What to do with Mason Greenwood?

extremeskins04

Starting a new Man U save and trying to figure out how to develop this amazing talent.   He's 17 years old so naturally you would think placing him with the U18's, but he's so much more talented than the rest of the squad and he's in line with the U23's.

Should I keep him with the U18's the first year?  Or is it safe to move him to U23's since he's so good?

Thanks in advance!

if you compare them he is basically as good as rashford. He is ready for first team football porbably rotate the two give him more cup games and easier prem games. Also make available for u23 squad when not using him. Or alternatively loan to a championship side who is predicted top 6.

556A88B2673232C6E7AAD5D14F73FE9E8676274F
0E408CD5032395F05D425E5BB4A773E7C0DA58CD

35 minutes ago, Kenzo said:

Spoiler

Hide contents

His PA isn't that high. He will never become elite.

Spoiler

he is the highest rated striker wonderkid on FM20 his PA must be -10 or -9 and you just got a bad version. GO DOWN TO STRIKERS ON LINK
https://www.fmscout.com/a-football-manager-2020-wonderkids.html

Absolutely keep him with you!  Either train him with Senior Squad and make available for U23, or train with U23 and look for opportunities to get him minutes with Senior Squad (Europa League, League Cup, Substitute for Premier League).

In recent additions of FM I've found young players develop better with even some First Team minutes at high level, with better coaches and better training facilities then regular first team football at lower level of competition, lower quality coaches and facilities.   

No spoiler here, I'm guessing his PA is probably random (-9? -85?)  

Play him starting in cups, particularly on the right wing (I've found him to provide a lot of assists from there) and he will start to provide solid assists and scoring and by the end of the first season he will be one of your regular players off the bench as either a right winger or striker. He can take over from Lingard as the versatile attacking player if you treat him right.

Play him, hes ready . I play him as an IF (a), sometimes on the left sometimes on the right. Remember, hes both footed. 

I play a lot of my youngsters regularly, laird, williams, mejbri, gomes all getting regularly game time, not just cup games either. Ethan laird is my highest assister so far in this 1st season. 

He couldn't break into my team in the 1st season. I have Belotti who is indestructible and played almost every game of the season in attack and on the right I bought Brooks from Bournemouth who is developing brilliantly.

With that said Mason had developed very very good with playing only about 10 games(mostly europa league and carabao). This season I plan to use him more. I also received a bid of 72 million euros from Norwich for him. 

AI United in my save have played him as a backup striker (14 PL stars) and cup striker. He's now 19 and worth 39 million, with dribbling, finishing, first touch, technique, composure, flair, off the ball, acceleration, agility, natural fitness and pace all above 15.

In 2021, he's now their main striker and he's scored 4 goals in 4 games. 

Personally, I wouldn't put him in U18 or U23, he's too good for that and needs games. Either keep him as a backup striker, and play him in cup games and the PL sometimes. I read that in FM19, a player needed at least 15 minutes of game time to count towards developement, so bringing him on for the last half hour may be useful. Alternatively, send him out on loan to a good Championship side with Good + training facilities. 

On 06/11/2019 at 20:27, Kenzo said:

Spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

His PA isn't that high. He will never become elite.

What a load of ***** mate, no offence. He is absolutely awesome on my game midway through the second season. 16 first touch, dribbling, finishing, composure, determination, flair, technique, pace and stamina. 18 acceleration. 15 agility and balance. He's an absolute monster and the improvement in 18 months is crazy. 

United just played him on my game really. He's started 23 games in 18 months but made another 21 appearances off the bench. I am in January 2021.

21 hours ago, Maaaaaardy said:

What a load of ***** mate, no offence. He is absolutely awesome on my game midway through the second season. 16 first touch, dribbling, finishing, composure, determination, flair, technique, pace and stamina. 18 acceleration. 15 agility and balance. He's an absolute monster and the improvement in 18 months is crazy. 

United just played him on my game really. He's started 23 games in 18 months but made another 21 appearances off the bench. I am in January 2021.

His PA is still quite low.

On 13/11/2019 at 04:00, luka_ said:

He couldn't break into my team in the 1st season. I have Belotti who is indestructible and played almost every game of the season in attack and on the right I bought Brooks from Bournemouth who is developing brilliantly.

With that said Mason had developed very very good with playing only about 10 games(mostly europa league and carabao). This season I plan to use him more. I also received a bid of 72 million euros from Norwich for him. 

Mason can definitely develop. And is a great first team option. But the trick is not to buy any more attackers in first season. United already have a lot

I start him most games, as part of a two man strike force. He can't yet lead the line on his own, but is actually quite lethal in a 2-man strike force, with ample support. In the current state, he is more of a poacher/advanced forward. Unsure as of yet if he can develop into a more rounded forward.

I initially loaned him out to Aston Villa, as I had signed another striker and was going to rotate with Rashford/Martial so I figured he could get more game time. I recalled him in January as my new striker couldn't hit a barn door at the moment, and Rashford was injured so I was short. He has scored almost a goal a game so far for me. That immediately puts him into my squad rotation. I will start him regularly since he is playing well, and probably not be looking to bring anyone in to play up front.

In a save i fully simulated (more than 5 seaosns) , he's worth more than 100M€ and he's one of the most lethal striker/am

Was really shocked tbh to see how good he was as he seems nowhere near this lvl irl for now

Greenwood is great. He's essentially second choice and given plenty of time develops in to an excellent forward.

PA value

Spoiler

PA - 180

No clue what posters were talking about him not being any good.

13 hours ago, nico_france said:

In a save i fully simulated (more than 5 seaosns) , he's worth more than 100M€ and he's one of the most lethal striker/am

Was really shocked tbh to see how good he was as he seems nowhere near this lvl irl for now

He certainly has the potential to be one of the best forwards in the world. 

His problem irl is that United are a circus at the moment. 

I can snag a screenshot shortly, but I started him basically the whole of the 2019-20 season as Rashford and Martial were busy trading off injuries and covering the LW for each other. Greenwood absolutely smashed it. Top scorer in the league, one of the top scorers in the Europa League. Won Golden Boy, came second in the Golden Shoe to Ronaldo. Absolute beast.

GreenwoodAttributes.thumb.PNG.c91f0cb5d54aa8d1caacd59e26245089.PNGGreenwoodStats.thumb.PNG.a400843429304ffa970331f4beeed8aa.PNG

Edited by Juls317
Added screenshots

1 hour ago, Gee_Simpson said:

@Juls317 I'm guessing you're playing him up top? What formation?

UnitedTactics.thumb.PNG.7ec585ee967366eab2e56fe509686245.PNG

This is basically what I played the whole season, and my preferred starting XI. Pogba was a Mezzala on attack for much of the season, but just wasn't producing enough (Pereira outperformed him) so I switched him to AP-S at some point.