[FM20][FM21][FM22][FM23] Calcio

zlatanera

6 minutes ago, WilsonJuve said:

*EDIT Just looked in the club history screen and Despite my heroics im only favoured personnel. Kean is in the legend category after one season. :eek:

That's quick! Never seen that before. That's before or after the Fan's Player of The Year Award?

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, quee said:

That's quick! Never seen that before. That's before or after the Fan's Player of The Year Award?

It was at the start of the  new season after I noticed. Must be for all the records he has broken. The game must rate them highly behind the scenes.

Edited by WilsonJuve

3 hours ago, quee said:

Trying to keep track of who's managing who in this thread since the beginning (who has posted at least an update here):

Still playing as Cesena but I guess I'm on ignore because of all my abusive transfer activity. :lol:

5 minutes ago, WilsonJuve said:

It was at the start of the  new season after I noticed. Must be for all the records he has broken. The game must rate them highly behind the scenes.

If Kean got into Favoured Personnel during the season, then he won the Fan's PoTY Award, then he would jumped into Icons straight afterwards (I had this in FM19 with Despodov, he got into Favoured Personnel in his 2nd/3rd season, then after the award he went straight up as Icons).

But for Kean to go straight to Legends is unheard of (for me, at least) :D

Edited by quee

7 hours ago, Fraser said:

The plan:  I’m not someone who likes loaning players in, as I don’t see the point of developing a player for someone else’s benefit when I can give the playing time to a contracted player.  However, in season 1 for Genoa I am going to have to utilise those loan players, as they make up so much of my squad.

I get what you mean here, but I wouldn't worry about wasting effort on loaned players too much. I've loaned players many players in Serie C that I renewed in Serie B, renewed in Serie A, and then signed on a free, so all that development was never for nothing, even if a few of the best did leave me. For every player you lose after loaning there's another free agent waiting to be signed to take his place anyway, in my experience.

Then again it is a different dynamic if you're starting in Serie A, I suppose. See if you can negotiate in some optional transfer clauses so you know you can pull the trigger later on if you want?

Edited by Weston

4 hours ago, john1 said:

Thanks for all your suggestions guys :D I have gone for.......

PescaraCalcio.png

I remember they was in Serie A and had Verratti, on their books and known for their academy I believe? My first choice was Palermo but the league they are in isn't on the game :( 

Pescara are fun! I've managed them before. If you're really set on Palermo, though, you can download an extended database that allows you to start in Serie D, which I did with Bari last year, or you can start unemployed, holiday for a year so Palermo get promoted to Serie C, and then use the editor to make yourself their manager just as if you started the game a year later.

4 hours ago, quee said:

Only choice is to wait for the 2nd season or download the customised DB. Haven't tried it, though Palermo is in Serie C in my save at the moment (I didn't do the reload thing for them to get promoted).

Before Tonali at Brescia, Verratti at Pescara was the player to get. Feels like yesterday! :D

4 hours ago, john1 said:

Haha, good old days! Bring back good memories :lol::D 

Pescara were famous for the triple threat of Verratti, Insigne, and Immobile propelling them to Serie A. They lost all three, however, and thus became the first club to win Serie B and then fail to remain in Serie A in some years. Usually the clubs that go up are just mediocre enough to keep the players that got them there, but Pescara flew too close to the sun and never really recovered.

2 hours ago, Weston said:

Pescara are fun! I've managed them before. If you're really set on Palermo, though, you can download an extended database that allows you to start in Serie D, which I did with Bari last year, or you can start unemployed, holiday for a year so Palermo get promoted to Serie C, and then use the editor to make yourself their manager just as if you started the game a year later.

I was tempted to do that, but kind of rather start in first season than rebuilding Palermo in second season.

5bdd77e510c230786888dc54b8182552.png 

Fun times ahead? :rolleyes:

Recruitment wise, haven't really brought anyone into the squad, apart bringing in couple coaches and scouts and with  HOYD, signing few young players for u'20.

