[FM20] Manchester United: Falling Giant...

stevemc

22 minutes ago, stevemc said:

Curious what people are going with David de Gea and Paul Pogba, their high contracts are stressing me out?

Still have both for the time being. Rotating De Gea and Henderson with a view to have Henderson make the No.1 shirt his own, but not in any rush. 

Pogba's still here as I don't have anyone else to replace him in the short term. Ideally someone like Bellingham or Mejbri to step in long term when they're ready. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, stevemc said:

Curious what people are going with David de Gea and Paul Pogba, their high contracts are stressing me out?

Sold Pogba after the 1st season for 137 mil to PSG, and haven’t missed him.

Have actually just sold De Gea as well after the 4th season, again to PSG for 69 mil. He’s been brilliant for me, but he’s 32 now, wanted to change team around slightly and get rid of his wages. Henderson is going to be my no1.

5 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

How many here use De Gea as a sweeper keeper? As I know his attributes don't really suit it, but I prefer to use one. 

I do.  Have him on defend duty with his low vision. Rather solid there 

6 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

How many here use De Gea as a sweeper keeper? As I know his attributes don't really suit it, but I prefer to use one. 

I do I have him on support no issues yet.

Last games of the season United away to relegated Newcastle Liverpool away to relegated Crystal Palace,

I'm 3 points behind but with a plus 11 goal differance.

If Liverpool win the league it will be the first time ever on cm/fm saves for me.

gutted.

1:31 Lindelof header 0-1 

Liverpool 0-0 they're still champs :(

Salah 28 min 0-1 pool F*%K

HT 0-1 United 0-1 Liverpool

57:23 Lindelof header 0-2

58:17 Sakho for Palace 1-1 we have hope

89.31 Liverpool penalty scored 1-2 

:mad:

FT GUTTED

Just looking at the stats Liverpool scored 18 penalties  that season 

Edited by pele10

10 minutes ago, pele10 said:

1:31 Lindelof header 0-1 

Liverpool 0-0 they're still champs :(

Salah 28 min 0-1 pool F*%K

HT 0-1 United 0-1 Liverpool

57:23 Lindelof header 0-2

58:17 Sakho for Palace 1-1 we have hope

89.31 Liverpool penalty scored 1-2 

:mad:

FT GUTTED

Just looking at the stats Liverpool scored 18 penalties  that season 

Horrible losing it to that lot mate but to lose 1 game all season is something you should be happy with. What transfers did you make first season?

On 16/03/2020 at 11:23, MatthewS17 said:

Has anyone managed to figure out how to play Pogba alongside Bruno in a 4-3-3? I've tried different roles but one or the other always seems to be ineffective. I wanted Pogba to be the playmaker and Bruno to play ahead in a more goalscoring midfield role, but without him being played as the No. 10.

At the same time, struggling to get goals out the Striker in anything but the Advanced Forward role, which leaves a lot of gaps behind.

Might be a bit off with this cause you've used bruno appose to whom i've bought- maddison.

I used them both as AP-S, only on demo so take it lightly, my whole reason was pogba has never been the chance creative playmaker, madders can and in this case bruno. Hold down a creative midfield with sufficient DM and my chances created and oppertunities have improved than the BBM-AP/MEZ.

Tried doing the 4231 and it just doesnt work with ME issues so i reverted back to 433.

I do have sancho coming in at 89m steep but worth it. Shame cause i cant use him if im playing the demo xD 

2.PNG

Capture 3.PNG

Capture.PNG

26 minutes ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Horrible losing it to that lot mate but to lose 1 game all season is something you should be happy with. What transfers did you make first season?

No transfers so the rebuild starts now

2 hours ago, pele10 said:

No transfers so the rebuild starts now

Brilliant effort then mate. I'll start later today (I said I would start at the weekend but haven't got around to it yet) with the 1st window disabled and I plan on bringing in nobody in January either unless there's an injury crisis. What's your tactics looking like?

6 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Brilliant effort then mate. I'll start later today (I said I would start at the weekend but haven't got around to it yet) with the 1st window disabled and I plan on bringing in nobody in January either unless there's an injury crisis. What's your tactics looking like?

