Football Manager 2020 Feedback Thread

14 minutes ago, BigV said:

What exactly is wrong with the CCC's though, like I can see it being a hard thing to define but at the same time long balls over the top quite far out and them shooting= a CCC, what are the specifics that @Svenc and others feel that makes it unreliable to what it should be?

Some of the CCC's aren't that clear cut due to the angle that the shot comes from. In front of goal one on one is obviously as big a chance as you get. But FM also counts a shot from the byline as a CCC because its from close to goal for example. 

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, BigV said:

What exactly is wrong with the CCC's though, like I can see it being a hard thing to define but at the same time long balls over the top quite far out and them shooting= a CCC, what are the specifics that @Svenc and others feel that makes it unreliable to what it should be?

See the following link -- plus Players Focus far too much on them. Goals will come from all kinds of chances, not merely CCCs. Initially they were once introduced to show how sides can drop points despite having umpteenth shots. Because, that doesn't always happen undeserved. They have never been up to the task, and never will be. For that to happen, the game would need to introduce timelines to reflect the dynamic match Management of the AI (AI takes the lead and then defends -- AI goes behind and starts to attack -- Player creates the bulk of the chances when it's far too late, etc.), and rate each and every Chance seperately rather than treading them all equal opportunity.

edit: The Forum still capslocks starting letters of my post randomly (don't know what's going on).

Edited by Svenc

2 horas atrás, Neil Brock disse:

Hotfix to address some stability issues as shown here - https://community.sigames.com/topic/507465-football-manager-2020-2021-hotfix-out-now/

When will the devs address the problem with people wanting to play in window mode? Since the last update it's becoming very frustrating having to change everytime someone launches the game. Same thing with the zoom out option, the game just doesn't save the preferred settings.

I think i'm done with this game for now.

Just lost against Chelsea with Liverpool in 2022-2023, we have similar quality players in each team.

6 shots - 3 in target for them, 17 and 11 in target for me. 1-0 of course.

My tactic works perflectly during the game, i don't know how many times my wingers, midfielders, striker got the ball, and pass it to the box to box (Milinkovic-Savic), to another winger (Salah), who ran to the goal behind defenders, one vs one, and the shot is two miles away from the target or right on the goal... They don' have any intelligence, don't try a lob, never dribbling the goal, no they just shot like no brainer bulls, straight ahead, right on the goal.

How could it be a tactic issue ? There is no instruction who'd have an effect like "shoot like world class players you are supposed to be ?" Really I had the impression i was the manager of my neighbourhood team, a bunch of forty year old men who shot strong without thinking.

I don't talk about corners and free kicks, it's impossible to score for a player with his head on this sequences since 20.2, the ball always goes 1km away from the goal.

Tired, really tired, it was far better before 20.2, the only good thing that it changed is that wingers do not try to shot from weird positions anymore.

I am aware that we can't always win, but really can you imagine Liverpool miss 7 or 8 one versus one during the same game, with the players doing exactly the same every time ? It's fuc**** frustrating.

PS : sorry for my english

Edited by Vault-Tec

39 minutes ago, Vault-Tec said:

Just lost against Chelsea with Liverpool in 2022-2023, we have similar quality players in each team.

My tactic works perflectly during the game, i don't know how many times my wingers, midfielders, striker got the ball, and pass it to the box to box (Milinkovic-Savic), to another winger (Salah), who ran to the goal behind defenders, one vs one, and the shot is two miles away from the target or right on the goal... They don' have any intelligence, don't try a lob, never dribbling the goal, no they just shot like no brainer bulls, straight ahead, right on the goal.

How could it be a tactic issue ? There is no instruction who'd have an effect like "shoot like world class players you are supposed to be ?" Really I had the impression i was the manager of my neighbourhood team, a bunch of forty year old men who shot strong without thinking.

I don't talk about corners and free kicks, it's impossible to score for a player with his head on this sequences since 20.2, the ball always goes 1km away from the goal.

Tired, really tired, it was far better before 20.2.

