[FM20][FM21][FM22][FM23] Calcio

zlatanera

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, GunmaN1905 said:

I never take beta saves that seriously, but here it is.

Reveal hidden contents

1H2wgFo.png

RUlj4PM.png

IsXgGiY.png

Some brilliant transfers there. Would you recommend Inter for a save or is it as mentioned in previous posts a little bit to easy? It sounds like 3 seasons has been enough for you. 

I'm stuck between Inter, Napoli and Roma

3 hours ago, Daws88 said:

Some brilliant transfers there. Would you recommend Inter for a save or is it as mentioned in previous posts a little bit to easy? It sounds like 3 seasons has been enough for you. 

I'm stuck between Inter, Napoli and Roma

I play with Inter only because I'm a fan. Imo, it's fairly easy to win with any top club and isn't really challenging.

Roma, Lazio, Fiorentina, Atalanta all have good squads with lots of potential this year and should be way more fun.

9 hours ago, WilsonJuve said:

Have they implemented the new Italian tax law in the latest beta fix? I know it wasn’t in the original beta and haven’t been able to get on it since the update 

I answered this myself and sadly its a NO. Not too optimistic for it being in final release either. To test it I fast forwarded to february 2020 (It comes into effect January 2020) I decided to buy Jay Curran (ENGLISH) on a free transfer offered him £10,000 a week and he signed immedietly. Checked his contract and he is earning £5,500 after tax which is a 45% loss where he should only have been taxed on £5,000 of his salary which should be £2,700 p/w leaving him with £7,300 p/w

On 16/11/2019 at 19:09, WilsonJuve said:

I answered this myself and sadly its a NO. Not too optimistic for it being in final release either. To test it I fast forwarded to february 2020 (It comes into effect January 2020) I decided to buy Jay Curran (ENGLISH) on a free transfer offered him £10,000 a week and he signed immedietly. Checked his contract and he is earning £5,500 after tax which is a 45% loss where he should only have been taxed on £5,000 of his salary which should be £2,700 p/w leaving him with £7,300 p/w

Well full game is released and the TAX change did not make it into this years game. This is dissapointing as it would have gave the italian league an advantage in the transfer market with the biggest names. Also the same transfer issues are still there such as Bernadeschi and Douglas Costa on transfer list at the start of the game.

12 hours ago, Corndog4669 said:

Has anyone started a Roma save? There my favourite Italian side ever since fm 08! They seem to have some great young players to work with!

I am starting one on Thursday night and can't wait. Have you started yet? 

14 hours ago, Corndog4669 said:

Has anyone started a Roma save? There my favourite Italian side ever since fm 08! They seem to have some great young players to work with!

Just started my save with Roma. Loaned out Santon and Pastore. Got vignato and a young cm from brescia (not tonali) 

Going for a 4231, worried about lack of forward depth though. Hope dzeko stays fit. Mike Smalling has been giving a stats increase since the Beta. 

I was annoyed/angry to acheive promotion with Bari, not so much for going up but more for going unbeaten. My defence was v. poor and to be classed as 'invincible' is embarassing.

image.thumb.png.637485432e6f29799ae02550f452fb45.png

Summer has been a challenge, most players out of contact rejected me (I think its 7 rejections over 3 weeks) with only Papadopoulos and Kath joining on frees. Have spent very little but found good loanees very easy to convince to join. Chong was a long shot (only 1.6k per week) but once he joined I've got quite a number to join including Woodburn and Miller from Liverpool and Meier from Bayern. Very happy to have brought in Musa from Atalanta, Dany Mota in pre-season did his cruciate (8-9 months out) so an out and out striker who wanted to join was a massive relief.

image.thumb.png.c77fdb0bfbf75075252d9b5c2c4db945.png

On 19/11/2019 at 07:51, Corndog4669 said:

I am starting to night! Most fun club in Italy for me :)

7 minuti fa, Corndog4669 ha scritto:

I’m so glad I’m not the only I Giallorossi fan on here! Let me know how it is, I won’t be able to start until after my holiday next week! Very excited about Zaniolo

I'll start with Juventus but I am excited too about him even because he's a Juventus fan.I'll probably do my best to get him but since I always keep disabled the first transfer window I am scared they will ask me too much in the next summer :(:D  

Edited by ParanoidBuddha

1 hour ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

I'll start with Juventus but I am excited too about him even because he's a Juventus fan.I'll probably do my best to get him but since I always keep disabled the first transfer window I am scared they will ask me too much in the next summer :(:D  

No no I’m afraid I won’t allow that 😆

Honestly, there's no point in even playing Serie A on this game.
AI is so terrible.