Edited by john1

Well I certainly didnt expect this little update but here goes......during pre-season of the current campaign I asked the board to improve the youth facilities and the youth funding for the club as one of the club visions was to have the best youth system in the country. I had failed this the last 2 seasons so wanted to put it right the board oddly declined both demands so I left it at that. I was also still annoyed my chance to join and rebuild Juventus was knocked back due to me managing Napoli. Therefore I have taken the decision to leave Italy and take the Chelsea manager position. I will return to Italy again in the future but needed some time away to hopefully bag the Juventus role. Chelsea have finished 7th 5th 5th the last three seasons so no Champions League football but the youth talent they have is unreal. LAUTARO MARTINEZ (26) FABIO SILVA (21) EDUARDO CAMAVIGNA (21) JOAO FELIX (24) JADON SANCHO (24) GONCALO RAMOS (23) DAYOT UPAMECANO (25) and thats without the fantastic regens. Also England is my home country so it would be nice to win the Premier League before returning back to Italy. Really enjoyed my 2 seasons at Monza and the 2 year at Napoli.

Just a short update. Managed to snag the title one round ahead of time.

The real challenge begins now, as I fear Germán Denis won't be able to score 26 goals in Serie B...

Has anyone had Miguel Maza? I was too slow, and didn't sign him even though his contract was expiring. He looks like a really good player.

suqTyjb.png

Edited by Adzke

So, it looks like there will be a title race this year as well...

bilde.thumb.png.77c15f0e7157dace00e721a4b4cba093.png

Last year I won with 91 points, 2 points ahead of Lazio, who has fallen of a cliff this year (they just sacked Simone Inzaghi).
Edit: Just smashed Real Madrid 4-1 at home in the quarter final of the Champions League (6-4 aggregate score) and this guy scored a hattrick:

bilde.thumb.png.d1a71ae42bd1839022f8616970cbfeca.png

He has slowly but steadily fought his way into the team as his attributes has risen and Auba's sadly has declined. The plan his for him to take over as my first choice striker after Aubameyang, has anyone had any experiences with him?

Edited by Vizzini

1 hour ago, quee said:

Hope to see you back here, @WilsonJuve. Goodluck at Chelsea.

I will definitely be back. Who knows it may be a 1 season hiatus. It’s not only the Juve job that would tempt me to return an interesting challenge in Serie A or even back down to Serie B or C if the right team is there. 

1 hour ago, Vizzini said:

has anyone had any experiences with him?

One of the earlier Parma save had him in his team, I remember him doing well for that guy's Parma. 2481's I think the username.

Just finished the season, too many draws in the end, sadly.

bilde.thumb.png.d550db26a9bf2627e4ec765e1e44f26f.png

Followed by heartbreak in the Champions League...

bilde.thumb.png.bd609fdfc7e297066cb262860d61295e.png

My main goal with this save was not only to break Juventus league hegemony (which I did last year), but to bring back the Champions League to the Rossoneri, but alas, it must wait at least another season.

1 hour ago, lblanc said:

Old laptop finally gave in and lost my Inter save, pity was going for a treble treble. 

Currently managing 1860 Munich 

Can you not get the save game file out of the hard drive?

252.png?lm=1438591281

Genoa - end of October 2019.

The only bit of transfer business done was the sale of a young midfielder, Nicolo Rovela, to Roma on deadline day for just under £1m.

We started the season going through in the TIM Cup, on penalties, after a frankly pathetic 0-0 draw against Pordenone of Serie B.  We did have 27 shots, but most of them were from distance.  At least the defence gave very little away.  We're at home to Pisa in the next round.

Ten league games in and we are performing about as expected.  Sitting 12th in Serie A with a record of 3 wins, 3 draws and 4 defeats.  The defeats have been a 1-0 loss to Milan at home, a 6-2 hammering at Juventus, and two more 1-0 losses to Napoli (away) and Fiorentina (home) – so none of those were exactly unexpected.  

I’d say the two most disappointing results were home draws against Cagliari (1-1) on the opening day and Brescia (2-2) at the start of October.

We did manage to end October with a highly satisfying 3-2 ‘away’ win in the Derby della Lanterna against Sampdoria.  In a fairly even game we did create the better chances but had to react after Samp scored an early opener through their talisman, Quagliarella.  We hit back with three goals in 15 minutes, two just before half time and one just after.  The equaliser was a 25 yard free kick by Schone and then he turned provider, firing over a corner to the unmarked Pinamonti – who headed in from 6 yards.  Pinamonti bagged his second with a tap-in after some good play by Schone and Falque, before Quagliarella made it a nervy finish by sliding in a real poacher's goal from a rebound with 10 minutes left.

