[FM20] Africa Extended. Bringing FM20 to Africa. v4 RELEASED

On 12/04/2020 at 17:09, sporadicsmiles said:

First post updated with new files for download.

There are now two files. 

Africa Extended v4 - Database changes contains all the database changes, but no rules. You can use this as a stand alone file which adds teams to players without the leagues (if you want to do that).

Africa Extended v4 - Leagues contains all the leagues in a single file. 

You should run both files if you want to play the leagues. It is exactly the same as before except I have split things up. Each file will also work independently, but I would not recommend using only the League file without the player file. 

are there also new african wonderkids ?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Archonnnnn said:

are there also new african wonderkids ?

New players are given random PA and CA, because often I do not know enough to do otherwise. So I am not adding wonderkids on purpose, and I want to keep this database realistic so I do not add them for the sake of it. 

Hi,

With regards to the leagues you have produced how many teams do you have qualifying for the CAF champions league from their league?

for example the moroccan league has the top two- have you added this?

Thanks

21 hours ago, kb1000 said:

Hi,

With regards to the leagues you have produced how many teams do you have qualifying for the CAF champions league from their league?

for example the moroccan league has the top two- have you added this?

Thanks

I have not changed the CAF champions's league at all. I assumed it was already working correctly since it was in the base game. Is it not the case? 

9 hours ago, Xinjange said:

Why to use this file when @timo@ or Sangue Blu have much deeper and more accurate (2 div teams dont get outclassed on promotion):idiot: files?

Nobody is making you use it :rolleyes:. However neither files are more accurate. They are broad and shallow, whilst this file is narrow but deep. If you want to play lots of low divisions the creators you name will always create better things for you. If you want accuracy in the rosters, play this file. 

Thank you, great work!

Enjoying a save started with the file that was available march 10, v 2 I think.

Some problems with the cup in Morocco, Coupe du Trône. Best of two legs in the game (but should be one leg only as far as I know) but the rules in both games includes extra time and penalties. So I had the first game going to penalties but then the result counts as a draw when the second leg starts. Maybe you have seen and updated this in later versions. Just letting you know.

Thanks again, enjoying playing in Africa for the first time! 

On 06/05/2020 at 08:06, Xinjange said:

Why to use this file when @timo@ or Sangue Blu have much deeper and more accurate (2 div teams dont get outclassed on promotion):idiot: files?

What planet are you on? Sangue Blu intentionally makes bigger leagues than reality and Timo, while being good, creates random lower leagues that do not have the real teams in them. For example, his Macedonia file has a "Macedonian lower league " for 3rd tier, when in reality there are 6 sub-divisions.....

But that doesn't matter to you.

Edited by Kanwulf

1 hour ago, Wolf_pd said:

Guys, keep it nice.

Thanks.

Agreed. Use whichever file you prefer. I do not mind. Whatever you find the best for you. This is something I do for fun, I do not require it to be popular or better than anything else available. If you find inaccuracies in what I do, please tell me and I can try to make things more accurate. Otherwise, just enjoy the file, or whatever file you use! It is not a competition here. 

5 hours ago, hochsen said:

Some problems with the cup in Morocco, Coupe du Trône. Best of two legs in the game (but should be one leg only as far as I know) but the rules in both games includes extra time and penalties. So I had the first game going to penalties but then the result counts as a draw when the second leg starts. Maybe you have seen and updated this in later versions. Just letting you know.

I will look into it. Some of the competitions may be outdated, I did not pay a huge amount of attention when carrying this forward from 2019. I will have a look at the structures tomorrow and if I find any errors I will release a fix. This is nice and easy! 

I am also going to look into the Egyption second division, but I have some other things I am working on at the moment, so work here may be a bit slower than before. 

As always, keep the feedback flowing! And if you find reliable sources for other African leagues (players particularly, structures are easy to find but I aim to have rosters as accurate as possible) please share them with me. I will continue to expand the data as much as I can. It is becoming quite large now, so transfer window updates will take a but longer, but I remain committed to bringing FM to Africa and to making this file as broad as I can manage. 

