FM20 - Bundesliga(s) Thread

Pavi

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've started a save with Dynamo Dresden. Struggled a lot in the first season, barely managed to get 13th place with just 8 wins. Had 15 draws and 11 losses, ended with negative goal difference. 

Need to overhaul the team and aim for the stars. I have some young stars to build around and luckily they're willing to stay. Might go shopping at Bayern Munchen and some other big teams for loanees. 

All suggestions for new players are welcome. 

Is it possible for a player to both play games for the first team in the Bundesliga and for the 2nd Team in 3. Liga? Can I send Thomas Müller down there to play a game even though he plays for the first team, or is that impossible do to registration demands?

• 3 weeks later...

Entering my second season RB Leipzig and looking for a new striker to step in and replace the almost certain to leave Timo Werner (not looking forward to that!). I would ideally like to replace him with a german striker, but am open to suggestions. The two forwards who catch my eye at the moment are the obvious Feite Arp who I could sign for around 14mil and 80k wages, or the not so often mentioned Karim Adeyemi (Red Bull Salzburg forward) for about 13mil and 15k wages... Not too fussed about the wages side of things.

Fiete Arp could do with being first choice straight away but Adeyemi could be introduced more slowly alongside Poulsen. I play a gegenpress 4-2-3-1, with a pressing forward. I would ideally prefer someone who could slot straight in and play the same role as it's worked well so far. Does anyone have much experience with either of these players or who is further into the game who might be able to provide updates on how they are doing or even better, screenshots of their stats?

16 hours ago, FMbeginner said:

Entering my second season RB Leipzig and looking for a new striker to step in and replace the almost certain to leave Timo Werner (not looking forward to that!). I would ideally like to replace him with a german striker, but am open to suggestions. The two forwards who catch my eye at the moment are the obvious Feite Arp who I could sign for around 14mil and 80k wages, or the not so often mentioned Karim Adeyemi (Red Bull Salzburg forward) for about 13mil and 15k wages... Not too fussed about the wages side of things.

Fiete Arp could do with being first choice straight away but Adeyemi could be introduced more slowly alongside Poulsen. I play a gegenpress 4-2-3-1, with a pressing forward. I would ideally prefer someone who could slot straight in and play the same role as it's worked well so far. Does anyone have much experience with either of these players or who is further into the game who might be able to provide updates on how they are doing or even better, screenshots of their stats?

Both excellent options, if you want to stick to a more "realistic" approach I'd go for Adeyemi, as he is already part of the Red Bull galaxy. Not at the same level of quality, but you could check also Burkardt (Mainz), Richter (Augsburg), Waldschmidt (Freiburg), and Kuhn (Ajax). I believe they all have variable PA, so you will have to scout them and see if in your save they are worth buying.

4 hours ago, Pavi said:

Both excellent options, if you want to stick to a more "realistic" approach I'd go for Adeyemi, as he is already part of the Red Bull galaxy. Not at the same level of quality, but you could check also Burkardt (Mainz), Richter (Augsburg), Waldschmidt (Freiburg), and Kuhn (Ajax). I believe they all have variable PA, so you will have to scout them and see if in your save they are worth buying.

Thanks! The last 3 don't look good enough unfortunately to lead my line, but Burkardt looks like a decent prospect. I had him on my shortlist already but never really looked at him... he has some good stats and a half decent record. He could definitely be a squad player!

I just started with Schalke. I just go with 2 tactics. 4-2-3-1 as main, and the second against bigger Clubs.

I hope this Will be MY save. The focus is young talents from intake and one thing i Will have focus on is good players for cheap.

Hopefully i Will Enjoy the Club and the League.

Any players i Should look on?

5 hours ago, dennislauridsen said:

I just started with Schalke. I just go with 2 tactics. 4-2-3-1 as main, and the second against bigger Clubs.

I hope this Will be MY save. The focus is young talents from intake and one thing i Will have focus on is good players for cheap.

Hopefully i Will Enjoy the Club and the League.

Any players i Should look on?

