[FM20][FM21][FM22][FM23] Calcio

zlatanera

13 minutes ago, WilsonJuve said:

Finally decided on my long term save. I was originally wanting to pick a team from Sicily as no team from there had won Serie A the front runners were Messina as they are the least successful and Catania due to there interesting debt of £50m. But I have found a new club which ticked all my long save boxes and that is Ancona Matelica a merger of two clubs S.S Matelica Calcio 1921 and Anconitana. As the club was only formed in 2021 they have absolutely no history to date. As I said this is perfect as going forward every promotion/trophy will be the first in the clubs history. Hopefully we can make a lasting legacy. 

Excellent, good luck. It seems they have a decent squad, only one player over 28 too.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, stgahoy said:

Fagioli looks decent, but does not look like he would be a starter for a club like Juve. Soule looks rather disappointing. Koni De Winter looks good and promising. Solberg looks decent - the rest I would say is not much of a talent. The best talent is obviously Rovella who is not home grown ;)  I think the most  you can expect is a rotation player from the current academy, they dont look like first team material.

Given Juve's lack of homegrown players at the start, not a bad thing to have one or two homegrown rotation options to add in the medium term!

On 18/11/2021 at 20:09, Jogo Bonito said:

Excellent choice. If I was managing in Serie A, they would have been my pick for sure.

Would Danilho Doekhi or Gianluca Mancini be in budget?

Mancini out of budget, but have loaned Doekhi for second season

On 18/11/2021 at 21:25, WilsonJuve said:

If the board accepted for Milenkovic I would be seriously worried about keeping Dusan. Buongiorno usually turns out good him and Papetti were my defensive partnership last year and were unreal.

Dusan is already asking to move, looks like he won't be here for too long. Would be nice to get £60m for him and then look to rebuild the squad. Buongiorno has signed for Leeds unfortunately. Will start giving Papetti game time in the second season. 

So I'm in February 2nd season and Mbappe feels like cheating - he scored 9 in 6 CL games, and 17 in 15 in Serie A topping that up with 2 goals off the bench vs Torino in Coppa Italia. Just special on every level.

Winter transfer window was rather silent:

Sold:

•  Rabiot - €33M - to Liverpool - I wanted to actually prolong his contract but he was asking €225k p/w and a starter status which I feel was way too much, I would be happy to keep him on ~€170k p/w + first team status - but as he didnt want to accept and with me having a suitable replacements in Rovella and Arthur, I've offered him out in October United and Liverpool came in with €30M and €33M respectively and off he went to Guardiolas Liverpool (funny how the managers change in the game :D) - pretty unrealistic that they paid €33M for a player they could have gotten for free in the summer but wont complain
  • Alex Sandro - €0 to Inter - I wanted to re-sign Sandro but again he asked crazy wages €200k p/w and a starter status, which I felt is way too much. Inter came in with a contract offer in mid January and he accepted.

What is really bothering to me is that, both Rabiot and Sandro accepted offers from other clubs that are way lower than they expected from me. Rabiot signed a €150k p/w contract and a first team player for The Reds, and Sandro agreed a €140k p/w deal with a first teamer status from Inter. This is really annoying that I can't re-sign players on those terms, but players are happy to agree those terms with others.

Bought:

• Nathan Ake - €7.5M - joining me after the end of the season - I have unhappy Bonucci and Demiral who wants to leave, so I started to think about backups for next season, Ake was transfer listed by City he seems to be really solid, had low salary expectations, rotation status, low fee asked by City - felt this is a good deal, so I went for it.

And I'm still working on bringing in Theo Hernandez for next season, which I feel might be a tough task but the money is here, no other needs in the team so I think I will splash those €65M-€70M to bring the Frenchman.

Chosen to start my FM22 career off with a stint in Rome - sorry Jose! Think Serie A is a really good place to start this year, with no one team looking like a dominant force.

I've found that Roma's squad has a really good amount of quality, especially in the middle of the park, and definitely think a title challenge is possible. Currently joint top with Milan after 6 wins and 1 draw in my first 7 games, so all looks positive. 