Hi, first thank you for your work i've been able to play with my favourite team(ES Tunis from tunisia) in fm20 thanks to your work but i wanted to point out that it's not entierly accurate it's a mess actually, for example registration rules, in tunisia players under 21 do not need to be registred even if they're foreigners,also players from north africa are not considered foreigners (most big teams have many north african players and most of the time they're important players) so if you don't include this registration rule most of these players wont be able to play, secondly most of the players positions and attributes are wrong. I know it's difficult to get data on these players and these teams if you're not from around there so if you need any help with that you can reach out to me.I have fair knowledge of the tunisian first devision and i'm willing to help if you're ever intrested in improving it and making it more realistic

Edited by medouni13

On 11/05/2020 at 07:54, medouni13 said:

for example registration rules, in tunisia players under 21 do not need to be registred even if they're foreigners,also players from north africa are not considered foreigners (most big teams have many north african players and most of the time they're important players) so if you don't include this registration rule most of these players wont be able to play

Do you have a link to some accurate rules? I am grabbing what I can from wikipedia, and I am always happy to make improvements if someone will point me in the right direction. If you know them, you can always send me a PM with the correct registration rules and I will update them. 

secondly most of the players positions and attributes are wrong. I know it's difficult to get data on these players and these teams if you're not from around there so if you need any help with that you can reach out to me.I have fair knowledge of the tunisian first devision and i'm willing to help if you're ever intrested in improving it and making it more realistic

I never touch attributes here because I simply do not know enough about the players. Anyone I create has their attributes atuogenerated by the game. I add random CA/PA values which are limited to the min and max of players in that team who were in the DB (if that makes sense), because I always find if you leave CA and PA blank the game does not give a good balance. So on that side of things my hands are pretty tied. If you have some specific suggestions on certain players, please let me know! 

Regarding play positions, if the player is already in the DB I have not touched them. If they are created by me I go off whatever transfermarkt says their position is. This may not be the most accurate, I know. I do not have the time to research in depth every player (I wish I did). So I do what I can there. Of course there may be some inaccuracies. 

I have fair knowledge of the tunisian first devision and i'm willing to help if you're ever intrested in improving it and making it more realistic

I'd be more than happy to get some help. My aim is to get as accurate as possible, and I am fully happy to admit that I am not perfect in this regard! I'd love to get input from someone who has good knowledge of any leagues in here. I will send you a PM.

With regard to rules and such, Claassen explained in one of his earlier yearly releases where he got his information from. Obviously that doesn't beat local knowledge, but it could help.

If only I could remember which year.

7 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

With regard to rules and such, Claassen explained in one of his earlier yearly releases where he got his information from. Obviously that doesn't beat local knowledge, but it could help.

I'll try to dig through some old posts the next time I get the chance then! Cheers.

I think it is time to polish this file a little bit before adding to it with further leagues. 

11 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

I think he got the rules from soccerway.

When testing in the editor, I noticed that the Egyptian FA Cup only runs every other season.  I'm not sure if this is the case in game.  This is an easy fix though - just set the competition in the editor to have its own season update day, such as 1st September.  I didn't check if it was happening in game, but if someone has the file and has played a few seasons it would be worth checking if this is the case.

6 hours ago, magicmastermind124 said:

When testing in the editor, I noticed that the Egyptian FA Cup only runs every other season.  I'm not sure if this is the case in game.  This is an easy fix though - just set the competition in the editor to have its own season update day, such as 1st September.  I didn't check if it was happening in game, but if someone has the file and has played a few seasons it would be worth checking if this is the case.

Oof, if that is the case it is a big oversight from me! I will check and fix.

I applied the fix on my end and it works fine, although there is an issue with the start date for Egypt.  I started at the beginning of pre-season and the season had already started!

I looked into fixing it and found three things to add:

• Season Update Day - Changed to 10th of July (this will negate the need to have a separate season update day for the FA Cup)
  • Season Periods - I changed this to 18/08
  • Start Dates - I manually added early and late pre-season dates of 25/6 and 1/8, and start of season as 15/08.

This seems to have done the trick.  Hopefully this works for you and you can get a fix out.

Lastly - I noticed the DRC Linafoot does not have a competition level set in the Editor ;) 

Otherwise, great work! :) 

1 hour ago, magicmastermind124 said:

I applied the fix on my end and it works fine, although there is an issue with the start date for Egypt.  I started at the beginning of pre-season and the season had already started!

I looked into fixing it and found three things to add:

• Season Update Day - Changed to 10th of July (this will negate the need to have a separate season update day for the FA Cup)
  • Season Periods - I changed this to 18/08
  • Start Dates - I manually added early and late pre-season dates of 25/6 and 1/8, and start of season as 15/08.

This seems to have done the trick.  Hopefully this works for you and you can get a fix out.

Lastly - I noticed the DRC Linafoot does not have a competition level set in the Editor ;) 

Otherwise, great work! :) 

Thanks. The best kind of fix is the one someone did for me! I will get this done as soon as I have chance, and you get a nice mention in the OP.

Keep it coming guys. If you find things I messed up, let me know!

I'd like to help. I can look into squad updates for some of the teams in DR Congo that don't have any players.

