[FM20][FM21][FM22][FM23] Calcio

zlatanera

11 minutes ago, bdixon said:

I'd highly recommend them I'm having great fun. Need to keep playing as the board have just announced they are build a new 57k stadium.

YES!!! That is the biggest concern with Fiorentina - a ****** stadium :P

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will do a full update tomorrow night, but had to share this.

There is 1 game left in season 4, and this is how the table looks.

1458445597_s41gameleft.thumb.png.68e457cf2fed40a73ff449ff7f9461b7.png

Our final game of the season, a title decider away to Inter.

Can we retain our title, or will Inter break our hearts on the final day.

So season 4 summary. Before I get onto the final day drama, talk through the transfers we did for season 4.

We signed Hannibal on a permanent deal for 35 mil, and what a signing hes been. We also got a transfer listed Asesnio for 11 mil though he hasn't been very good. On the outs, we let Dennis Man go for 24 mil and also sold Magno who just wasn't very good.

So now onto the final day against Inter, could we retain the title.

s4league.thumb.png.f499ba025db5183d60eb501a9dc1a2dd.png

No :( we lost 1-0 and Inter won the title. I have to say though it was an incredibly frustrating season, we constantly dropped silly silly points losing 8 games, where we weren't clinical enough. We were also let down by the fact we struggled anytime we didn't have our best 11 playing.

There was some silverware though, winning the Italian supercup.

184058916_supercups4.thumb.png.dbada2453725239ae056ad52505f1334.png

The Italian cup still gets away from us though, and in the champs league we got to the quarter finals before losing out to Man city who were just too good for us.

So time to get over the heartbreak and build for season 5.

This team has basically been the same for 2 seasons, as we had Hannibal on loan before signing him permanently. So I think a reshuffle and abit of a rebuild is needed to freshen the team up and try push us to the next level, as we went backwards last season. However for the 2nd time in this save we are going to lose our star striker, Sesko has had his release clause met by PSG, its 90 mil though so making 72 mil profit. There is also a few players that just aren't cutting it, the likes of Romero, Zakaria, Gouiri and Castrovilli. So once they are all sold, we should have about 200-250 mil to spend to rebuild this team, should be fun.

Edited by sedge11

Season 3 completed with Fiorentina...

Won the league by 10 points and got to the Semi Finals of Champions League. 

I managed to fend off all of the interest for Vlahovic in the second season but now an £87 million offer from City has come in and I'm tempted to take it and rebuild the rest of the squad. 

Currently have Sesko, Icardi joining on a free and can sign Andre Silva for £20mil from City to replace Vlahovic. 

Shall I keep it as realistic as in real life with Vlahovic not sticking around, or keep him and make the most of him for another season or two? 

1 hour ago, Daws88 said:

Season 3 completed with Fiorentina...

Won the league by 10 points and got to the Semi Finals of Champions League. 

I managed to fend off all of the interest for Vlahovic in the second season but now an £87 million offer from City has come in and I'm tempted to take it and rebuild the rest of the squad. 

Currently have Sesko, Icardi joining on a free and can sign Andre Silva for £20mil from City to replace Vlahovic. 

Shall I keep it as realistic as in real life with Vlahovic not sticking around, or keep him and make the most of him for another season or two? 

If he’s happy to stay, I would personally keep him as he’s just immense.

I made the mistake on my save of not giving him a new contract straight away, so had to sell him at end of the 1st season.

Has anyone playing as Juventus succeeded in retaining Dybala? I've only just started, and he isn't interested in negotiating. While I know things are a bit rough between the club and him in real life, this seems a bit rich, no?

13 minutes ago, Adzke said:

Has anyone playing as Juventus succeeded in retaining Dybala? I've only just started, and he isn't interested in negotiating. While I know things are a bit rough between the club and him in real life, this seems a bit rich, no?

He will want to discuss terms in January when others will approach too.

I'm a little stuck on what striker to sign as Sesko's replacement, so thought would see what the thread thinks.

So be going into season 5 with Fiorentina. The options:

A - Darwin Nunez for 38 mil from Man city - transfer listed

B - Tammy Abraham 56 mil from Roma - listed by request

C - Big name striker who I think I can tempt for a deal totaling 100 mil. Won't reveal the name just yet though ;)

12 hours ago, n1mez said:

And now he is gone to Juve :'(

i dont know why juve have to steal fiorentinas players all the time,dusan will be public enemy number one in florence, juve are not even that good!

20 ore fa, oze07 ha scritto:

i dont know why juve have to steal fiorentinas players all the time,dusan will be public enemy number one in florence, juve are not even that good!