Transfer-wise, I managed to ship Fazio off the wage bill and brought in Barreiro from Mainz - a young ball winning midfielder to add a bit of versatility to a midfield stacked with creative players but no real ball winners. I thought I'd probably leave it at that until deadline day came along and things went a bit crazy...

Ended up receiving an offer from PSG for Mkhitaryan for about 8 million. He'd started the season well but wanted the offer accepted and I felt that it was a bit of a no-brainer considering his age. It was then a bit of a struggle to replace him however, and with Zaniolo picking up an injury on the same day I had a bit of a panic and ended up bringing Isco in on loan. He's not really a wide player, but I felt he could play there and also be used as rotation in the middle of the park too - and so far he's played pretty well in both positions. I then had Nicklas Sule offered to me, and while I didn't need another CB I felt he was too good to pass up on at the price Bayern wanted. In the end I offered out Smalling (who hadn't yet played due to injury) and Real Madrid came in for him. In the end I felt it was good business to sell him and bring Sule in - who is slightly better, on slightly less money, 6 years younger than Smalling, and doesn't take up a non-EU slot. 

I've had constant injuries at full back so constantly been rotating, but the young Calafiori has been brilliant so far at LB, and I'm hoping the game time he's getting will help him to progress. Upfront Tammy is scoring left right and centre, but I must say as others have pointed out that it just seems a bit too easy for strikers to score, so I expect the goals to slow a little once the game is patched next. 

Think the priority in January will be to find a quality wide player to compete with El Shawaary and Zaniolo as Carlos Perez isn't really cutting it at the moment. Tony Martial was on my radar but United wanted me to pay 100% of his wages for a loan deal, so I'll need to have a re-think there. 

On 19/11/2021 at 20:23, WilsonJuve said:

Finally decided on my long term save. I was originally wanting to pick a team from Sicily as no team from there had won Serie A the front runners were Messina as they are the least successful and Catania due to there interesting debt of £50m. But I have found a new club which ticked all my long save boxes and that is Ancona Matelica a merger of two clubs S.S Matelica Calcio 1921 and Anconitana. As the club was only formed in 2021 they have absolutely no history to date. As I said this is perfect as going forward every promotion/trophy will be the first in the clubs history. Hopefully we can make a lasting legacy. 

Palermo used to be a great save before their downfall. Don't think I've managed them since their relegations. How do they look in this game?

Sadly lost all my FM content on the laptop due to water damage :( had a decent start with Venezia and my lower league save with Ancona Matelica. Im absolutely devastated invested a lot of hours into the saves setting up tactics and sorting staff/training etc. Venezia alone was around 25 hours before the first league game.  Was planning on doing the write ups this weekend when I finished work. Feel really dejected by it and too burnt-out to restart the same saves for the time being. Don't know if I should take a break from Italy or give another save a chance. 

23 hours ago, stgahoy said:

:lol: Vicenza had 4 red cards in a game vs me

This is how they defended a free-kick in the 90th minute with only 7 players on the pitch :lol:

That's crazy twice over :lol:

10 minutes ago, WilsonJuve said:

Sadly lost all my FM content on the laptop due to water damage :( had a decent start with Venezia and my lower league save with Ancona Matelica. Im absolutely devastated invested a lot of hours into the saves setting up tactics and sorting staff/training etc. Venezia alone was around 25 hours before the first league game.  Was planning on doing the write ups this weekend when I finished work. Feel really dejected by it and too burnt-out to restart the same saves for the time being. Don't know if I should take a break from Italy or give another save a chance. 

Ah, terrible news. Perhaps a spell in another country might refresh you to come back and try again with one of them, or at another side in Italy. 

Not trying to make light of it, but is there some sort of irony in water damage affecting a save in Venice? :rolleyes:

26 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

That's crazy twice over :lol:

Ah, terrible news. Perhaps a spell in another country might refresh you to come back and try again with one of them, or at another side in Italy. 

