Football Manager 2020 Feedback Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

used  a gegen press 4-2-3-1 in a test save and lots of long shots by (mezzala -su) in a friendly. I took him off at half time as he has the "shoots from distance" preffered move which was - as it turned out - causing that and then saw two nice key passes by the left wingback to (AML-IF-a) who assisted the  striker  (dlp) and  then  AMC ) with work into the box, overlap on the left. On cautios or balanced mentality iirc. Nice, didnt see much of that in beta.

Hello

I can't load a new save. I purchased the game a few hours ago and it freezes once i pick the leagues i want playable in advanced settings, specifically at loading cups and leagues. Has anyone else had this issue or know a way to resolve it? i have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game and it still does not work. Any help would be appreciated!!

12 minutes ago, zachalxnder said:

Did Gabriel Martinelli get an upgrade in the full release?

Apparently no unfortunately, if he continues his trajectory may be seen as a database error.  Think they wanted to give it more time, with the hype and the Klopp comments think it was worth increasing his potential and stats though as there's a good chance he'll become some player.

I just got to the end of December in my game and matches are now being played with a red ball. Unfortunately, I can barely see that thing on my screen (and sometimes even can't). There's no snow or anything, so I don't see why they use it anyway. 

5 minutes ago, Ras said:

Apparently no unfortunately, if he continues his trajectory may be seen as a database error.  Think they wanted to give it more time, with the hype and the Klopp comments think it was worth increasing his potential and stats though as there's a good chance he'll become some player.

Thank you. As an Arsenal supporter, I always do a long-term save and am usually fine keeping what I start in the BETA. I was wondering if Martinelli would be upgraded in the full release, so I was considering starting another save if he was, but there doesn’t seem to be a need now. And if Martinelli hasn’t been upgraded, then I don’t expect any other notable changes to the database either. 

Guys,

The hiring AI still places way too much importance on the "experience gaining promotion" and "experience avoiding relegation" elements of a manager's application.  I've tested this in several different saves and am still not getting shortlisted for jobs that match my reputation/performance history due solely to these 'missing' attributes even though I've got league wins and multiple silverware in my virtual trophy case.

These promotion/relegation experience factors are nice as flavor in the job application/interview/hiring process but making them the sole deciding attribute for shortlisting is sucking the fun out of the journeyman manager experience.

Please help!

so i just check my team and some other England team for the determination, its kinda low honestly, there still some from between 13-20, but mostly are 1-9, i know lot of them are randomize, but its seem too much low determination. For me its not affect so much cause i usually like to develop newgen

1 hour ago, cianmcc96 said:

Hello

I can't load a new save. I purchased the game a few hours ago and it freezes once i pick the leagues i want playable in advanced settings, specifically at loading cups and leagues. Has anyone else had this issue or know a way to resolve it? i have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game and it still does not work. Any help would be appreciated!!

Are you using a custom database or the editor- if so you would be best to raise this in the Editor's forum.

1 minute ago, FrazT said:

Are you using a custom database or the editor- if so you would be best to raise this in the Editor's forum.

I am using the custom database that comes with the game. i haven't added anything else. is there any chance you would know a resolution? 

52 minutes ago, zachalxnder said:

Thank you. As an Arsenal supporter, I always do a long-term save and am usually fine keeping what I start in the BETA. I was wondering if Martinelli would be upgraded in the full release, so I was considering starting another save if he was, but there doesn’t seem to be a need now. And if Martinelli hasn’t been upgraded, then I don’t expect any other notable changes to the database either. 

I’m an Arsenal supporter too so have watched him.  Think it’s a shame he wasn’t upgraded, it’s not just an Arsenal fan overhyping a player, Klopp who’s 1 of the top managers at the moment has spoken about him in glowing terms and also he’s scored 7 goals already I think. It’s a shame cause originally I had planned to make him a key part of my team but I may need to sell him now cause he doesn’t look like he’s really going to become the player he looks capable of being.  I was even considering selling Lacazette and playing him with Auba in the game.  May need to sell now, either that or use the editor. 

1 minute ago, cianmcc96 said:

I am using the custom database that comes with the game. i haven't added anything else. is there any chance you would know a resolution? 

Post a thread in the Crashes and Technical sub-forum of the main FM 20 Bugs forum and the SI staff will have a look for you.  Best to attach a dxdiag report as well.

5 saat önce, johnhughthom said:

Yes and you can use the pre-game editor to fill in those attributes too. What am I missing?

You’re missing that there is about 20k players to be fixed. We can’t but at least SI can do something like this before they’ll fix it.

vor 5 Stunden schrieb The Threadstarter:

just watched Man City v Preston friendly as an unemployed manager. City awarded four penalties, missed two.