In my 4 season save with Inter, everyone dropped off already.
Was playing my Villa save last night, mid-way through the second season Conte gets sacked because Inter is like 15th.
I check the transfers...they loaned out Lautaro for free! And brought some Wagner RB from Barcelona for 90m€. :lol:

Edited by GunmaN1905

42 minuti fa, GunmaN1905 ha scritto:

AI is so terrible.

Was playing my Villa save last night, mid-way through the second season Conte gets sacked because Inter is like 15th.
I check the transfers...they loaned out Lautaro for free! And brought some Wagner RB from Barcelona for 90m€. :lol:

That's why I was so ''mad'' when I discovered that the decreto crescita hasn't been implemented. Ok, the transfer AI sucks but at least with it in the game the situation for serie A would have been a little bit better than now

Edited by ParanoidBuddha

Just now, ParanoidBuddha said:

That's why I was so ''mad'' when I discovered that the decreto crescita hasn't been implemented. Ok, the transfer AI sucks but at least with it in the game the situation for serie A would be a little bit better than now

It's not even about the money spent or salaries, it's just that the AI transfer policy is simply awful.
And has always been.
Within like 3-4 seasons no team is able to reach even 80 points.

4 minuti fa, Daws88 ha scritto:

Agree. 

Last years version I was Inter for 4 seasons and Juve squad was an embarrassment. 

Annoying it hasn't been resolved

Agree.

What was strange is that, at least in my experience, this not happens in other league. With FM 2019 I made two different saves, one in Serie A and other in Premier League. In the former I see exactly what Buddha and Gunman said, but in Premier League I saw Liverpool, City and United constantly improve their squad and make the title run very challenging.

42 minutes ago, Daws88 said:

Agree. 

Last years version I was Inter for 4 seasons and Juve squad was an embarrassment. 

Annoying it hasn't been resolved

I finished 4 seasons on my Inter save.

Juve's attack consists of 38yo Cristiano and 36yo Cavani.
But they just brought some youth in...34yo Aguero on a free transfer.:onmehead:

Not a single top class, young player signed. They got Sander Berge only to ship him back out a year later. And he spent the entirety of last season playing as AMR.

2 hours ago, GunmaN1905 said:

AI is so terrible.

20191120033611_1.thumb.jpg.5f0f0a39236198ae73a965a325eecab4.jpg

Wish inter dropped off a bit more in my game.. worst unbeaten season ever for me

1 hour ago, Daws88 said:

Look at Juve though 😂

Great season for you, well done

yes, juve didnt manage ronaldos retirement well, tho they did manage to **** my season up

20191121191634_1.thumb.jpg.5cdf49154e657562f8342ff74c304ab7.jpg

If i didnt concede those two goals after the 85th minute, i wouldve ended with same points and goal difference as inter, and both games against inter were 0-0, what wouldve happened, anybody knows?

20191121191517_1.thumb.jpg.7e08a1b5919dc1c28c143cdc6d9646e1.jpg

20191121191508_1.thumb.jpg.d8f85ab2d5ced072a43a709c831f673c.jpg20191121191503_1.thumb.jpg.4c9e3b07c30d03f3e67fb5ca314da1ef.jpg

These were the seasons before that, has been tough to win the league which is great, tho since i started it at the start of the beta i did get some transfers i shouldnt have gotten i think, got lucas paqueta and asensio on a free, sergio gomez for 8.75 of the transfer list, and sold my main striker merola for 60 million after the first season which allowed me to buy esposito who has been incredible.20191121191332_1.thumb.jpg.1a809644d1fe6e650eedcc5af8a6c433.jpg

I think the league will be easier too when you play a team that can buy transfer targets on wages that otherwise mightve gone to another team in the league, i relied mainly on transfer list and free agents and didnt have many targets in common with inter or lazio so they strengthened their team in a way that they might not have been able to had i been after the same targets

6 minutes ago, zlatanera said:

As a Fiorentina fan I'm curious to see what Gaetano Castrovilli looks like in the new game since his emergence as an Azzurri-quality player. Would anyone care to share a screenshot?