Not trying to make light of it, but is there some sort of irony in water damage affecting a save in Venice? :rolleyes:

That actually raised a smile, Never thought of it like that ha. Absolutely devastated though was really getting into both saves. I did contemplate Bologna so they could be an option or Sassuolo. Been looking at Russia too Dynamo Moscow have never won the title and bringing a Russian club to dominate Europe appeals to me. 

2 minutes ago, WilsonJuve said:

That actually raised a smile, Never thought of it like that ha. Absolutely devastated though was really getting into both saves. I did contemplate Bologna so they could be an option or Sassuolo. Been looking at Russia too Dynamo Moscow have never won the title and bringing a Russian club to dominate Europe appeals to me. 

Good that you took it well. Really disappointing that your time and effort was wasted :thdn:

I'm an EFL stalwart in England, but after manging there it resets my mind when I go to another country and then head back. Otherwise it can get a bit 'samey' just going to different clubs in the same country. Perhaps Moscow is a good idea, and then after that you'll be even more pumped up for Italy again. 

4 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Good that you took it well. Really disappointing that your time and effort was wasted :thdn:

I'm an EFL stalwart in England, but after manging there it resets my mind when I go to another country and then head back. Otherwise it can get a bit 'samey' just going to different clubs in the same country. Perhaps Moscow is a good idea, and then after that you'll be even more pumped up for Italy again. 

Think you are correct a little break will help. Congratulations on your start at Palermo. I follow your update page good luck for the rest of the season.

Just done my first season with Juventus, finishing 2nd (distant) behind Inter and comfortably ahead of Atalanta.

I dont know how to view the season really. Ive won nothing so thats obviously bad and failed all my board objectives. But in the process:

• Scored 90 points in the league. In other seasons this would win the league. Inter were incredible though and relentless
  • I was knocked out the champions league in the round of 16 by Man City. I qualified easily from the group with only one defeat and 14 points, so I feel drawing Man City as a 2nd place finisher was unlucky and they did a job on us in the away leg
  • I lost the Italian Cup semi final after a disasterous 7-1 defeat in away leg to Inter. Inter WERE the best team over the season, but the 7-1 was a total freak, I dont think ive ever lost a game so heavily and hope I never will again
  • I lost the Italian Supercup 1-0 to Inter, as for me it fell between a very tough run of fixtures and the board didnt want to win it, so I dont feel too disappointed but Inter got the better of me.

So its not been a total disaster yet ive won nothing which is a bit concerning. I thought it would be fairly easy to win the league.

Great start (5 consecutive wins) and great finish (7 consecutive wins) but a poor inconsistent middle that let Inter get away from us.

Not sure how to feel about the season.

Ive already brought in for season 2:

• Kylian Mbappe
  • Harry Kane
  • Jamal Musiala
  • Ideally, im looking for another CB, Djimsiti is available on a free and cheap wages, but ideally Araujo fits the bill well from Barca. That would leave me De Ligt, Bonucci, Demiral, Djimsiti and Araujo to pick from

Looking to offload:

• Ramsey
  • Arthur
  • Kaio Jorge
  • Not extending Morata's loan

Already Sold/Left On Frees:

• Dybala (Free To PSG)
  • Bernardeschi (Free To Spurs)
  • Rugani (Peanuts To Arsenal)

Edited by Lesterfan_Cambiasso

Season 2 report

Serie A

We've taken the league with storm beating all the domestic records basically, even though Inter and Lazio played crazy good seasons I've been winning all the games really, with great comebacks when loosing and stuff crazy, everything just worked. Mbappe scored 30 in 26, but that was just the 3rd result in the league! Lautaro had 32 and Immobile scored... 39  :eek:

spacer.png

Champions League

The CL group stage went easy with comfortably winning all the games in the groups v Monaco, Barcelona and Salzburg

First knockout stage vs Ajax - comfortable wins 3-1(A) and 3-0(H) secured the win.

Quarter final vs Liverpool

Well let the screenshot speak for itself:

spacer.png

We've lost 1-3, with two red cards from Locatelli and Chiesa...