There are quite a number of good players for cheap in Germany. Look to Erkan Eyibil at Mainz, he often refuses to sign a new contract and so is transfer-listed for peanuts. Batista-Meier and Lukas Mai can often be loaned with optional buy-clause. Some of the youngsters at Dortmund out in loan also can be cheap after the first season (in my save I bough Sergio Gomez for less than 2M Eur. and Dzenis Burnic for free after 2 seasons). Otherwise, check good teams who are in the 2.Bundesliga: van Drongelen at Hamburg; Musljia, Anton, and Maina at Hannover; basically anyone at Stuttgart but check in particolar Sosa, Massimo, Klimowicz and a young Congolese strikers whose name is unspellable just by memory.

Good luck!

Edited by Pavi

Slightly off topic here - second season in with RB Leipzig and my affiliate, Red Bull Salzburg is in the Champions League Final against Man City! They got through a group of PSG, Spurs and Galatasaray, before beating the following teams on their path to the final: Barcelona, Atletico Madrid and Liverpool. 

Meanwhile, I only finished 3rd in the Champions League group stage and got knocked out of the Europa League in the second knockout round!

They've sold Wober, Koita, Szoboszlai and Diakite and only signed Margreitter from Nuremburg and Schlager from LASK Linz. That's a massive achievement for them. Anyone else had any surprising teams get to the late stages of the Champions League?

14CEA34E-7D23-4987-88EE-95E77F60AF91.png
I have decided to start a save with 1. FC Magdeburg in the 3. Liga. 

Transfer Budget £0

Wage Budget £9,32k

Media expected finish: 4th

Any recommendations of free signings/Staff recommendations  would be greatly appreciated 

Squad depth / Formation 4-1-2-2-1

B1AF6418-7CC2-49A6-B1BF-67CC26080A90.jpeg
2D308776-0BB6-401D-BD44-E837611D0AA2.jpeg

M.Butler valued just over £2m he’s out on loan start of the game at Union Berlin they have the option to buy him for 600k.

Honours

European:

UEFA Cup Winners' Cup

Winners: 1973–74

League:

DDR-Oberliga:

Winners: 1971–72, 1973–74, 1974–75

DDR-Liga (II)

Winners: 1966–67

3. Liga (III)

Winners: 2017–18

Regionalliga Nordost (IV)

Winners: 2014–15

NOFV-Oberliga Süd: (IV)

Winners: 1996–97, 2000–01, 2005–06

Edited by TX-18

Great choice @TX-18! My main suggestion is checking the U19s and Second Teams of Bayern, Dortmund and Schlage as there are many youngsters you could loan and do well in the 3. Liga. Wait until July as at the start of the game few of them are loan listed.

1 hour ago, Pavi said:

Great choice @TX-18! My main suggestion is checking the U19s and Second Teams of Bayern, Dortmund and Schlage as there are many youngsters you could loan and do well in the 3. Liga. Wait until July as at the start of the game few of them are loan listed.

Thanks, I’ve picked out and targeted a few free agents as I am seriously lacking in CB with my main CB injured for 3-4 months and a cover RB, but do want to see who would be available  from big teams aswell 

Also the search for a senior affiliate is on to! 

Edited by TX-18

@Pavi Quick question how do you ‘link’ pictures 

so if I was to upload a player click the players name it would take you to the screenshot of him (new around here)

thanks in advance

will update my pre season very shortly

21 hours ago, TX-18 said:

@Pavi Quick question how do you ‘link’ pictures 

so if I was to upload a player click the players name it would take you to the screenshot of him (new around here)

thanks in advance

will update my pre season very shortly

Sorry for the late reply:

System one, you screenshot and use a tool like Gyazo or Imgur to generate a link to a picture, then go at the bottom of your writing window here go to “Insert other media” and the use the option “Insert image from URL”.

System two, you will see a “Click to choose files” option at the bottom right and simply select the screenshot from your file system.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm surprised the Bundesliga hasn't suddenly become a hive of activity.

I'd intended to have another crack here (and in France) at some point, but could never quite pin down the right club. Then last week, an idea came to me which may be short term or may end up being more long term. Ironically, just after having set the game up, I found somebody else had started a you tube game with them (which I just started to watch) and even signed one of the same players I did. Nothing remarkable really, but given that he only signed two, I thought it was quite a surprise. Anyway, I know traditional fans in Germany aren't so keen on clubs like TSG Hoffenheim, Bayer Leverkusen, VFL Wolfsburg and particularly RB Leipzig. But I quite like the brand of Red Bull in football, mainly because of their affiliates and so Leipzig seemed like a good place to start. So that is what I did...

