[FM20][FM21][FM22][FM23] Calcio

zlatanera

21 hours ago, Mackem742 said:

Just having a look through the Roma squad on Wiki and there are quite a few 30 something players, I know they are quite well know players, Fazio, Dzeko, Mkhitaryan, Smalling, Pedro etc but I really want to ship these players out and build a bright future for the club. Id imagine these players are on quite high wages too. Would this be frowned upon by any Roma fans on here or would you keep at least some of them? 

Hi,

Playing a save with ROMA i would advice that you keep them with you, at least for a year, as you're pretty unsure to make a lot of money out of them and the transfer budget even it shows a worthy 17millions is not quite high to get quality replacements that would change the face of the team. DZEKO in my save is quite good though, not a very mobile player but with good attributes to let him finish or bring mates in the game. All the other players you've mentioned are very decent for the side. I consider though to ship DZEKO away next season as he will be 35 and earns a tremendous 1.15 millions a month ... Don't know what to do with PEDRO ... Myki as an end of contract in june 2021 but an extend of contract if plays 15 or 20 match, something like this ... 

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, keysea said:

Hi,

Playing a save with ROMA i would advice that you keep them with you, at least for a year, as you're pretty unsure to make a lot of money out of them and the transfer budget even it shows a worthy 17millions is not quite high to get quality replacements that would change the face of the team. DZEKO in my save is quite good though, not a very mobile player but with good attributes to let him finish or bring mates in the game. All the other players you've mentioned are very decent for the side. I consider though to ship DZEKO away next season as he will be 35 and earns a tremendous 1.15 millions a month ... Don't know what to do with PEDRO ... Myki as an end of contract in june 2021 but an extend of contract if plays 15 or 20 match, something like this ... 

Yeah ive discovered that even though their is a £17 mill transfer budget there is next to nothing for wages without dropping the transfer budget and I wouldnt be able to bring in any worthy replacements. I think ill stick with what I have for now but Ive brought in youngsters Arezo and Ugarte but I think that will be all unless someone comes in with a stupid offer. Madrid are constantly bidding for Mirante and Man City keep coming in for Cristante which I reject.

1 minute ago, Mackem742 said:

Yeah ive discovered that even though their is a £17 mill transfer budget there is next to nothing for wages without dropping the transfer budget and I wouldnt be able to bring in any worthy replacements. I think ill stick with what I have for now but Ive brought in youngsters Arezo and Ugarte but I think that will be all unless someone comes in with a stupid offer. Madrid are constantly bidding for Mirante and Man City keep coming in for Cristante which I reject.

Yeah, rejected a bid for CRISTANTE from MANCITY... Accepted one for VERETOUT by REAL as i know if i reject he will be impossible to manage (experienced this in my beta save) ... They made a bid of 17 that i pushed to 30 ... 

I've gone for a bid on ROVELLA that was proposed by my scout (Bruno CONTI). Chose to sign WILSHERE on a free as he's a reliable super sub (scored my two goals for a win 2-0 over INTER in Beta save). Keep an eye on CALAFIORI in U20, made good appearances for me.

15 minutes ago, keysea said:

Yeah, rejected a bid for CRISTANTE from MANCITY... Accepted one for VERETOUT by REAL as i know if i reject he will be impossible to manage (experienced this in my beta save) ... They made a bid of 17 that i pushed to 30 ... 

I've gone for a bid on ROVELLA that was proposed by my scout (Bruno CONTI). Chose to sign WILSHERE on a free as he's a reliable super sub (scored my two goals for a win 2-0 over INTER in Beta save). Keep an eye on CALAFIORI in U20, made good appearances for me.

Thanks for that, I only get about an hour on it each night after work but hopefully I will get a good run at it by Friday night. Ive got Papetti on loan in my other save with Sunderland but im trying to steer clear of him with Roma as everyone seems to be signing him on this years save.

20 minutes ago, Mackem742 said:

Thanks for that, I only get about an hour on it each night after work but hopefully I will get a good run at it by Friday night. Ive got Papetti on loan in my other save with Sunderland but im trying to steer clear of him with Roma as everyone seems to be signing him on this years save.

