[FM20] Climbing a Mountain with Kaiserslautern - Call me Destiny's Child because "I'm a REVIVER"

Chevie

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Really interesting thread this mate, cheers. I think the squad is utterly dreadful and needs so much work, but without the resources to do it.

I started with them and just won promotion via the play offs. Beat Karlsruhe 2-1 on aggregate.

I signed Bakary Kone on a free, and Oliver Skipp on a season long loan, and they were solid if unspectacular for me. 

Had real issues with the squad too in terms of morale and support, and only now is the manager support good. A big effort required to avoid relegation and will need some wheeling and dealing

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Well things are going well for me in Bundesliga 2; after a raft of loan signings, I'm sitting third after 18 games, 1 point off 2nd and 4 off 3rd. Since the objective was to avoid relegation, the Board are saying that I'm doing an unbelievable job etc

I did spend a small amount on a couple of players, but as above I've made some season long loan signings. Four from Spurs; Tangana, Skipp, Parrott and Jack Clarke. They are all doing wonders for me. As are James Garner from Man Utd and Liam Millar from Liverpool.

Im playing a 4-1-4-1 or 442, generally on balanced with conservative full backs. Skipp, Garner and Bergmann make a great central 3 at this level. 

I'd be interested to hear any updates on Kaiserslautern. Also, keeping squad players fit...do you arrange friendlies for this purpose? They dont seem to get a chance in the U19s..

Thanks

The signings have really catapulted me way ahead of schedule in terms of the club vision; I'm now making a genuine fist of a promotion attempt to the Bundesliga.

Bergmann is a superb playmaker, but I've been impressed by the loan signings I mentioned in the previous post. Without those, it would definitely have been an uphill battle to avoid relegation.

image.png