Football Manager 2020 Feedback Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My two pennies worth for what its worth after around 10 games worth of viewing.

An improvement in general play within the match engine, however noticed an abundance of long balls over the top of defenses. I play extremely short passing tactics and this is far from ideal & not how i envisage my tactics working out.

I believe this is in no doubt down to the fact defenders just fail to deal with anticipating these balls, dropping off and dealing effectively with the threat. Top defenders in game standing static and only acting after the strikers are long gone. They fail to realize that it is acceptable to drop off and anticipate the through balls.  

On a more positive note, side net shots have been toned down considerably which is great to see. 

All in all, some improvement but the long ball/defensive errors still way off unfortunately. 

11 horas atrás, KUBI disse:

I just suggest to watch other matches goals. There are a lot of 1 on 1 conversions now. 

The thing is in my games me or the opposition just fail in clear cut chances moments in central areas. 

But I will give the benefit of doubt and blame the Pellegris PPMs. 

Would you need to start a new save in the demo or go from the off? seems an overall positive guage on the game with a few small issues. Long balls seem a tad bit strong again by the feedback, is there an official reason to as that is yet or is it still in testing phase to work it out? 

• SI Staff

Seen a few people asking about penalties - we identified an issue with certain referees that had blank data (which was unrelated to the determination issue from before). This specifically affected the Scottish leagues as their officials had no data on the whole, and also explains why some people had the issue and others didn't. It's fixed now to be balanced more around their CA and the penalty levels look much better overall now.

1 hour ago, Johnny Ace said:

Just watching AI games & this seems to be a problem, little balls pumped over the defensive line for an easy 1 on 1

Leicester 0-5 Watford here, Watford score from 2 of them & Leicester (Vardy) misses 2 

Fullbacks (Wingbacks?) still seem nuts, in a game I watched last night, Luke Shaw scored two identical goals in picking the ball up on the corner of the box & blasting a rocket into the far corner. He wasn't the only one doing that either 

Leicester v Watford.pkm 71.41 kB · 4 downloads

It's not much, but I forwarded my game into the first match of the season against City in the Community Shield. I got battered possession wise, but originally, I thought  I created more chances than they did, from balls over the top.

I scored a goal thanks to a through ball. City scored one this way, and another through a ball over the top. Although, and many people say not to consider it, but CCC's have drastically increased, as City had 6 and I had 3 or four, don't remember. Was just doing a test run. Which is funny, as I had more shots, and the highlights seemed to deem me as having more chances. So now, I think it's been balanced out to create normal scorelines, as the result was 2-1 to them. They had double the CCC's I had, and in the end, overall, the result seems kind of fair. 

I'm kind of unsure of wingbacks. My left wingback regularly got into a position for a shot, which seems accurate enough. Never banged it in, had one that went wide, and another that was saved. 

My right "full back" was nowhere to be seen. Didn't really support my winger too much, so I imagine it's all been toned down, as previously I was seeing the full back bombarding up ahead of the winger regularly.

Edited by MatthewS17

9 hours ago, pezza00 said:

It actually is couch potato football.  More than switch tactics to a 4-3-3, 3-4-3, 4-2-3-1, push players forward, take higher risks, fresh subs, what else is there?  If you have the quality players it should happen sometimes or more often, yet, I repeat, it's never happens (injury time goals) and very rarely happens (comebacks) when you're down by more than two goals even when I have the stronger team on paper and I'm down against weaker opponents early in the match.  It seems, once you go down 2-0, it's game over no matter what tactical changes you make.

I suppose, since others are saying it does happen for them, it must be me.  Maybe I don't have the Pep Guardiola cyber skills the others have.

It absolutley does happen, its happened twice in a season for me with a welsh 2nd division club with poor players playing a basic route one, i tweeked some tactics, pushed a higher line and went more intense pressing and i've come back from 2 goals down a couple of times, check out the bust the net video on team instructions on You Tube recently released and that helped me loads. Its not going to work 100% of the time though but you don't need 'pep guardiola cyber skills' whatever that means to pull it off.

12 minutes ago, Jack Joyce said:

Seen a few people asking about penalties - we identified an issue with certain referees that had blank data (which was unrelated to the determination issue from before). This specifically affected the Scottish leagues as their officials had no data on the whole, and also explains why some people had the issue and others didn't. It's fixed now to be balanced more around their CA and the penalty levels look much better overall now.

Can we get an update on defender unresponsiveness and CCC's from balls over the top of a defence? 

9 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

It happens, but this is literally the worse pass in football you could make :D

Why does he smash it twice to score? like seriously he has time to place it (obvs trait) but even then no one smashes it from there. Think there is a problem of shooting too quick when they can do more or "have time" 

• SI Staff
1 minute ago, Rakosi said:

Can we get an update on defender unresponsiveness and CCC's from balls over the top of a defence? 

We're investigating potential changes for the future but it's a very delicate part of the ME that can have serious knock-ons so can't give any timeframe on that.

1 minute ago, Rakosi said:

Christ they just released a patch yesterday, what other games developer would release a patch as quickly? 

No pleasing some people. 

Played a few games last night and had a 1 v 1 scored against me in the first 5 minutes of my first game, typical. ME looked really good though, even if it was only a small sample size!