20191121193143_1.thumb.jpg.93dc85f6c7855771cc5970966f86df37.jpg

pretty mediocre in my game, but maybe got an upgrade on full release?

@Maxuma That's still a significant step up from what he looks like in FM19, seems pretty reasonable. I'd imagine he'll get a bump in' January' (its always March really, isn't it?) if he keeps his form up, much like Zaniolo did this January. That Uses Outside of Foot trait has me wanting to buy FM20 just to manage Quaresma...

16 hours ago, GunmaN1905 said:

It's not even about the money spent or salaries, it's just that the AI transfer policy is simply awful.
And has always been.
Within like 3-4 seasons no team is able to reach even 80 points.

I agree that unlike the EPL, the top6 teams can easily dominate the Serie A- however choosing a team like Sassuolo/Genoa/Torino etc. can still be a lots of fun.

i dont think its that easy to dominate with them right from the start, and as for that 80 points remark, well i'll let you know what happens in my game, i'm planning on a Torino save. 

12 hours ago, Daws88 said:

Look at Juve though 😂

Great season for you, well done

Man Citeh was 5 & 6th in my 2 separate EPL saves. i would say thats even more silly then Juve being second with 87 points. 

8 hours ago, n1mez said:

Fellow Roma players! What is the best position for Nicolo Zaniolo in this game? And what role?

I have just started and I have 2 formations loaded. 

One with him as b2b and on the other he's an attacking midfielder 

15 hours ago, Ewan0404 said:

I have just started and I have 2 formations loaded. 

One with him as b2b and on the other he's an attacking midfielder 

Yeah. I think he works really well in a b2b role. But as OMC or AMR i cant get him playing well. I use Zaniolo and Pelle as CM, and Cristante as DM.

Btw. I got Belotti for 30£ mil so that is epic. And i sold Dzeko for 10£ mil. Im halfway and number 4. 

There are a couple of interesting posts on here on team Like Messina, Bari and Catania but they have been totally ignored with everyone getting excited over a Roma Inter or even Juve save, Seriously it's like playing fifa on novice level, your not building or overcoming anything 

Without trying to sound  snob the game is so much more richer when you take a **** team lower down which catches your eye and you learn a bit about the clubs history and culture, you have to actually use your wits and take real gambles when buying players

Edited by Bilbaoboy

On 19/11/2019 at 07:51, Corndog4669 said:

I finished my first season, #2 in Serie A. I don't know for you guys but in my save, Juve in untouchable ... 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.9d44e5aa99d8c61d7f5e5a83d08e5296.png

The biggest problem with Roma is that you are veeery limited transferwise. For the start of my second year, I have ... 0€ in transfert budget, and only half of the sales coming back in the transfert budget. It is also explained by the fact that in second season you already have 60M€ spent with past engagements (Mancini,Mkhitaryan and Veretout). 

In my tactic, Zaniolo generally plays Mezzala or B2B.

6 hours ago, Bilbaoboy said:

There are a couple of interesting posts on here on team Like Messina, Bari and Catania but they have been totally ignored with everyone getting excited over a Roma Inter or even Juve save, Seriously it's like playing fifa on novice level, your not building or overcoming anything 

Without trying to sound  snob the game is so much more richer when you take a **** team lower down which catches your eye and you learn a bit about the clubs history and culture, you have to actually use your wits and take real gambles when buying players

It's a game, I think everyone has the right to play it as s/he wants without being looked down at.

On 26/11/2019 at 12:49, Bilbaoboy said:

Yeah i do get what your saying 95% of posts in here are people starting off in Serie A with a lot of them picking top 6 clubs. But I also see both sides to it. I love starting lower leagues and building up or with weaker teams. But you also want a chance to play with the actual stars of the League. If you start in Serie B or below chances are by the time you could get a player of Dybalas quality you will have to rely on regens. On a side note im going to start with Perugia in serie B and will be updating pretty soon.

Decided this year to take a break away from my usual Atalanta save; normally I like to go for a team just outside the top 4 and aim to make that extra step to CL football.  So have opted for..

800px-Brescia_calcio_badge_svg.thumb.png.65b223f2c59231302679fc8415978799.png

Brescia, who are relegation candidates in the beginning. Have gone with Brescia because they have a nice jersey but mostly because good Youth facilities and a small stadium meaning there should be scope for expansion.