I am aware that we can't win at any time, but really can you imagine Liverpool miss 7 or 8 one versus one during the same game, with the players doing exactly the same every time ? It's fuc**** frustrating.

The best team doesn't always win. Neither does the one with the best chances, or the most shots on goal. 

46 minutes ago, Vault-Tec said:

Tired, really tired, it was far better before 20.2, the only good thing that it changed is that wingers do not try to shot from weird positions anymore.

I am aware that we can't always win, but really can you imagine Liverpool miss 7 or 8 one versus one during the same game, with the players doing exactly the same every time ? It's fuc**** frustrating.

Looks like the lower level teams are much better at 1-on-1s, which is interesting. I play in Singapore Premier League (yeah, technically not a lower level), and my players are scoring from about 50% of clear 1-on-1s. And they don't always just blindly shoot, many times they take a couple of steps to the side and then shoot - and these they've never missed so far.

17 minutes ago, KlaaZ said:

The best team doesn't always win. Neither does the one with the best chances, or the most shots on goal. 

I know I know, frustration talking.

But on the other side I'm tired thinking "your tactic is wrong, it is just the almighty ME which is right". The fact is that when you reach a point where world class player shoot like brainless bulls (it is really the idea that comes to my mind), you can't help but thinking "something is not right". And this something cannot be your tactic, cause there is no instruction to change that.

So this is the ME. And if it not ok for this, why couldn't it be wrong for other sequences ?

This feeling of misunderstanding, unfairness makes me went mad on some games.

This, and the impossibility to score on corners and free kicks since 20.2. The ball always go far from the target.

18 minutes ago, Mikke said:

Looks like the lower level teams are much better at 1-on-1s, which is interesting. I play in Singapore Premier League (yeah, technically not a lower level), and my players are scoring from about 50% of clear 1-on-1s. And they don't always just blindly shoot, many times they take a couple of steps to the side and then shoot - and these they've never missed so far.

It almost never happen to me. They just rush and when they are within the last yards, it is strong or weak shots. No delicacy, no lob, no attempt to dribble the goalkeeper... Whereas I remember that the last time I played FM (FM 2014), sometimes I saw successful attempts to lob the goalkeeper.

1-1 against Braga, I may have asked my players to play too offensive, okay I deserve to concede a goal.

But really, three times one of my midfielder went behind the back of the defence, huge ground level shots, three times huge reflex from the goalkeeper.

Yes it might happen.

But if I watch highlights of real football this week-end, I remember Reus, Thorgan Hazard and Jadon Sancho who scored several goals for Dortmund, when they are one on one they score it, they shot smoothly or rather strong, but they don't do right on the goalkeeper. Is it really impossible to reproduce it in FM ?

21 minutes ago, Iwabik said:

What even is this? Are they marking themselves? I gave this game one more chance but I'm done. Unless they fix braindead defenders, it's time to go to some old FM.

s5aWNzt.png

Get a PKM in for that dude, doesn't look right at all 

i really want to like this game, I love fm games, with having a family life with kids and wife etc this is the only game that fits my lifestyle. but the flaws are just to obvious, any developer that plays there own game would realize that, please just make fm better that's all I ask, when I say the game has never been in a worse state that it is right now is a understatement.

1 hour ago, Iwabik said:

What even is this? Are they marking themselves? I gave this game one more chance but I'm done. Unless they fix braindead defenders, it's time to go to some old FM.

s5aWNzt.png

Looks suspect, but what was the context, can you remember? If this is just after a corner, then you can maybe understand it if they have been zonal marking, but if this was just from the green team on a normal attack, that clearly shouldn't be happening. 

A still image doesn't really tell that much, the classic example below...

Image result for maradona v belgium

in my third season with the latest patch and im afraid the match engine is worse than any previous version i recall going back to football manager days. Engine looks like it has more potential than any other but  there is a lot that is horribly wrong

Main issues (some related)

huge amount of chances per game...

awful conversion ratio of chances (which keeps scores realistic)  however which goals go in seem to be very random meaning the match result is often random

goal keepers seem to make incredible saves from one on ones, penalties and close range shots but often let in some strange effort

penalty ratios are 3 missed to 1 scored

defenders cannot defend over the top balls and get skimmed way too easily. 

huge amount of goals from set pieces. Seems to be the one area goalkeepers fail! 

