Troubles with FM20 editor... help?

unlsd

Hey guys,

Glad to finally have the chance to get my hands on the FM20 Editor. I'm trying to create the Bulgarian lower divisions and unfortunately I encountered an issue.

What I do step-by-step:

1. In the editor, Rules -> Nation Rules
  2. Select Bulgaria -> select Add Lower Divisions And Cups to Existing Structure and hit Finish
  3. Changing Third League (it is a league in the database which has 4 sub-division) from Inactive Division to League
  4. Set Third league Promotion Places to 1 for each of the 4 sub-divisions (not changing the parent competition because it says it is conflicting)

and now... I cannot:

1. Set the relegation places from Second League (the field is "frozen", inactive)
  2. Set promotion division for the Third League team (which I want to be Second League)

The exact error message is:

Number of teams promoted from Third League doesn't match with number of teams relegated from Second League

Team relegated from upper division: 0

Team promoted from lower division: 4

:(

I successfully did this (and more) with the FM19 editor.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong will be appreciated?

I think there is a bug in the editor, I'm getting the same error in the Swiss league when adding the third level (except it is 1 promoted from lower division not 4)

However:

• If I change promoted teams to 0 rather than 1, it validates
    (and when I tested in game, the 3rd level team was successfully being promoted)
  • But if I change to advanced editor and try to validate, it doesn't validate

This makes me think the issue is mainly cosmetic, and rather than 0, what it is really saying is the number of promoted teams from whatever level you add to the out-of-the-box structure is already pre-defined by how many teams are relegated from the last level of that out-of-the-box structure.

So I will raise a bug, but unlsd, in the meantime I bet if you set promoted teams to zero it will work

17 minutes ago, unlsd said:

Hey guys,

Glad to finally have the chance to get my hands on the FM20 Editor. I'm trying to create the Bulgarian lower divisions and unfortunately I encountered an issue.

What I do step-by-step:

1. In the editor, Rules -> Nation Rules
  2. Select Bulgaria -> select Add Lower Divisions And Cups to Existing Structure and hit Finish
  3. Changing Third League (it is a league in the database which has 4 sub-division) from Inactive Division to League
  4. Set Third league Promotion Places to 1 for each of the 4 sub-divisions (not changing the parent competition because it says it is conflicting)

and now... I cannot:

1. Set the relegation places from Second League (the field is "frozen", inactive)
  2. Set promotion division for the Third League team (which I want to be Second League)

The exact error message is:

:(

I successfully did this (and more) with the FM19 editor.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong will be appreciated?

I also have problems with polish lower leagues, upload the file I'll take a look.

Just now, unlsd said:

Thanks, guys.

@Bigpole - which file you mean? It is the default DB I just do the steps and get stuck on step 4.

And I have big plans for the ~30 divisions in level 4 :D

your file, save the file and upload here. I'll check if it can be done.

12 minutes ago, JBZ said:

I think there is a bug in the editor, I'm getting the same error in the Swiss league when adding the third level (except it is 1 promoted from lower division not 4)

However:

• If I change promoted teams to 0 rather than 1, it validates
    (and when I tested in game, the 3rd level team was successfully being promoted)
  • But if I change to advanced editor and try to validate, it doesn't validate

This makes me think the issue is mainly cosmetic, and rather than 0, what it is really saying is the number of promoted teams from whatever level you add to the out-of-the-box structure is already pre-defined by how many teams are relegated from the last level of that out-of-the-box structure.

So I will raise a bug, but unlsd, in the meantime I bet if you set promoted teams to zero it will work

What if we want to promote more than 1 team?

8 minutes ago, unlsd said:

Here it is.

Extra note: By the way the Min, Max, No of Promotion and Rel egation places for league 2 are not populated at first, just blank. They appear when I activate 3rd division.

test.fmf 15.2 kB · 0 downloads

Yes, I have (had) the same problem. You can't change prom/releg teams in basic rules anymore so you need to convert to advanced rules. 

Does any of you guys know if this is going to be changed as it was in FM19 or it is set this way on purpose and will stay as it is?

It's quite discouraging for me when I see how overwhelming the Advanced Rules are. :(

Edited by unlsd

18 hours ago, unlsd said:

What if we want to promote more than 1 team?

(This an assumption, and needs to be proved, but worked in the Swiss league when only 1 team from 1 lower division is promoted)

If you want to promote just the champions of each of the four, it should automatically work if you set the promotion as zero, because what I think is happening is there are already 4 teams hard-coded to be relegated from the Bulgarian second level (even though it is showing as zero), so if there are four sub-divisions in the next level there's effectively already four teams hard-coded to come up (again, even if it is showing visually as zero), so it would automatically take the champions of each.

(if you wanted to do something more complicated with play-offs etc, then probably the advanced editor would be the only route until they fix it)

1 hour ago, unlsd said:

Does any of you guys know if this is going to be changed as it was in FM19 or it is set this way on purpose and will stay as it is?

It's quite discouraging for me when I see how overwhelming the Advanced Rules are. :(

I have raised your original issue as a a bug (I had the same issue but searched first to see if anyone had raised it) and SI have already replied to say they are looking into it, so I presume its not on purpose and will be fixed :thup:

Edited by JBZ
Submitted too early

Good Afternoon,

As yesterday the editor was downloadable, this morning I wanted to begin a career with Newcastle. One of their icons is Gascoigne. Found him in the editor as a retired player and begin editing his stats and so on in order for me to make him as my assistant manager. Everything went fine, but could not find where I can add the below items maybe someone can help:

PFA Young Player of the Year: 1987–88
PFA First Division Team of the Year: 1987–88, 1990–91
BBC Sports Personality of the Year: 1990
FIFA World Cup All-Star Team: 1990
Ballon d'Or: 1990 (4th)
BBC Goal of the Season: 1990–91
PFA Scotland Players' Player of the Year: 1995–96
SFWA Footballer of the Year: 1995–96
UEFA European Championship Team of the Tournament: 1996
English Football Hall of Fame Inductee: 2002
Rangers Hall of Fame Inductee: 2006