Colisuem-Summit-News-Lok-Leipzig.thumb.jpg.402c8623eecace07f87a890d0edf080b.jpglokleipzig1024-845x634.thumb.jpg.67e885c4ac2f994e2de021ffe96c684b.jpg

Lokomotive Leipzig has had several changes in their history, and although now playing in German Regional Division North East (4th tier) they were the first ever German top-flight champions in 1903 when operating as VfB Leipzig. They also went on to win the title in 1906 and 1913 under the original club name (1893-1946). After the war, the name 1. FC Lokomotive was first seen upon changes made to German football in 1965 (the name was first used in the period 1966–1990) before becoming VfB Leipzig again (1991–2004). Finally, the club re-started as 1. FC Lokomotive for the 2003/04 season, which they started in the lowest tier of German football (11th tier). Apart from their early German title wins, their best spell in post-war times was enjoyed during the 1960's, 1970's and 1980's, where they enjoyed regular European football. In 1973/74 they were beaten finalists in the UEFA Cup, eventually losing to Tottenham after beating Ipswich in the semi-final (and Wolves earlier in the competition). In 1981/82 they were beaten by Barcelona in the UEFA Cup Winners Cup semi-final, and in 1986/87 they were beaten by Ajax in the final of the same competition.

768561634_1.FCLokclubinfo.thumb.png.a14cd58b76cf82cdd921551cacd4b287.png

1334784677_1.FCLokProfile.thumb.png.7ce8425e1e43889356ad77509c07630d.png

2052550643_1.FCLokProfile-2.thumb.png.09dceda67797eb519a12646a733f56d4.png

The appointment of Dumm Kopf as Die Loksche's new manager saw the legendary Wolfgang Wolf (ex-Wolfsburg manager) relinquish managerial duties, but luckily that didn't affect his position at the club. He previously had a dual role as Director of Football, so Wolf (pictured below) will continue just in that job.  

548797819_1.FCLokappointment.thumb.png.962e437ff5d046bc1de88d0ed59162cc.png

150645975_LokoWolf.thumb.jpg.c1e907c3a5cc68f8f85f64520d5f65ac.jpg

The difficulty of taking a job on at this level in Germany is that only EU nationals (and some exceptions as below) can be signed. The club is semi-professional,had no transfer budget,the wage budget was almost maxed out, there was hardly any staff, and the squad had a few gaps that needed filling. But this is a club that has spirit, so none of that should halt the mission of restoring them to former glories. Big rivals in the league would be FC Energie Cottbus and BFC Dynamo from Berlin. City rivals BSG Chemie Lepizig are also in the same division. The fact that the biggest transfer deal of the summer was a player who rejected my offer says much about my transfer business. In fairness, Ismail Jakobs would have been a star at this level (and for no outlay), but briefly I did think it was in the bag. 

475947930_GermanRegionalTransferRules.thumb.png.f355fa7c06aca0a14b782837a756a2dc.png

1601952989_Jacobsloan.thumb.png.8cf54ae6a2f8d2c99586ea262a00b33f.png

Having cleared out my ageing Assistant Manager who was also still playing, and one other, I was able to bring in three defensive players, four central midfield men, and one right winger. Match squads have 18 players and I have 24, plus a couple I shifted to the reserves as I try to release them. All eight arrivals (those shown in blue) were on free transfers. Only four of the squad are non-German, and of course the two African players are also holding EU nationality. There is one automatic promotion spot, and no play-off spots. This could be tough.

1527883054_1.FCLokPlayers1.thumb.png.58c9db7fb5756d95db5ea1fff7ef817b.png

1485460406_1.FCLokPlayers2.thumb.png.e1a53f86b0a38b6eff301edb1c976913.png

If that wasn't interesting, please forgive me. But then I also found this online, quite bizarre that they sold well over 100,000 tickets to play an 'invisible game' this month...

Edited by Jogo Bonito

4 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Nice write up! And seems a very interesting challenge. Only one promotion spot wow. 

Was Pogba already there at the club? 

No, he was one of the eight (the last) free transfers I brought. They're the ones highlighted in blue in the squad display. I appointed ex-Belgium striker Erwin Vandenbergh as Chief Scout and he had a limited knowledge in Guinea, Nigeria and DRC. I'd been trying to get one player as cover for both full-back positions, but failed so I loaned in a mediocre right-back to understudy my main one and then had to find left-back cover as my final transfer. Pogba has slotted in at left centre-back (meaning I can try and release one of the others) but can also cover at left-back. There are very few EU citizens of quality willing to join semi-pro 4th tier sides on contracts of £450 per week. Upon arrival, his value became £575,000 and I don't think anyone else is valued at £100,000 - which I think demonstrates the quality of the league.