Huge shame about the engine as everything else seems to be as good as it has ever been

Edited by hh123

10 minutes ago, hh123 said:

in my third season with the latest patch and im afraid the match engine is worse than any previous version i recall going back to football manager days. Engine looks like it has more potential than any other but  there is a lot that is horribly wrong

awful conversion ratio of chances (which keeps scores realistic)  however which goals go in seem to be very random meaning the match result is often random

goal keepers seem to make incredible saves from one on ones, penalties and close range shots but often let in some strange effort

huge amount of goals from set pieces. Seems to be the one area goalkeepers fail! 

Huge shame about the engine as everything else seems to be as good as it has ever been

agreed. basically every game has been a roll of dice and so no point in playing it as such. its simply pathetic that such game breaking update can be allowed to rolled out. 

uninstalled was the solution as would have carried on playing ruining the save ultimately.

3 hours ago, Iwabik said:

s5aWNzt.png

Is this a set piece? If so they're bugged. I've reported it but have had no reply.

3 hours ago, hh123 said:

My feelings exactly. 

One on one's feel like they are as low a percentage chance of a goal as a 35 yarder from my leftback. 

Rather than artificially nerfing the chances of scoring from a great chance I wish they'd just keep clear cut chances as clear cut chances. So tactically they are the holy grail in FM as they are IRL. 

As it stands right now I don't care about creating them or conceding them because I only see about 1 in 10 go in. 

The game shouldn't artificially punish players for playing risky attacking football by keeping the scores down. It should in fact punish them by having them lose 6-3 due to the wide open defence they've left. IE allowing players to score the one on one's and great chances they get at a realistic rate. (ì ầm thinking Kevin keegan era Newcastle here, currently feels impossible to recreate on FM as the ME would just have you win 1-0 from a corner after having both teams miss about 9 CCC's) 

It should be a risk reward thing going more attacking. As it stands now its just an exercise in frustration and the most important thing it's often just not fun. 

First time I've felt like this about an FM. It's not like I'm losing either I've got a 70% win percentage over 6 seasons. 

I think SI have become so obsessed with real life football they've started to sắp the fun from the game by artificially keeping scores down, so there is exactly 2 to 2.5 goals per game. 

7 hours ago, KlaaZ said:

Peppie G. says hi. Practically in almost all of his Major losses in the past Five years running, in particular this term. And I think he's a top class manager managing spaces on the pitch, as opposed to shot (on target) counts on a spreadsheet. That he has so many shots is because he's managing an attacking side. Not all top teams have this many shots.

For as Long as you won't create a tactic which doesn't concedes shots (Peppie G around 6 average usually), you will concede goals. Sometimes, they will cost you Points. Not always  massively against a run of play.

But quite a few times. Or else this wouldn't be a Football Simulation.  https://understat.com/match/11659

That's my Basic criticism as of FM's stats, btw. The AI of this game doesn't care about the shots on the spreadsheet, it only cares about the scorelines. Any feedback that brings the human Management closer to the AI's would be massively incline in my book. It mustn't be anything like the above exactly. But even showing simple stuff, like how many Players on average are still behindi the ball upon an interception / shot, would explain a lot why against attacking sides, it can be oft easier to score, and vice versa against defensive sides. It may even encourage Players to toy with similar ideas, rather than just Managing poss+shot Counts. Just... ANYTHING. :D 

Just seen the "AI Needs fewer shots Always" brigade is up on Steam again btw. Players are flat out convinced it would score more of the on on ones too. As somebody who wants at least the few elite/top managers on this to be smarter, which would increase their "efficiency", this bugs me very much. 

Edited by Svenc

After playing 15-20 more matches, I also feel that the long passes are a bit too accurate and the defence reaction time to these long balls also looks a bit low. Only slight tweak is required in both these areas imo. Nothing too drastic.

