[FM20][FM21][FM22][FM23] Calcio

zlatanera

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone playing as Juventus?

Im struggling to settle on a playing style with them, and thats through a combination of trying to rotate the side due to injuries and burnout with several old players, but also to cover up the deficiencies in the squad.

Miretti has been a real gem for me so far, playing as a creative attacking goalscorer from midfield, but Bonucci is so over the hill its not even funny, and if I didnt have the dual threat of Milik and Vlahovic digging me out of a hole in many games, we would be in trouble.

As it is, im joint top after 12 games, 28 points, level with Atalanta.

For playing style, im caught between a possession based 4-1-4-1 with two natural wingers, Cuadrado and Kostic, and a more solid 3-5-2 formation that churns out some decent results, but has been an absolute disaster away from home in the champions league.

I also feel like ive got no one I can sell to rebuild the squad. The average age needs to come down but with the tactics im using, the only players I can look to move on are massively out of favour like the loan players....Arthur, Kulusevski, possibly Rabiot or McKennie?

Its quite a tough job for a big club.

1 ora fa, Lesterfan_Cambiasso ha scritto:

Im struggling to settle on a playing style with them, and thats through a combination of trying to rotate the side due to injuries and burnout with several old players, but also to cover up the deficiencies in the squad.

Miretti has been a real gem for me so far, playing as a creative attacking goalscorer from midfield, but Bonucci is so over the hill its not even funny, and if I didnt have the dual threat of Milik and Vlahovic digging me out of a hole in many games, we would be in trouble.

For playing style, im caught between a possession based 4-1-4-1 with two natural wingers, Cuadrado and Kostic, and a more solid 3-5-2 formation that churns out some decent results, but has been an absolute disaster away from home in the champions league.

I also feel like ive got no one I can sell to rebuild the squad. The average age needs to come down but with the tactics im using, the only players I can look to move on are massively out of favour like the loan players....Arthur, Kulusevski, possibly Rabiot or McKennie?

Allegri…. Is…. Is that you?

seems more realistic than anyone could hope for

1 hour ago, Lesterfan_Cambiasso said:

I am.

Had a treamendously hard first season. Out from Europe after the group stage. Managed to win vs Napoli in the final game of the season and leapfrog them to 4th place, otherwise I'd get sacked for sure. Lot of injuries, also was labouring to find a tactical system the whole season, trying 4-4-2 then 4-2-3-1 and finally chose high possesion 4-3-3.

Best players were Vlahović, Milik, Cuadrado,Danilo, Di Maria and Locatelli.

The worst were all defenders except Bremer, Sczesny and Pogba also quite ****.

The squad for season two is like this:

image.png.281fb021e40610383d170a13141d7c44.png

And my second team is this:

image.png.f7c21e9cfe1cbfc9e6c532d9021919d6.png

Edit: Forgot about Miretti.. :D 

I'll play Rovella at DM and Miretti in his MC position. Will look to loan out Ranocchia.

Edited by luka_zg

Started with Pescara in Serie C and, wow... What a team!
Felt easy to cope Serie C, but when I lost 2 games in a row, the board said that they're watching my next games and this was kinda strange.

Now, the Dolphins are literally flying under my command, avoiding relegation and fighting for the Top 4 in Serie B.
Besides, having AS Roma as a senior affiliate is such a hand on the wheel: Volpato, Vital and Faticanti are faultless.

And Pescara's stadium is magnificent; surrounded by the Adriatic :applause:

Edited by apsychoshow

I started my Beta save with Salernitana. 

The season didn't start off very well, and I was just safely outside the relegation zone. I brought in Ogbonna and Livakovic during the winter mercato, and those two carried us up to 9th within the table. I change Piatek to a target man, and switched from a high press, to a counter attacking mid block. We had some very good results including a 2-1 win in the derby Della Campania, and 6-4 win cracker of a match at the San Siro (Piatek with a hat trick against Milan).

