[FM20] Inter Miami

MWE

Inter_Miami_CF_(2018).png

I thought I would go for one of the new teams for this save so it was a toss up between Inter Miami and Western United in the A-League

I started off with 4 players  all out on loan but I've got the squad pretty full with plenty of international players

I will be playing a 4-4-2

ExsoPcT.png

vQcARAt.png

rCo2z74.png

dwsORd0.png

Half way through the first season sitting pretty at the top of the league

Only one player signed since the last set of screen shots and he has the highest average rating of all my players so far

IAXJJDo.png

IUicnUG.png

On 26/11/2019 at 08:47, Superowl90 said:

I've just started the same save. Did you start signing players straight away or wait until the expansion draft?

I waited until July for the transfer window to open then traded for players in the MLS that were transfer listed

League table at the end of season 2 just the play offs to run now

VnSlBEa.png

2 signings that I made during the mid season transfer window

J5mW3Gi.png

On loan from Arsenal just until the end of the season

TFVXNPv.png

End of season 2

Got knocked out of the eastern conference semi final by Atlanta United

R8z46yE.png

Qw9ASw5.png

l4pzhkn.png

1dcRWFP.png

ZSAk6Kg.png

eGql4Zt.png

Inter Miami
Season    MLS Pos.  Play Offs         US Open Cup    NACL        Top Scorer
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020      1st       Winners           4th Round      N/A         Jordan Morris (18)
2021      4th       E.Conf S.Final    4th Round      Runners Up  Jordan Morris (28)

On 19/12/2019 at 16:35, EnigMattic1 said:

The board make me laugh. 15.5m before you join the MLS and nobody is interested, then 5m when you join and actually have players wanting to come. You have built a decent squad there.

Given up on trying to get in better players from abroad better off recruiting from within the league

27 minutes ago, MWE said:

Given up on trying to get in better players from abroad better off recruiting from within the league

Before the start of the '20 season, I have brought in Lima from Kansas, Rodriguez and Ramirez from Houston, Miller (gk) from LAFC and Morris from Seattle. 

16 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Before the start of the '20 season, I have brought in Lima from Kansas, Rodriguez and Ramirez from Houston, Miller (gk) from LAFC and Morris from Seattle. 

Morris is really good

18 minutes ago, MWE said:

No

Players in there are no good anyway :D

It's weird. Everything in the editor says they should be. They have the same settings as, for example, Nashville but are not listed as an affiliate. I just wanted more say over youth players. 

Season 3 over and done with 

Won the MLS Cup and the Leagues Cup also runner up in the US Cup not a bad season

vGyxPfv.png

o3x3fVN.png

GNP8wJN.png

bmPrgiP.png

36nW0VD.png

7ITI1fY.png

Inter Miami
Season    MLS Pos.  Play Offs         US Open Cup    NACL        Leagues Cup  Top Scorer
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020      1st       Winners           4th Round      N/A         N/A          Jordan Morris (18)
2021      4th       E.Conf S.Final    4th Round      Runners Up  N/A          Jordan Morris (28)
2022      4th       Winners           Runners Up     N/A         Winners      Jordan Morris (38)
Edited by MWE

Hi mate,

I've just started a new Inter Miami save. I'm a relative newcomer to FM but did play CM03/04 back in the day. I have only just started and currently in January 2019. What do you suggest the first things I try and do? Do I need to start trying to hire staff and sign players yet? 

Arron

8 hours ago, CoachArron20 said:

Hi mate,

I've just started a new Inter Miami save. I'm a relative newcomer to FM but did play CM03/04 back in the day. I have only just started and currently in January 2019. What do you suggest the first things I try and do? Do I need to start trying to hire staff and sign players yet? 

Arron

See who doesn't get drafted after the first waiver draft in March. Start from there. You can always trade whoever you get for superdraft picks or better players.

Scouts are a good shout and players will probably want a promise that you will improve coaching staff. 

With only 4 players, you can pretty much pick whatever formation and playing style you want and get the players to suit.

Ive just built a cracking team through mainly trades. 

What Formation and tactics are you using? 