@Svenc Sometimes I really wonder what you are trying to say. Also I don't get why you keep mentioning Pep all the time. It's just one team, it's a drop in sea of football. Yes his teams play expansive football with highest d-line, with best players in the world. Of course such team will always be vulnarable from counters and most teams will defend with 10men behind ball which inflates shots numbers. But it's just one team. I think we all understand best teams don't always win that's the beauty of football. Searching for anomalys is all good but it doesn't prove much in sport like football where anything can happen. Looking at statistics we see pattern how bigger teams loose their points. We know that SOT to goals ratio is far better for teams playing on counters and vice versa. This all so basic stuff. All that being said it's not hard to spot that FM stats don't reflect real life too good. It's far too easy reaching abnormal amounts of SOTs (and 1on1's in current ME) which normally leads to lots of frustration. And rightly so.

Here's one game between two even teams, what is anomaly here?

20191209132241_1.jpg.fe41fc49dd2d4192c8c

Edited by Mitja

13 minutes ago, Mitja said:

Here's one game between two even teams, what is anomaly here?

20191209132241_1.jpg.fe41fc49dd2d4192c8c

Going by my experience, the flawed many attempts on target purely from the set piece (plus perhaps a couple Punts from Yards out aimed at the keeper), which as headers under pressure are oftenly saved. (Blue dots in this shot Analysis). I've Long argued this to be a game flaw, which is one reason why I'd like to see a stat introduced showing the percentages frmo the set piece / actual Play / counters. And I'd be surprised to see this differently.

2HCSDGR.png

It's also a pain in the butt currently to assess this, as you have to double-click on all the shots back to back. :D In the longer term, These SOT shouldn't be that easy to come by--  perhaps, their conversion may be also slightly too low, which would mean tweaks to Header accuracy+strength, etc.)

Edited by Svenc

1 minute ago, Svenc said:

Going by my experience, the flawed many attempts on target purely from the set piece, which as headers under pressure are oftenly saved. (Blue dots in this shot Analysis). I've Long argued this to be a game flaw. And I'd be surprised to see this differently.

Are you sure shots are inflated purely because of set-pieces? Even if that's the case, it's still flawed. Personally biggest issue is that it would take three games to reach those shots numbers. Statistically that match should have some 10 goals scored probably even more.

4 minutes ago, Svenc said:

The guy wasn't on About the SOT tho. He was on About dropping a few Points despite having more shots.

That's not important here is it.

10 minutes ago, Mitja said:

Are you sure shots are inflated purely because of set-pieces? Even if that's the case, it's still flawed. Personally biggest issue is that it would take three games to reach those shots numbers. Statistically that match should have some 10 goals scored probably even more.

Not purely, but big time so every time I have seen such a match. Lots of SOT for one side and Little goals have been a sure bet for many releases… and the mostley easily saved set piece attempts have been by far the main source of frustration imo.

As such,
Satistically, it's roughly a 2.9 - 2.6 match if going by average shot conversions (1 Goal in 10 shots).
But indeed a higher scoring affair if going by average SOT conversions (usually 1 Goal every 3th-4th shot on target).

9 minutes ago, Mitja said:

PS sorry that shot analysys is from that game? still flawed..

lots of corners there too..

As I don't have that match, no. It's simply what I typically find when looking at Matches with lots of SOT and Little Goals. Lots of Corners indeed here too, which is typically another clue for the set piece after set piece attempt. 

This is Long-term.

Short-term, as to FM20 I agree, the 1vs1s / frequency of defense Splitting passes are an additional source of Frustration!

Edited by Svenc

7 minutes ago, Svenc said:

Not purely, but big time so every time I have seen such a match. Lots of SOT for one side and Little goals have been a sure bet for many releases…

Yeah with those crossing and corners numbers hardly surprising. But to be fair at least crosses have been tuned down to realistic numbers at least in previous ME. Kudos for that. Hopefully we don't get it back. :D

Edited by Mitja

8 minutes ago, Mitja said:

Yeah with those crossing and corners numbers hardly surprising. But to be fair at least crosses have been tuned down to realistic numbers at least in previous ME. Kudos for that.