Heritier Nke moved from FC Renaissance to Simba:
https://www.footballdatabase.eu/en/player/details/284833-heritier-nke

Christian Ngimbi plays for Motema Pembe:
https://www.footballdatabase.eu/en/player/details/283957-christian-ngimbi

Moloko Ducapel is also known as Jesus Moloko (taken from Vita Club FB page)
https://www.facebook.com/pg/As-Vclub-club-plus-populaires-en-nafrique-central-1473200102994079/posts/

I've been looking for players from Renaissance FC. So far I have found one:
https://www.worldfootball.net/player_summary/nzungu-mafuana/
https://globalsportsarchive.com/people/soccer/mafuana-nzungu/170788/

Been looking into a player called Rashidi Many Asumani who used to play for Renaissance. Found his FB profile and a FB group linked to his name. It is the only piece of information on him updated to 2019. He plays for Motema Pembe too AFAIK, as he is wearing their shirt.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1351864744970000/
https://www.facebook.com/many.asumani?hc_ref=ART2g-jZdCVMj7ok_VhMcVnLswt0bdm7RLhKv6_2NNiolRs8honkV-PHTuMG4pn8WUg
His football talents page hasn't been updated since 2012 but it does contain his DOB:
http://www.football-talents.co.uk/Rashidi_Asumani-3_7-208395-2.html

If it's best I can edit these players (and others) in the database and link the changes on here so you can use them.

I also have extra data on players from Nigeria and Sudan. More to come.

Edit: I have a personal DB where I've edited players from Vietnam and Kuwait. If anyone is doing one of these for asia, I'll be happy to help.

Edited by UnitedJoshdom

5 hours ago, UnitedJoshdom said:

I'd like to help. I can look into squad updates for some of the teams in DR Congo that don't have any players.

Heritier Nke moved from FC Renaissance to Simba:
https://www.footballdatabase.eu/en/player/details/284833-heritier-nke

Christian Ngimbi plays for Motema Pembe:
https://www.footballdatabase.eu/en/player/details/283957-christian-ngimbi

Moloko Ducapel is also known as Jesus Moloko (taken from Vita Club FB page)
https://www.facebook.com/pg/As-Vclub-club-plus-populaires-en-nafrique-central-1473200102994079/posts/

I've been looking for players from Renaissance FC. So far I have found one:
https://www.worldfootball.net/player_summary/nzungu-mafuana/
https://globalsportsarchive.com/people/soccer/mafuana-nzungu/170788/

Been looking into a player called Rashidi Many Asumani who used to play for Renaissance. Found his FB profile and a FB group linked to his name. It is the only piece of information on him updated to 2019. He plays for Motema Pembe too AFAIK, as he is wearing their shirt.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1351864744970000/
https://www.facebook.com/many.asumani?hc_ref=ART2g-jZdCVMj7ok_VhMcVnLswt0bdm7RLhKv6_2NNiolRs8honkV-PHTuMG4pn8WUg
His football talents page hasn't been updated since 2012 but it does contain his DOB:
http://www.football-talents.co.uk/Rashidi_Asumani-3_7-208395-2.html

If it's best I can edit these players (and others) in the database and link the changes on here so you can use them.

I also have extra data on players from Nigeria and Sudan. More to come.

Edit: I have a personal DB where I've edited players from Vietnam and Kuwait. If anyone is doing one of these for asia, I'll be happy to help.

Amazing help, thank you! I have a growing list of things to do with my Saturday morning! Keep them coming guys!

35 minutes ago, sporadicsmiles said:

Amazing help, thank you! I have a growing list of things to do with my Saturday morning! Keep them coming guys!

I'm currently editing a few things by myself, I'll send across the editor data files when I'm finished for the day

Thanks again for your work on this!

Played in Algeria and Morocco and noticed that Code of conduct doesn't show up when manager in those leagues, moved to South Africa and then it shows up as in vanilla game.

Just letting you know.

2 hours ago, hochsen said:

Played in Algeria and Morocco and noticed that Code of conduct doesn't show up when manager in those leagues, moved to South Africa and then it shows up as in vanilla game.

That is weird. I will look into it but I did not even know this was something I had to add to the game manually!

I don't know how helpful this is, but if you have accurate enough information on the teams, you could send it to SI themselves.

The head researcher for Africa is a guy called Blue Lou, and there's also Lukafanzer who contributes too.

Also, I found the entire squad for FC Renaissance, updated to March 2020. It's on their French language team page on wikipedia. My editor data  is accurate up to September 2019 (c. the start of the game) and a couple players have left (Yannick Tusilu and Zoumana Sidibe) and the manager too. I only found accurate DOBs for 8 of the players. Also, Jeremie Basilua plays for them but he's not set to them in the DB. My last resort to find the last DOBs (trust me, it was VERY difficult to find what I found) would be to message one of the half a dozen FB pages the club has.

Updates will continue to come.

Edit: I only posted the update publicly to show that I could. I'll send it across privately when I got more to show.

