Lennons 4-4-2

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

vor 2 Stunden schrieb andysafc:

I am currently using a revised version of the tactic, but just testing it now.

Some good football and good results so far.

If you will help me test it and give me your feedback, please?

LennonsFAV 1.2.fmf 43 kB · 7 downloads Lennons UNDERDOG 1.2.fmf 43 kB · 5 downloads

I've been mostly working with a 4-4-2 as well, but was frustrated with my wingers never passing/crossing but instead shooting at goal from every angle, no matter what I did. I decided to plug in your tactic and must say, switching the wing roles to WP really did it for me, at least for the first few games. However, I'm conceding way too many goals on the other side of the pitch now. Is there a particular reason you are operating with two BBMs in this iteration of the tactic (rather than having a more defensive DLP stabilize the defense)?

9 minutes ago, BarraBravaDCU said:

I've been mostly working with a 4-4-2 as well, but was frustrated with my wingers never passing/crossing but instead shooting at goal from every angle, no matter what I did. I decided to plug in your tactic and must say, switching the wing roles to WP really did it for me, at least for the first few games. However, I'm conceding way too many goals on the other side of the pitch now. Is there a particular reason you are operating with two BBMs in this iteration of the tactic (rather than having a more defensive DLP stabilize the defense)?

because i have 2 wide playmakers i did not want to use another playmaker. try using players at your disposal. My preferred 2 was going to be BBM with a BWM but i did not think the BWM was being effective. If you have a good BWM it may work better. 

vor 13 Minuten schrieb andysafc:

because i have 2 wide playmakers i did not want to use another playmaker. try using players at your disposal. My preferred 2 was going to be BBM with a BWM but i did not think the BWM was being effective. If you have a good BWM it may work better. 

I understand the logic behind that, but wonder how it translates to this year's game. So far I'm testing a 4-4-2 with WPs on the wing and one DLP, and I find that they never operate in the same space. May need a bunch more games though to know for sure what the overall impact is.

Thanks for the inspiration!

6 minutes ago, BarraBravaDCU said:

I understand the logic behind that, but wonder how it translates to this year's game. So far I'm testing a 4-4-2 with WPs on the wing and one DLP, and I find that they never operate in the same space. May need a bunch more games though to know for sure what the overall impact is.

Thanks for the inspiration!

You got that right... it is all about how it translates into this years game. We all have ideas how we want to set a team up and how it should work, but we are up against a match engine here and our ideas and theories do not always work. For example... i would prefer a different pairing for the 2 strikers and i have tried a TM, AF and a pocher but nothing works as good as 2 PF's, in my opinion.

1 hour ago, AlexTheTall said:

My question is more about training, I am unable to actually make my players learn any tactic fully... It seems they struggle with that point. What have you been doing to help you with that? 

Nothing!

i let my staff do the training 

in my experience, the players only learn the tactic fully with time passed. If you are regularly changing your tactic this will be a problem, but otherwise they should gain a good understanding 

Edited by andysafc

Works good for my Lyon team.

i use wingers with wrong foot as that works best for me. I have Almada on the left and ünder on the right. Haaland and gouri on top. 

onky thing I have changed is adding Guido mercy’s corner setup..

have anyone done any tweeks the feel works better? I use original by the way..

27 minutes ago, r.midt said:

Works good for my Lyon team.

i use wingers with wrong foot as that works best for me. I have Almada on the left and ünder on the right. Haaland and gouri on top. 

onky thing I have changed is adding Guido mercy’s corner setup..

have anyone done any tweeks the feel works better? I use original by the way..

I have not done anything with corners, can you upload a corner set up here please? 

Or providing instructions will help.

16 minutes ago, stanleycjames said:

does this still work with the new patch? and is it the fav or under dog tactics?

As far as I know mine automatically updates.

i only used the Fav version all season as we have been favourites in every game.

would be interested to know if it works as well with other teams.

Good question Alex, will this work with the lower leagues? 

‘I would guess it could as most wingers are your creative players, obviously though would be try to get a one with pace also.

i would be interested to see how you get on...

On 02/12/2019 at 06:58, andysafc said:

I am currently using a revised version of the tactic, but just testing it now.

Some good football and good results so far.

If you will help me test it and give me your feedback, please?

LennonsFAV 1.2.fmf 43.39 kB · 106 downloads Lennons UNDERDOG 1.2.fmf 43.38 kB · 81 downloads

I have used the LENNONS FAV since Monday, is that before or after the patch?