Maybe they can also tune the headers some, so that more of those set piece SOT go in. However, they should be careful, imo. If a side sits deep to spoil, it concedes more set pieces by default. If you overtune set piece conversions, they'd simply crack from a set piece every other week. Now most players prefer to play free-flowing attacking football on this. But this is crucial also for the AI, as the AI doesn't exclusively play attacking football of course. :D  It well may be just a case of that it's too easy to finish a set piece with a shot / on target in-game, in general… In football, but a fraction of set pieces end successfully with a shot. On FM's level of statistics, you'd simply see these many shots on target and (rightfully) assume that there was something pretty good going on. Lots of attempts, lots on target… Looking behind the scenes, and judged with a subjective eye, it's oft an attacking side struggling to break a defense down from any play (and thus with its tactics used, as set pieces have seperate screens for tactics).

Might still be different in the match you showed, mind. :) However, that's been my experience whenever viewing such a match ever since About, I don't know at least FM15 (also between AI -- or when I seem to be struggling converting SOT into Goals myself).

Edited by Svenc

Typically, I win, but I’m noticing a very concerning trend in games where I go behind by more than two goals - I can’t score. Ever. This has happened enough now that the pattern is pretty consistent. And the goals usually come from long balls or a long, accurate cross from a throw-in. I’m currently playing a game in a similar situation and shots are hitting the post. Is anyone else experiencing the same?

I think this match engine update has been such a mistake. I really wish something could be done and soon. The game is so inconsistent now. I truly understand the feeling of “randomness” that others are having. And what’s worse, the goals being scored in games like the aforementioned aren’t necessarily quality goals - long shots from weak headers, rebounds in the box, etc. 

Maybe the AI of top teams is too overpowered this year? At home and against weaker teams, this never happens. It’s hard to be definitive about any of this because the game doesn’t feel consistent. 

I’m always willing to give SI the benefit of the doubt and there are times where I’ve felt that I’ve begun to understand what’s occurring in the game, but then that gets twisted on its head. 

Is anyone having consistent success against top teams away from home? In a major European league? In the UCL? I’m genuinely curious. 

Edited by zachalxnder

I've played this game since the start, I've played all FM's on full match highlights since the visual representations started.

This means I watch every game from start to finish.

I should be a beta tester.

This ME although not perfect (Can never be by the way) is very, very good.

I think that judgements based on watching highlight clips could provide a distorted result.

I hope Si bear this in mind while analysing the feedback, I would hate to end up with an engine made too easy again.

The closer to perfection, the bigger the cracks appear to be.

Edited by Os

1 minute ago, Os said:

I've played this game since the start, I've played all FM's on full mactch highlights since the visual representations started.

That means I watch every game from start to finish.

I should be a beta tester.

This ME although not perfect (Can never be by the way) is very very good.

I think that judgements based on watching highlight clips could provide a distorted result.

I hope Si bear this in mind when analysing the feedback, I would hate to end up with an engine made too easy again.

The closer to perfection, the bigger the cracks appear to be.

I agree as I hope they don't mess with the ME too much . FM19 I think became worse because of people complaining about the ME . It seems ok to me but probably not for the purists who want a Fifa style game

I just want to see goals that look like those scored in real life. If you watch real life matches the types of goals that are scored are almost impossible to replicate in the ME and those we see in the game are generally all similar. The variety just isn’t there at all. 

Hard thing to get right and probably needs a completely new engine but it’s way off at the moment in terms of variety. 

26 minutes ago, Svenc said:

Might still be different in the match you showed, mind. :) However, that's been my experience whenever viewing such a match ever since About, I don't know at least FM15 (also between AI -- or when I seem to be struggling converting SOT into Goals myself).

Definetely good reason for keeping fouls, crosses and corners on realistic levels. 

15 minutes ago, prot651 said:

I agree as I hope they don't mess with the ME too much . FM19 I think became worse because of people complaining about the ME . It seems ok to me but probably not for the purists who want a Fifa style game

The same FIFA that everybody seems to be crying about?