Edited by Jogo Bonito

Took over Wolfsburg in October 2023, after their manager left to take over Sporting Lisbon. I had been sacked earlier that season as Arsenal manager. I initially thought Wolfsburg would be an easy task, taking mid-table club to and turning them back into regular champions league spot contenders, before pushing for the title. Expectations were reasonable, finish mid-table this season, then challenge for a Europa League spot after. 

I was wrong. 

We are currently in the midst of a miserable record on 1 win in 13 competitive games. Every game has been a terrible affair. The players are in open mutiny. Morale is on the floor. I'm expecting to be summoned to the chairman's officer for my eventual sacking after any game. Something has seriously gone wrong.

1339402911_WFWinrate.PNG.c3f37276e96421346d39ab224dcce6ff.PNG

Terrible.thumb.PNG.ad24f6b35329e6dfed4a80c948318728.PNG

I've assembled a decent enough first eleven. There should be enough talent their to do better than fighting relegation. Haland ( a player I vowed never to sign as I would prefer not to sign the OP players). Davies from Bayern on loan (with option to buy for £24m), and finally Christensen from Chelsea. 

27012024.PNG.d0e6ca033f45358080384486cf2d7bfa.PNG

2092357031_withthatsquad.thumb.PNG.0768cd0fd467ed451963f54bfe3c8305.PNG

Tactically I honestly have no idea how to improve. I've gone for a deep wing play approach. With the tactic essentially being, have a  medium-low block, then getting the ball to Sisto or Davies to carry the ball forward. Or giving the ball to the DLP who sends long balls to the forwards in the channels. The approach is coherent and makes sense, but results have been absolutely shocking. 

1 hour ago, Swills417 said:

I've assembled a decent enough first eleven. There should be enough talent their to do better than fighting relegation. Haland ( a player I vowed never to sign as I would prefer not to sign the OP players). Davies from Bayern on loan (with option to buy for £24m), and finally Christensen from Chelsea.

That's great going getting Haaland and Davies, how much budget did they give you.

I had Alphonso Davies at Lazio, played him at left wing back and he was incredible, got so many assists.

7 minutes ago, sedge11 said:

That's great going getting Haaland and Davies, how much budget did they give you.

I had Alphonso Davies at Lazio, played him at left wing back and he was incredible, got so many assists.

I'm playing on an older version of the database. It's pre-dortmund for Haaland. He has been good so far, scoring lots despite losing. Davies is a loan, with an option to buy for £24m at the end of the season.

Looking forward to seeing them both in Bundesliga 2 next season. 

Great to see there is a Bundesliga thread, hopefully it will get busier. 

So I had started my save at Lazio (Can read about it in the Italian thread), where we were there for 4 seasons, winning 2 Serie A titles and an incredible champions league win. I felt the need for a new challenge, a few jobs came up and I was offered a job in Germany.

721667137_rbljob.thumb.png.15dd66f488dcb8ac737cd4c0dd6a9a78.png

So we join RBL. In the 4 seasons before they had finished 4th in the 1st 3 seasons then 6th in the most recent season. Dortmund dominated the league for the 1st 3 seasons with Haaland scoring for fun for them, then in the most recent 4th season Bayern eventually won the title.

Staff was the 1st thing to sort, with a few staff from Lazio coming with me.

81524650_rblstaff.thumb.png.74413d722055b3d93fde96aac167f382.png

Then onto the squad and transfers, the squad was ok but not great, so we had plenty of work to do.

1618356242_rbls5transfers.thumb.png.1768f8f3e60a52d01af269450fc35037.png

We brought Werner back home, as he had left for Liverpool in season 2 and then joined Chelsea, with neither team really playing him that much. Goretzka is a player I really like so jumped at the chance of signing him. Tiago and Lewis are regens who both look quality and could develop into world class players.

Asensio was the biggest out, he had done nothing in 2 seasons with them and just didn't fit what I wanted.

This is the system we are playing.

282572506_rbltactic.thumb.png.0b96ab962f521d656439111346aac165.png

It's a formation that worked very well for me at Lazio and suited RBL.