Steal..

Bernardeschi -> 40Mln € + 5
Chiesa -> 50Mln € + 10
Vlahovic?? -> 68Mln € + 8??

So been a few days, but transfers for season 5 are done. 

After losing the title on the final day last season, and with Sesko leaving, I wanted to refresh the team and what a big summer it was.

1st the outs.

241930351_s5outs.png.0ed5fb49d465d419c559b19d06e5dab1.png

190 mil brought in. Shame to lose Sesko, but making over 70 mil profit on him was nice. Gouiri just hadn't worked out. I like Castrovilli but I just couldn't get much out of him, especially since Hannibal and Pessina had both been doing well in his position.

Now the ins, the big transfer in was always going to be Sesko's replacement. I had a few options Abraham, Nunez and Isak but I ended up making a 100 mil transfer, obviously a decent amount in installments.

So welcome home Vlahovic.

vlahovic.thumb.png.3e56d34ffd78031a72ef8b45c3ca2cdd.png

He was unhappy at Liverpool, as after a good 1st season with them they brought Lewandowski, and Vlahovic ended up being a back up. I asked his agent and he said he was interested, so from that point there was only 1 player I wanted.

The team he comes back into is alot better than the one he left, so I'm expecting him to lead us to trophies.

Here are the rest of the ins.

1732278327_s5iins.png.5141bb0df41e895587afb3015ee798a4.png

Kounde and Pellegrini were both transfer listed by request and are quality additions.

This is Bucciarelli.

bucci.thumb.png.a150c1256f115388c8222e6173134798.png

I also have quite a few youngsters in the 1st team, that I'm hoping to develop but this is Diop, who is the pick of the bunch.

diop.thumb.png.f660e80d69ab67dc73f4d373e73b0152.png

He's played a fair bit already for me, he came through in my 1st youth intake.

Overall I'm very happy and am really looking forward to this season, have a good feeling we good do something special this season.

We did get an incredibly tough champs league draw though.

748622979_champsleaguegroups5.thumb.png.b1ae82fa17fa69b5beb42eca87b96e23.png

13 hours ago, sedge11 said:

So welcome home Vlahovic.

vlahovic.thumb.png.3e56d34ffd78031a72ef8b45c3ca2cdd.png

Some fantastic signings there! But this is what I live for. Bringing a hero back to the club is always an amazing feeling but the fact you managed to do it only a few seasons in makes it even sweeter. The guy is only 25 years old still has a full career ahead of him. Really enjoying the squad you have managed to create so far. Best of luck with the current season :thup:

1 hour ago, WilsonJuve said:

Some fantastic signings there! But this is what I live for. Bringing a hero back to the club is always an amazing feeling but the fact you managed to do it only a few seasons in makes it even sweeter. The guy is only 25 years old still has a full career ahead of him. Really enjoying the squad you have managed to create so far. Best of luck with the current season :thup:

Thanks, really enjoying this save. Have only won 1 trophy, being serie A title in season 3, but enjoyed building this team up.

But yea I’ve been following how he was doing after we sold him. As said in the post once they got Lewandowski they just stopped playing him, so I got lucky really otherwise I don’t think would of been able to bring him back.

I did try tempt him at an earlier stage but he wasn’t interested, but soon as Kounde and Pellegrini arrived, he was willing to talk.

Edited by sedge11

22 hours ago, WilsonJuve said:

So after breaking the Serie B goalscoring record from 1940 with 36 goals 5 games into his first Serie A season and  Lorenzo Lucca seems to be settling pretty well.......

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

I'm looking at him right now. How are you utilising him?

Season 5 is coming to its climax. This is how the table looks with 3 games left.

1872715285_s5titlerace.png.eec33e9f1ae2f27bb7cc0b347fae95b6.png

The games left:

Milan - Lazio, Inter, Sampdoria

Inter - Roma, Milan, Genoa

Us - Verona, Bologna, Benevento

I would make us favourites on the fixtures, but this is fm so anything can happen.

So I said we were slight favourites, but this is fm so you never know and well we bottled it. We lost to Bologna, while Milan went and won the title.

1741232286_season5league.thumb.png.2f804e7fa99a6c97a7741ddfc0b2e04e.png

91 points and no title is disappointing, that's our 2nd season in a row losing the title in the final couple of games as well.

There were positives though, Vlahovic on his return with 36 league goals, and he got 46 goals in total. Hannibal also continues to be the glue in the middle for my team, 16 assists in the league 21 in all comps.

