• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, turgi said:

Under-performing is an understatement.

That's what makes it so easy.

image.thumb.png.825b6ef8fa9fc001967cbca0c84790c7.png

image.thumb.png.e8464cc2e6378d7ce714f07b0476e311.png

Pretty much same here mate, I'm managing Roma and in this save I've managed to beat Juve in a certain way that had never happened before :lol:

3 minutes ago, LucasBR said:

Pretty much same here mate, I'm managing Roma and in this save I've managed to beat Juve in a certain way that had never happened before :lol:

I have played 6 times vs Juve.

Won 4/4 in the league. In the cup I won 4-0 away from home and played the kids in the second leg, lost 1-0.

1 minute ago, turgi said:

I have played 6 times vs Juve.

Won 4/4 in the league. In the cup I won 4-0 away from home and played the kids in the second leg, lost 1-0.

I've played against Juve in 5 occasions, won 3, drew 1 and lost 1, this had never happened before in the first 2 seasons. Same as against Inter, I've played them 6 times and won 5.

26 minutes ago, LucasBR said:

I've played against Juve in 5 occasions, won 3, drew 1 and lost 1, this had never happened before in the first 2 seasons. Same as against Inter, I've played them 6 times and won 5.

Isn't this normal since you would have gotten stronger? It is their results overall that should be indicative if they had regressed, especially if they lost too many players.

22 minutes ago, quee said:

Isn't this normal since you would have gotten stronger? It is their results overall that should be indicative if they had regressed, especially if they lost too many players.

I've got stronger, yes, but I was able to beat them in my first season, this had never happened before, that's what I'm saying.

48 minutes ago, LucasBR said:

I've got stronger, yes, but I was able to beat them in my first season, this had never happened before, that's what I'm saying.

In my save they haven't won the last 3 serie A but have been a close 2nd. I expect it to be slightly worse this season as Cristiano Ronaldo has just retired.

52 minutes ago, WilsonJuve said:

In my save they haven't won the last 3 serie A but have been a close 2nd. I expect it to be slightly worse this season as Cristiano Ronaldo has just retired.

Just realised its actually the other half of the city thats struggling. Im in september 2023 and Torino are playing in Serie B currently 12th after 7 game they finished 18th in Serie A 2022/23 season.

Well a slight update from the current season. We have had another amazing start to the league with only a 3-2 away defeat to AC Milan stopping our perfect record. Im taking nothing for granted though as in my first season we won our first 18 games but only claimed the title by head to head record over Juventus. As you can see from the screenshot below Im sure something sticks out like a sore thumb and that is Moise Kean's form since returning. Sadly we have just lost Allan for 4-5 month with a broken leg and we have a real lack of depth in that department. We only have to survive another 3 games before we can sign a emergency player in on loan.
27632CA00091AD6FB1446B11B610F2F2C39003D9
Moise Kean is not only scoring shedloads in the league. He also has an amazing record in the Champions League this season as you can see in the image below.
B9A2725BCBDE936DBF95363153B907E6C774C268

1 hour ago, WilsonJuve said:

27632CA00091AD6FB1446B11B610F2F2C39003D9

Sad to see Monza in 19th. If/when I leave the club I brought to Serie A I obsessively check in to see every move their new manager makes, usually with dismay. I feel like I need to make moves now to help Bari stay up if/when I leave in a season or two in anticipation of whoever replaces me not doing nearly as good a job...

15 minutes ago, Weston said:

Napoli have just sold 170 mil worth of players in January. Wow...

image.thumb.png.1190e4c5b1c50ece03cb9f17bc542517.png

Yeah if monza bid or offer to loan a player I always accept. Im looking to return at some point down the line. And Benfica is the team to be on my save for player sales   they have had windows where they have sold £217m and £300m. Since the start of the game they have spent £271m and sold £903m and thats in pounds which is more than euro. And they still manage to win the league year on year too. And there transfer budget is INSANE check the pics.......
37E492D2F8C81389C753B2333EC774D0D0A714CFFEE3EB5D748E6967AA22441FA19FA818161EC5B78CDE2DD0164D417CF8E6D4FEA123ACFA316DB56C01C2D7C790F95B0E5826174C9918C359EED8C192FB133A442FC3206877A199DD77FAB4B9549C4C230B239C6840F9A48AC0528791D352366DAC4C9135

That's wild. I find in general that Portugal is a very underrated nation to scout and sign from. They have a lot of talent to pull from, the newgens are amazing, and the fees are often lower overall.

From Benfica I've used Penetra in the past and have loaned Pedro Alvaro multiple seasons in this save. A save or two ago it was their manager who beat me for the Juve job.