I seem to always play a Roma save every year, this time is no different. Been playing for 2 weeks on the Beta and it seems I signed players that are pretty common albeit unknowingly at the time with Papetti and Ugarte. Personally I try to move on all the older players as soon as possible although I feel some are holding their attributes better this year, Dzeko didn't lose much in the year I kept him but he was sold mainly due to his massive wage and Milik coming in on a free to replace him.

First season I finished second, actually bottled it in the last few games and let Inter sneak the title, we could barely score a goal but somehow kept winning 1-0. Second was still a big overachievement for a team that scored 51. I'm now about half way through season 2, things are similar with a top group of us, Inter, Lazio, Juve and Atalanta at the top, Milan and Napoli are behind. I was able to pick up Thauvin on a free from Marseille, Milenkovic from Fiorentina for £8m and Kessie from Milan for £13m in the summer. Calafiori was doing well in the first season before he did his ACL and lost 3 points to his acceleration and pace immediately, I was devastated. He is back fit and trying to recover, may go out on loan. Papetti has developed ok but is behind Mancini, Milenkovic and Ibanez who has been excellent so he may also go on loan. Kumbulla has not improved at all, here is my squad off the top of my head right now...

GK: Livakovic, Montipo

LB: Luca Pellegrini (back from Juve luckily), Angelino (on loan), Calafiori (recovering from ACL)

CB: Mancini, Milenkovic, Ibanez, Kumbulla, Papetti

RB: Spinazzola, Hysaj

CM: Kessie, Gagliardini, Cristante, Villar, Lorenzo Pellegrini

AM: Perez, Asensio (loan), Kluivert, Zaniolo, Thauvin

ST: Milik, Luis Suarez (the Colombian one)

14 minutes ago, Aizo4576 said:

I like the look of Milan, Roma and Atalanta, could anyone give me advice for starting with any of them

I find them quite similar, Milan is a fallen giant and Atalanta and Roma haven't won anything lately, I'm playing with Roma, like every year haha.

So I finally started my Roma save, I'm trying to ged rid of Peres, Jesus, Fazio and Santon and I released some bad staff and hired others in order to increase our stats.

Man City is pushing to buy one of my midfielders, they tried Diawara and now are pushing to Cristante, FM20 I suffered with United looks like this year I will suffer with City hahaha

This is the tactic that I'll try to use

https://imgur.com/JhbIe7U

These are all the staff I've brought to the club so far

https://imgur.com/iC4vcGL

I was able to sign Papetti, Rovella, and Palumbo so far.

PS: Why the imagens aren't being shown on the topic?

Edited by LucasBR

19 hours ago, Cas46 said:

I seem to always play a Roma save every year, this time is no different. Been playing for 2 weeks on the Beta and it seems I signed players that are pretty common albeit unknowingly at the time with Papetti and Ugarte. Personally I try to move on all the older players as soon as possible although I feel some are holding their attributes better this year, Dzeko didn't lose much in the year I kept him but he was sold mainly due to his massive wage and Milik coming in on a free to replace him.

First season I finished second, actually bottled it in the last few games and let Inter sneak the title, we could barely score a goal but somehow kept winning 1-0. Second was still a big overachievement for a team that scored 51. I'm now about half way through season 2, things are similar with a top group of us, Inter, Lazio, Juve and Atalanta at the top, Milan and Napoli are behind. I was able to pick up Thauvin on a free from Marseille, Milenkovic from Fiorentina for £8m and Kessie from Milan for £13m in the summer. Calafiori was doing well in the first season before he did his ACL and lost 3 points to his acceleration and pace immediately, I was devastated. He is back fit and trying to recover, may go out on loan. Papetti has developed ok but is behind Mancini, Milenkovic and Ibanez who has been excellent so he may also go on loan. Kumbulla has not improved at all, here is my squad off the top of my head right now...