Anyway it worked quite good.

Complacency set in during the second half of the season because we were so far clear which led to several draws. But still a very impressive finish.

Will see how it goes in the CHAMPIONSHIP.

I tried this tactic with a better team (Antwerp) than in my LLM save - both games were away both times the home side were 5-4 favourites.  I used the underdog tactic and lost both.

I played a home game, i was huge favourite (4-5) so used the favs tactic, i won 1-0 thanks to a man of the match performance from my goalkeeper

Is this tactic something you can plug and play or does it need some tweaks in game?

Do you change anything when the AI goes Very Attacking

I am sure the problem is me but I could with some tips?

8 hours ago, boblardo said:

I tried this tactic with a better team (Antwerp) than in my LLM save - both games were away both times the home side were 5-4 favourites.  I used the underdog tactic and lost both.

I played a home game, i was huge favourite (4-5) so used the favs tactic, i won 1-0 thanks to a man of the match performance from my goalkeeper

Is this tactic something you can plug and play or does it need some tweaks in game?

Do you change anything when the AI goes Very Attacking

I am sure the problem is me but I could with some tips?

I don't see the opponents at 5/4 being enough to use underdog. I would use the Favorite in that case. Only use Underdog if you are playing one of the top teams.

All season i used the Favorite tactic and mostly i started with POSITIVE but sometimes would use ATTACKING (If we were expected to win easily) or BALANCED if i was winning and the opponents get a goal back. No big changes.

First game was a difficult away trip to newly relegated Sheffield Utd. They had 2 players, Cedric and Ashley Young who i tried to sign on free transfers but could not afford their wages.

They were the favorites, but as they were short favorites i decided to stick with my normal tactic (Favorite) , it appeared to work very good...

Untitled3.thumb.png.bd4867d8c42329d65b01a9d1bc8eed6d.png

Edited by andysafc

13 hours ago, andysafc said:

I don't see the opponents at 5/4 being enough to use underdog. I would use the Favorite in that case. Only use Underdog if you are playing one of the top teams.

All season i used the Favorite tactic and mostly i started with POSITIVE but sometimes would use ATTACKING (If we were expected to win easily) or BALANCED if i was winning and the opponents get a goal back. No big changes.

Thanks for the reply, so you dont make changes to the defensive line or line of engagement.  its literally just a mentality change when required? All the goals I concede are from the CB hit a long ball over the top of my defenders where the attacker runs onto the pass and scores.  so dropping the dline would be sensible?

For players on yellow cards, can you change them to ease of tackles where required or is it better to sub them?

Edited by boblardo

12 minutes ago, boblardo said:

Thanks for the reply, so you dont make changes to the defensive line or line of engagement.  its literally just a mentality change when required? All the goals I concede are from the CB hit a long ball over the top of my defenders where the attacker runs onto the pass and scores.  so dropping the dline would be sensible?

For players on yellow cards, can you change them to ease of tackles where required or is it better to sub them?

Try have defenders with pace.

ease off tackles or sub them are both options I use.

ease off if booked early in the game, sub if after half time.

15 hours ago, boblardo said:

Try have defenders with pace.

ease off tackles or sub them are both options I use.

ease off if booked early in the game, sub if after half time.

I am finding this version of FM a little harder. With FM19 I could get Sunderland promoted from Division One and the Championship with ease.

but if we put it in perspective.... I am expected to try and avoid relegation and yet I am in the top 6 after 10 games. 

‘Only used the Favourite tactic although we have been favourites, always close though, never an outright underdog. 

‘Changed between Positive and Balanced Mentality depending on the game. Most games we have had more chances, even the ones I lost.

quite happy overall.

10 hours ago, Bcfclee27 said:

Gonna try this tactic now with bath city.

Question re team talks - I hate them - what do people normally put as a rule when doing pre match and half time. does it effect it badly if you don't do them or get assistant to do them ?

I never do team talks

Premier here we come!

Players do make a difference. I brought in 2 strikers on loan worth £35m Brewster (Liverpool) and Bozenik (Arsenal) there is no way i could have bought players like that but they do make the difference.

I have no idea how i will manage in the Premier, i will have a lot more money though and have extended Brewster's loan for another year.

Untitled3.thumb.png.1126131bb18e363dd9c406ceca199dbb.png