I just got a board takeover with A.C. Milan (january 2022), they bought zaniolo and Antony for a combined fee of 270 million pounds 🤯 Do not really need any of them and the latter cannot play because of the foreign player registration rule. Never had this happen before (could not cancel any of the deals), but adds a challenge I guess. Starting to see an Italian spine form in the team. Dunnaruma, Romagnoli, Tonali, Zaniolo and Chiesa.

2 minutes ago, Vizzini said:

I just got a board takeover with A.C. Milan (january 2022), they bought zaniolo and Antony for a combined fee of 270 million pounds 🤯 Do not really need any of them and the latter cannot play because of the foreign player registration rule. Never had this happen before (could not cancel any of the deals), but adds a challenge I guess. Starting to see an Italian spine form in the team. Dunnaruma, Romagnoli, Tonali, Zaniolo and Chiesa.

2 good signings, at least! I would love to have them, especially Antony. Though not sure about the prices :eek:

In my first season, there were talks about a takeover in August 2019 (2-3 times I think), but I haven't heard any since.

49 minutes ago, Vizzini said:

Wow, that's... a lot. Antony doesn't look that special on my save so he must be better in yours? Can you find a way to work them in your system somehow or are they glaringly out of place?

Worse still, not being able to register Antony sounds like a bug. I would raise it there - the board shouldn't be dropping that much money on someone they can't play.

Yeah, both of them completely overpriced, but luckily it did not come out of my balance. I think Zaniolo fits in nicely as an AM-S, as he also has some great traits. Antony, I don't know, may have to tweak my system slightly. I agree that it may be a bug, so will raise it later. On a side note, it was a consortium led by former Man Utd-flop Zoran Tosic who bought the club.

REGGINA 1914

Buon Natale!

Christmas is upon the Serie C, and so far my Reggina side are crushing any resistance on our way to the Lega Pro Girone C title. If not for two 0-0 hiccups, we would have been 19-for-19, led by a superb block three in defense, and a lethal Germán Denis up front.

LEAGUE TABLE

Spoiler

1VYdeWU.png

In the Coppa Italia, things have been going equally well. I first dispatched Mantova, and then amazingly Fiorentina on penalties at the Artemio Franchi! I then beat out Carpi in the 4th Qualifying Round, and I am now up against a Torino side which are currently sitting in 6th position in Serie A, so I figure that will be my final destination.

The finances are looking bleak at the moment, and I haven't quite figured out how I am going to turn it around, as I have no real prospects to sell in the summer. I did however get to upgrade both my junior coaching and my youth recruitment in the autumn, and having just received this message, I hope to get some much needed potential from the youth ranks. I have been fooled by a so called golden generation before though, so I am not getting my hopes up to much...

FINANCES

Spoiler

2dtYfpr.png

YOUTH INTAKE

Spoiler

d3sQxJG.png

As for the players, Germán Denis is doing really well, and I hope El Tanque has what it takes in Serie B. Even at age 39.  Gabriele Rolando is doing really well at right wingback. The one disappointment in form has to be Mansour, who despite being singled out by my assistant on a weekly basis in training hasn't really produced on the pitch this season.

PLAYERS

Spoiler

hNWH6L4.png

pOnmG7A.png

FGi7FiB.png

SHy4IEN.png

9 minutes ago, Adzke said:

pOnmG7A.png

Looks good for the lower leagues, would even be a decent player for Serie A! Still have time to get better as well, so can be a good long term player for you.

Great result against Fiorentina! And that defence! 4 goals conceded :applause:

Halfway through the season we're doing pretty well! At first I was a little nervous that my board expected a midtable finish when the media was predicting I would finish 16th/17th, but I'm happy to see we're exceeding all expectations and are even challenging for Europe. (It's later in the year than normal because the World Cup paused the league in November/December.)

I'm shocked that I beat Juve for their only defeat (why couldn't it have been Inter instead?!). There seems to be a pretty decent gulf between the top half and midtable, so I can look forward without too much fear of dropping down. 

image.thumb.png.2378297c2832d8920ffb6e4371300d10.png

I'm a bit confused because the 7th place spot is not highlighted for continental competition, but the rules seem to say it's a playoff spot for the new 3rd tier one? Has anyone else experienced this yet? I'm a little intimidated by the thought of qualifying for Europe so early, so I haven't been thinking about it, and am actually taking things "one game at a time" like we're supposed to say. Better that than really hope for it and be disappointed, I guess.

