Mac Editor for FM09?

Diego_Werderdona

Any news from littleblue? Been trying to get in touch for a while. I understand that they might not have any time to devote to the project any more, but would be really helpful if they could release the source code they've worked on so that others may take up the efforts...

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weegie: I think littleblue's email has been posted on fmscout.com website.

Sidebar, I saw your post in the other thread and if you an in deed make a mac editor, I will love you forever!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Any news from littleblue? Been trying to get in touch for a while. I understand that they might not have any time to devote to the project any more, but would be really helpful if they could release the source code they've worked on so that others may take up the efforts...

Second this.

Coding is hard work and sometimes projects like this are so difficult that our real lives get in the way. Of course one of the beauties of open sourcing the code is others could provide some help as needed.

Certainly all credit goes to littleblue for all the tireless work she's put into this project already, however it would really help the small (but faithful) Mac FM community if the code could be made available.

Actually Weegie Im not far off finishing a prototype for FM10SX (although it works with FM09 games at the moment of course) - was going to finish it in secret then just upload it but if you are working on something and want to join forces or just want some help/notes for a bit of friendly competition send me an email or catch me on MSN/skype.

email: aoumi83 [at] gmail [dot] com

msn: aoumi83 [at] gmail [dot] com

screen1.jpg

forgot to say Weegie - ive put a check for updates / auto updater in it so if you want a copy to see things (there's debug tools in there too) let me know and I'll keep it up-to-date with my local build.

(no offence, but anybody not programming needn't apply because it's not in a public releasable state yet :o)

Well I could use a couple of people to test it for bugs and suggest features, etc but it's still not fully functional so it would only be for testing?

More than happy to test it LB, only playing FM09 as a bit of fun with custom databases. Did some testing for FMlive so quite patient with crashes etc.

This is great news. To let you other guys know out the I was also working on a Mac FM editor in secret. Its not quite as advanced as Littleblues.

I've been focusing on creating a real-time editor which allows you to edit the game by accessing the FM process memory, much like the other 3rd party editors do. I have written code which allows you to change the values at specific memory addresses, much like ArtMoney.

The next stage for me was to translate the FM framework by DrBernhard into something which would work on top of the code i've written to allow you to easily edit the FM game. Hopefully if I can team up with Littleblue then we can forge ahead...

• 2 weeks later...
This is great news. To let you other guys know out the I was also working on a Mac FM editor in secret. Its not quite as advanced as Littleblues.

I've been focusing on creating a real-time editor which allows you to edit the game by accessing the FM process memory, much like the other 3rd party editors do. I have written code which allows you to change the values at specific memory addresses, much like ArtMoney.

The next stage for me was to translate the FM framework by DrBernhard into something which would work on top of the code i've written to allow you to easily edit the FM game. Hopefully if I can team up with Littleblue then we can forge ahead...

Any chance any of this will be open sourced? There are plenty of folks with cocoa programming knowledge that would more than willing to help.

• 1 month later...
Actually Weegie Im not far off finishing a prototype for FM10SX (although it works with FM09 games at the moment of course) - was going to finish it in secret then just upload it but if you are working on something and want to join forces or just want some help/notes for a bit of friendly competition send me an email or catch me on MSN/skype.

email: aoumi83 [at] gmail [dot] com

msn: aoumi83 [at] gmail [dot] com

screen1.jpg

This looks great! Be nice to have a native OSX app to scout with. How are things coming along?

well my hard drive died and had to start all over again from scratch (which I almost didnt do but I enjoy it too much to not) Ive got to almost the same point I was at last time and now Im in the process of updating the code to be compatible with FM2010 savegames :)

Archived