We have already got to January and this is how the table looks.

1727160779_s5sofar.thumb.png.ad36c7fa1ca61e62682af0a5a4352b29.png

2 horse race at the moment between me and Leverkusen, see who can win their 1st league title. Olmo as you can see has been an assisting like crazy, this is the 1st time I've used him and very impressed. Mad to see Bayern struggling so bad.

After having a fun time in the Bundesliga last year around and having kinda been done with my Roma save after 3 seasons, I feel like I'm being drawn back to the Bundesliga again. I'm currently eye-ing up Dortmund, Herta and RB Leipzig. I've already had Leverkusen last year and I feel Bayern would get boring fast with the budget available from the start.

Well, I would call that job done. Just about. Haaland is an animal, as we all know. He won top goalscorer despite only playing 19 games. He currently has a £43m release fee clause. First order of business will be a new contract upping that to closer to £100m. 

1304662065_JobDoneReuildneeded.thumb.PNG.9ee1329c1b17bd432d7b94e48c425ae3.PNG

image.thumb.png.d910f65e5232587794639002d63a5f32.png

Massively need to rebuild the defense.  We conceded 64 goals last season, but scored the 3rd most in the league. We only have £24m to spend, so a few sales and astute loanees may be needed. 

11 minutes ago, Swills417 said:

Massively need to rebuild the defense.  We conceded 64 goals last season, but scored the 3rd most in the league. We only have £24m to spend, so a few sales and astute loanees may be needed. 

If you need a full back, I would highly recommend trying to get Ethan Laird from Man Utd, you should be able to get him on loan.

I had him on loan at lazio where he did ok, then have brought him for Leipzig and he’s been great, one of my best players.

My 5th season and 1st with RBL has finished.

We lost in the german cup semi final to Hertha Berlin, who went on and won it and also got relegated.

We also lost in the Europa quarter final to Leverkusen 2-1 on agg.

But the league went very well.

168019165_rbltitlewins5.thumb.png.8dac14ea09a66588a7a6535eeb11702d.png

Winning the title quite comfortably in the end and Leipzig's 1st major trophy. Dani Olmo had an excellent season adding 5 goals to his 16 assists. Werner also did well on his comeback to the club.

So onwards to season 6 to see if we can win back to back titles and challenge in the champs league.

1443384694_s6transfers.thumb.png.f508ecc894282561173ed79469f9029e.png

Was quite an easy summer really, Tomori was transfer listed so thought was a no brainer at that cheap, Isak was also transfer listed and looks pretty good. All outs were back ups and regens that weren't quite good enough.

My regen who I brought last season is coming on incredibly well, he had a fairly decent 1st season but and as you can see he is now having a great 2nd season with us.

tiago.thumb.png.2c1ea65ae556b94407b5c4a7bd031458.png

So I last updated at start of season 6 with our transfers. Since then I have smashed through 2 seasons.

Season 6 went well with our 2nd Bundesliga title in 2 seasons.

1128189378_s6title.thumb.png.1a53bcbf08fef48b948193ecd0d53488.png 1869912512_s6leaguetable.thumb.png.a97998eace74976b5599db2e06fe14e0.png

We also got to the semi final of the champs league but falling to Barcelona.

Tiago and Werner were deadly up top together, Olmo continued to impress, and as you can see 22 clean sheets in 34 games was brilliant.

Here was my season 7 transfers, Bellingham was transfer listed by request so had to get him in. Tomiyasu I regretted selling as he ended up having a brilliant season for Dortmund.

2064640553_s7transfers.thumb.png.f9dc29b757a29ea5e6cf0d93763bc5d0.png

We yet again failed in the cups losing early in both the german cup and the champs league.

But we dominated the league going on a 24 game unbeaten run from October to May, clinching our 3rd straight Bundesliga title.

1134311435_s7bundesligatable.thumb.png.9e76379f938a10a091cf94fb8741770c.png

You can also see we dominated pretty much every are of the player stats, Tiago continuing to get better and better, and Olmo just an assist machine.

It's a pretty quick write up as I had mainly forgot to do it.

But after 3 seasons with Leipzig our German adventure is over, as I was offered the Man Utd job and took it. Have loved playing in Germany, and the RB Leipzig team I created served me well, disappointed in the cups but dominate in the league. I probably like this team more than I did my Lazio team that I created before I left for Leipzig.