I’ve had to play my third choice keeper, Ichazo, for all 10 matches as Perin and Marchetti are both injured but it has been the defenders that have impressed most, with good performances from Romero (on loan from Juventus), Criscito and Ghiglione.  The main attacking threat has come from Pinamonti with supply from Schone and Falque (on loan from Torino).  

Perin (GK) and Sturaro (DM, MC) are due back soon, which should help strengthen the team.

We have been playing my favoured formation, which is a deep 4-2-3-1, with 2 DM and 3 midfielders, but it's time to experiment a bit.  I'm going to change the two wide midfielders from Wide Playmakers to Inverted Wingers and change the Advanced Playmaker at MC to a Trequartista at AMC - which will hopefully get Falque more involved, as I think I can get more out of him.

I’m not expecting to do any business in January, unless I can line up any decent pre-contract deals, so will probably next update at the end of season 1 (and after a few more tactical experiments) :)

12 minutes ago, Fraser said:

We have been playing my favoured formation, which is a deep 4-2-3-1, with 2 DM and 3 midfielders, but it's time to experiment a bit.  I'm going to change the two wide midfielders from Wide Playmakers to Inverted Wingers and change the Advanced Playmaker at MC to a Trequartista at AMC - which will hopefully get Falque more involved, as I think I can get more out of him.

What role are you playing Piamonte in? Does he drop deep or is he leading the line? I am thinking about adopting my system as well from 4-4-1-1 into a more realistisc 4-2-3-1 deep, because I want to play with a regista. Looking at your results so far, it seems like the tactics are working quite well based on the level of your team. Maybe if you have one wide playmaker and one inverted winger they play wil be more varied?

Just now, Vizzini said:

Does he drop deep

Is come deep to get the ball a good trait for a lone pressing forward? My coaches keep on recommending Inglese to learn this. Not sure if I want him to be far away from the penalty box, he's not scoring as much as I would like already. Though, it might open up some space for Kulusevski to attack in behind.

2 minutes ago, quee said:

Is come deep to get the ball a good trait for a lone pressing forward? My coaches keep on recommending Inglese to learn this. Not sure if I want him to be far away from the penalty box, he's not scoring as much as I would like already. Though, it might open up some space for Kulusevski to attack in behind.

It depends what you want from the striker, he will still be in attacking positions, only later in the move. If you want the striker to be part of the buil-up and help create space for your wide forwards or attacking midfielders it could be a good idea. If you want him to push back the opposition defence and keep them oppucied so that your more creative players have room to play, or if you play quite direct and are looking to get in behind it would probably not work that well. So in summary, it really depends how you want your team to play, and where you see the goals coming from.

6 minutes ago, Vizzini said:

It depends what you want from the striker, he will still be in attacking positions, only later in the move. If you want the striker to be part of the buil-up and help create space for your wide forwards or attacking midfielders it could be a good idea. If you want him to push back the opposition defence and keep them oppucied so that your more creative players have room to play, or if you play quite direct and are looking to get in behind it would probably not work that well. So in summary, it really depends how you want your team to play, and where you see the goals coming from.

Thanks for that. I think I will keep it as is, maybe next season or so if there's no major improvement in my striker's goals contribution.

59 minutes ago, Vizzini said:

What role are you playing Piamonte in? Does he drop deep or is he leading the line? I am thinking about adopting my system as well from 4-4-1-1 into a more realistisc 4-2-3-1 deep, because I want to play with a regista. Looking at your results so far, it seems like the tactics are working quite well based on the level of your team. Maybe if you have one wide playmaker and one inverted winger they play wil be more varied?

I'm playing Pinamonti as a Pressing Forward on Support. He's got enough of a physical presence to hold up the ball and enough speed and work ethic to hassle defenders.  He's more of a supply player for my midfield runners than a goalscorer (though I'm sure he'd do a good job as an Advanced Forward if I had more bodies around to supply him), but he is playing pretty high - I don't want him coming deep, I want him occupying defenders.

