[FM 20] Fola's Career

Fola

6th August 2020 - Transfer Round Up - Incomings

c0gf8Ne.png

Now onto the incomings and there are some players here who I am very excited about. Many have been paid in installments which haven't been shown above. 

You already know about Wanyama. Bernard and George have been bought in as backup for the first team.

Ml34aaJ.png

I tried to get him in January but I couldn't agree a fee. Hull got relegated from the Championship so managed to get a deal sorted. I am certain he can make the step up to the Premier League.

6Wjgmj6.png

I put in a speculative bid in but wasn't expecting to get him. I wanted to bring back Victor Camarasa but this guy topped him. Great potential and a player who I think could do great things here.

mRzZuR0.png

Newcastle got relegated last season and I knew straight away this was my number one target. It took a bit of persuasion but really happy to bring him in. He will become my captain and a proper leader at the back.

VL6oCSi.png

A player with a lot of potential. I only spotted him when I was looking at Olmo. I doubt he will play too much this season but looks a good player.

405n5Bi.png

Had a successful spell at Charlton in the Championship last season. Will probably only be a backup for me this season but a good replacement to have in the squad.

ZX7kilJ.png

With Martin Kelly leaving we needed a backup right back to DeAndre Yedlin and this is the perfect man. He started his career here and very happy to be able to bring him here on a free.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7th August 2020

Image result for crystal palace bbc"

So the transfer window has finished now and my squad until January is as follows:

Goalkeepers

13 - Wayne Hennessey
1 - Shamal George
16 - Mattia Perin

Defenders

5 - James Tomkins
4 - Jamaal Lascelles
12 - Mamadou Sakho
2 - Nathaniel Clyne
14 - DeAndre Yedlin
3 - Patrick Van Aanholt
44 - Jairo Riedewald

Midfielders

8 - Cheikhou Kouyate
6 - Victor Wanyama
18 - Nikola Moro
25 - Conor Gallagher
22 - James McCarthy
23 - Dani Olmo
7 - Maximilian Meyer

Wingers

10 - Andros Townsend
15 - Jeffrey Schlupp
11 - Wilfried Zaha
20 - Ollie Watkins
19 - Jarrod Borwn

Strikers

9 - Jordan Ayew
21 - Connor Wickham
17 - Christian Benteke

8th August 2020 - Premier League - Matchday 1

5NPguIG.png

Starting XI:  Perin; Yedlin, Sakho, Lascelles, Van Aanholt; Wanyama, Meyer, Moro; Bowen, Zaha*; Ayew**
Subs: Hennessey, Tomkins, Schlupp, Kouyate, McCarthy, Townsend**, Benteke**

What a sucker punch. In all fairness we were battered all match but I really thought we would have held out for a draw. Arsenal scored with the last kick of the game. We defended well throughout and can't fault them really. Newly promoted Fulham next which should be winnable.

Image result for palace arsenal bbc"

Crystal Palace MOTM: Mamadou Sakho (6.9)
League Position: 18th
Next Opponent: Fulham  (H)

15th August 2020 - Premier League - Matchday 2

Q0gb48M.png

Starting XI:  Perin; Yedlin*, Sakho, Lascelles, Van Aanholt; Wanyama, Meyer, Olmo; Bowen**, Zaha***; Ayew
Subs: Hennessey, Tomkins*, Schlupp**, Kouyate, Moro, Townsend***, Benteke

Really happy to get our first win of the season after it took us so long to get that elusive first win last season. Dani Olmo came in for his first start of the season in midfield and did well. We should of won by more really but couldn't put our chances away. Spurs up next so quite a tough start to the season.

Image result for jordan ayew bbc"

Crystal Palace MOTM: Jamaal Lascelles (8.4)
League Position: 11th
Next Opponent: Spurs (A)

21st August 2020 - Premier League - Matchday 3

vCzFUPG.png

Starting XI:  Perin; Clyne, Sakho, Lascelles, Van Aanholt; Wanyama, Meyer, Olmo; Bowen*, Zaha; Ayew**
Subs: Hennessey, Tomkins, Schlupp, Kouyate, Moro, Townsend*, Benteke**

Another good performance but we were undone by a Harry Kane wonder goal. I am really happy with how we are playing at the minute and we are looking much stronger across the backline. Last season we would of lost this by more but we managed to stay in it and had chances to get the draw. Luton in the cup next so I will mix the team up a bit.

Image result for harry kane crystal palace bbc"

Crystal Palace MOTM: Jamaal Lascelles (7.0)
League Position: 13th
Next Opponent: Luton (H)

25th August 2020

ufYl4tU.png

Van Aanholt is kicking up a fuss because I rejected a bid from Leicester for him in the summer. His contract is up at the end of the season so we will unfortunately lose him on a free but he's thrown his toys out the pram and wants a move before then. It won't be happening but I just hope he isn't too much of a bad influence in the dressing room.

r1K4rV1.png

21st August 2020 - Carabao Cup - Second Round

F77J3VY.png

Starting XI: Hennessey; Clyne*, Sakho, Lascelles, Schlupp; Kouyate, Moro, Olmo**; Bowen***, Zaha; Ayew
Subs: Perin, Yedin*, Riedewald, Wanyama, Watkins**, Meyer***, Wickham

Through to the next round of the cup after a solid win against Luton. I mixed the side up slightly and gave some of the other lads a go in the starting 11. We went behind early on and got a fortunate own goal but Zaha got his first goal of the season to send us through.

Image result for zaha crystal palace bbc"

Crystal Palace MOTM: Jarrod Bowen (7.3)
Next Opponent: Burnley (H)

30th August 2020 - Premier League - Matchday 4

mJOj4W3.png

Starting XI:  Perin; Yedlin, Sakho, Lascelles, Van Aanholt; Wanyama, Meyer, Olmo*; Bowen**, Zaha; Ayew
Subs: Hennessey, Clyne, Schlupp, Kouyate, Moro*, Townsend**, Benteke

A great win in a match that we dominated throughout. Zaha had a stormer and was unplayable at times. Disappointed to concede but it's been a good start to the season.

Image result for zaha crystal palace bbc"

Crystal Palace MOTM: Wilfried Zaha (8.9)
League Position: 10th
Next Opponent: Leicester (A)

4th September 2020

QpbK3Fk.png

Managed to sign him up to a new deal after he has been kicking off about wanting to leave the past few months. I don't think there are many better LB's in the league and he offers to options going forwards as well as defensively. Really happy to have tied him down.

• 5 months later...

Even if the story is ended nearly half a year, I'd like to give thumps up for your 1st season and your transfers.

It's too bad that you didn't continue with he 2nd season, it would be definitely interesting!

Also I very like the presentation of your story and hope it's okay for you, that I potentially copy the style for my own eagles story @ Meistertrainerforum?