My top 3 performers were: Lewis (a regen dutch cb), who I am probably going to take to Man Utd with me. Olmo who was just brilliant and got so many assists, it was the 1st time I've used him and I wasn’t disappointed. Tiago was probably my next best, developing very well and looks like will be one of the best strikers on the game.

This was my final team and how my best 11 looked.

2133413158_finalrblteam.thumb.png.ff7aad65e34d9dd15c9384730b8c5a68.png

We had some great back up in Tomori, Isak, Sabitzer and Schultz (regen lb).

Now onwards to bringing Man Utd back to the top.

Edited by sedge11

Into the 2024/25 season with my Wolfsburg side. I have completely rinsed the loan market to my teams benefit :D

We've brought in Rugani, Kingsley Coman, Gedson Fernandes and Mejbri all for a total of £250k p/m - with options on all the others. On top of these I also secured Timo Werner on loan from Real Madrid for £250k p/m with an option for £16.75m. It was quite unbelievable the types of deals you can pull off a few seasons into the game where the AI has stockpiled players at the top clubs. 

Most of my permanent transfer dealings were for regens, but I also brought Armel Bella-Kotchap from RB Leipzig for a deal worth up to £10m and got Kevin Trapp for about £3m to replace the retiring Neuer as a stopgap. Also Dani Maldini and Troy Parrot on bosmans.

So a few games into the season. The aim is Europa League football, I think we can push for champions league places. Played 4 games, won two, but lost to Bayern Munich away and Dortmund at home. We should be much more competitive this season with the below starting eleven:

4-2-3-1

GK: Trapp
RB: Cuesta (Regen)
CB: Rugani
CB: Uduokhai
LB: Saracchi
CM: Gedson Fernandes
CM: Xaver Schlager
RW: Maldini (Werner)
CAM: Mejbri
LW: Coman (Sisto)
ST: Haaland (Parrot)

Hoping to get Haaland to agree to a new deal. His £43m release clause had me perspiring all summer! :thdn:

18 hours ago, robterrace said:

Currently having a bit of a rest in 2.Bundesliga with Karlsruhe. Only got a couple of signings in, both loans, and trying not to get promoted this season.

Would highly recommend Facundo Colidio from Inter Milan he scored 24 in my Bundesliga 2. Promotion season 

So.

At this point in time, I'm in February 2020, and trundling away post winter break at Karlsruhe in Bundesliga 2.

The start of the season saw me make a couple of loan signings, namely James Garner, coming from Manchester United for the season, and Adalberto Penaranda from Watford, both have the capability to offer a great deal to the side.

We got through to the break in 3rd place in the division, courtesy of some very stiff defensive (we have the 2nd best defence in the division), and taking the opportunities up front. 

Hamburg are running the top of the division, however, they have drawn more games than ourselves, and are only 3 points clear of where we are now, in 2nd with 11 games left. We are 6 clear of Stuttgart in 3rd.

image.thumb.png.af7135fa7faaef37ece73ee5725d47c1.png

In January, we got rid of a couple of fringe players for £100k+, which allowed us to pick up highly rated centre back Peter Koster for £55k from Regionalliga Nord-Ost club Union Furstenwalde.

That was the only first team signing for any money (our youth setup saw a couple of players come in for fees).

In terms of future signings, we'd got a lot of players that have been picked up from youth setups around the world, and dropped in, mainly to be used as a money making exercise.

Our first signing for the 20/21 season, is 18 year old defender Luc Noble, who will come from Bristol Rovers. The Welsh U19 centre back has been getting a lot of time in the U23s at the Recreation Ground, and is definitely one for the future.

Next up is 20 year old holding midfielder, Jan Schoppner, who has been plying his trade in Regionalliga West at SC Verl. Able to play in several midfield slots, he has nearly 50 appearances already in league action.

Another future prospect is 18 year old Spaniard, Juan Pino, who will come to the club on a free from Cultural Leonesa. He came highly rated in the scout reports, and will need a little bit of work to round him off to what we want him to be.

The next two signings will come with the intention of dropping them straight into first team football.

Firstly, 25 year old Norwegian, Marius Lundemo will come on a free transfer from Rosenborg. 