57 minutes ago, quee said:

How is he in this version? I remembered him having good potential in FM19 but never bought him.

Rovella has good attributes for a 17 year old but I let him go because I don't think he'll develop enough. His determination is pretty low and he lacks work rate and team work, which are must haves for pretty much all my players.  I'd have made an allowance if he was a footballing genius, but he ain't, so off he went :)

7 minutes ago, Fraser said:

His determination is pretty low and he lacks work rate and team work, which are must haves for pretty much all my players.

I'm similar to this, 10 or lower work rate? I have doubts and rarely have a second look.

af8bc373d3fd48fcd92dc49679114c35.png

These past three seasons have been wonderful, for Modena and myself, as we won practically everything.

2024/25 marked the start of our reign of terror, as we narrowly beaten god-mode Marcelino's Inter to the Serie A title, got the best of our favorable draw, getting to the CL final over Porto, Arsenal and Atletico Madrid where we snuck past City to claim our first Champions League trophy and our first double.

88bab19f9ae89e9496c056ef9d34ac93.png

9fd3ec9123114bc98e3d02408d70a3fc.png

Year that followed was our most successful, based on pure number of trophies that we won. Retained Serie A, won both Super Cups we attended, CWC and finally Coppa Italia. Season did finished on kind of sour note, as we got pushed aside by Manchester United in our second Champions League final.

d149b7f601d342ff34bbbb3072ff0219.png

1e6038f27c332e5484a3b23f6feb7f8e.pngbaffebbde10447767ecff923dee0e093.png

fb402189d14770164b7f30b3f2dce342.png233a9e9f14d2784d471b3a03610483cd.png

Last but not least, season that just ended and which might turn out to be my last in Modena.

6856e67a08030210c265643ffaad9dae.png

The Invincibles!!! Just superb. We've become a force to be reckoned with.

33e68a144768289ddfe9830bcc089313.png64cb1f15f8b9b7956aa800ca59e8ff74.png

Easily got past struggling Milan in Super Cup whilst winning Coppa Italia with backups (fixture congestion was tight as duck's arse; FM tried to cheat me out of Coppa with ridiculous goals by De Boer's Inter, scored at ridiculous times but the boys were at their best when it mattered).

In Champions League, we've got eliminated by Pep's Man City. We've lost at home 0-1 (properly FM-ed). Rematch, we were man down after just seven minutes as our Xavi (Pisarov) got sent off. Stupid, so stupid by him. We had our chances but sadly 1-1 draw was the best we could've done.

And to wrap the up, let's meet The Boys.

GK: Fodé Diarra, Alban Lafont

DF: Javier Demarco, Neco WIlliams, Nelson Ortiz, RubénSebastian ChanGastón MartínezPaolo CarrozzaPaul de Ruiter

MF: Luca Pellegrini, Anis Hamidi, Andrea Ghion, Borna Martinovic, Slavcho Pisarov, Miguel Baeza, Aleandro Borraccino, Adrian Williams, Juan Pablo Galván

ST: Pietro PellegriBartolomeo Mancuso, Freddie Davidson

1 minute ago, Stackalee said:

Was their transfer policy pretty much just buying players aged around 30 for too much money?

They actually bought some good players over the years, Maddison, Sane, Niklas Sule, Donyell Malen, Martial.

But they failed to get into CL on multiple occasions. They brought back Conte and Max Allegri, with Ciro Ferrara having a stint in between, with neither bringing success and being axed half a season in. Each of them. And then they got this guy.

403177336ed25da29237fdd7f7cabe15.png

No idea why but he lasted till December until latest one replaced him.

20f87bc07f4d70fdaf25608ce731acd5.png

Their players are unhappy for two, three years now. I'm to blame for that as i cheekily made offers for all of their key players, who then got unhappy as they wanted CL football. Rinse and repeat. Dickish move but i don't care. I want them to suffer :D 

22 minutes ago, Vizzini said:

Holy ****, that is some achievement! What system did you play, and how did it develop over the seasons?

Started with 433 with wingers and had a success with it during first few years.

cef8920f22d24659241f010411bafd76.png

There were few changes, roles and mentality switched but played with it for most of the time.