I'm playing 4-1-2-3 my starting 11 was

SK DDG

WB Wan

WB Shaw

BPD Lindelof

BPD Maguire

BWM  McTommy

DLP Pogba

MEZ Bruno

IF Rashford

IW Chong/James

PF Martial

Best Player was Bruno (assist machine)

Beast was Maguire he scored over 10 goals 

Top goal scorer was Martial with 29 league goals

But too many draws 

Season 2 midway point

Signings

Bellingham 

Ajar

Todibo

Sancho

And the director of football signed Haaland and a couple of u18s players total out goings £231.5m

Sold loads Mata, Lingard, Fosu-Mensah, Matic, Jones, Smalling, Romero, Bailly, Dalot, Pereira, James, Rojo, Sanchez and some minor players for £240m

1st in the league  P19 W14 D2 L3  F46 A9 PTS44

Top scorer Haaland 24 goals in 22 games

Assists Pogba 11 from 21 games

Best youth Mejbri 10 games 1 goal 6 assists

20 minutes ago, pele10 said:

Season 2 midway point

Signings

Bellingham 

Ajar

Todibo

Sancho

And the director of football signed Haaland and a couple of u18s players total out goings £231.5m

Sold loads Mata, Lingard, Fosu-Mensah, Matic, Jones, Smalling, Romero, Bailly, Dalot, Pereira, James, Rojo, Sanchez and some minor players for £240m

1st in the league  P19 W14 D2 L3  F46 A9 PTS44

Top scorer Haaland 24 goals in 22 games

Assists Pogba 11 from 21 games

Best youth Mejbri 10 games 1 goal 6 assists

How did you manage to sell Sanchez? 

10 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

I couldn't get a 4231 going so working on a 4123.

One of the hardest things to do in this FM and in 19. I was hoping someone would do a massive database change for 17 so it could work like a beauty

3 hours ago, BigV said:

One of the hardest things to do in this FM and in 19. I was hoping someone would do a massive database change for 17 so it could work like a beauty

I'm finally happy with my 4-1-2-3 but might try a 4-2-3-1.

What are the problems with 4-2-3-1?

2 minutes ago, pele10 said:

I'm finally happy with my 4-1-2-3 but might try a 4-2-3-1.

What are the problems with 4-2-3-1?

Getting the CAM to work. From what I tested and saw is that they usually just pass wide rather than forward to ths striker. With the ME not suiting central play and through balls aren't effective as one would hope, it makes it hard for them to be used. I should specifically state the AP and AM role cause I never used the others as they were too attacking and thats what my wide players were for. 

I basically try and get a similar outlook to Ole's plan, AP in attack and 2 behind him securing but one that could make something happen. 

In 17 I feel the CAM player does that alot more, I haven't tested it enough to be completely correct though cause people have had success as shown in this thread- take what I say lightly in comparson. 

Having a lot of success with a 4-4-2 currently.

Sk (Su)

FB (Su) BPD (Co) BPD (De) Fb (Su)

W (Su)  B2B (Su)  DLP (Su)  IW (At)

DLP (Su) AF (Su)

Last season (3rd season) won the lot, including unbeaten league season. (Only 5 draws, Scored 123 and only conceded 14)

Anyone actually have good screen shots of our youth developers such as Dalot, Laird, williams, tuanzebe, fosu, mengi, galbraith, chong, gomes, greenwood, james to some degree? Love to see some tbf depending on those that stayed and those that were sold. 

5 hours ago, BigV said:

Anyone actually have good screen shots of our youth developers such as Dalot, Laird, williams, tuanzebe, fosu, mengi, galbraith, chong, gomes, greenwood, james to some degree? Love to see some tbf depending on those that stayed and those that were sold. 

I'm in season 5, Williams and Greenwood have been 2 of my main players.

Screenshots of them both.

1533966456_williamss5.thumb.png.db281bead2e2cf66c3c521fb97fb68d1.png

794291260_greenwoods5.thumb.png.5d7f9a51f71b8dff89b77de7114d8299.png

10 minutes ago, sedge11 said:

I'm in season 5, Williams and Greenwood have been 2 of my main players

Bit crazy how williams can become so good, greenwood looks ballon do'r levels 

Hey everyone specially recent time players?would you reccomend to start a new save with the manchester united?ı did when game comes out but after updates would you advice me to give it  go?

1 hour ago, dido53 said:

Hey everyone specially recent time players?would you reccomend to start a new save with the manchester united?ı did when game comes out but after updates would you advice me to give it  go?

Yes, definitely. Having Bruno in the team is a real boost just like real life, he improves the team so much and it's enjoyable fitting him and Pogba into the same team, which hopefully we get to see for real sometime in the future. Williams has had a nice upgrade to his CA in this update, he's definitely a good rotation option for Shaw. 

Edited by Gee_Simpson

11 hours ago, BigV said:

Bit crazy how williams can become so good, greenwood looks ballon do'r levels 

Williams is my starting left back, had sold shaw and brought in Telles, but Williams just keeps being better than both.

Greenwood is very good,, 1st 2 seasons he was more of a sub so his goals total probably doesn't really reflect how good he is, but he's scoring more each season.

So onwards to season 5, after back to back titles and fa cup wins I said I wanted to freshen the team up, and that I did.