Again a case of being a victim of their own success.

If either game was not cutting the mustard it would show in the sales numbers.

Stay strong please Si, keep the challenge of the simulation as it should be.

15 minutes ago, DP said:

Hard thing to get right and probably needs a completely new engine but it’s way off at the moment in terms of variety. 

Won't happen until forward pass and short pass into space is improved. Also there's big problem with how MCs never go beyond strikers to play one-two's. It was all there in fm17. How many times per game we see onrushing player trying to hit first time cross after short through ball, dozens? But it doesn't happen, fullbacks all dribble down the line with confidence of Messi.

Edited by Mitja

Is there also a chance that the AI is just better (maybe too good) at exploiting tactical weaknesses this year? It’s inconsistent, but that’s how I end up conceding - where I’m flawed. That seems to be obvious, sure, but it doesn’t happen in 95% of games. Yet, when it does, I’m picked apart. 

2 hours ago, zachalxnder said:

Is there also a chance that the AI is just better (maybe too good) at exploiting tactical weaknesses this year? It’s inconsistent, but that’s how I end up conceding - where I’m flawed. That seems to be obvious, sure, but it doesn’t happen in 95% of games. Yet, when it does, I’m picked apart. 

Do you think the AI's that smart? I've often thought that but then I just think they naturally exploit weaknesses in your tactic with their own regardless. Like, the ass man info when get during games, that's just a reaction to the the in game stats so if the AI's losing it will shift things up, if it's down on possession by a lot, it'll shorten passes 

Interestingly enough, during a game last night the AI changed formation 3 times against me, I was 2-0 up at HT, it changed formation then it changed to it's claw something back" formation late on      

22 hours ago, herne79 said:

Yes, even if it's a known issue every bug report gets looked at and (if relevant information is included such as a pkm) will be logged for further review and investigation (or combined into known issues).  Replies or even just a simple acknowledgement would always be welcome but unfortunately it's just not always possible given the workloads.

I know it can suck a bit when you've put in lots of effort to report issues and then apparent silence in return, just rest assured that silence does not equate to ignoring.

Thanks for the reply. I'm sure the reports are looked at but it is very frustrating when bug reports are not acknowledged and the bug your reporting remains in the game, sometimes even remaining in the next version released. It does not reflect well on the developers.

Edited by Tiger666

9 hours ago, hh123 said:

Yep it's very hard to watch and frustrating.

• Long balls over the top are far too effective, this has been an issue for the last two versions IMO, defenders just don't react to the ball in the air, and also the people playing the balls often are not good passers, with average to poor attributes for passing, vision, technique etc. but are able to ping these perfect, often first time balls over the top that my defenders cannot read at all. The vast majority of hoofs over the top should be meat and drink to good defenders, watch any high level game and if a team scores from one they always say it's defensive error and good defenders shouldn't allow that to happen (i.e Liverpool v Everton) and even then often the passes are played by very good passers of the ball, but in game it happens so often and you get random average centre-backs and full backs with the passing range of Xabi Alonso or something.

• Then there is all the shooting from stupid angles, time and time again, sometimes I get it, players will be greedy/not see the pass, but again it happens over and over, you are screaming at your player to cut it back and they don't, even with good attributes for vision, teamwork, composure and instructions for low crosses, work the ball into the box etc. 

• GKs are just too good, it's great they make some really good saves and that they make far less silly errors, but now average keepers can make some insane saves, at times they teleport across the screen, just had De Gea save a free kick going to corner, which was a great save but he palms out to my player who first time puts into the opposite corner, should be an easy goal but no somehow in an instant despite just doing a full length dive he is up again and dives right across the goal. Penalties and 1v1s they just save all the time, but too many 1v1s are just put straight at the keeper. 

• Players with pace and dribbling are too effective, even players with like 15s for dribbling and pace/acceleration look like Messi, they pick the ball up deep and go past like 3/4 players like they aren't there, and strikers who are not good playing no.9, playing with their backs to goal like Martial and Rashford, come deep to get the ball and just instantly spin their marker then dribble round like 2/3 players. 