So Full Release has the Beta ME ?  :seagull:   Kind of what i've expected.  And there goes my Motivation to play the Game ... Gonna try in a few weeks . Played the Beta yesterday morning. 3 Matches , 8 Pens .  Won a Friendly against a lower League Team 8-0 . 6 Pens . No thanks :herman:

So i just check on both fm 19 and fm 20 (using FMRTE)
- fm 19 Phil Foden have 12 Consistency and 8 important matches
- fm 20 Phil FOden have  1 Consistency and important matches
to make sure Fmrte doesnt have any bug i load 2 save on both games
the scout in fm 19 have nothing say about the consistent of Phil, but in Fm 20 is a RED LINE which is horrible
So there definitely an attribute bug in game currently 
really SI?

3 minutes ago, haffaz77 said:

So Full Release has the Beta ME ?  :seagull:   Kind of what i've expected.  And there goes my Motivation to play the Game ... Gonna try in a few weeks . Played the Beta yesterday morning. 3 Matches , 8 Pens .  Won a Friendly against a lower League Team 8-0 . 6 Pens . No thanks :herman:

The penalty issue is really game breaking imo. Imagine penalties being awarded against you (or against AI even) in a crucial match altering the results drastically. This completely ruins the save and isn't realistic or fun imo.

A penalty in real life as well as in the game should be cheered because you know your team is most likely to score. In FM 20, you get disappointed instead.

I highly praised the game after first beta update but how is the full version released with game breaking bugs like incorrect random attribute generation (for players as well as refs) is beyond me. I have no other option but to be patient and hope this gets fixed swiftly.

15 minutes ago, haffaz77 said:

Not quite, but yes, it's an issue that SI is aware of.

6 hours ago, upthetoon said:

How does ign and pcgamer already release review with such high ratings in such a short time? Did they even play the game and notice this major determination bug? Lol. 

Gaming journalism is a joke and has been for a long time. Take the opinion of many fellow users, not the opinion of one journo with a possible agenda.

1) I really enjoyed BETA... Game ran smooth and I've noticed some bugs... Were they fixed? It seems - NO.

2) Sports Interactive should hire more people... Surely, testing crew can't spot all game bugs, but if you can not fix bugs you have been pointed out, you should hire more people (same thing every year)...

3) Game is way too expensive... It always feels like updated version of previous game... Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how I feel about it... 

13 minutes ago, TheVerySpecialOne said:

Yeah, same thing here, will wait for the fix before starting something more in depth. But still, people here are overly critical and a kind of aggressive, I get it, you paid for it, you want to play it, but it happens, I am sure SI will fix it soon.

Yeah, disappointed by the attributes issue, seems like SI should have done better here. Hard to imagine it wasn't a known issue, and harder to understand releasing the game if the issue was known.

I'll wait until the issue is fixed before starting a long term save, but life's too short to let something like this knock me off my happy horse. I'm sure this game will give me hundreds of hours of joy over the upcoming year and I'm grateful for all the hard work the team puts in.

1 hour ago, haffaz77 said:

I'm (still) wondering what Kind of ref is typically assigned to friendlies…. and what their Attributes are.

Think the game will be excellent, however I do echo the sentiment wouldn’t mind waiting a little longer to solve any large bugs that could impact gameplay.

I don’t know if they’d consider releasing the demos a bit earlier if that would help iron out some of the issues but I’m sure if they did people would be happy to help identify bugs earlier and maybe it could get resolved quicker.  

Appreciate it’s not easy but ideally upon official release can start a long term save.  I’m sure they are working hard on this though and will offer a fix as soon as they can.  Looking forward to it.

5 minutes ago, Boss said:

I too am baffled they released a game knowing about this Determination issue. What is the point of making a big song and dance about the development centre as one of the key new features when one of the key issues in youth development is broken? Really is very poor.

The attribute bug is such a massive issue, especially when we consider that the update that fixes it may not be save compatible. Since SI are aware of it and have confirmed it, I wish they would publicly announce/tweet it to inform the players. I had to tell my friends about it and let them decide if they want to wait or play now. 

5 minutes ago, rooneyviet said:

if basically the ME in the full release is the same as beta update,

so he was lying?

why said it's "WAY better" when it's the same?

If you read the tweets, you'll see that he is referring to ME v2016. The Beta released with ME v2000, which is why he said 16 versions.

I think the ME is much much improved from the last version in the Beta. Lots of variety in goals and passes. Players finally cross the ball much more naturally. One on one's seem to be missed but in more realistic situations than before, IE defender pressure, angle, GK rushing off his line to smoother rather than just awful shooting as before. 

Relax a little bit and most of your issues you're raising here will get solved. SI deserves credit for FM 2020, I love it and I love the new club vision etc. 

As we've seen on the BETA most of it has been save compatible , so let's just hope they find a way to solve the young players in your new saves. 

They're aware of it, no need to spam down the forums with negative attitude. We have a brand new game with a lot of other good things.

Have a nice day!