GK: Livakovic, Montipo

LB: Luca Pellegrini (back from Juve luckily), Angelino (on loan), Calafiori (recovering from ACL)

CB: Mancini, Milenkovic, Ibanez, Kumbulla, Papetti

RB: Spinazzola, Hysaj

CM: Kessie, Gagliardini, Cristante, Villar, Lorenzo Pellegrini

AM: Perez, Asensio (loan), Kluivert, Zaniolo, Thauvin

ST: Milik, Luis Suarez (the Colombian one)

Hi,

You seem to have done pretty ok ... I'm also looking forward for MILIK on a free, providing he won't get a new contract at NAPOLI ... Must admit i didn't know about PAPETTI, so i've been looking for him and seems quite good for a 18 years old youngster ... But he's contracted to LIVERPOOL right now... 

Happy to see that you've brought back Luca as i was so disappointed when i heard they sold him, to JUVE ... Would like to get him and FLORENZI back ...

15 hours ago, LucasBR said:

So I finally started my Roma save, I'm trying to ged rid of Peres, Jesus, Fazio and Santon and I released some bad staff and hired others in order to increase our stats.

Man City is pushing to buy one of my midfielders, they tried Diawara and now are pushing to Cristante, FM20 I suffered with United looks like this year I will suffer with City hahaha

This is the tactic that I'll try to use

https://imgur.com/JhbIe7U

These are all the staff I've brought to the club so far

https://imgur.com/iC4vcGL

I was able to sign Papetti, Rovella, and Palumbo so far.

PS: Why the imagens aren't being shown on the topic?

Hi,

Managed to sell JESUS for 3, FAZIO for 850K and SANTON (too injury prone) for 5... Never been able to ship off PERES, unless on a loan deal ...  Got ROVELLO  on a transfer fee for about 2... Been forced to ship off VERETOUT to REAL, but for a 35 fee plus 675K if REAL wins the COPA DEL REY... Searching for players who could strenghten the team... And same as you, MAN CITY trying to bid for DIAWARA (for ridiculous fees) or CRISTANTE, rjected ... A bit upset but DZEKO managed to make him want to stay ....

PS : double post, sorry

Edited by keysea

Sorry guys I couldn't think of anywhere else to post this, but I have a Milan save this year that I'm working on, and they have possibly 20 affiliates and I think I know two of them - does it hurt at all to break all these affiliates with these tiny teams or are they like your youth catchment network etc?

Back to Atalanta. Bought one or two youngsters, Rafael Toloi demanded too much for a new contract and on his way out.

Papu Gomez is injured for few weeks.

10/12 in the league and yet to concede.

3-0 vs Dortmund in the first Champions League match.

image.png.782f1c1bbfdf3f782bd13e2fc7f2295c.png

On 24/11/2020 at 13:07, Mackem742 said:

Just having a look through the Roma squad on Wiki and there are quite a few 30 something players, I know they are quite well know players, Fazio, Dzeko, Mkhitaryan, Smalling, Pedro etc but I really want to ship these players out and build a bright future for the club. Id imagine these players are on quite high wages too. Would this be frowned upon by any Roma fans on here or would you keep at least some of them? 

First season I sold
Bruno Peres £3m   BRAZIL
Mirante 500k          ITALY
Mkhitaryan £7.5m.  ARMENIA
Pedro £9.75m.      SPAIN
Fazio £1.1m   ARGENTINA

And Brought in
Papetti £1.8m ITALY
Gasparini £8m ITALY
Petagna £6.5m ITALY
Gagliardini £6.5m ITALY
Belotti £22m ITALY

Im trying to bring an Italian core back to the capital city. The only Italian I sold was Mirante who at 37 was too old. Gasparini will replace him and at only 18 will be here for years to come.

3 hours ago, keysea said:

Hi,

Managed to sell JESUS for 3, FAZIO for 850K and SANTON (too injury prone) for 5... Never been able to ship off PERES, unless on a loan deal ...  Got ROVELLO  on a transfer fee for about 2... Been forced to ship off VERETOUT to REAL, but for a 35 fee plus 675K if REAL wins the COPA DEL REY... Searching for players who could strenghten the team... And same as you, MAN CITY trying to bid for DIAWARA (for ridiculous fees) or CRISTANTE, rjected ... A bit upset but DZEKO managed to make him want to stay ....