Now I just hope I get a decent budget to keep all these loan players, such as Piatek, Dia, Candreva, Villena, and Pirola. 

Mazzocchi is a beast on either flank. Definitely a very good wingback, that could be bought for cheap (starting salary of 3.9k weekly)

13 hours ago, SanTullo said:

I started my Beta save with Salernitana. 

The season didn't start off very well, and I was just safely outside the relegation zone. I brought in Ogbonna and Livakovic during the winter mercato, and those two carried us up to 9th within the table. I change Piatek to a target man, and switched from a high press, to a counter attacking mid block. We had some very good results including a 2-1 win in the derby Della Campania, and 6-4 win cracker of a match at the San Siro (Piatek with a hat trick against Milan).

Now I just hope I get a decent budget to keep all these loan players, such as Piatek, Dia, Candreva, Villena, and Pirola. 

Mazzocchi is a beast on either flank. Definitely a very good wingback, that could be bought for cheap (starting salary of 3.9k weekly)

Was thinking of buying Mazzocchi for Juventus as a back up option. Do you think he could play at that level?

7 ore fa, luka_zg ha scritto:

Was thinking of buying Mazzocchi for Juventus as a back up option. Do you think he could play at that level?

He would be a good squad player for you, natural on both flanks. Out performs his CA for me. Currently the best player on my mid-table Salernitana side.

Started FM 23 beta save as Padova Calcio, in a memory of buying their fake shirt in Venezia in the mid 90s (Vlaović , Lalas, Galderisi and two seasons in A to note). Managed to win serie C and Serie B, just have finished 5th in serie A. In contrary to previous italian saves, its way harder to loan decent players and even harder to extend their stay (finally it seems fixed!). Its been relatively easy few years ago to complete a decent team in C full of national u21 and u19 loanees.
After winning CL and serie A with Genoa in 22 , i have several decent italian players in mind-signed Salcedo, Esposito and Murgia during serie B season (all came as unsettled bargains). One Padova player is worth to note- Tommaso Ghirardello. Initially in u19 squad, but truly a superb player - IRL seen him featuring on Padovas bench in the last games.

image.thumb.png.181513c1e4c1777fc761c8594efae13f.pngimage.thumb.png.54cc94b99a3f417783f9314e0f9675b2.pngimage.thumb.png.c3935019797ff0f516dc8999fe1d225f.pngimage.thumb.png.c36cb3ae0a66febacd20b79b88fe2ffa.pngimage.thumb.png.49841affbf7cf6bdfee2c1b6b0e744d2.png

image.thumb.png.1e1cc4a741da04a818b258f9106f16a1.png

Edited by Kostropaty

image.thumb.png.ceb8a0c956381ebbf7e06fa0fc4b42e9.pngEnd of my 4 th and last season as Padova Manager. Been approached by struggling but favourite Toro, after some hesitation i ve accepted the job after the season. Well , ive been sitting mid table, participating in Europa League having the game vs Bilbao in perspective (which i didnt expect to win). Won the cup, got them into the Champions League just to leave for Torino who are 3 pts above the drop in 37 th week. It means business, isnt it? Ghirardello finally recevied his Italian call up, my fav FM23 player already.

17 minutes ago, LucasBR said:

Hey Mate, how did you put the background on your game? Looks really nice.

FM23 Base Skin Transparent 

FM23 Backgrounds (by stevemc) - (I'm still using his backgrounds from FM22 - not sure if he's uploaded all of this year's yet, but I expect he will today or soon)

I will probably also use stevemc's skin, which is based on the FM23 Baseskin Transparent with a few tweaks.   Its what I've used for a few years.  I really like the transparent skins w backgrounds.  

Just now, DominicForza said:

FM23 Backgrounds (by stevemc) - (I'm still using his backgrounds from FM22 - not sure if he's uploaded all of this year's yet, but I expect he will today or soon)

I will probably also use stevemc's skin, which is based on the FM23 Baseskin Transparent with a few tweaks.   Its what I've used for a few years.  I really like the transparent skins w backgrounds.  