We've had a 1-1 draw at home which got us out of the cup. Liverpool went to eventually win the whole tournament beating Bayern 5-0 in the final.

Coppa Italia

As a consolidation we've managed to win the Coppa beating Ascoli, Torino, Napoli and Lazio who were having a crazy good season.

spacer.png

Transfer window update - Start of Season 3

Transfers In:

• Theo Hernandez - €70M from AC Milan - after loosing Alex Sandro I really wanted to bring a hot name to the team to strengthen the left side, Theo ticked all the boxes. Did cost me a fortune but I hope it will be way worth it
  • Luis Diaz - €30M from Porto - a transfer that was not planned, last season I felt Im struggeling on the wings when Chiesa is not available, Diaz was transfer listed for a decent price, he was  asking for a squad player status so I felt its a good deal
  • Nathan Ake - €7.5M from City - a rotation CB on a cheap, who looks good for the job, additionaly covering the LB spot
  • Bryan Cristante - €44M from Rome - another unplanned transfer, but after I got the offer for Arthur which I felt is way too good, I wanted to get another Italian, I had a deal agreed €10M + Bernardeschi for Cristante, but Federico rejected Rome and I had to pay some big money

Transfers Out:

• Merih Demiral - €39M to City - Demiral wasnt starting for me, he was unhappy so I decided to cash in City came with a good offer which I felt is good
  • Arthur - €55M to City - Arthur was another of my players that has not really started for me - he was a decent backup but also nothing very special. Felt the offer is too good to decline so he packed his bags heading to Manchester.
  • Alex Sandro €0 to Inter - he accepted their contract offer rejecting mine

On the last day I've gotten a great offer for Danilo €29M from Real Madrid, but there was no time to find a replacement so I've rejected.

The Team:

I feel like Im having a crazy good team now, of course the goal now is to win the CL, Liverpool seem to be the biggest challenge, after their win last season they even got better after buying Haaland their team looks crazy. Anyway this are the guys who will challenge for the trophy ;)

spacer.png

spacer.png

• zlatanera changed the title to [FM20][FM21][FM22][FM23] Calcio
50 minutes ago, lckyby said:

Tried to work out a Zemanlandia tactic for FM22. Defence is a bit too good really lol.

First season Sassuolo...

902458254_Screenshot2021-11-26at20_04_57.thumb.png.a83de25f5fbb4846e855eba711b9dab0.png

Second season so far...

1187109164_Screenshot2021-11-27at14_54_08.thumb.png.97c4758174bf30bdf2a556df2f55e815.png

Definitely overachieving there :eek: 

obraz.png.513fb0bdfcb34207050f1c024c865bf4.png

Remember them from....sensible soccer (Amiga) sessions, used to have their legendary shirt with MONCART advert, bought in one of the tourist shops in San Marino. City famous from their violins  and, of course, Grigorossi. Their former stars like Matjaz Florjancić, Luigi Turci or Andrea Tentoni were relatively unknown for most of you, but believe or not, they used to play at the top level.
Solo save which can turn online one if someone interested (currently running an EFL online game, stopped playing my Zaragoza one as it got license fix gone after patch/updates).

Edited by Kostropaty

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, turgi said:

You know this year's version ain't great when it's early days and there was no one message here in 10 days.

A lot more people post on personal blogs, Twitter, Facebook, Reddit and Discord now

Edited by Trevomac

I've completed my first season with Palermo, promoted in to Serie B. I've done pre-season and almost ready for the 2022/23 campaign to start. My posts are on the FMCU pages of the forum (and Matty is posting over there too).

Personally, I'm finding FM22 to be a good, solid version - and enjoyable. 

Edited by Jogo Bonito

Again and again, its still to easy to loan decent players for Serie B and lower division. Experienced this at  Reggiana in FM20, Lucchese in 21, now at Cremonese I managed to sign permanently VIti from Empoli,  loan Cambiaso and Bianchi from Genoa. Im watching serie A a lot, these players feature frequently in the highest level, I have some real doubts whether they will be so keen to join any Serie B side.