Until we managed to get Vlahovic and Guebbels in the same window. Had to use them both so we switched to 442.

f5227d6751a31d7356374937d5690658.png

As we got better, faster players in, few changes were made and i've been playing with the setup from below for last four seasons.

a41a17ac4719bb8abc59164f67c9786d.png

Mentality was switched occasionally, defensive line sometimes but that's about it.

2 hours ago, Adzke said:

Can someone explain promotion from Serie C to me? Am I promoted when I win my section of Serie C, or must I win the Supercoppa di Serie C?

According to the rules, each section of Serie C will be promoted to Serie B. There's an extra spot for playoff winner.

5 minutes ago, quee said:

According to the rules, each section of Serie C will be promoted to Serie B. There's an extra spot for playoff winner.

Yes, so it says. And there are now four teams marked as relegated from Serie B. It was only three before which had me a bit confused. I've been tricked by the promotion setup in Italy many times before :D

Started with Brescia couple days ago. Honestly the most fun save I ever had. We pretty much started as a huge underdog in our first season but somehow were able to achieve a stunning result.

B3.thumb.png.6299ede5e1143d3743e9c7b7606b3edb.png

Our roster did also change quiet a bit now in the preseason of 2020/2021.

B3.thumb.png.96a0d709fd71b72b9925c08f89ab6503.png

transfers:

B3.thumb.png.f2ab809a0343f1b737c84899a42cfed1.png

tactics:

B3.thumb.png.6f8318c2c3708fb587e862f08d14a96c.png

Now, we are predicted 11th after 18th last season this year. Board expects a top half finish. Not expecting anything close to last year where we took the league by storm with a bad roster but we should establish ourselves in the league and maybe look for a top 6/7 finish. If more, great.

But excited for the season.

1 minute ago, Adzke said:

It was only three before which had me a bit confused

Must be the playout was still playing? I have never heard of the word before playing FM20, tbh. :D

Congrats on a great achievement, @Constantine! That's the way to do it after 8 seasons :D

1 minute ago, quee said:

Must be the playout was still playing? I have never heard of the word before playing FM20, tbh. :D

I remember once - some years ago - thinking I had been promoted from Serie B on away goals, only to learn that the team with the better initial league position was favoured in the event of a draw. The Italians sure know how to complicate things.

6 minutes ago, bendixkunert2 said:

Now, we are predicted 11th after 18th last season this year. Board expects a top half finish.

Definitely different to Parma board :D

How is Papetti doing for you? I was interested in buying him but decided against it since I can't really spend £3m on a future prospect for Parma.

1 minute ago, quee said:

Definitely different to Parma board :D

How is Papetti doing for you? I was interested in buying him but decided against it since I can't really spend £3m on a future prospect for Parma.

not sure yet. I will just start to give him first team appearances this year. He was the best player on my U20 youth team though and Milan and Roma made 2.5 million bids for him when he was worth 70k. I declined though. 

Lol, what does the Parma board expect out of you?

2 minutes ago, bendixkunert2 said:

Lol, what does the Parma board expect out of you?

I finished 7th in the first season, and the board expected us to finish mid-table in the 2nd season :D Loved it, less pressure and can take my time :lol:

1 hour ago, Constantine said:

Started with 433 with wingers and had a success with it during first few years.

Really interesting to see. It seems like a lot of emphasis was put on wingplay, and a direct, aggressive style. I like that the base was kept and evolved throughout. How does it work with both strikers on the same role and duty? Do they work because most of the delivery comes from wide areas?

2 hours ago, Constantine said:

Their players are unhappy for two, three years now. I'm to blame for that as i cheekily made offers for all of their key players, who then got unhappy as they wanted CL football. Rinse and repeat. Dickish move but i don't care. I want them to suffer :D 

Wow, that's cold. Crazy to see how far they've fallen, and what a clever/evil way to add to the downfall!

8 minutes ago, Weston said:

Kill me. Why two days apart, and why these two teams??

image.thumb.png.b0ec35b950e2dc5b67b82051265d899f.png

The fixtures generator does seemed a bit of a mess, tbh.

I missed the old FMs where matches can be postponed if there's congestion.