The defensive midfielder, whilst not the quickest, has the attributes needed to sit and dictate the play at the base of midfield, and is mentally and physically well rounded. His PPM of trying long range passes fits perfectly into what I want.

image.thumb.png.e0e785014429731446557fe1d1cddb97.png

The last confirmed new signing at the moment is 24 year old targetman, Hendrik Weydandt, who will make the move south from Hannover. Most of the season, we've lacked a physical option in attack, and this is exactly what he brings. Good in the air, strong, and deceptively quick, he'll slot into the forward rotation, and probably be first choice in fixtures away from home where we may be 'up against it'.

image.thumb.png.2d1591df6164500408c90c6efd490c9d.png

2 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Superb. I was reading about your save on the blog. Good steady progress! 

BTW what's your stadium capacity at now? 

32,250 (25,725 Seated)

At the resumption of my season in February, Karlsruhe, sat in 2nd in Bundesliga 2.

I felt that at that time, we weren't ready for promotion, nor did we have a squad capable of surviving, were we to go up.

We were top of the table in terms of performance, but, at the same time, our discipline was lacking, we were top of the bookings table, and coming to the crux of the season, that was definitely going to bite, which, with our form falling off in the last bit of the season, more than proved it.

image.thumb.png.4e572be014ae46e66b914d6cdced4bac.png

image.thumb.png.7e137488340d0c083156f6f34eecf12a.png

On the plus side, however, our youth intake looked promising.

fm_m9DMbb7OOi.thumb.png.7d77e6c52135234080aef5d9a45d3f00.png

fm_0cT0d0E4wN.thumb.png.ec293bed1d617ff775e876e4954db6c3.png

fm_bRmS6mA57b.thumb.png.384fcb49ce6fe1a344ef4ce44bc9c920.png

fm_uGxvYY7Kmy.thumb.png.4f69b1fd807a5b32390e6b1d8d79591c.png

fm_XCcUaAeHqY.thumb.png.a6d540c5d6853184e0b25c6fdc418bae.png

Those are the 4 best prospects, however, we also picked up a couple that were identified by our Head of Youth.

image.thumb.png.5885b9f28cb9c4c684884a3fe71a4eb7.png

image.thumb.png.431475bbd71acc7f0d481b5c1fb0b8c2.png

We're signing lots of U19 talent in order to flesh out that side, and intending to get a II side as soon as possible, however, we did make one more signing, although, he won't be joining us until January 2021.

image.thumb.png.9d621c1f6630f07ce42a000cdad22e96.png

50 minutes ago, lblanc said:

Unlucky 

Maybe, I just think we weren't good enough in the 2nd half of the season.

In other news - 

fm_o0RRC5mmc0.thumb.png.5d2e1c5929ef81d9ac8dde433a96ba9b.png

fm_PpVe5d4Qf1.thumb.png.76525efe3482fbb289cb79e75f4fc52a.png

----

Also, we've made a few moves to strengthen the squad on top of what we already did last season.

In defence, joining for £50k, Stian Rode Gregersen, who will be a rotation option, and offers a lot physically. We can work on the technical stuff.

image.thumb.png.0ab9ec20951da903cfeaf4cffcdc5034.png

On a free transfer from Real Madrid, comes 19 year old Sergio Santos. He needs work on the mental areas, but, will fill in as a 5th centre back when needed.

image.thumb.png.dc3a59f663d80ecb5f999f633e38eb17.png

Last defensive addition, for a fee of £950k, is Robin Bormuth, who joins from Fortuna Dusseldorf, who were relegated from Bundesliga.

image.thumb.png.ab05f39f45174dc996a836899babc5a2.png

In midfield, we renewed James Garners loan contract for another season, and joining on a free to play at the base of midfield is Grischa Promel. The 25 year old is familiar with his surroundings at Karlsruhe, having left the club 3 seasons ago to head to Union Berlin. He rejoins on a 3 year deal, and his energy will be a massive boost to the defence.

image.thumb.png.d1fcf0fd0f453492d2bf78509a190435.png

As well as Hendrik Weydandt, who joins on a free from Hannover, our attacking ranks are boosted with the return of Malik Batmaz, who was on loan at Stuttgart last season, and Marvin Pourie, who spent the season at Braunschweig in 3.Liga, scoring 13 goals.

The only area I feel that needs strengthening, is the left wing, but, a couple of moves are being made for players.

13 hours ago, robterrace said:

At the resumption of my season in February, Karlsruhe, sat in 2nd in Bundesliga 2.