PS : double post, sorry

I was able to sell all of them, Peres asked for money to leave and I gladly accepted lol

Cristante I HAD to sell to Sociedad for only 13M, hes was really upset when I rejected City's hilarious bid for him and the squad got upset the way I treated him =X

I got Rovella (loaned out), Papetti (loaned out), Martin Palumbo, Samuelle Birindelli, Ugarte and Stefano Turati.

I will use Mory Bamba and Calafiori a lot this season and I'm already looking for a replacement for Dzeko.

1 hour ago, turgi said:

Back to Atalanta. Bought one or two youngsters, Rafael Toloi demanded too much for a new contract and on his way out.

Papu Gomez is injured for few weeks.

10/12 in the league and yet to concede.

3-0 vs Dortmund in the first Champions League match.

image.png.782f1c1bbfdf3f782bd13e2fc7f2295c.png

Hi man, how did you manage to post pictures on the topic? Thanks.

Mkhitaryan has gone to Barca for £9 million. A few others could be on their way out too as their are constant bids coming in for Cristante from Man City, already rejected several bids as the asking price is £13 mill and they keep bidding around the £6 mill mark. I want at least £10 mill for him for it to be worth while. Ive got a bid in for Papetti, but so have Arsenal. Ive brought in Ugarte and Rajkovic as another keeper, as Mirante has gone to Madrid. Also brought in Gasparini and I have Arezo coming to the club in January.

Played one game so far, away at Juve. Lost 4-3 in a pretty epic game but disappointed as I was 2-0 up at half time. Next game is home against Inter so quite a tough start.

Edited by Mackem742

Has anyone played past the first season with Atalanta?

I know budgets in general go up season two, after the covid affected season one budgets and Atalanta have £50m+ of future transfers already arranged going out, so I wondered if this was reflected in the season two budget for anyone who has got that far. I'm only 3 games in on my save. :D

2 hours ago, davehibb said:

Has anyone played past the first season with Atalanta?

I know budgets in general go up season two, after the covid affected season one budgets and Atalanta have £50m+ of future transfers already arranged going out, so I wondered if this was reflected in the season two budget for anyone who has got that far. I'm only 3 games in on my save. :D

The pre arranged future transfers are already removed from the budget before you join. And if you click finances then look underneath your transfer budget it should show you the minimum amount you will receive next season. This will obviously go higher depending on league position and how far you get in the UCL etc.

13 hours ago, luka_zg said:

How do you rate Lazio squad od FM21? I'm thinking about starting a new save in Italy.

To me Lazio is probably the most overrated team on the game, Immobile, Milinkovic-Savic, Luis Alberto and Acerbi are basically all world class, Lazzari, Correa, Parolo and Luiz Felipe not far behind.

13 hours ago, WilsonJuve said:

The pre arranged future transfers are already removed from the budget before you join. And if you click finances then look underneath your transfer budget it should show you the minimum amount you will receive next season. This will obviously go higher depending on league position and how far you get in the UCL etc.

I thought this would probably be the case but thanks for confirming.

So. Its my first serious save in Italy. Im managing Catania. 

Its going well i suppose. January and we are 3rd in the League, but 11 points behind Bari. 

Not 100% happy with my tactic. Trying to play a possesion/pressing game. Its doing what i wanted but my games are dull. I barely manage to get 10 shots a game. The opposition are the same. Im lucky if i get 4 key highlights a game. 

Teams love to play 5 at the back with 2 Dms. Italy is a different challenge.

1 hour ago, Aizo4576 said:

Has anyone got a tactic for Roma, Milan or Atalanta that they could share? I can't decide what team I want to manage between the 3...

lxTD9pG.png

Hi man... I've been using this tactic with Roma and I've been very "successfull" so far, if you want I can upload it here for you.

10 hours ago, Aizo4576 said:

Has anyone got a tactic for Roma, Milan or Atalanta that they could share? I can't decide what team I want to manage between the 3...

Technically, you can build a tactic around the players you have got, and what roles suits them best at. It depends on what your aims are? Like rebuilding AC Milan to former glory or build Atalanta to title challenging team.