That's great man, thanks for sharing!

2 hours ago, DominicForza said:

I’ll have it all uploaded this evening 👍🏻

2 ore fa, Daws88 ha scritto:

Anyone gone for any of the big Serie A sides yet? 

Tempted for my annual Roma save...on the beta they never managed to sign Gini after his loan. 

No, but Roma won the scudetto during the second season of my Salerno beta save. Lazio finished 8th, which got Sarri sacked:(

Il y a 2 heures, Daws88 a dit :

Tempted for my annual Roma save...on the beta they never managed to sign Gini after his loan. 

Inter seems interesting with many youngsters (the carboni brothers...) and an aging squad. 

45 minutes ago, evilpimp972 said:

Inter seems interesting with many youngsters (the carboni brothers...) and an aging squad. 

Very true. They have a lot of high potential youth players. Big rebuild, impossible to keep Lukaku and then the financial issues too....

3 ore fa, Daws88 ha scritto:

I’m going for my annual udinese save in a couple of days. So much talent this year…

12 hours ago, TheVerySpecialOne said:

Guys do you know where to download SERIE D, I'd like to manage Livorno but there's none to download.

You could simulate first season until teams are decided for next season and repeat until they're promoted. I don't believe there is an Official Serie D add on yet

I have started a Torino save for the first time in my FM career. I follow them quite closely as they are my second team in Italy, my in-laws live in Torino so I've spent considerable time there--great city.

However, I'm off to a pretty bad start. The squad is suited to a 3/5 man defence which I never use in FM, but I've decided to give it a go this time. I've been fiddling a lot with the tactic after we had horrendous first 5 games (1 point) and have arrived at something like this, with rigid counter attacking instructions.

GK(D)
        CD(D) - CD(C) - CD(D)
WB(A) - DM(D) - DLP(S) - WB(S)
                SS(A) - AM(S)
                      AF(A)

Having the attacking midfielders sit narrow is working a lot better for me than having them playing outwide. I am currently in the World Cup break, and having had the first transfer window turned off I want to make some changes in January. I am looking at left wing back competition for Ola Aina, a deep midfield rotation for Samuele Ricci and Sasa Lukic and maybe trying to make Nikola Vlasic (my star player, on loan from West Ham) permanent, but he has quite a high clause of 13 millions, when I have only been given 2 millions to spend. There will be some outgoings though. We are currently sitting in 17th place but the board is giving me more time--hoping that we can turn this around. It's a struggle, but still good fun!

Edited by Sysiphus

Il 10/11/2022 in 23:04 , WilsonJuve ha scritto:

Love a Udinese save. Had a brilliant time there in last years game and as you said a lot of young talent.

This is the first year of Pafundi in the game (the younger brother) and he looks already a great rotation for Deulofeu at 16. Pure talent, and just got called up to italian national team yesterday. Totally unexpected, but he was crushing it in under 17 last month

12 ore fa, WilsonJuve ha scritto:

Serie B is looking an intriguing prospect this year. The teams are the most competitive I have seen in a long time. Lot of talented and historic clubs to choose from. Im debating starting my annual Italian save there. 

There are some good options in Serie C too, many teams with history. I will do a Rimini save later on in the year (my hometown) for sure

Edited by Raymond85

14 ore fa, WilsonJuve ha scritto:

Serie B is looking an intriguing prospect this year. The teams are the most competitive I have seen in a long time. Lot of talented and historic clubs to choose from. Im debating starting my annual Italian save there. 

Serie A due as I like to call it.

3 minutes ago, Adzke said:

How is Fagioli, Soulé, and Miretti rated on the new FM? Can someone post a screenshot of them?

All 3 are very good Miretti in particular he has a variable PA which can make him one of the best in world from what I have seen.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

@WilsonJuve

Soulé still seems a bit underrated to me 🙈 He seems like such a great lad...

