Football Manager 2020 Feedback Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, bahrami said:

This is a feedback thread, and I'm backing up everything that has already been said. When you ask me to send proof for these errors, it's basically you trying to say they don't exist until I showcase it, which is a terrible stance to take.

The developers have even said this. They need as many examples as they can get, due to their being thousands of combinations of teams, players, and tactics used. It's nothing to do with people thinking the issues don't exist, so you can put your tinfoil hat away for this one. :lol:

2 minutes ago, bahrami said:

I have two questions for you David, first of all, do you own Football Manager 2020? And second, what are your thoughts on the match engine this year?

Yes, I've had it since day 1 of the beta, and for me, this is the best match engine they've released so far. Is it perfect? No, and it probably never will be. Are there still issues with it? Yes, but none (for me) that are remotely gamebreaking. I don't see countless 1v1s missed. I don't see excessive long balls, although they are more common than maybe they should be, I don't see hundreds of shots into the side netting etc etc. That's not to say these issues aren't there in certain leagues or tactical set ups, that's why it's vital you upload YOUR issues so that SI get a better overall picture. 

5 minuti fa, HUNT3R ha scritto:

2 things.

@Dagenham_Dave let people post their feedback. Users don't want to feel attacked if they attempt to post anything.

@bahrami, what Dave is getting at, is that it's more helpful (in terms of bug reporting) to report issues with a save or in the case of a ME issue, a PKM.

In both cases, it allows SI to reproduce the issue so that they have 1)an example ready to log and 2)let the devs look under the hood at the code behind the issue reported. It's not about proving anything - it helps the process along. 

Sure, but maybe Sir @bahrami here doesn't have the time or even the will to do that, because he just can't bother. So unless someone suffers a bug or a technical issue, stop countering their arguments asking for pkms or screenshots or any kind of examples to be uploaded.

In my opinion this just exacerbate contrasts in this forum. It's really nobody vs. nobody, it's just a matter of tastes and luckily everyone has his own.

4 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

let people post their feedback. Users don't want to feel attacked if they attempt to post anything.

Attacked? All I'm saying is people should be logging issues if they feel that strongly about it. If you class that as an 'attack', then I'm done. 

4 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

That's fine then, nobody log any issues ever again and the game will never improve. I'm sure that'll make everyone happy. 

How have I or many others not already logged issues? Are my issues with the ME different to other peoples, Dave? The ME problems are pretty common and I've already explained my reasons as to why I am posting. This is a feedback thread, after all.

1 minute ago, bahrami said:

How have I or many others not already logged issues? Are my issues with the ME different to other peoples, Dave? The ME problems are pretty common and I've already explained my reasons as to why I am posting. This is a feedback thread, after all.

That's fine, if you think it helps, fill yer boots. 

I'm outta this thread from now on, it's utterly toxic. 

20 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Attacked? All I'm saying is people should be logging issues if they feel that strongly about it. If you class that as an 'attack', then I'm done. 

I'm not classing it as an attack. My words were "feeling attacked". 

23 minutes ago, Federico said:

Sure, but maybe Sir @bahrami here doesn't have the time or even the will to do that, because he just can't bother. So unless someone suffers a bug or a technical issue, stop countering their arguments asking for pkms or screenshots or any kind of examples to be uploaded.

In my opinion this just exacerbate contrasts in this forum. It's really nobody vs. nobody, it's just a matter of tastes and luckily everyone has his own.

No, I agree. I've posted the same earlier. People don't need to report bugs. It's extremely helpful if they do, but not a requirement. All we can do is ask.

1 hour ago, zachalxnder said:

I always find it weird that people say “they don’t want to exploit the match engine,” just “tactics,” because, either way, that’s what you’re doing. It might not be in a way that you deem “cheating,” but you’re still exploiting a weakness. 

As the last post stating this issue is from me I think this one is for me but I didn't say it is cheating and don't think it is. But it is not fun "for me" neither.

Btw due to all respect exploiting a weakness of opposition or outsmarting your opponent is way too different from exploiting ME in my opinion. 

• The pressing system needs to be adressed. It is not normal that every player you press can handle the press like Xavi Hernandez. I do understand IF you don't have players for the pressing system, but when you have a tactic that the players are perfect for the pressing system and you meet worthless teams that seem to play tiki-taka around you, you just know that the game is broken.
  • Defensive free kicks and corners. It's not realistic that the opposition creates so many chances on those.
  • 1on1s against keeper.
  • Long balls over defenders are just ridiculous (tried low backline, still too many long balls over defenders)
Edited by regainer
lol

1 minute ago, Iwabik said:

Damn, this game. I've just spent more than 1,5h on looking at my previous games just to look for the over the top balls bugs. I can't even imagine spending so much time on reporting bugs for any other game. It's addictive, man...