682226573_s5transfers.thumb.png.acef4cf7571bb54f75547680e2444be9.png

Some big names out, Sancho and Under both underperformed, and De Gea I didn't want to sell, but has given me the opportunity to make Henderson no1 and he's been brilliant. so didn't mind selling De Gea in the end.

PSG love my players, as that's now 4 players they have brought off me, Martial and Pogba being the other 2.

Semedo is a regen goalkeeper, loads of potential and a solid back up. With selling a few of the big names it's giving me a chance to play the youngsters more that I'm developing and that was the idea of freshening the team up.

We have had a great start, but have struggled abit, Greenwood missed the 1st 2 months of the season injured, then about 5 games in Rashford got injured for 5-6 gmaes, then we lost Chiesa for 2 months the very next game. So as they were going to be my starting front 3 we did struggle for goals early on, Winterbottom the regen I mentioned in a previous post has got plenty of games though which has been good. We still somehow sit top after 13 games though, with Spurs of all teams are breathing down our necks. 

Big news as well, we have had a takeover.

takeover.thumb.png.e91241f71e3104e37379d60c9c91d4e6.png

With that takeover, the new board brought 2 new players in.

386138953_boardsdeals.thumb.PNG.b0dd876d80dcdf06ad8ebced1bd5ee8d.PNG

I'm not sure how I feel about these, both quality no doubt about that, but midfield wise I'm pretty stacked already, Saul can play a defensive role so may rotate him with Mctominay. With Sule, I was looking at another defender for next season but someone younger like Upamecano. I would of much preferred if they would of brought an attacker as that's where we may be short, but either way it means I'm going to have to sell a couple in January to fit them in, otherwise going to end up with too many unhappy players that aren't playing.

Edited by sedge11

9 saat önce, Gee_Simpson said:

Yes, definitely. Having Bruno in the team is a real boost just like real life, he improves the team so much and it's enjoyable fitting him and Pogba into the same team, which hopefully we get to see for real sometime in the future. Williams has had a nice upgrade to his CA in this update, he's definitely a good rotation option for Shaw. 

Thanks mate Bruno is a good addition i believe not sure about pogba as he wanta to leave but we will see.williams Greenwood mctominay rashford martial i want them to be my main guys:)

3 hours ago, sedge11 said:

Big news as well, we have had a takeover.

I wish this was reality :D big ballsy window. Saul is class I believe although his PA is somewhat close to his CA. Sule is a good option, recommend looking at Alessandro Bastoni, Nehuen perez, Mlang Sarr, Konate and Todibo (play dc and DM) ALL 19/20 years of age when you start so they'll be in their 24s ish. Bastoni becomes a beast so wouldn't be suprised if he's at RM/PSG or barca. 

1 hour ago, BigV said:

I wish this was reality :D big ballsy window. Saul is class I believe although his PA is somewhat close to his CA. Sule is a good option, recommend looking at Alessandro Bastoni, Nehuen perez, Mlang Sarr, Konate and Todibo (play dc and DM) ALL 19/20 years of age when you start so they'll be in their 24s ish. Bastoni becomes a beast so wouldn't be suprised if he's at RM/PSG or barca. 

Yea I don’t mind the signings just wish they were abit younger or brought younger players. Saul is class and even though I have a lot of midfielders I will make space for him.

I doubt will sign another cb now the new board signed Sule, unless he turns out to be crap. I have got Milenkovic from Fiorentina in season 3 and he’s class been one of my best players.

I did look at Todibo though in the summer just gone, but he went to city for 94mil.

Edited by sedge11

After winning the treble  in season 2, I was thinking season 3 will be my last because of a lack of any challenge oh, how wrong  I was.

After 19 games i sit second 4 points behind Liverpool but I have a game in hand. 

P19 W16 D3 L0 F39 A4 P51

54 dakika önce, pele10 said:

After winning the treble  in season 2, I was thinking season 3 will be my last because of a lack of any challenge oh, how wrong  I was.

After 19 games i sit second 4 points behind Liverpool but I have a game in hand. 

P19 W16 D3 L0 F39 A4 P51

whats your tactic?no challenge ı believe premier league is the best :)

Well halfway through the 5th season and I am in a very tight title battle with Spurs, City and Liverpool.

We have had a pretty dreadful December, but we end with a Greenwood masterclass against one of our rivals.

1149901518_5forgreenwood.thumb.png.1816eac3c9a81431810a04a9cfd18551.png

Now with the new boards signings of Sule and Saul to join, hopefully that win will help us push on.

EDIT: Bruno Fernandes is now officially the best player in the world, he should of won it last season as well but now rightfully gets the award.

745409787_brunobestinworld.thumb.PNG.e55f5ed97dff2026f71b5733c4d49708.PNG

Edited by sedge11