We made a January signing as well. Tchouameni, who I have seen in other saves become a monster, had made a shocking move to Torino in one of the strangest transfers I've seen this fm. So as soon as I had an opportunity I brought him.

tchouameni.thumb.png.0e04bbcaa62a5ac0900b2f1f30891afa.png

Absolute bargain at 5.5 mil as well.

So now the cups.

Italian cup continues to elude us as we lost in the quarter finals to Inter. Meaning we have lost to Inter in the cup in 3 of the 5 seasons.

Champs league, well that didn't go well either, as we ended up 3rd in a very tough group.

1088285757_s5champstable.thumb.png.1393ae7b1e199499c825df56bb1ece2f.png

This meant we dropped down to the Europa league, and well we went and won it.

1530445466_europaleagues5.thumb.png.5fc725e0cbb1314010531cf0c1a893e7.png

403561547_europaleaguerun.thumb.png.e603ad228041204119da13a15a132759.png

A pretty solid run to the final only conceding 2 goals. A Vlahovic goal in the final was enough to secure the trophy.

So though we missed out on the Serie A title for a 2nd season in a row, we ended with a trophy and Fiorentina's 1st european trophy for over 60 years.

So as mentioned Vlahovic had an incredible season and scored 46 goals in all comps, but the problem that we had was my next highest goal scorer was Raspadori with 14, then Hannibal with 10. So my other attackers just didn't give Vlahovic enough support, so this is an area of the team we really need to improve on as it did cost us some points when Vlahovic picked up a 3-4 week injury mid way through the season.

Midfield wise we are pretty set with Hannibal, Pellegrini and Tchouameni forming a great midfield 3. Defensively Bucciarelli and kounde have struck up a good partnership, however we may need a left back as Biraghi is now 33 and had a few injuries this season.

Onwards to season 6. 

I'm currently trying to relearn the game as I was having some difficulties due to illness.

Started with a top club (PSG).

And now wanted to get going with a mid table team. Serie A is always an attractive option and I was deciding between Sampdoria, Genoa and Fiorentina.

I took over Genoa and boy is that squad giving me a headache. But I got Papetti, and Burkhardt from Mainz, who I hope to pair with Lucca, if I can get my hands on him.

Might be sacked quickly, but I will try again then. :lol:

Season not going so well, but at least we won the Derby della Lanterna 4-1.

Had to start against Empoli(win) and then Lazio, Napoli, Juve and Milan... Hope I can survive until season 2, where I can clean the squad.

Apologises for the long post but here is a full season 6 summary.

So here were the transfers for the 6th season.

1203673666_s6transfers.thumb.png.1a64fd3601dc9285feb6355f0fbc5d36.png

Needed more depth in attack and I felt I covered that well. Burak is a regen striker/left winger. Orsolini is someone I wish I had brought 2-3 seasons ago. Nunez was someone I looked at when I brought Vlahovic back, but at 23 mil I couldn't turn it down.

Here is my best 11 going into season 6, with the rest of the squad.

489659421_best11s6.thumb.png.b6136295c0b1e5b07558787684538e0a.png

Going into the season, I felt very confident we could do something special, and I feel that the squad is the best it has been.

Lets start with the cups. We started the season well, beating liverpool in the european super cup.

1114675926_supercups6.png.8dc6f74e3bff3a5cf249d6e90009dc91.png

Champions league we had a great run, getting to the semi final before losing to PSG, who were just too strong for us.

The Italian cup has eluded us throughout the save, before this season we had lost to Inter in the cup 4 out of the 5 seasons.................. But not this season, we faced them in the semi final and beat them, before destroying Juve in the final to finally win the Italian cup.

2027878032_s6italiancup.png.98d0aa43fb52584806b51dc1e8f76928.png

Now the league, the previous 2 seasons we have lost the league in the final 2-3 games. But I felt confident this year, the team felt good, felt we had quality all over the pitch and I was right to be confident, not only did we win the league, we absolutely dominated it.

300317896_s6league.thumb.png.ac18fce3b688001e24cb679af24de401.png1776791507_s6domination.thumb.png.978b1470204580d72b117ed1a8faf935.png

We spent the whole season top of the table, never looking likely of giving it up. So we take home our 2nd Serie A title in 6 seasons. We had the top scorer, the most clean sheets, top 3 in the average ratings.

Now something I have never ever experienced in fm before happened this season. We got all 11 players in team of the year.

766755233_s6teamofyear.thumb.png.66976254b72200667480d61f9209998e.png

What a season it had been, 3 trophies won.