8 minutes ago, BigV said:

Why does he smash it twice to score? like seriously he has time to place it (obvs trait) but even then no one smashes it from there. Think there is a problem of shooting too quick when they can do more or "have time" 

That's Jamie Vardy so whatever PPM's he has :D

17 minutes ago, ChrisCo said:

Christ they just released a patch yesterday, what other games developer would release a patch as quickly? 

No pleasing some people. 

Played a few games last night and had a 1 v 1 scored against me in the first 5 minutes of my first game, typical. ME looked really good though, even if it was only a small sample size!

I think he was referring to a response/update from a Mod on the long ball & CCC issues, not an updated patch.

Personally think it's a massive improvement based on the small sample size I've seen. Players are still missing one-on-ones (mostly from tougher angles to score from) but to be honest barring a handful of players in each top league in real life, players in general aren't that good at one-on-ones. You see them saved by the keeper quite frequently unless they are absolute dead cert ones (down the middle with no defender putting them under pressure). I conceded one goal where the striker bundled past my CB scruffily to then slide the ball past the keeper. Then I equalised off a one-two with my striker from my segundo volante who also finished nicely one on one.

4 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

You need to opt out of it for the update if you're opted in 

I was & it didn't show, opted out & there it was

“Select the beta you would like to opt into:

Drop down - NONE - Opt out of all beta programs

cant select the drop down at all 

4 minutes ago, Vertical Tiki-Taka said:

I think he was referring to a response/update from a Mod on the long ball & CCC issues, not an updated patch.

I know. My point was, the devs have just released a new patch which it is fair to assume took a fair amount of time and work to do. Demanding updates the next day (with the only fix being another patch, realistically) seems a tad entitled to me.

2 minutes ago, MattStatto said:

Personally think it's a massive improvement based on the small sample size I've seen. Players are still missing one-on-ones (mostly from tougher angles to score from) but to be honest barring a handful of players in each top league in real life, players in general aren't that good at one-on-ones. You see them saved by the keeper quite frequently unless they are absolute dead cert ones (down the middle with no defender putting them under pressure). I conceded one goal where the striker bundled past my CB scruffily to then slide the ball past the keeper. Then I equalised off a one-two with my striker from my segundo volante who also finished nicely one on one.

Really nice goal there! Even the best 1on1's are 50-50 chances at best.

Just now, Mitja said:

Really nice goal there! Even the best 1on1's are 50-50 chances at best.

lmao sadly that was against me, but I appreciated it's realism. You can see how the striker bundles past my last man scruffily before getting it out of his feet to slide it past the keeper.

1 minute ago, ChrisCo said:

I know. My point was, the devs have just released a new patch which it is fair to assume took a fair amount of time and work to do. Demanding updates the next day (with the only fix being another patch, realistically) seems a tad entitled to me.

Not demanding anything.  Asking to see if the issue is being looked at as a new problem with the ME or whether it's the intended design.  

6 minutes ago, Fritz13 said:

“Select the beta you would like to opt into:

Drop down - NONE - Opt out of all beta programs

cant select the drop down at all 

I'm in the game so can't check but it's like Library - FM2020 - right click - Properties - Beta. Just double check you're not still in it 

ETA: Just checked, sounds like you're not in it 

Edited by Johnny Ace

• SI Staff
On 29/11/2019 at 10:33, Novem9 said:

Is it a case for bug forum or I dont realize something?

1996696438_Image3.thumb.png.8b42d156d1303c145170f6d12b469b42.png

I play first season in Almeria and we are in Second League in 5th place (media prediction is 12). What is board talking about?

@Seb Wassell

Could you post that here for me please - https://community.sigames.com/forum/726-football-manager-2020-bugs-forum/

5 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

I'm in the game so can't check but it's like Library - FM2020 - right click - Properties - Beta. Just double check you're not still in it 

ETA: Just checked, sounds like you're not in it 

Yeah once I’m out of it I get an option now for “pubic beta”

both asking for the code but like you said I don’t think I’m in it

if there is a code to enter then I don’t appear to have it .....

any help from @SI would be much appreciated 

1 hour ago, Jack Joyce said:

And the huge amount of missed penalties? Has this been fixed now?

There is something seriously wrong with how the system interprets "lost possession".

Most of my players, when browsing the analysis immediately after a match, have several marks for 'lost possession' when doing crosses or lateral passes, even successful ones. Makes no sense. My keeper as well is marked for lost possession when kicking the ball to my defenders, even if they receive the ball.

Could account some of the bad defensive ratings.

Furthermore it seems that the system do not respond to the buttons in the lowest row; 'direction' and 'lenght'.

6e.thumb.png.6206082845d81e2c8ce8be415937d625.png

Lastly, I think there is a problem with the hit box of players blocking passes. In the new patch there are several blocked crosses, shots and passes where the players hitbox seems to be too solid. You will never (my guess) see a pass or cross that only hits a defender a little bit, it's either a full on block where the ball goes back in the direction it came from or slightly off from that angle but not by much. You wont see crosses only get there half-ways because of a defender partially blocking.

2 minutes ago, Champfan10 said:

image.png.da5bc05855aff8c2949ad8315fd25751.png

Deep through balls seem to be the main threat now.

Are you playing with a really high line? Because it would make sense for deep through balls to be effective against you if you are and your midfield/forwards aren't successfully pressing the ball player. If you're playing a deep block and still conceding from deep through balls then there's defo a problem.