Note, I'm playing on Touch so to make things a touch (heh) harder have also decided to limit myself to transferring in italian players only. I've opted for a back 5, so as to take advantage of the three centrebacks at attacking set-pieces. And with the lack of money and wanting to keep Tonali, I'll be relying heavily on Loans and Youth initially.

2019/20

Predicted Finish of 18th. Personal aim of top 10.

Transfers In: Luperto (Loan), Esposito (Loan), Edera (Loan)
Transfers Out: Balotelli (£6M)

Finshed: 7th (64 points)

Team was strong from the get-go but faded badly from March onwards. CL football was out-of-reach by April. And dropped from 5th to 7th in the last game of the season.  But achieved my season goal plus snapped up the last Euro Cup spot.

Sent Balo out the door in Jan - not worth the agro. And there were some decent youth candidates - Papetti, Vivani, Magri, Ghezzi - who i've given matchtime throughout the season. 2 of the Bresica regens look very promising.

2020/21

Predicted Finish of 15th. Personal aim of top 6/7 (Euro Cup spot).

Board wants me to reach Group Stage of Euro Cup this season, and they've also added Club Culture items of Play high-tempo pressing football, Play attacking football, Play entertaining football, Play possession football - which they wouldn't budge on at all. I can deliver on the first two. But the latter two are not something I normally do, so we'll see how it plays out.

Transfers In: Bonifazi (£2.5M), Murgia (£8M), Varnier (Loan - Optional Future Fee £10M), Plizzari (Loan), Rossi (Loan), Vignato (Loan)
Transfers Out: Mateju (£2.2M), Aye (£1.2M).

So far 10 league games in: 2nd

Have started strongly again in the league. Sneaked past a strong Leicester team in July in the Euro Cup 2nd qualifying round but knocked out by Fekir/Betis in the last qualifying round - the Board was upset :/

1 hour ago, Vokes said:

Decided this year to take a break away from my usual Atalanta save; normally I like to go for a team just outside the top 4 and aim to make that extra step to CL football.  So have opted for..

800px-Brescia_calcio_badge_svg.thumb.png.65b223f2c59231302679fc8415978799.png

Brescia, who are relegation candidates in the beginning. Have gone with Brescia because they have a nice jersey but mostly because good Youth facilities and a small stadium meaning there should be scope for expansion.

Note, I'm playing on Touch so to make things a touch (heh) harder have also decided to limit myself to transferring in italian players only. I've opted for a back 5, so as to take advantage of the three centrebacks at attacking set-pieces. And with the lack of money and wanting to keep Tonali, I'll be relying heavily on Loans and Youth initially.

2019/20

Predicted Finish of 18th. Personal aim of top 10.

Transfers In: Luperto (Loan), Esposito (Loan), Edera (Loan)
Transfers Out: Balotelli (£6M)

Finshed: 7th (64 points)

Team was strong from the get-go but faded badly from March onwards. CL football was out-of-reach by April. And dropped from 5th to 7th in the last game of the season.  But achieved my season goal plus snapped up the last Euro Cup spot.

Sent Balo out the door in Jan - not worth the agro. And there were some decent youth candidates - Papetti, Vivani, Magri, Ghezzi - who i've given matchtime throughout the season. 2 of the Bresica regens look very promising.

2020/21

Predicted Finish of 15th. Personal aim of top 6/7 (Euro Cup spot).

Board wants me to reach Group Stage of Euro Cup this season, and they've also added Club Culture items of Play high-tempo pressing football, Play attacking football, Play entertaining football, Play possession football - which they wouldn't budge on at all. I can deliver on the first two. But the latter two are not something I normally do, so we'll see how it plays out.

Transfers In: Bonifazi (£2.5M), Murgia (£8M), Varnier (Loan - Optional Future Fee £10M), Plizzari (Loan), Rossi (Loan), Vignato (Loan)
Transfers Out: Mateju (£2.2M), Aye (£1.2M).

So far 10 league games in: 2nd

Have started strongly again in the league. Sneaked past a strong Leicester team in July in the Euro Cup 2nd qualifying round but knocked out by Fekir/Betis in the last qualifying round - the Board was upset :/

How is Cistana?