image.thumb.png.6cc8e4868310f0f2591ef4fedd8a30ca.png

Two highlights include the below players I got on release clauses, Thiago for 6.75m and Gonzalez for 3.4m. I didn't own any strikers as I've been loaning them in at a much higher quality level than I can afford outright, so I felt this was a good opportunity to start investing in some now that I'm in Serie A. This is more than I've ever spent, but I think they were good deals, especially because they're young and their wages were reasonable.

image.thumb.png.81dcab32aba0d44ebe7bcb390ed45621.png

image.thumb.png.a43636b7482ba3392a353887efb95961.png

20+ clubs were interested in both, so I jumped the gun and signed them before the January window opened to beat the competition. Unfortunately there is this really annoying issue with the game that does not allow loan deals to be arranged outside of windows like transfers can, so I was not able to include the loan back clause (I've been begging them to fix this for years). So when they arrived in January I obviously had no room for them, and offered them for loans. This made them resent me, and no club offered because they weren't interested. So I had to use the editor (which I hate to do, because it feels like cheating and ruins immersion) to undo their resentment of me and manually move them back on loan to their old clubs like I'd intended from the start. They will join me in the summer as if they are new signings, which I'm excited for.

I used my remaining two non-EU slots to bring them in this year, but if I'm understanding the rules correctly (which I may not be because they're infamously unclear), since they will be out on loan on June 30th, they should not count towards next year's count, even though they will then come back on July 1st and join the squad. I'm unsure if I'm doing this correctly as I had to manually set the return date and loans within Europe usually end on June 30th, but their transfer window and mine both continue beyond this point, so in theory I could recall them at any point, and recalling them does not appear to count as signing them, unless I'm really misunderstanding things. I'm going to be really annoyed if it counts them anyway, but even if I can't register them, I don't need to, because they're U22, right..?

Edited by Weston

13 minutes ago, WilsonJuve said:

Just noticed on my save the club world championship hasnt been played since the 2021 im now in 2024 it says the next draw is due may 2025 is this normal?

Hm, I have the same thing too. Maybe there's a global pandemic?

image.thumb.png.65fe0a5394efb375ffeb3dc2cb885c5f.png

In all seriousness, you should see if anyone has raised this issue before. Maybe it's a bug.

3 minutes ago, Weston said:

Hm, I have the same thing too. Maybe there's a global pandemic?

image.thumb.png.65fe0a5394efb375ffeb3dc2cb885c5f.png

In all seriousness, you should see if anyone has raised this issue before. Maybe it's a bug.

Just read somewhere its every 4 years now bit stupid IMO

Oh yeah, I think I vaguely remember seeing the two Madrid clubs play each other in the last one because they reformatted it somehow. Strange. Oh well, good to know it's not a bug.

The new tournament, planned to start in 2021, would be held every four years instead of annually, would feature 24 teams and 31 matches. It would include all UEFA Champions League winners, UEFA Champions League runners-up, Europa League winners and Copa Libertadores winners from the four seasons up to and including the year of the event, with the remainder qualifying from the other four confederations.[134] Along with a new Nations League competition, revenues of $25 billion would be expected during the period from 2021 to 2033.[135]

The new format.

Guys i need some help.

I have bought to many non EU players. As of now, i have 3 players. I have loaned out 2 others, which gaveroom for my CB Aldair Zarur. 

But i wanted room for Renato Augusto. What can i do? Anyone got a fix, or maybe im overlooking something? Apparently, when i loaned a guy out, i auto selected Aldair Zarur, as the next non eu player, but i wanted Renato. Renato is one of the finest talents in the entire game, and i was so lucky to get him.

image.thumb.png.65d58a6d9b6393ccdb0c198aaddb305a.pngimage.thumb.png.46aff67efaace7f6cfc44fd2ccc8ddb4.png

image.png

11 minutes ago, n1mez said:

But i wanted room for Renato Augusto. What can i do? Anyone got a fix, or maybe im overlooking something? Apparently, when i loaned a guy out, i auto selected Aldair Zarur, as the next non eu player, but i wanted Renato. Renato is one of the finest talents in the entire game, and i was so lucky to get him.

Loaning out Aldair won't fix it I think? The game always treated the non-EU in the order the player was brought in, from my experience.

If Renato still can't be registered, going out on-loan would be the only option, as he won't even get to play in the u20s I believed.