Edited by Kostropaty

On 08/12/2021 at 00:08, turgi said:

You know this year's version ain't great when it's early days and there was no one message here in 10 days.

Maybe because it's Xmas month ;) 

I am tempted to head back to Italy, but maybe with Roma :D 

No second season blues for my Juventus squad after only 1 real addition to the main squad, with Rovella coming back from loan, Morata staying, Rabiot leaving for 20.5m and Chiellini retiring.

Chiesa and Morata both starting strongly with 3 G 7 A, and 10 G 1A in 7 matches. Dybala came back from his late season broken ankle with 4 G and 4 A in 8 appearances.

2 hours ago, TheVerySpecialOne said:

Thinking about starting with Piacenza, does anybody know why is the wolf on their logo?

I think it something to do with Lupetto or she-wolf suckling Romulus and Remus?

Hope someone can explain it better than me :D 

2 hours ago, TheVerySpecialOne said:

Thinking about starting with Piacenza, does anybody know why is the wolf on their logo?

There is a strong connection between Piacenza and Rome. The Capitoline Wolf Monument can be found in Piacenza which is a copy of the wolf one...could have something to do with it.

46 minuti fa, MattyLewis11 ha scritto:

There is a strong connection between Piacenza and Rome. The Capitoline Wolf Monument can be found in Piacenza which is a copy of the wolf one...could have something to do with it.

You can find the same monument even in other Italian cities and they usually are kinda of recent because they have been made during the ''ventennio fascista'' (between 1922 and 1943).

Hey guys pretty new to the forums, I have lurked about a lot but finally signed up. Massive football and Serie A fan in real life so cannot wait to get my save started. I will be managing Venezia. The romance of Venice, beautiful food, beautiful kits what's not to love? 

Save objectives are as follows.
Play as realistic as possible - Remaining in Serie A and looking after the teams finances will be the top priority. I will be making all my own tactics for the team and try and stamp my own style of play to all levels of the team. I will also be starting the game using the China winter start date which is today 13/12/2021 to make the save even more realistic. Yes the teams won't be in the same positions as real life but I will be joining at the exact stage as the current Serie A season.

1 hour ago, Ace27 said:

Hey guys pretty new to the forums, I have lurked about a lot but finally signed up. Massive football and Serie A fan in real life so cannot wait to get my save started. I will be managing Venezia. The romance of Venice, beautiful food, beautiful kits what's not to love? 

Save objectives are as follows.
Play as realistic as possible - Remaining in Serie A and looking after the teams finances will be the top priority. I will be making all my own tactics for the team and try and stamp my own style of play to all levels of the team. I will also be starting the game using the China winter start date which is today 13/12/2021 to make the save even more realistic. Yes the teams won't be in the same positions as real life but I will be joining at the exact stage as the current Serie A season.

Welcome, a good club choice & starting date idea. Enjoy yourself with Venezia.

2 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Welcome, a good club choice & starting date idea. Enjoy yourself with Venezia.

Thank you very much I have just selected the leagues which I will be running. Which is all divisions in the following countries.
Argentina
Belgium
Brazil
China
Colombia
Croatia
England
France
Germany
Italy
Netherlands
Portugal 
Russia
Scotland
Spain
Sweden
Turkey
Ukraine
USA 
Wales.

Hopefully the RNG gods will be good to me. I would enjoy a good relegation battle.

1 minute ago, Ace27 said:

Thank you very much I have just selected the leagues which I will be running. Which is all divisions in the following countries.
Argentina
Belgium
Brazil
China
Colombia
Croatia
England
France
Germany
Italy
Netherlands
Portugal 
Russia
Scotland
Spain
Sweden
Turkey
Ukraine
USA 
Wales.

Hopefully the RNG gods will be good to me. I would enjoy a good relegation battle.

Got to love a nice big database, strap yourself in! I think my DB for both my saves is circa 120k players I believe.