It's because we love football soo much. Football games should be fun but right now it's just horrible to play.

44 minuti fa, Neil Brock ha scritto:

Yeah absolutely agree people can complain about the product if they so choose, but they should do so knowing that we're unable to really engage with users who say they don't like the game without going into detail or being constructive and we're not willing to engage with people who do so in an abusive or disrespectful manner. 

Then don't Neil, let them vent out :)

In my opinion it's a bless SI has such a strong and willing community giving so much support to your game. I don't know how it works for other games, I don't really play that much anything out of FM, but looking at the bugs thread, it's hundreds if not thousands of reports.

For those who just want to come here and complain, for me it's ok. Be respectuful, civil and mannered, sure thing. Behaving is a rule of life, not of this forum. But forcing people to prove their opinion, which is again the most of times just an opinion, with pkms and screenshots for me is wrong.

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Federico said:

Then don't Neil, let them vent out :)

In my opinion it's a bless SI has such a strong and willing community giving so much support to your game. I don't know how it works for other games, I don't really play that much anything out of FM, but looking at the bugs thread, it's hundreds if not thousands of reports.

For those who just want to come here and complain, for me it's ok. Be respectuful, civil and mannered, sure thing. Behaving is a rule of life, not of this forum. But forcing people to prove their opinion, which is again the most of times just an opinion, with pkms and screenshots for me is wrong.

Again I agree, but when people start spreading false information and claiming things as fact without evidence, that's when we're asking for something to back up their opinion. 

55 minuti fa, Neil Brock ha scritto:

Yeah absolutely agree people can complain about the product if they so choose, but they should do so knowing that we're unable to really engage with users who say they don't like the game without going into detail or being constructive and we're not willing to engage with people who do so in an abusive or disrespectful manner. 

Here's a thought.

People are complaining each year. Every year there are some issues in the ME. 

- FM 16; had far post crosses being too effective which lead to dominant/OP FB-s

- FM 17; Flank dominance in previous ME was countered with excessively wide positioning of the wingers. This completely opened the central corridor and now, the team with numerical advantage in central midfield would dominate games

- FM 18; Three fishermen friends. 

- FM 19; Long shots, lack of movement in attacking third

- FM 20; Direct passes from deep too effective, as a result - too many 1v1s (supposedly) being too ineffective.

Reasons and causes I touch above might be wrong, but the pattern is evident. Moreso if you consider match stats stay in line with real stats each year. This practically means that each ME relies on different things to produce life like stats. One year through dominant wide play, other through center and so on. This is a nightmare to balance and no wonder each ME swings in different direction. With so many variables it is impossible to keep under control (btw, are you developing a new ME in parallel :D ?). So, I assume, SI knows very well which are the weaknesses of each ME.  

So, why don't you clearly state problems you expect in current version at the release of each ME? There is ME bugs forum, why don't you put an official thread for known issues from the start? This would keep people focused on real issues, possibly providing more useful examples?

Until SI clearly states issues with the ME, it will always be compared to real football. 

Edited by MBarbaric

why the tackles stats in FM 20 are so unrealistic while compared to FM 19?

in FM 20 its dominated by wingbacks, while in real life DM are usually on the list on par with wingbacks.

As you can see in the attached, FM 20 defenders recorded almost 7 tackles per game, I dont think it is realistic and in real life top defensive midfield they barely record 5, usually 4-4.5 per game

872790_20191218210745_1.png

1100600_20191218232731_1.png

Screenshot_20191218-234318_Chrome.jpg

2 часа назад, Federico сказал:

I really can't understand why in this feedback thread, someone who has the right to complain about a product he bought, must prove himself the reason he is not satisfied about it for. Why any negative feedback must be countered?

One of moderators remind us about ignore option which works for messages in thread. I hide few members which use this thread for own holywar and it started to be much comfortable for me :thup: 

1 час назад, HUNT3R сказал:

but not a requirement. All we can do is ask.

Lets limit this option of asking about pkm. Developers can to ask and moderators can remind us and clarify procedure for newbies, but we need to stop practice where some members ask about this from other members. This not their rights and authority for this. In general if we analyze this thread, flood is starting when some members answered and start to conflict in 'protecting' of FM even first message about negative feedback was correct and nodoby asked THEIR (other members) opinion

4 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

Lets limit this option of asking about pkm. Developers can to ask and moderators can remind us and clarify procedure for newbies, but we need to stop practice where some members ask about this from other members. This not their rights and authority for this. In general if we analyze this thread, flood is starting when some members answered and start to conflict in 'protecting' of FM even first message about negative feedback was correct and nodoby asked THEIR (other members) opinion

I dont think people are 'protecting' FM  when asking for proof or to report the bug, but its more asking for their feedback to be constuctive as its massivly tiresome to keep reading things like 'ME is unplayable' and the' devs don't care' or some other nonsense 

Most of the problems starting because someone wants to convince another one, either that the game is unplayable or not unplayable at all. Just accept that there are various views on this game, the features and even the issues and bugs. It's also beyond me why people think their view becomes more important when they repeat it several times. 

