Great work overall.

• 1 month later...