Quality Rangers Side....

Eschaba

5 hours ago, Eschaba said:

Anyone else in their Rangers side have Tonali, Stengs, Barco, Pedrinho, Almada and Haaland? 😄 All by the start of my 2nd season. And no, I didn't cheat neither!

So, who did you sell in the first season and for how much in order to generate enough transfer cash to buy them?

My finances will go into the red come season end. But CL revenue will help somewhat. If need be I'd just sell one or two players. Or the club will help out. Wage bill currently over 700k a week. Allowance is 1mil.

The trick to buying these players is in installments and clauses. Pretty impressive if I do say so myself 🤗😪

My players I didn't want I stuck in reserves. They lost all their value. Kent went from 5.5m value and sold him for less than a mil.

What happens if you end up in the red by a fair amount? Do the board take out loans? In two minds to sell a player or two. Annoying thing about Scottish football. Domestic prize money is poor and the club have awfully low sponsership deals. Basically need to earn around 40m a season to cover the wage bill. Even though that isn't that high.

I did 4 years at Motherwell and pretty much all the starting 11 wanted to leave to bigger clubs despite finishing 3rd,3,rd,2nd,2nd and playing European football alongside me winning Betfred Cup each year and Scottish Cup one year.

Their values ranged from £11m to £6.5 but despite transfer listing them and offering them out nobody would take them. Felt like a bug in a way so I left to go to England until full release when I will go back to Rangers 1st chance I get.

Would not be bringing in the superstars you lot are though, youth and young Scottish talent for me every time :brock:

For Morelos I replaced with a cheap Russian Komlichenko and a player called Garcia. Can see in screenshot. For Barisic who was quality, was Lukaku from Lazio and Angelino from City on loan. And Gonzalo Montiel.

Edited by Eschaba

35 minutes ago, Eschaba said:

Sometimes it's hard to keep players. Especially for Motherwell😃

I accepted that but I couldn't sell anyone for even value price let alone above. Even when I had us playing in the Champions League no team would pay value for any players. It was infuriating as on the occasion that I did sell the board and fans would then be concerned I sold for so little.

Yeah, it's a pain in the arse. Especially when a player's agent limits a buyout clause to a much lower amount. About to lose Tonali for only 24m. Worth at least double. Tied down Haaland, though. 80m release clause. Clubs now want Montiel. Offering over like 20m. Easily worth at least double too.

@Eschaba

I am envious of your first year transfer record.  I am in December of the first season, have only had 2 bids- 1 for Grezda which I accepted and a derisory one for Morelos, so I still have no transfer budget.  My scouts have found lots of players who are not in the slightest interested in joining and have even turned down loans.  Maybe there will be some bids in January but I am struggling with Keepers with almost all of them on loan and a DL which has been hard to find one .

@FrazT should be straight forward. Start from scratch. Though update may of changed things. I uninstalled now. Lost Title to Celtic 3rd season by a point. I had better GD. They got 101 points and me 100. They were too overpowered when they shouldn't of been.

Play 4123 formation. BWM or DLP with BBM and AP. Get Alena on loan who was quality. Get Montiel and Bustos cheap. And sell Tavernier. I had Barisic as LWB who was quality and Flanagan as back up til I got Lukaku. 

Well, I really envy your transfer record- just finished my first transfer window and had a grand total of 2 bids for my first team squad-

Got a deal worth up to 29m for Tavernier from PSG( which is pretty absurd tbh)- thereafter McGregor threw a wobbly about the sale despite me saying that it was a deal that couldn't be ignored.  He went on and on about it and eventually I dropped him to the reserves and will not renew his deal that is due up at the end of the season. The board were concerned about the financial details of the deal as well- why?.  Turned down 13m for Jack at 7pm on dealine day and that was it!. Even with some transfer money available had horrendous difficulty getting any interest from anyone to come despite still being in the EL and through to the knockout stages.

I was the same @FrazT as I mentioned earlier with my Motherwell save. I thought of going back with Rangers after my two years at Watford but the lack of transfer offers has put me off and I've instead adopted a journeyman approach and gone to manage Cottbus in the German 3rd division where I have teams sniffing after my players after promotion to the 2nd.

I will inevitably go back and take on Rangers down the line but think I will travel more of the world first and come back home after a few more months with the game. Maybe in the new year. Fancy trying the MLS for the first time ever with a game.