1436424231_season6trophies.png.b5181bca7492e902fdaacb75af877e48.png

It's been a great 6 seasons, absolutely loving this save. So far we have won 2 Serie A titles, 1 Italian cup, 1 Europa league, 1 European super cup and 1 Italian super cup.

When I started the save, the idea was to spend 4-5 years at Fiorentina then move to another team and build them up, but I just love this team and I will probably do another season or 2 here, before seeing what other jobs are about on the save.

So roll on season 7, can we retain the title? Can we maybe challenge further in the champions league?

Edited by sedge11

Lovely stuff. Nice team you have assembled. Do you mind me asking when and how much did Milan sign Oyarzabel for?

I've started an Atalanta save as I like to have 2-3 saves on the go. I've gone for a Gian Piero Gasperini replication and things have started really well.

1505651413_2022-02-0417_11_42-FootballManager2022.png.f32eef20b9e543e78c939a934b20e03f.png

Finally decided on a save in Italy, starting with Brescia. Seems a good team to have a challenging but fun save trying to move while also developing players from the own youth system. Start of the season has been shockingly good, going 15 games unbeaten at 12-3-0 until suffering our first loss in Game 16. Only one transfer IN, albeit a cracking one in Clement Grenier whome i just signed on a free. Pre-arranged to sell 4 players with expiring contracts for about 2.5 mio total to give myself a bit of room in the Winter Window and/or arranging summer transfers early. Going up after season 1 would likely be ... interesting. Quite a few quality players have contract running out and demanding hefty sums and there's a lot of those "really good Serie B players but not quite capable Serie A players". Other than Papetti (who i really want to hang on to) not many obvious high value prospects to sell for big money to reinvest in multiple good players.

Squad has a lot of depth but not many standout players or talents (there's a 20 year old midfielder names Olzer that my staff rates at 4.5 stars potential and who i have started as Mez(a) a lot) one would expect to make an impact at Serie A level.

Running a pretty basic 5122 (WBs, 1 DM, 2 CM, 2 ST) with some pressing, though less than most i'd guess. Loanee (with a 2 mio buy clause ...) Stefano Moreo has been the star man with 10 goals so far as a Pressing Forward (great physicals and mentals)

Edited by Marinho

18 hours ago, luka_zg said:

Guys, is it possible to get juve real black&white shirts on tactic screen and in matches?

Answer in private msg if not allowed here, thnx!

Either before you start a save with the db Editor, or when running an active save - through the in-game editor (you'd have to pay extra).

On 09/12/2021 at 12:24, Kostropaty said:

Again and again, its still to easy to loan decent players for Serie B and lower division. Experienced this at  Reggiana in FM20, Lucchese in 21, now at Cremonese I managed to sign permanently VIti from Empoli,  loan Cambiaso and Bianchi from Genoa. Im watching serie A a lot, these players feature frequently in the highest level, I have some real doubts whether they will be so keen to join any Serie B side.

Having a break from online save, Started a new one with US Cremonese, with sortitoutSI data update

It all started in a early 90s, when was 14 yo. When visiting Slovenia on holidays, made a one-day trip to San Marino. Got a Cremonese shirt there (interesting colours and club crest well made despite its was obviously non-original, bazaar style one). When returned it became popular among kids vs which played football in Portoroż, their copatriot Matjaz Florjancic was a well established striker at Cremona. Times with 3-stranieri rule, a nostalgia trigger.

FORZA GRIGO-ROSSI

Finished second, however needed a win in the last week away at Monza. Won 2-0 , the promotion was rather unexpected. Cedrid Gondo was the top scorer.  Lorenzo Lucca is about to be signed for a club-record fee and my chairman just informed me about the plans of building a new stadium. All signings with long term installments, so pretty risky way to get into serie A business.
obraz.png.32786446e05624b76d3277256005187a.png
obraz.png.91e93433b4cc390cd618928374dc7e96.pngobraz.png.aec93b76e458e6ebd57d8f78be061888.png

So I finished my first season with La Dea. We cantered to the league title

737983859_2022-02-1521_09_50-FootballManager2022.thumb.png.90c0b9e1fd7cf7ab0a0532e13fe4a169.png

We made it to the Champions League semi finals but City were just too strong.

533554060_2022-02-1521_10_27-FootballManager2022.png.dd9cee227207656d9a2c5475361ca489.png

In January, the team started to get dismantled at the back. Large offers were received for Djimsiti, Gosens and Hateboer with a reasonable offer for Toloi.