I am playing with NE Revolution in my save . I am finding it hard to keep quality players...the either get their heads turned by a foreign team or want to much money to re-sign. This is because of the wondrous MLS Salary Cap. As far as formation and tactics I use is a 4-2-3-1 Wide Gengenpress and have won two MLS Cups in a row.(I also didn't start in MLS, I got job in 2024.) 

As far as your Academy is concerned check out the yearly intake email. Sign any players your ASSMAN/HOYD recomend to reserve contracts. USE them in preseason and find out if they capable. If they are they make a great way to round out the roster if not stash them on the InterMiami II team. (Otherwise you risk losing them to the March Waiver Draft) 

On 03/01/2020 at 20:22, Hootieleece said:

What Formation and tactics are you using? 

I am playing with NE Revolution in my save . I am finding it hard to keep quality players...the either get their heads turned by a foreign team or want to much money to re-sign. This is because of the wondrous MLS Salary Cap. As far as formation and tactics I use is a 4-2-3-1 Wide Gengenpress and have won two MLS Cups in a row.(I also didn't start in MLS, I got job in 2024.) 

As far as your Academy is concerned check out the yearly intake email. Sign any players your ASSMAN/HOYD recomend to reserve contracts. USE them in preseason and find out if they capable. If they are they make a great way to round out the roster if not stash them on the InterMiami II team. (Otherwise you risk losing them to the March Waiver Draft) 

I've not had one intake with Miami think that must be broken

Currently playing with a 4-4-2

2 hours ago, MWE said:

End of the regular season

Didn't win in any of our last 6 league games 

The team must just like finishing 4th

JPlN5ms.png

Atlanta have dropped off ain't they? I always had the impression that Atlanta and LAFC were the teams to beat. 

On 07/01/2020 at 21:58, Hootieleece said:

At least you made the Eastern Conference Semi-Finals and host a playoff game. The MLS Trophy is worth more than the Supporters Shield.

I would prefer to win both :D

On 07/01/2020 at 22:45, EnigMattic1 said:

Atlanta have dropped off ain't they? I always had the impression that Atlanta and LAFC were the teams to beat. 

Both of those teams don't use their cap space efficiently I think Atlanta only had 12 first team players last time I looked 

We were knocked out at the first hurdle of the play offs in season 4

forgot to take a screenshot of the squad screen

zJCHyFR.png

jIssCcR.png

WBiEkKY.png

8CxrGQt.png

VMKo6at.png

Inter Miami
Season    MLS Pos.  Play Offs         US Open Cup    NACL        Leagues Cup  Top Scorer
2020      1st       Winners           4th Round      N/A         N/A          Jordan Morris (18)
2021      4th       E.Conf S.Final    4th Round      Runners Up  N/A          Jordan Morris (28)
2022      4th       Winners           Runners Up     N/A         Winners      Jordan Morris (38)
2023      4th       E.Conf 1st Round  5th Round      Qtr Final   N/A          Jordan Morris (29)

13 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

Bad dip in form at the end of season. Did Jordan Morris stop scoring?

Everyone else stopped scoring  :D Shambles in defence also, Worst time of the season to mess with the tactics I guess

Had a massive squad clear out for the next season.

End of season 5 

Knocked out at the first hurdle of the play offs 

2sLXmgC.png

MdThD6I.png

gY4jfP1.png

o083hEm.png

6FV65VK.png

U4fjSnP.png

Inter Miami
2023      4th       E.Conf 1st Round  5th Round      Qtr Final   N/A          Jordan Morris (29)
2024      1st       E.Conf S.Final    Winners        N/A         1st Round    Jordan Morris (30)

10 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

Time to make the MLS Cup Final! Since you are the BEST Eastern Conference Team by far.

Sad how bad my New England Revolution are doing in your save.

Thanks

Just fell short again in the play offs 

inogM2s.png

eKbiwSy.png

YSFFSNz.png

AW27jvH.png

X8q9o9M.png

G8PbQNP.png

Inter Miami
2024      1st       E.Conf S.Final    Winners        N/A         1st Round    Jordan Morris (30)
2025      2nd       E.Conf Final      Qtr Final      Runners Up  N/A          Jordan Morris (36)

70 points a season will win the Supporters Shield just about every season. Basically you need to have twice as many points as games played to do it.

Remember you still have a chance for the MLS Championship which I believe is more important that the Supporters Shield.