3 hours ago, pedromanuelpinto said:

Hi,

Any Palermo manager that can give me some tips regarding how to do a Serie A come back in 3 years?

The team have a good first team, think that need an Shadow Strike.

Not use to play at this league, any free players that are good for tier 3?

Thanks in advance

In my personal experience the best way to climb the leagues is to sell all the aging players for whatever cash you can and then use the small amount of money to loan in a bunch of younger faster players supplemented with a few free agents that you can then sell the next year to do it all over again. You'll be outpacing your players so the only ones good enough to keep for more than one season will be young players who are leveling up along with you as you renew their loans. You gotta be ruthless and get comfortable with high turnover. Sign staff that are better but sign them to short contracts too so you can continue to replace everyone with better options as you and your reputation rise. Cut youth funding and everything else you don't need for the short-term, you won't get any good prospects until later anyway.

1 hour ago, mikcheck said:

Anyone having fun with Inter?

No.

Did you know that in the last 43 years only 3 managers have ever stayed at Inter after their second season?

Only 6 have done it in the club's history! Who can blame them for wanting to leave :lol:

2 hours ago, Paulz said:

I've started a game with Roma, as always I've disabled transfer for the first window but I will definitely be looking for a new right wing back as soon as possible - any suggestions?

I bought Birindelli from Pisa, he's not as great as last year in game but he's beign very good for me so far and he's extremely cheap.

But it'll depend on what kind of player are you looking for and how much can you spend.

Edited by LucasBR

2 hours ago, Paulz said:

I've started a game with Roma, as always I've disabled transfer for the first window but I will definitely be looking for a new right wing back as soon as possible - any suggestions?

Rasmus Kristensen :thup: 

Played one season with Inter with a 5212, No transfers first season ofc. Came second in league after Atalanta with 87 points. Best thing happened in the CL were we won the hole thing beating City, Pool, Gladbach(!) and Real in the final. Lukaku scored 21 in the CL, new record and like 26 in the league and broke all the old records:) 

in preseason now and ive bought some Defenders to replace some of the old dogs ive released, Garcia, Mendes, Anel H(Malmoe). Also got i Huge bid for Brozovic like 100m euros and i replaced him with that  Locatelliguy, seems like a Good deal. Im really enjoying This save and i hope i can win the league.

18 hours ago, LucasBR said:

I bought Birindelli from Pisa, he's not as great as last year in game but he's beign very good for me so far and he's extremely cheap.

But it'll depend on what kind of player are you looking for and how much can you spend.

17 hours ago, john1 said:

Rasmus Kristensen :thup: 

Thank you, I will check them both out! I'm not sure yet what my Jan or Summer budget will be yet

Gone Monza (my 2nd go at them) made near on 15m from player sales as I listed everyone in the squad.

We sign 11 players for over 11m, Ivo Poveda a club record 7m deal from Leeds, whilst we also added Paloschi, Zampano, Lazaae and Turati.

The main bulk of our action saw the club bring in a raft of free transfers, Jack Wilshere, Jozo Simunovic, Giovani Imbila, Agustin Allione, Bertolacci and Halilovic.

Its a small squad but we are beginning to click and should challenge at the top end of the table come the end of the year.

We need promotion as the wage cap is killing me :D

4 hours ago, bestbrother said:

Is there anyway around the small wage cap in Serie B?

You cant buy anyone with just 5k per week :(

Don't buy! Sell, loan, and sign free agents to flip for cash. I never buy anyone until I get to Serie A:

On 30/11/2020 at 22:48, Weston said:

In my personal experience the best way to climb the leagues is to sell all the aging players for whatever cash you can and then use the small amount of money to loan in a bunch of younger faster players supplemented with a few free agents that you can then sell the next year to do it all over again. You'll be outpacing your players so the only ones good enough to keep for more than one season will be young players who are leveling up along with you as you renew their loans. You gotta be ruthless and get comfortable with high turnover. Sign staff that are better but sign them to short contracts too so you can continue to replace everyone with better options as you and your reputation rise. Cut youth funding and everything else you don't need for the short-term, you won't get any good prospects until later anyway.

3 hours ago, bestbrother said:

I dont have the patience for that. Every save i do, i list the whole squad and rebuild as best i can.