We brought in Amey for the future and Pelligrini and Calafiori for left back options. All our centre back targets evaded us which left us quite light there prompting a switch to a 433 around March. The switch in formation didn't affect the form

I700002493_2022-02-1521_11_39-FootballManager2022.thumb.png.0224b126db9d50b32213d4b0d9ddb62c.png

1379385942_2022-02-1521_18_52-FootballManager2022.png.a5b73c3ae7bd0e62c0eb0c734a671dbd.png

This guys was the pick of the bunch from youth intake and looks like he could be something! I player. I played him in the final 2 league games and he got an average rating of over 7.5

I've done a season with my beloved Parma, and this year seems hard :lol:

I used January transfers, so had Simy as my top scorer with 28 goals, although the finances for some reason were atrocious, and I was losing ~£500k a month for no reason at all, ending the season with a -£10m balance! 

I got a measly £2m for promotion to Serie A, finishing 2nd, and was told that we would get £35m for TV rights, but nothing came into the balance. 

Couple that with some high earners like Karamoh, Cyprien etc. Coming back, and I've ended up with a £0 budget and -£175k wage debt!!! So I can't even get loans in, or bring back my top striker. Going to be a tough season...

Season 7 is well underway, I didn't buy anyone for the season so its the same team that dominated last season.

Going into January we are top 3 points above AC Milan, and 8 points ahead of 3rd place Juve.

However we have suffered a major blow.

1652352510_vlahovics7.png.1663089628bd44c317a9cdb841063b59.png

Sadly 120 mil was his release clause and Bayern actually went and bid 120 mil. The problem I have is January is very difficult to buy players, so I can try get by with Darwin Nunez and Burak my regen turkish striker or try find someone.

He was top scorer of the league with 14 goals in 15 before he left.

So season 7 has now ended. 

After Vlahovic left we used Nunez as our main striker while also buying a young regen striker from Sampdoria for 15 mil.

We had won the supercup beating Juventus 1-0.

We also faced them in the Italian cup final, again beating them 1-0.

868829727_italiancups7.thumb.png.98b7302aae324debd2ed2fcb1fb18cd9.png

Diop with the goal, the best regen I have had on this game so far.

For most of the season the league title was between ourselves, Juve and AC. It was a hard fought battle but with 2 games to go we beat Monza 7-1 clinching our 3 Serie A title of this save and 2nd in a row.

17752708_season7league.thumb.png.8a23ebaeaedeed527517946547bbcc8d.png

So we end the season with 3 more trophies, retaining both the league title and Italian cup trophy.

1806127671_season7trophies.png.ea9975f5798845151be171991d5ae1b8.png 

Now after 7 great seasons I have decided to leave Fiorentina, the save will continue though as I join another club on the save. I leave Fiorentina with a nice littl gift, as I signed Rashford just before I left for 70 mil, hes 30 but still has great attributes.

So here's abit of a summary of my 7 seasons in charge. 

Here are the trophies we won.

20323083_Fiotrophies.png.c4d393251af7e82efdc86983c51e5d11.png

A very successful time here, it has been one of my favourite ever saves building this team up. The only trophy missing was the champions league, which we were just never quite good enough for.

The overall best 11 over the 7 seasons came out as this:

348399764_overallbest11fio.thumb.png.3defb97421a517c5ff55a4bedc5a06a6.png

So my best 3 players for the save were:

1.Biraghi - Captain and a mainstay in the team throughout, he reitred at the end of season 7. He was excellent throughout, great on set pieces and just in general down that left side.

Biraghi.thumb.png.2b1c8abd1fdb525b4176d4c438526c3c.png

2. Hannibal - Signed initially on loan in season 3, before signing permanently in the season 4. My best signing of the save, developed incredibly well. average ratings very high every season. He is probably one of the best players in Serie A now.

Hannibal.thumb.png.eb549146199b906cf2c34d7470720ab1.png

3. Dragowski - My number 1 keeper the whole way through, always reliable and he played the most games for me.

Draj.thumb.png.aec05dabac30c2c64a6db0cb09be0665.png

So now we move on to a new team, there were a few jobs that came up, I could of gone to a big team and won a few easy trophies, but I have left to start another project, so we move to Aston Villa. They have struggled on the last couple seasons of this save but have some great young regens, which is the main reason I wanted to join them, so I'm hopeful of building around them and seeing what I can do with Villa.

