[FM20] Inter Miami

MWE

On 25/01/2020 at 19:09, wkdsoul said:

Can i get a screenshot of who will move to you at season 5 and how much your budgets are?

(doing some research for a custom usa database)

Sorry I've already gone past season 5 i'm just into season 7 now do you want my budgets from that?

Season 7 done won the MLS Cup :D

Y3DhTNj.png

7Ef0cQH.png

GTnQVxj.png

jb3yOmg.png

jwVL4Zj.png

MRx1AFj.png

Inter Miami
Season    MLS Pos.  Play Offs         US Open Cup    NACL        Leagues Cup  Top Scorer
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020      1st       Winners           4th Round      N/A         N/A          Jordan Morris (18)
2021      4th       E.Conf S.Final    4th Round      Runners Up  N/A          Jordan Morris (28)
2022      4th       Winners           Runners Up     N/A         Winners      Jordan Morris (38)
2023      4th       E.Conf 1st Round  5th Round      Qtr Final   N/A          Jordan Morris (29)
2024      1st       E.Conf S.Final    Winners        N/A         1st Round    Jordan Morris (30)
2025      2nd       E.Conf Final      Qtr Final      Runners Up  N/A          Jordan Morris (36)
2026      4th       Winners           5th Round      Semi Final  N/A          Jordan Morris (33)

21 hours ago, wkdsoul said:

Yeah, thats great. can i see the scouting screen - the list of players that will move to you ?  interested in transfer or loan?

These ok for you?

rahsrVJ.png

2l4MQ3j.png

AoaxAbb.png

Season done and another MLS Cup win to go with the Champions League

lZgAm1S.png

TMvqMeZ.png

5K4XQQq.png

YxzFK5q.png

JNj2VlR.png

RnL2ZPv.png

rbao08L.png

Inter Miami
Season    MLS Pos.  Play Offs         US Open Cup    NACL        Leagues Cup  Top Scorer
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020      1st       Winners           4th Round      N/A         N/A          Jordan Morris (18)
2021      4th       E.Conf S.Final    4th Round      Runners Up  N/A          Jordan Morris (28)
2022      4th       Winners           Runners Up     N/A         Winners      Jordan Morris (38)
2023      4th       E.Conf 1st Round  5th Round      Qtr Final   N/A          Jordan Morris (29)
2024      1st       E.Conf S.Final    Winners        N/A         1st Round    Jordan Morris (30)
2025      2nd       E.Conf Final      Qtr Final      Runners Up  N/A          Jordan Morris (36)
2026      4th       Winners           5th Round      Semi Final  N/A          Jordan Morris (33)
2027      2nd       Winners           5th Round      Winners     N/A          Ben Smith     (35)

Awesome thread @MWE - this has inspired me! My type of save.

A couple of seasons ago I did one with Atlanta United but left after 2 seasons because got fed off of the trading/transfer market (and I'm a fan of MLS - I understand how it works)...You've really grasped it in game it seems. 

I found that I really struggled before with initiating trades and the buildup of the trade itself, ie what draft pick is 'good value', how much GAM/TAM to use, is the offering franchise short changing me? I could never really suss out what was a fair offer and then very rarely bothered doing any trades at all. 

Did you ever actually find decent players on the superdraft, or did you get more 'value' from trading away draft picks as part of player trades instead of worrying about the draft itself? Would it be stupid for me to trade away first Superdraft pick in winter 2019?

You've worked wonders managing to get the likes of Sweat, Dwyer, Morris, Zardes etc... I'd have thought these would be 'indispensable' to previous franchise. How did you go about this?

I also saw you signed a player from Persepolis... take it the board allow scouting across the entire world?  

You also mentioned your knowledge of the league was at a good level for summer 2019 MLS window... did you then just trade for players which were listed?

If you were to give a five-point plan to anybody starting with Miami in early 2019... what would it be? 

Thanks in advance, appreciate I've asked lots but want to give this save a go... got to be one of the toughest, most-intriguing and educational challenges on this year's game!

5 hours ago, tobybilton1 said:

Awesome thread @MWE - this has inspired me! My type of save.

A couple of seasons ago I did one with Atlanta United but left after 2 seasons because got fed off of the trading/transfer market (and I'm a fan of MLS - I understand how it works)...You've really grasped it in game it seems. 