Well theres the end of my 2nd season at Napoli. We managed to secure a second Scudetto but struggled to match our heroics of last season. Real Madrid got revenge for there defeat in the Champions League final last season and dumped us out at the semi final stage. We were knocked out of the Italian Cup in the Quarter Final after losing at home to Ac Milan 1-0 which was extremely dissapointing. (Lazio went on to win it) We also struggled in the Italian Supercup thankfully a late goal in extra time gave us the victory over Bologna. And we did manage to win the European Supercup with a 1-0 victory over Tottenham.
E40164A2AF70C20AD867E80E902187D0EE80671EBF5286B63CC2C4E9FFC460BD3AB87678DF47454A76A305DD303229D4B83E0B78D540F68081A80AE4
The player and signing of the season is without doubt MOISE KEAN. He smashed the Serie A goalscoring record scoring 45 goals including 4 in the final game of the season. Across all competitions he managed 60 goals. He finished top scorer in the Champions League and came runner up for World Player of the year and the Ballon D'or. His performances earned him numerous other awards throughout the season.
1D8709AA6E78279CCB17B4E1DD6E52B3B1D56B594C170FEF2F932DE1EE47B4EA8E95816C9A324AB38DEA815E8615D11378474CD3D93B7144EC5E69A8
As I said though there was a few negatives the competitions that we did not win, the fact we conceded twice the amount of goals in the league than we did last season. Some of our stars souch as Allan and Koulibaly are constantly becoming homesick and disrupting morale. There is certainly a lot of rebuilding to do but I have to find the right balance between letting too many go or too many join at once. @quee sadly Parma leave the league this season after managing only 16 points all season. Hopefully they can do as Torino did and bounce straight back. If not who knows I may be tempted to help them in the future. Also @Weston Juventus finally sacked Sarri mid season after 3 seasons without a Scudetto I applied but they turned me down because it would have been too controversial to hire a rival manager........

1 hour ago, quee said:

Loaning out Aldair won't fix it I think? The game always treated the non-EU in the order the player was brought in, from my experience.

If Renato still can't be registered, going out on-loan would be the only option, as he won't even get to play in the u20s I believed.

That is What i feared. Problem is nobody wanna loan him now since he just joined.

9 minutes ago, john1 said:

Fantastic to see this thread going strong :applause: I am tempted to start new save in Italy, but not sure who? Any advices? Something like will need rebuilding the squad..

Depends where you are wanting to start. I started with Monza in Serie C and whilst no rebuilding was needed the first season we needed it to get out of Serie B and stay in Serie A when we got promoted. If your just thinking about the top league then Brescia are a good shout keeping Tonali, Balotelli upfront. Theres also Udinese missing something special since Di Natale left but have some good players if nurtured properly. Parma are a fantastic choice which some of the guys on here have covered. Your slightly better options are Torino, Fiorentina even Roma are on a rebuild.

Finding the Udinese save a bit unfun after loaning those Watford players we are now sitting in 4th after 16 games. No way I will continue so now I am thinking of dropping a level to Serie B (not really ready to go the depths of Serie C).

As usual now comes the struggle of picking out a team to play with, my criteria being in order of importance:

- never won anything of importance;

- cool badge, kits and color scheme;

- not having lots of loaned in players;

- have not played before with them in any edition of FM

After a roughly application of those, far I have on the shortlist in order of preferences:

- Crotone - teams from the South haven-t really excelled lately in Serie A.

- Ascoli - little club but well run in the past, a small and cozy town for support.

- Livorno - can we sort out the mess this club has become and return to Serie A, eventually toppling Fiorentina as the best Tuscany team.

- Cittadella - the only one who never been top flight before, seem to do well by themselves and seen them promoted in other previous saves on FM20.

1D8709AA6E78279CCB17B4E1DD6E52B3B1D56B59

Brilliant season that - did you do anything special to manage him like subbing off or anything? I always seem to find strikers in that kind of form just hit a patch in the season where they forget how to score and it all ends up even unless I rotate quite hard in this FM.

Also out of curiosity if he was runner up for Ballon D'or what monster won it?

Just now, Stackalee said:

Brilliant season that - did you do anything special to manage him like subbing off or anything? I always seem to find strikers in that kind of form just hit a patch in the season where they forget how to score and it all ends up even unless I rotate quite hard in this FM.

Also out of curiosity if he was runner up for Ballon D'or what monster won it?

First off Mbappe won the Ballon D'or but the only reason he did is because of when the award is given (late december it takes into account the form from the previous season then upto that point to a degree. And even though his 2022 stats at Everton were decent Mbappe average rating was higher as seen in the screenshot.
C2F4DF9E17F7B6BE350910AD527B31388DD8A335
As for the question about did I do anything special No not at all. I played him in the same formation I played Milik last season. Who only managed 19 goals. It just seemed to click for him this year. Nearly every game was a goal. And on this years game so far I have never seen anybody convert as many one on one chances as he did. It did seem to have an effect on my 2nd striker throughout the season I found consistency there to be an issue. My wonderkid had his worst season to date scoring only 2 in 23 starts plus 4 sub appearances. Insigne faired better with 10 in 14 starts plus 11 as sub. But Kean was a class apart.