By going to Villa none of the players were really interested in coming with me, however I have signed 1 player from Fiorentina and the was a young english regen that was in our youth, a midfielder called Oliver Moody, he started playing a few games in the last season and was developing nicely so he joins me for 7 mil. I also take alot of my staff with me as well.

My replacement at Fiorentina was Zidane.

Apologises for the long post haha, but hope my Fiorentina save was enjoyable to read.

Edited by sedge11

For those of you who enjoy a challenge, give Spezia  a shot.

At face value the squad looks okay, with a prediction of 17th, and a finish of 15th the season previous.

I personally enjoy using the actual squad through until January, and as such my only movement was to sell Jacopo Sala, and sign Matiello from Atalanta for $150k euro. We were overachieving come early December, and had a settled first XI. Matiello decided he no longer fancied being the backup to an impressive Simone Bastoni so he was resold in January for $400k to Salernitana from memory. 

As the transfer window reopened I was greeted with a message that "Spezia were under transfer embargo until 31 December 2023". I had agreed a couple of transfers in Kasper Koszlowski for 1.8m, and Fredrik Bjorkan on a free transfer. A closer look would reveal they would join on January 1, 2024. On the field, our form was fine, as we won 10 games on the bounce from mid November into January. We would make the semifinals of the Coppa Italia before losing to Napoli (from memory), and going through a form dip.

Things would pick up again in March, with an 8 game winning streak taking us to 5th places with three games to play. Sadly we would lose all three, and finish the season in 8th, and thus missing out on European football in 22/23.

The transfer window would see some influential loanees leave the club, in Victor Kovalenko, Kevin Agudelo, Ebrima Colley, Eddy Salcedo, Mehdi Bourabia and Rey Manaj. A couple of players have returned to fill the void, and whilst promising, may be a step down in quality. Emil Holm looks to be the pick of the bunch.

We did however turn a profit of 7-8m the previous year, and the board are a dream to work with, having improved Youth Academy, Recruitment, Training and Youth Facilities two times each. Julius Beck is perhaps a promising youngster in the under 18s, and although development was slow, he spent time in the first team to aid his development. The improvements to recruitment saw some potential talents join the Primavera side - and with the embargo in place, the could see some minutes in 2023.

Between Simone Bastoni, and Guilio Maggiore, you have two fine young Italian talents to build around and a side of generally capable young players around them to help keep you afloat until the embargo has passed. I can't recommend this side enough for those who love a challenge, and enjoy youth development.

9 hours ago, davidmcain said:

For those of you who enjoy a challenge, give Spezia  a shot.

At face value the squad looks okay, with a prediction of 17th, and a finish of 15th the season previous.

I personally enjoy using the actual squad through until January, and as such my only movement was to sell Jacopo Sala, and sign Matiello from Atalanta for $150k euro. We were overachieving come early December, and had a settled first XI. Matiello decided he no longer fancied being the backup to an impressive Simone Bastoni so he was resold in January for $400k to Salernitana from memory. 

As the transfer window reopened I was greeted with a message that "Spezia were under transfer embargo until 31 December 2023". I had agreed a couple of transfers in Kasper Koszlowski for 1.8m, and Fredrik Bjorkan on a free transfer. A closer look would reveal they would join on January 1, 2024. On the field, our form was fine, as we won 10 games on the bounce from mid November into January. We would make the semifinals of the Coppa Italia before losing to Napoli (from memory), and going through a form dip.

Things would pick up again in March, with an 8 game winning streak taking us to 5th places with three games to play. Sadly we would lose all three, and finish the season in 8th, and thus missing out on European football in 22/23.

The transfer window would see some influential loanees leave the club, in Victor Kovalenko, Kevin Agudelo, Ebrima Colley, Eddy Salcedo, Mehdi Bourabia and Rey Manaj. A couple of players have returned to fill the void, and whilst promising, may be a step down in quality. Emil Holm looks to be the pick of the bunch.

We did however turn a profit of 7-8m the previous year, and the board are a dream to work with, having improved Youth Academy, Recruitment, Training and Youth Facilities two times each. Julius Beck is perhaps a promising youngster in the under 18s, and although development was slow, he spent time in the first team to aid his development. The improvements to recruitment saw some potential talents join the Primavera side - and with the embargo in place, the could see some minutes in 2023.

Between Simone Bastoni, and Guilio Maggiore, you have two fine young Italian talents to build around and a side of generally capable young players around them to help keep you afloat until the embargo has passed. I can't recommend this side enough for those who love a challenge, and enjoy youth development.

That sounds like a really fun and exciting challenge all about using the existing squad and developing the B team players and youth.