Josh's editor data - DR Congo.fmf

Edited by UnitedJoshdom

Any idea why I can't get the leagues to show up when setting up a game? 

I've moved the files to my editor data folder, and they are selected when selecting new career. But in the setup there are no options to select the new leagues?

4 hours ago, UnitedJoshdom said:

I have info on most of the teams in Congo, can I send it to you via DM? I can't edit players created by the DB so I can't do all the editing.

The editor is available via Steam if you need it. Should be no issue there.

That's not what I meant I am using the editor, it's just that if there's players that have been created within the editor data made by this forum, then I wouldn't be able to edit and send my edits of those players without sending the whole rest of the editor data as well, which is a pretty large file.

10 hours ago, UnitedJoshdom said:

That's not what I meant I am using the editor, it's just that if there's players that have been created within the editor data made by this forum, then I wouldn't be able to edit and send my edits of those players without sending the whole rest of the editor data as well, which is a pretty large file.

Ah of course, that makes sense. Merging files is a possibility, but is usually not advised.

2 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Ah of course, that makes sense. Merging files is a possibility, but is usually not advised.

I wish I knew more about merging. I'm assuming it would use the most recently added data if it receives 2 edits of the same player. I guess all I can do for now with those players is give over my data and have sporadic (or who else has access to the main file) edit it himself.

I've also talked to the chief editor at SI for Africa and gotten on board with him. I'll ask him about whether you guys could work with the official researchers for those countries to get the database legitimised and see what happens from there.

Edit: ...provided you aren't already. And they probably already know about you.

Edited by UnitedJoshdom

On 22/05/2020 at 18:55, UnitedJoshdom said:

I have info on most of the teams in Congo, can I send it to you via DM? I can't edit players created by the DB so I can't do all the editing.

Sure, that would be amazing to have whatever you have! 

7 hours ago, UnitedJoshdom said:

I'll ask him about whether you guys could work with the official researchers for those countries to get the database legitimised and see what happens from there.

I'm already doing some assistant researcher stuff, although at the moment I really do not have the free time to really get stuck in with it. Most of the edits in my database here would have to be checked carefully and more rigorously though. 

On 24/05/2020 at 12:43, Javier said:

Hi @sporadicsmiles, I don't know if you're using it already but just in case, FIFA has online a document with transfer window dates for every country around the world https://resources.fifa.com/image/upload/worldwide-registration-periods-calendar.pdf?cloudid=ftbw5tblhrai73pbizwh

Thanks. This is the one I have been using for transfers too. It is a super useful resource actually for any project where you add new leagues. 

Also if you can find the official rules of a league from the national FA, that is also wonderful for player registration rules, youth contract ages, etc. 

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, UnitedJoshdom said:

Hi all.

Updates changes to DR Congo. Squad selections for over half of the teams. over 2300 changes.

Hope this is good stuff.

Josh's editor data - DR Congo.fmf 47.25 kB · 3 downloads

Absolutely amazing, thank you. I will try to get this incorporated into my file this weekend if I can. Thanks so much for contributing! 

A few issues with the Congo side of the DB:

The Congolese Cup doesn't play in the first season. I'm not sure if it plays at all.

There are 2 teams called RC Kinshasa: One of them plays in Linafoot and the other plays in the lower leagues.
The one in the lower leagues has a higher reputation.

Only 1st place gets Champions League football. Only 2nd gets Confederation Cup.
IRL 1st and second get Champions League whereas 3rd and 4th get Confed.

There should only be 2 relegation places, not 3.

That's just stuff I can't fix myself. Stuff like stadiums and reputations I can fix myself.

Edit:

Just been checking through your editor files:
Because you've deleted the old league and created a new league, it means that when I start a save,
as I've made changes to the default league in my editor data, it means that the league is duplicated,
but only your new one plays. This messes up some things with the second tier and means there are
two tiers in Congo with equal reputation.

I'm gonna go into my FM editor and change it back myself, to stop that from happening.

Edited by UnitedJoshdom

Also, I just wanted to post this as it's become a problem in the DB: Don't delete a club in the DB and create a new one with the same name.
It really messes with the editing side of things.

On 06/06/2020 at 23:43, lo.simon said:

Yes but this file is ,i think, not real rules 

I will look into it. I have not had the time to sit and edit at all for the last few weeks, but I had added this to my future feature list and I will have a look the next time I get the chance. 

@UnitedJoshdom. I will take care of incorporating the player and league changes you have provided to the files I already have. If it means I have to manually go through to make sure everything is added that is fine, I had figured I would have to do that a little bit anyway. This is a perennial problem when combining different editor files. They never work quite the way you expect. My plan is to take your file and to completely add it into the two that already exist. I just have not had the time to get started on it yet.