4 minutes ago, WilsonJuve said:

First off Mbappe won the Ballon D'or

As for the question about did I do anything special No not at all.

I see the average rating is a bit higher but so many more goals, your boy got robbed!

That's cool - I see you're a few years in would you mind posting a screenshot of Kean's attributes (unless I'm blind and you already did)? It occurs to me that I'm comparing him to players I've used up to about 2021 so I may be being unfair on them.

4 minutes ago, Stackalee said:

I see the average rating is a bit higher but so many more goals, your boy got robbed!

That's cool - I see you're a few years in would you mind posting a screenshot of Kean's attributes (unless I'm blind and you already did)? It occurs to me that I'm comparing him to players I've used up to about 2021 so I may be being unfair on them.

BC41C6392C6DADEF997453A2ADCB69C7F9B0DA51
Thats as he is right now. You canSee from the stats at the bottom he just had a decent Euro 2024 too so hopefully the form will carry over into the new season.

1 minute ago, WilsonJuve said:

Thats as he is right now. You canSee from the stats at the bottom he just had a decent Euro 2024 too so hopefully the form will carry over into the new season.

Thanks - ah he is class fair play, love that he is brutally aggressive.

BC41C6392C6DADEF997453A2ADCB69C7F9B0DA51

Could you share your tactics and adjustments to opponents?

7 hours ago, john1 said:

Fantastic to see this thread going strong :applause: I am tempted to start new save in Italy, but not sure who? Any advices? Something like will need rebuilding the squad..

Welcome back, John!

I remembered you were amongst the active players in the FM19 Calcio thread and was very welcoming when I first started :D

Interesting which save you will go with now.

We need @ajt back as well :lol:

7 hours ago, n1mez said:

That is What i feared. Problem is nobody wanna loan him now since he just joined.

What about your affiliate?

This was a big problem for me in FM19, I just keep buying non-EU players. Now I'm following the rules closely. :D

7 hours ago, Muttley84 said:

- Ascoli - little club but well run in the past, a small and cozy town for support.

- Livorno - can we sort out the mess this club has become and return to Serie A, eventually toppling Fiorentina as the best Tuscany team.

- Cittadella - the only one who never been top flight before, seem to do well by themselves and seen them promoted in other previous saves on FM20.

I think Livorno is the biggest team out of those 4?

From your descriptions, I would go with Livorno or Cittadella. Though I'm unfamiliar with all 4 teams' players.

Will check them out in the game later.

11 hours ago, WilsonJuve said:

Also @Weston Juventus finally sacked Sarri mid season after 3 seasons without a Scudetto I applied but they turned me down because it would have been too controversial to hire a rival manager........

That's silly. I would hate for that to happen to me and I can't imagine Juve would ever turn down a scudetto-winning manager for that reason. I didn't even apply for the Milan job as I knew there was too much left in the season for them to wait for me when there were higher reputation free agents available.

I see my boy Gianluca Gaetano came third in the scoring charts! Would you mind taking a screenshot of him for me out of curiosity? Interested to see how he looks compared to my own. I feel like he's definitely been stronger in previous iterations but he's still doing a job for me this time around.

image.thumb.png.4152c873de0fe4907165881384ba6393.png

10 hours ago, john1 said:

How willing are you to do lower leagues?

10 hours ago, Muttley84 said:

Finding the Udinese save a bit unfun after loaning those Watford players we are now sitting in 4th after 16 games. No way I will continue so now I am thinking of dropping a level to Serie B (not really ready to go the depths of Serie C).

As usual now comes the struggle of picking out a team to play with, my criteria being in order of importance:

- never won anything of importance;

- cool badge, kits and color scheme;

- not having lots of loaned in players;

- have not played before with them in any edition of FM

After a roughly application of those, far I have on the shortlist in order of preferences:

Crotone are cool because they're sharks, and Livorno are a leftist club which is cool. That's all I got on those.

What about Venezia? They're in a beautiful city, they have a unique color scheme, an ambitious American-Italian owner who's taken them up from Serie D with two straight promotions, and they play in this beauty accessible mostly by boat:

image.thumb.png.7066464be70587047815412f7d27414a.png

image.thumb.png.25e0d6aa23872398c60a8eb5ca487c1e.png

image.thumb.png.b343a450872674f80d68f9aa498a1205.png

Though they're planning this:

image.thumb.png.61882ed4fd71b93dda0ffe6dc0a82a3a.png