So, If I am understanding correctly, Spezia don’t start with the embargo 1’e it comes into play in Jan 2022? That means, you can buy some players early on to then develop?

6 hours ago, roas1875 said:

That sounds like a really fun and exciting challenge all about using the existing squad and developing the B team players and youth.

So, If I am understanding correctly, Spezia don’t start with the embargo 1’e it comes into play in Jan 2022? That means, you can buy some players early on to then develop?

@roas1875yeah exactly. The B team is generally weak, but there are some capable players returning from loan. 

Correct about the embargo - if I started over I would probably have made a couple signings at CM, to replace the season one loan guys. Think I had $3m and some wage budget to start. The club turns a monthly profit, so you could probably afford to stretch payment over 24 months

Ever since the Roma save from FM20 I was really fond of and thoroughly enjoyed, I find myself missing the Serie A. Booted up a Juventus save and am going to decide between either them or Dortmund for my first proper long-term save this edition. May become too easy too fast but a team of De Ligt, Vlahovic and Chiesa is too good to pass up, assuming you can keep them with you long-term instead of losing them to the Prem or Real Madrid and Barcelona.

2 hours ago, stgahoy said:

Are there any tricks to convince a player to join a club? I'm starting Milinikovic Savic mission for the summer next season - but at the very moment he is not interested in joining my team

Get players to talk about him in the press i guess. 

Okay so a fresh start in Turin, in the re-build process. Decided to twist some things at the start, despite that not being the most realistic thing probably, but let's have fun with the game

Transfers In:

- Jamal Musiala - €53M (+possible €7M in bonuses) from Bayern Munich

- Emil Audero - €2.5M from Sampdoria

Transfers Out:

- Paulo Dybala - €50M to Man City

- Mattia Perin - €3M to Dinamo Kiev

- Mattia De Sciglio - €7.5M to Roma

Dybala didnt want to talk about contract, so I decided to twist things up, and not take chances in bids in January so I offloaded him for really good money, and replaced him with someone that might not be a ready product just now, but he will be in a year or two, and I never had Musiala on FM so something new for me ;). The rest is making the wage budget a bit more healthy and as Roma sold Karsdrop to Real Madrid, they offered decent money. And the classic Perin - Audero twist ;).

Started the season really well with 5 wins and a draw in the first 6. With an incredible result vs Inter at home 5-0 victory - but to be fair they had Lautaro sent off in the 20' minute, while we were leading 1-0. Vlahović is on fire, Chiesa is a great support for him, and Musiala is getting there. Surprisingly Rabiot is one of my best performers (well F logic I guess :D). Looking forward for what's to come. Targets for the summer: Milinkovic-Savic, Castrovilli, Calafiori, and wing backup. We'll see if I can make it ;)

23 hours ago, stgahoy said:

Are there any tricks to convince a player to join a club? I'm starting Milinikovic Savic mission for the summer next season - but at the very moment he is not interested in joining my team

Make him your top target, then assign your chief scout or director of football to scout him for the next few months, then every time he plays it will come up you have scouted him. That can help to get players interested and has worked for me.

A tough season behind, but it was a very fun season, tight at the top and there was fight till the last fixture.

Seria A - we've won the league 4points clear of Inter, but on 37th fixture it was only 1point between us! I was playing Hellas Verona at home, while Inter had a home game vs Sassuolo. After a goaless first half in my game I was pretty nervous, but we managed to pull off a 2-0 win in the end, to learn that Sassuolo actually has beaten Inter 0-1. We were a real offensive threat through the season banging 103 goals - a bit inflated by some crazy games like 7-1 vs Sampdoria (In this years FM I'm having like those games where I bang like immense ammount of goals and then I go Genoa away to get a 0-0 :D)

spacer.png

Champions League - After winning the group stage, we have faced Wolfsburg in the first knockout stage winning quite easy 2-1(A) and 4-1(H).  Quarter finals we've met Real Madrid, which I kinda feared but wasn't really a case in reality. We've won 2-1 away, after Rabiots 91st minute goal, and fully controlled the game at home winning 3-0. In the semi finals we've met Liverpool, where it was the end of the road. Loosing 0-1 at Anfield and a 0-0 at home saw us knocked out.

Coppa Italia -  After beating Parma in the 1st round, we had a really unlucky draw of playing Milan in the quarter final, and... we were embarassed - loosing 1-4 at San Siro.