11 minutes ago, deaks500 said:

I dont think people are 'protecting' FM  when asking for proof or to report the bug, but its more asking for their feedback to be constuctive as its massivly tiresome to keep reading things like 'ME is unplayable' and the' devs don't care' or some other nonsense 

This. I lost count of the number of times I asked users for PKMs when they submitted ME bug reports without any. Some of them responded by giving me abuse, calling me a "fanboy", etc. I just don't bother with them anymore.

Over the last 12-15 months, these forums have become so toxic - and it's a small but loud minority who are responsible for at least 90% of the toxicity. I really wish the mods had nipped all this in the bud sooner.

vor 4 Minuten schrieb srvngrc:

Is there an easy way to decrease vision an passing of all defenders in database by pre-game editor?

The long ball bug is really annoying. Maybe this can solve it a bit.

Like in the ME, such "easy" adjustments produces unknown side effects. You can try it, but I doubt that it will make the game experience better.

3 dakika önce, KUBI said:

Like in the ME, such "easy" adjustments produces unknown side effects. You can try it, but I doubt that it will make the game experience better.

Actually i want to start two holiday saves with and without changes and compare them. But i couldn’t find an easy way to make these changes in editor.

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, Noble The Savage said:

I'm having trouble uploading highlights to YouTube because Google has blocked it . 

There are ways around it but I do like the simplicity of the upload feature .

We believe Google has made some changes to their system and you have to give certain programs permissions in Google itself. We'll check it out here but worth checking your own Google account. Believe the place to check it is here - https://myaccount.google.com/security-checkup

So now i'm on my Sunderland Save in the Season 2022/2023 

After 13 Games i was wondering why i don't have a Game in the next two weeks. And checked my Schedule ... 

a15b20b2342c4b3170b55242a8395b6f.png

81b34516fcf347b8b03e969509233b0c.png

I have no custom dbs added or anything. But now my Save is kinda ruined . 3 Years for nothing :seagull:

3 minutes ago, haffaz77 said:

So now i'm on my Sunderland Save in the Season 2022/2023 

After 13 Games i was wondering why i don't have a Game in the next two weeks. And checked my Schedule ... 

a15b20b2342c4b3170b55242a8395b6f.png

81b34516fcf347b8b03e969509233b0c.png

I have no custom dbs added or anything. But now my Save is kinda ruined . 3 Years for nothing :seagull:

The gap is for the Qatar World Cup which takes place during the season (21/11/2022 to 18/12/2022). You can always schedule friendly games until then to keep match sharpness

vor 8 Minuten schrieb autohoratio:

The gap is for the Qatar World Cup which takes place during the season (21/11/2022 to 18/12/2022). You can always schedule friendly games until then to keep match sharpness

Right . forgot about that worthless cup in 3 years :onmehead:

4 minutes ago, rdbayly said:

After reading the last few pages I’ve decided to not leave anymore negative feedback to fan the flames.

Will obviously give FM20 a bash when it’s updated. Am out for now.

Took the words out of my mouth. Keep jumping on here checking to see if the match engine has been updated. Probably put about 10 hours into the game the past week before I finally packed it in until an update. 

7 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

You do have a choice. Don't buy it. People on here talk as if they are forced to buy FM every year. Honestly, I've beaten this drum many times, but if you don't enjoy something, why put yourself through the agony of continuing to buy/play it? It makes absolutely no sense. And the 'there no alternative' doesn't wash either. There's always an alternative. Do something else. 

I currently have around 500 hours into this game, and it's one month from its release date. The most amount of hours I've ever put into a AAA game is Skyrim which I must have over 200 hours on, and that's been out nearly 10 years. So, yes, while FM doesn't have a AAA budget, the value for money in terms of the amount of hours you get from it is unbeatable. 

The fact the game has been out for 47 days Means you would have had to play this game for 10.6 hours a day. The average job is 8 hours per day, and the average human sleeps for 8 hours a day. 24-16 gives you 8 hours free time. You're definitely afking these hours

Can SI tone down the board interference I've literally had to take over opposition clubs and cancel insane transfer sales of my best players for insanely low fees at 11pm on transfer day leaving me no time to replace players or money cos the board only give me 20% of the rubbish fee they've insanely gone over my head and agreed to 3 windows in a row now.