Fagioli looks sort of like the jack-of-all-trades as in real life, I still wonder what kind of player he will turn in to. Seems a bit like Marchisio's career projectory to me.

Miretti looks crazy!

Finally decided on my Italian team for FM23.......Cesena. There is a few reasons why I have chosen this particular club. 

1. I have managed there in the past and failed.
2. The standard of the youth facilities and youth recruitment not only for the division but the whole of Italian football as youth will play a big part.
3. Lack of silverware. Despite a few seasons in both Serie B and Serie A they have never won any of the competitions or any domestic or European trophies.
4.They have a set of identical twins at the club who both look very usable.

So the aim as always will be an eventual Serie A trophy and hopefully some form of European success with the Champions League being the pinnacle. But I don't want the usual save where sometimes success comes a little too early so there will be certain rules I will stick to throughout the save. 

1. Always have one youth player in the staying XI and at least one named on the substitute bench. (Starting from the first youth intake)
2. Always have a positive net spend in each transfer window. 
3. Only loan in a maximum of one player per season. 

Depending on how the save plays out more things may be added to mould the save in a different direction but im just delighted to be back managing in Italy once again. I may be English but my love for the leagues always brings me back. 

53 minutes ago, WilsonJuve said:

Finally decided on my Italian team for FM23.......Cesena. There is a few reasons why I have chosen this particular club. 

2. The standard of the youth facilities and youth recruitment not only for the division but the whole of Italian football as youth will play a big part.
3. Lack of silverware. Despite a few seasons in both Serie B and Serie A they have never won any of the competitions or any domestic or European trophies.

So the aim as always will be an eventual Serie A trophy and hopefully some form of European success with the Champions League being the pinnacle. But I don't want the usual save where sometimes success comes a little too early so there will be certain rules I will stick to throughout the save. 

1. Always have one youth player in the staying XI and at least one named on the substitute bench. (Starting from the first youth intake)

Depending on how the save plays out more things may be added to mould the save in a different direction but im just delighted to be back managing in Italy once again. I may be English but my love for the leagues always brings me back. 

You could start with Amadori in the first team straight away, looks a good prospect 

3 minutes ago, Chr1s Lawson said:

You could start with Amadori in the first team straight away, looks a good prospect 

Yeah hopefully he stays he is wanted by 16 clubs at the start including the likes of Sassualo and is only on a youth contract just waiting to see his contract reply. His current ability seems a good bit behind the two older starters though so he will probably get cup games and bench time. Even Shpendi beats him in almost every department and he will be rotated but is realistically 5th best. 

1 hour ago, WilsonJuve said:

Keep us updated. 

Ive started a save with Dresden in Germany, but something keeps pulling me to Italy and Triestina. Bundesliga can be a bit dull but Serie A is so interesting. We will see what happens. I may end up in Italy :lol:

10 minutes ago, wicksyFM said:

Keep us updated. 

Ive started a save with Dresden in Germany, but something keeps pulling me to Italy and Triestina. Bundesliga can be a bit dull but Serie A is so interesting. We will see what happens. I may end up in Italy :lol:

I certainly will. Ironic too I always mean to start a save in Germany but I don't give myself chance to get into it then head back to Italy. It just has a thing over me. Italian football in the 90s, 00s was something special.

On 11/11/2022 at 12:48, Sysiphus said:

I have started a Torino save.

However, I'm off to a pretty bad start. We are currently sitting in 17th place but the board is giving me more time--hoping that we can turn this around. It's a struggle, but still good fun!

Unfortunately sacked! We had a difficult schedule in Jan after the World Cup and couldn't manage to turn our fortunes. It's the first time I've been sacked in FM in the last 4-5 editions I think and to be honest I quite like it. It seems that I have to put more effort into tactics and micromanagement now, and that's a good challenge. I tried the 3-man defence with Torino which I usually do not use and got nowhere close to getting it to work, let's see what my next team brings. I will be starting a new game rather than continuing this. Think I'm going to give the Scottish league a go.