Transfers:

My very ambitious plans were verified a bit first with the budget availability - €60M which was okay, but I couldnt afford guys like Milinković Savić. But I've managed to work around, which in fact I think will keep the team more "healthy" budget wise. Chiellini retired with the end of the season, which meant I will need a new starter CB. And I knew I will need more depth into the team - last season proved there were periods in which I was really struggeling with players condition, espescially  November-December and April were hard, as there was not enough rotation in the team.

Transfers In:

spacer.png

To start things off - I've secured Kessie and Kamara on free transfers, the first one to become my starter DM, and Kamara will strengthen the backup of CB position additionaly covering DM if needed.  Castrovilli was my first transfer actually - I've had a deal of €15,5M accepted way back in around November but agreed to have the transfer finalised at the end of the season. Next Italian player I've brought was Esposito for €19M, I've scouted him when he still was at Basel, and actually Inter wanted to discuss terms which got me surprised, the scouts reported a fee of €13M-€18M which we settled on the high end, but I'm really happy with this one! A great rotation for Vlahović. Next on the line is Lacroix, as I mentioned Chiellini retired, Gianluca Mancini went to Newcastle, Bastoni is out of reach for Juve, so as there werent any Italian options I paid a whooping €40M for Lacroix (which was his release clausule), but I'm already really happy with him, a great partnership with De Ligt in the building process! And when I thought the transfer window is done, I reviewed the team once again, and saw I'm still lacking a bit of rotation on the wings, Asensio was transfer listed, was willing to accept a squad player role, with not a really high contract, I felt it's a really good deal here.

I've also had a deal agreed for Calafiori who I really wanted to bring into the team, as he looks like a really good prospect (one of the few Italian ones :P), fee agreed (€25M some of it in installments and bonuses), contract agreed, and... he failed the medicals :rolleyes: he was injured (3months) at the time and nothing I could do about... I would have still wanted him to join, but game decided for me that no you can't have him :(. Afterwards he signed a new deal and I doubt I will be able to approach with a reasonable deal now. So most likely I will be now turning towards a big transfer for the LB position in the summer - I'm eyeing Theo Hernandez but I'm not sure if I will want to splash big. Wanted Windal but apparently first he doesnt want to leave AZ, and 2ndly they ask for €53M (dunno why but buying someone off Eredivisie teams seems like impossible in FM, always max fees), Ajax asked for €65M for Tagliafico :eek:.

Transfer Outs:

spacer.png

Total: €101M

As of outs, a significant sell was Rabiot, who got offloaded to Madrid for €49,5M, Mandragora was a fixed fee so nothing to talk here. Pjaca, Frabotta and Ramsey (not on screenshot) happy that I at least got some money off them as they were dead wood. Rugani was not needed after I got Kamara to the rotation so also good that I got money off him. And another significant out was Demiral to Bayern for €31M - Atalanta didnt buy him out (which is a stupid FM thing :P, this would never happen IRL, but also Romero came back to them as Tottenham didnt buy him out :facepalm: ). Anyways I felt Demiral won't be needed with all the players I brought in, he had a really big role in the team, and I knew this will lead to unhappines and that I would have to sell him anyway, on the bright side he seems to join the best team in my save. Also Cuadrado left me at the end of his contract to join Real Madrid.

World:

Some teams became crazy in my save City looks just woah with Haaland, but Bayern became just a monster!

Top transfers:

spacer.png

And look what has Bayern done :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: just crazy fire power in that team. Mbappe Lewandowki Sane Gnabry Gabriel Jesus Szoboszolai Muller Coman too much talent to fit in one team.

spacer.png

Season 2

This is the team to enter the 2nd season, Im really happy with the team and look forward, I think a better LB would make this team complete for the moment. Castrovilli is a starter now, but Rovella seems to be pushing that spot really hard, and I expect him to take the starter role very fast. And Chiesa is the new number 10 :cool:

spacer.png

Edited by stgahoy

Playing with AlbinoLeffe, got promoted from Serie C in the first season which was well above expectations. Money is a bit of a problem, I don't really have much to spend and even though I got promoted I didnt't really get injection which would let me strenghten to squad significantly so I decided to put it all in the wage budget and focus on signing free agents and players available for loan. It's been a bit of struggle so far in serie B, even though we are playing really well, we were really a better team against Udinese and Bari but only got 1 point from these 2 games.

Table after first season

274940493-1085835595295736-4915616236983

Team and the tactics

Screenshot-2022-03-06-at-21-43-04.png

Transfers

Screenshot-2022-03-06-at-21-43-22.png

Currently in Serie B in the second season

Screenshot-2022-03-06-at-21-43-36.png

Edited by TheVerySpecialOne