I felt that at that time, we weren't ready for promotion, nor did we have a squad capable of surviving, were we to go up.

We were top of the table in terms of performance, but, at the same time, our discipline was lacking, we were top of the bookings table, and coming to the crux of the season, that was definitely going to bite, which, with our form falling off in the last bit of the season, more than proved it.

image.thumb.png.4e572be014ae46e66b914d6cdced4bac.png

image.thumb.png.7e137488340d0c083156f6f34eecf12a.png

On the plus side, however, our youth intake looked promising.

fm_m9DMbb7OOi.thumb.png.7d77e6c52135234080aef5d9a45d3f00.png

fm_0cT0d0E4wN.thumb.png.ec293bed1d617ff775e876e4954db6c3.png

fm_bRmS6mA57b.thumb.png.384fcb49ce6fe1a344ef4ce44bc9c920.png

fm_uGxvYY7Kmy.thumb.png.4f69b1fd807a5b32390e6b1d8d79591c.png

fm_XCcUaAeHqY.thumb.png.a6d540c5d6853184e0b25c6fdc418bae.png

Those are the 4 best prospects, however, we also picked up a couple that were identified by our Head of Youth.

image.thumb.png.5885b9f28cb9c4c684884a3fe71a4eb7.png

image.thumb.png.431475bbd71acc7f0d481b5c1fb0b8c2.png

We're signing lots of U19 talent in order to flesh out that side, and intending to get a II side as soon as possible, however, we did make one more signing, although, he won't be joining us until January 2021.

image.thumb.png.9d621c1f6630f07ce42a000cdad22e96.png

Those regen faces look good! Where did you get them from?

With Wolfsburg we are currently performing above expectations and are right in the mix for best of the rest and European football. Bayern Munich have resumed normal service and have been devastatingly strong this year. They poached Frank de Boer from Gladbach, who against all odds won the league last season and they haven't looked back. 

947729658_Table2025.PNG.838924a6e4ee66baab888886ade651e0.PNG

We've been keeping pace, mainly through  Haaland (who is miserable and is desperate to move) keeping up a good scoring record. The vultures were circling around a few of my key players with release clauses and have offered them better terms. Hoping  we can maintain momentum and qualify for Champions League, having promised Haaland we would qualify. Maybe then we can bring him to the negotiating table and offer better terms. 

Dani Maldini has been a revelation as a bosman deal. Scoring 8 and assisting 4 in half a season. Hoping to turn him into a bit of an Italian Thomas Muller with his goal scoring exploits. 

1835745923_DaniBoi.thumb.PNG.b326e1033c73b081312485c9f9448c01.PNG

The regen faces are Chilled Moose on twitter.

Central defender Christoph Kobald has signed for SKN St.Polten for £350k, which is a big profit, especially for a player who was starting the last year of his contract.

Also coming in, English winger, Aaron Lennon, who left Burnley at the end of the season. He will offer backup on both wings.

fm_jDmeHbULX8.thumb.png.6921af1c87e7a04a42df44fb4fbff3d3.png

The new first choice on the left wing, coming in on loan from Newcastle United, is Rolando Aarons. 

image.thumb.png.e5d67d4b2001afffe6d11dbdad4a1f6f.png

Some player moves are still going on, with mainly fringe players leaving for football. I may need to find another centre back, but, at that has currently been covered by the loan signing of Arsenal centre back, Konstantinos Marvropanos, who returns to Bundesliga.2 for the 2nd season, having been at Nurnberg last season.

image.thumb.png.7941a94dce24c1b83e3e5a9742f98474.png

A second defensive loan arrival also came in, with Ajax youngster Perr Schuurs arriving for the season. He offers versatility, being able to play at right back, as well as in front of the back four.

image.thumb.png.5374cae9214e5709f21a500a724ec01c.png

However, our biggest move so far comes in goal, where, Marius Gersbeck had been influential last season for us, earning himself a place in the Bundesliga.2 team of the season. However, he was lacking in some areas, as well as being a bit prone to injury, and I felt an upgrade was needed, especially if we were to tighten up defensively.

Coming in on a free transfer, is Portuguese goalkeeper Cláudio Ramos, who left CD Tondela at the end of the season, having made nearly 250 appearances for them.

image.thumb.png.6af19c71a7f49e86d4956a99cab8caac.png