1 minute ago, MattyLewis11 said:

Got to love a nice big database, strap yourself in! I think my DB for both my saves is circa 120k players I believe.

Mine at Palermo is about the same, but I only had Italian leagues loaded. I added Switzerland ahead of season 2, but only because I needed Tresor Samba in my game to sign (which I did for £21.5k).

Best of luck @Ace27

7 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Mine at Palermo is about the same, but I only had Italian leagues loaded. I added Switzerland ahead of season 2, but only because I needed Tresor Samba in my game to sign (which I did for £21.5k).

Best of luck @Ace27

I went for a range of leagues to replicate the old Mitropa Cup. 

6 minutes ago, MattyLewis11 said:

I went for a range of leagues to replicate the old Mitropa Cup. 

I'd never heard of it - it's even older than me :kriss: but it seems like it evolved from a meeting in Venice in July 1926, with the first winners in 1927. I've learnt something new today :)

2 minutes ago, MattyLewis11 said:

Yeah I love to see how other leagues develop over a save and take all the data in. As far as my season begins after 17 games we find ourself in 17th position on 17points which is 2 points ahead of Empoli in 18th and as fate would have it my first game in charge is at home to Empoli!!!!! Salertiana and Genoa finish off the league both on 8 points. Looking ahead of us the league is pretty tight 9th place is only on 22 points.

47 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Best of luck @Ace27

Once again thank you very much. When I was lurking I read through your post on your Palermo save very good first season a very tricky league to get out of.

2 minutes ago, Ace27 said:

Yeah I love to see how other leagues develop over a save and take all the data in. As far as my season begins after 17 games we find ourself in 17th position on 17points which is 2 points ahead of Empoli in 18th and as fate would have it my first game in charge is at home to Empoli!!!!! Salertiana and Genoa finish off the league both on 8 points. Looking ahead of us the league is pretty tight 9th place is only on 22 points.

Once again thank you very much. When I was lurking I read through your post on your Palermo save very good first season a very tricky league to get out of.

Thanks, I'm enjoying Palermo.

Genoa are a bit rubbish in FM and IRL then, at least that is realistic! Talking of realism, you're starting from a good position there.

1 minute ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Thanks, I'm enjoying Palermo.

Genoa are a bit rubbish in FM and IRL then, at least that is realistic! Talking of realism, you're starting from a good position there.

Yes very happy with it to be honest I have seen on a lot of other peoples saves on here where they are 20th without a win. 

After some colossal failures trying 4231 gegen with Newcastle or trying wide center back with Schalke, i come back to basic at Roma with a simple 433. 

And i never had a succesfull run like this one, never ever, and i play since championship manager (Guy Roux manager in French :p )20211214185431_1.thumb.jpg.2c6aecc7c432d66d914069755f6ba16e.jpg

I really dont know how it happen , basic tactic, two transfers in (Koman for 22M and Nianzou for 12.5M) and it was just a victory run. Just two defeats in the season, out of the cup after penalties against Milan and another against the mighty Jablonec in conference league.

tactic.thumb.jpg.ddd7bddb4d57c7c1af68e519910dab40.jpg

Now i can bragg ! My second invincible achievment since rangers in third scottish level !

The only bas side of this is it can only go worse, i just need to win every year now ...

sch1.thumb.jpg.bfbd8397a8060f4073f4165066391f6e.jpg

sch2.thumb.jpg.802828b583ac1ddfaff45b63ea6dfa0a.jpg

sch3.thumb.jpg.ab4b5f373ca7845af191682e2a3fb12f.jpg

Has anyone got a save with Venezia on FM22 yet? I very randomly decided on an Italian adventure in Venice. Started the save in mid-June (rather than July) and brought in 4 under-22 players, selling on 2 players out of the first team. Start of July and the 4 new additions arrive. I try to go to Register the squad. And can't happen. Max squad is 25, but must have 4 players trained by the club. Venezia have 0. I can't even get all the nominally first team players registered, let alone leave 4 empty spots. Anyone have any tricks? Or try the club and have a suggestion on what they did regarding the registration?