I found that I really struggled before with initiating trades and the buildup of the trade itself, ie what draft pick is 'good value', how much GAM/TAM to use, is the offering franchise short changing me? I could never really suss out what was a fair offer and then very rarely bothered doing any trades at all. 

Did you ever actually find decent players on the superdraft, or did you get more 'value' from trading away draft picks as part of player trades instead of worrying about the draft itself? Would it be stupid for me to trade away first Superdraft pick in winter 2019?

You've worked wonders managing to get the likes of Sweat, Dwyer, Morris, Zardes etc... I'd have thought these would be 'indispensable' to previous franchise. How did you go about this?

I also saw you signed a player from Persepolis... take it the board allow scouting across the entire world?  

You also mentioned your knowledge of the league was at a good level for summer 2019 MLS window... did you then just trade for players which were listed?

If you were to give a five-point plan to anybody starting with Miami in early 2019... what would it be? 

Thanks in advance, appreciate I've asked lots but want to give this save a go... got to be one of the toughest, most-intriguing and educational challenges on this year's game!

Sometimes with trades I just keep offering until the other team accepts just adding either players or picks or GAM to get the deal done if it's a player I really want.

Getting rid of picks suits me as the best players from each draft usually end up transfer listed after two or three seasons and can be easily picked up if you need them or they will be transfer listed in they're second season they will still be on an SMS contract which doesn't have a cap hit which can come in handy even if you only then have the player for one season if they want a big renewal for their 3rd season with the league.

Sweat Dwyer Morris and Zardes were all transfer listed so easy enough to pick up using GAM and picks

Think the Persepolis guy was actually an agent recomendation, in my current season 2028 I have no restrictions on scouting

If you are starting a save with Miami best thing to do is take over then just keep an eye on the transfer list obviously keep an eye on your players cap hit to when signing been caught out a few times with that so far.

Any other questions you have I will try to answer for you

Literally just loaded it up.... first thing I've done is look for a chief scout... then i'll get my scouting team and AssMan. How late did you sign the rest of the staff? I feel i'm just wasting money if I build a coaching team now?  What a project/challenge this is!!!

20 hours ago, tobybilton1 said:

Literally just loaded it up.... first thing I've done is look for a chief scout... then i'll get my scouting team and AssMan. How late did you sign the rest of the staff? I feel i'm just wasting money if I build a coaching team now?  What a project/challenge this is!!!

First thing I did was get staff in it won't affect you're budgets money has been stable for me over the ten seasons although my wage budget has significantly dropped over the 9 seasons I've done so far, think it started at about £400k its now down to about £225k although that hasn't affected me because I play with quite a small squad.

Half way point of season 9

Trey Muse and Ben Smith's release clauses were both met so they have left had to sign a couple of players to replace particularly pleased with the Pickford signing.

Not had a great start to the season 

SWYPZ2R.png

AmX5orx.png

0Kuhrgw.png

HEEmaHM.png

906BJdx.png

Won another MLS Cup

sLrlNbs.png

FnwVgXM.png

dcyxzyS.png

KvyAHt1.png

cGQPuUG.png

8eTKJsk.png

Inter Miami
2027      2nd       Winners           5th Round      Winners     N/A          Ben Smith     (35)
2028      2nd       Winners           4th Round      Semi Final  N/A          Jake Hirst    (24)

• 2 weeks later...

I've asked elsewhere in the forums, without response, but I'll ask here since you've completed several seasons:

Have you figured out how to use Targeted Allocation Money to buy down DP salaries?  In theory, that's what I've read it is used for in FM (though not in real life).  I can buy down some (but not all) players' cap hits with General Allocation Money, but I haven't figured out how to put Targeted Allocation Money towards player cap hits.

I'm now at a point where I can only register my squad if I waive players I'd really prefer to keep.

On 05/03/2020 at 15:55, Toronto Blizzard said:

I've asked elsewhere in the forums, without response, but I'll ask here since you've completed several seasons:

Have you figured out how to use Targeted Allocation Money to buy down DP salaries?  In theory, that's what I've read it is used for in FM (though not in real life).  I can buy down some (but not all) players' cap hits with General Allocation Money, but I haven't figured out how to put Targeted Allocation Money towards player cap hits.

I'm now at a point where I can only register my squad if I waive players I'd really prefer to keep.

I've not used targeted allocation money myself