Have Brexit scenarios changed?

I wanted a Brexit of my choice, so I started a game and holidayed until I knew what scenario.  Eventually, I got the one I wanted and started the game (17 foreign player limit, £8,000 per week required for work permit).

When I got to this point in the game, the Brexit scenario had changed (17 foreign player limit, work permit dependent on internationals/fees/wage).  Between saving above and getting where I wanted, we had a patch.

Did the patch change Brexit scenarios?  I have not been able to have the 17 foreign player limit, £8,000 per week required for work permit scenario since,

12 minutes ago, tajj7 said:

Then there is all the shooting from stupid angles, time and time again, sometimes I get it, players will be greedy/not see the pass, but again it happens over and over, you are screaming at your player to cut it back and they don't, even with good attributes for vision, teamwork, composure and instructions for low crosses, work the ball into the box etc. 

I'm not getting this at all. The previous update had that to a point, but in this ME I'm seeing maybe one shot (at most) from a tight angle per game.

9 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

I'm not getting this at all. The previous update had that to a point, but in this ME I'm seeing maybe one shot (at most) from a tight angle per game.

Yes, I agree on everything else, but I have to admit that 20.2 does this job on this point. There are no more shots from weird and impossible angles.

10 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Looks suspect, but what was the context, can you remember? If this is just after a corner, then you can maybe understand it if they have been zonal marking, but if this was just from the green team on a normal attack, that clearly shouldn't be happening. 

A still image doesn't really tell that much, the classic example below...

Image result for maradona v belgium

FM20 with ME from the age of Diego Maradona? Bad referring mate. No one defends in that way in this age of football.

4 minutes ago, Statsarefacts said:

Just hit 150 hours in FM20 and have enjoyed every minute of it!

I am currently in Season Two with Brentford. I would like to thank everybody involved who has helped make this game the legend it is. I have finally found a side that I can blend into what sort of squad I like. The ethics being on the squad rather than individuals as Brentford operate a Moneyball approach which I think is more realistic. Both the first team and the U23's have been joined by a well funded youth policy for the future with largely low budget high determination young players being brought in. My only issue is I have no problem selling players at inflated prices but I do like to develop players rather than buy them.

Been looking for someone taking this approach specifically in the championship.. would love to see how you have got on with first season transfers etc.. 

If you feel like sharing there is always https://community.sigames.com/forum/22-good-player-team-guide/

I'm about a season in now and I'm enjoying most of it. I do like the playing time progression for players and the ease of monitoring players moods/happiness on the squad screen. I haven't had much of an issue with the match engine as some people seem to have had. It's not perfect, but it must be near impossible to get a very realistic engine. The game moves much more quickly and smoothly than in the past for me, so that's great. 

One little nitpick I would have though would be some of the choices regarding the interface. The youth squads have been moved into the Development Centre tab, so it requires a bit of unnecessary clicking to get there. I tend to spend quite a bit of time interacting with those squads, so it felt as though last year's layout, where there are individual tabs on the side for each squad was much faster and easier. It was also very easy to choose first team players to give a run out in the reserves. It feels as though the new interface has complicated the system a little bit. As with all things, probably just takes some getting used to.  

All in all though, good job to all the folks on SI, and the mods on here dealing with the carry on in this thread over the last month! :idiot::lol:

7 minutes ago, johnnycnandy said:

The youth squads have been moved into the Development Centre tab, so it requires a bit of unnecessary clicking to get there.

A couple of tips for this. If you take over any aspect of their training, the icons will appear again down the left. 

If you don't want to do that, just right click on the development tab, and you can quickly access the squads from the submenu that opens. Saves going through different screens. 

9 minutes ago, johnnycnandy said:

It was also very easy to choose first team players to give a run out in the reserves. It feels as though the new interface has complicated the system a little bit

That has been an horrendous addition to the game. It's disappointingly tedious. They did improve it slightly in the last update where you can now choose multiple players at once, but it's nowhere near as intuitive as it was. It's an example of changing something that never needed to be changed, and making it worse.