I don't understand what you mean. I'm saying you should basically rebuild entirely.

15 minutes ago, Weston said:

I don't understand what you mean. I'm saying you should basically rebuild entirely.

I mean I dont like waiting to buy players, I like to sell up and instantly bring in my own faces. The Serie B wage cap hindered me, but we went up! A late run saw us nick 7th and then we took the playoffs by storm, romping past Lecce 6-2 on agg.

So its Serie A again for Big Silvs and time to open the purse strings to build a new dynasty.

Spent a princely £45m to try and bolster the squad up. 5 new signings and a loan deal give us a bit more quality, Sandro Tonali at 16m would be the club record deal... whilst Manolo Gabbiadini also saw us go high on a domestic deal at 13.5m

We would add foreign talent in Lanzini from West Ham, Podence (11m) from Wolves and a cheap deal with Roma to bring in Ante Coric. Our last deal would be a loan move for Colombo from AC.

The shambolic signing of Poveda would come to an end without our 7m signing ever playing a game for the club! He would end up leaving on a 500k deal to Lecce as we more than cut our loses on the Spanish youngster.

Our campaign started with a shock exit to Chievo in the Coppa Italia, whilst just 1 win in our opening 6 games leaves us in and around the relegation battle.

Really hit the skids, still just the 1 win as we toward into January. Bottom of the league with 9pts and the challenge is to improve the squad somehow in the upcoming window.

Of the 10 league goals we have scored... Gabbiadini has 8 and I think somehow that is the problem here!

A win over Inter, just our 5th in 29 games, shoots us out of the drop zone! 9 to play, there is slim hope, but we are embroiled in a battle with Crotone, Genoa, Fiorentina and Frosinone for the 3 slots.

We added one face in January, Andre Gomes from Everton, whilst our Daniel Podence experiment ends with him heading to Saudi in a 9.5m deal.

Could you write a better script...

Matchday 38.. Genoa 29pts, Monza 27pts... we go to Genoa for the final game of the year, win and we stay up, anything else and its back down to B.

We go 1 down, it looks desperate.. then Jack steps in and scores, Wilshere l'Inglese gives us hope but time is ticking down.

Its all Monza, but Gabbiadini and Colombo are foiled. Then drama, 86th minute Colombo is chopped down in the box... VAR is called in, the ref takes a look... and points to the spot! We have a penalty with 3 to play, knowing that if its scored we are minutes away from surviving for another year in Serie A.

Gabbiadini to take. He is on 13 goals for the year, he has scored 1 from 1 penalty... but we would trade all that in for this to roll by...

HE SCORES! Gabbiadini puts us 2-1 up and with gritted teeth we hang on. The Monza miracle continues... Silvios dream of conquering Serie A goes on!

10 hours ago, bestbrother said:

Could you write a better script...

Matchday 38.. Genoa 29pts, Monza 27pts... we go to Genoa for the final game of the year, win and we stay up, anything else and its back down to B.

We go 1 down, it looks desperate.. then Jack steps in and scores, Wilshere l'Inglese gives us hope but time is ticking down.

Its all Monza, but Gabbiadini and Colombo are foiled. Then drama, 86th minute Colombo is chopped down in the box... VAR is called in, the ref takes a look... and points to the spot! We have a penalty with 3 to play, knowing that if its scored we are minutes away from surviving for another year in Serie A.

Gabbiadini to take. He is on 13 goals for the year, he has scored 1 from 1 penalty... but we would trade all that in for this to roll by...

HE SCORES! Gabbiadini puts us 2-1 up and with gritted teeth we hang on. The Monza miracle continues... Silvios dream of conquering Serie A goes on!

You might want to restart your Monza save as Monza are on the verge of signing Mario Balotelli in real life @bestbrother

1 hour ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

You might want to restart your Monza save as Monza are on the verge of signing Mario Balotelli in real life @bestbrother

I did try to get him, but he took 30 odd grand to sign with Lens, making our measly 5k a pittance in comparison.

However now we are Serie A staples, there are bigger fish to fry :D

Cracking signing for them though!