Welsh Tier 2

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, CheaperLager said:

Yeah North or South either really. Who are you managing?

I manage Ammanford as I like Lee Trundle and Andy Robinson, I would say Corwen are a tough challenge as they only have a £500 a week wage budget. The most fun team to manage are Bangor City as they are packed with random foreign players!

9 hours ago, sammummery said:

I manage Ammanford as I like Lee Trundle and Andy Robinson, I would say Corwen are a tough challenge as they only have a £500 a week wage budget. The most fun team to manage are Bangor City as they are packed with random foreign players!

Yeah that sounds good, saw Ammanford play on Friday night on Welsh Tv, Trundle has still got it! He said on the radio yesterday that he'd like to play till hes 50, how many seasons are you in and is he still playing?

Mobile only. I dont speak Welsh or am even from Wales but not too far away. I did put subtitles on though which were English luckily! 😆 I just like the smaller leagues as I find them more fun. Did Northen Ireland before which is good as it has 3 divisions, but if you get successful you play virtually every 2 or 3 days as there are so many regional cups etc. Which requires 2 full teams so a big squad. How far into the save are you?

I only play mobile, I don't have time to play the full version, mobile is also a little more easy to dip in and out of. I like the smaller leagues as well. I prefer Wales to Northern Ireland only as I know the teams and players a bit more, I don't live in Wales but not far away in Gloucestershire. Whats interesting about the smaller leagues is the niche players you find like a 15 year old East Timorese player at Dungannon (Marito Marcal) or loads of young Nigerians playing in Ireland. 

I'm 2nd season in, if you need any player tips for the Welsh League (Only running three Welsh divisions then just let me know)

Likewise if you come across any good finds? 

Well I've chosen my team and am underway! I went for Pontypridd, major overhaul required but 42 year old striker Hayhurst keeps his place. A lot of very old players in Wales isn't there?! I had a 38 year old striker too. Pre-season I didn't score a single goal but 4 games into the season and I'm on 10 points so can't really complain. Opened French, English and Scottish leagues too, can get a lot of decent French based players for free and not massive wages either. 

20 hours ago, CheaperLager said:

Well I've chosen my team and am underway! I went for Pontypridd, major overhaul required but 42 year old striker Hayhurst keeps his place. A lot of very old players in Wales isn't there?! I had a 38 year old striker too. Pre-season I didn't score a single goal but 4 games into the season and I'm on 10 points so can't really complain. Opened French, English and Scottish leagues too, can get a lot of decent French based players for free and not massive wages either. 

Made any other good domestic signings? Noah Daley is good as is Sameron Dool

On 12/12/2019 at 13:22, CheaperLager said:

How are you getting on with Pontypridd? Still playing?

On 18/12/2019 at 19:28, sammummery said:

How are you getting on with Pontypridd? Still playing?

Yep just done my 1st season, don't get a lot of time as I have 3 very small children. Couldn't have gone much better though to be honest................

FM20 Mobile_2019-12-23-10-39-18.jpg

FM20 Mobile_2019-12-23-16-41-48.jpg

Playing with STM Sports, it's 2024 in game, and it's my 3rd season with them - first season I won the Cymru South (they were in Europe!), second I finished 2nd to TNS, and am just starting season 3, in the final qualifying round of the Conference League vs Celtic.

Jahmal Hector Ingram is an an absolute monster for me - scored over a goal a game in the Cymru Premier!

On 24/12/2019 at 18:28, Malicious Penguin said:

Playing with STM Sports, it's 2024 in game, and it's my 3rd season with them - first season I won the Cymru South (they were in Europe!), second I finished 2nd to TNS, and am just starting season 3, in the final qualifying round of the Conference League vs Celtic.

Jahmal Hector Ingram is an an absolute monster for me - scored over a goal a game in the Cymru Premier!

Sounds like a good career, I always find the performance of all my players drop the more the team achieve ie.. I start to sign better and better players and regens of top players but the team never score as many goals as they do in the first few seasons when the players where worse on paper.