[FM20] Canadian Megapatch

21 minutes ago, sh4kmur said:

Thank you so much for all the work you've put on this Canadian Megapatch project yellowsweatygorilla, it's the best.

Fmfan00: I'm going to try your latest CIS file edit. I've really wanted that, thanks for doing it.

Oh, and here, if anone wanted to add the North Star Shield:

20502998.png

Actually yellow put the base of the cis together.... I just added to it..

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Btw, I know many of you are using this patch with uncle sam's... has anyone found a workaround for not being able to start in 2020 when both databases are activated from the start?

All i can do is add the USA after the game has started to make it available in 2021.

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/05/2020 at 03:34, sh4kmur said:

Btw, I know many of you are using this patch with uncle sam's... has anyone found a workaround for not being able to start in 2020 when both databases are activated from the start?

All i can do is add the USA after the game has started to make it available in 2021.

That happens even without any mods loaded. I guess it's a bug in the SI engine itself, I have the same.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just had a general question... Since the USL and that only play like 18 games or so I was wondering if anyone playing CPL had any luck being able to loan their players out to england or anything to the england lower leagues?

• 3 weeks later...
On 27/05/2020 at 14:13, mzilikazi said:

Your file has been taken and put on steam:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2073861263&searchtext=

He did it with my work and other people's too.  He asks for money for his "collection"

Thanks for letting me know, discovered it during the time too and told him to take it down

On 17/05/2020 at 09:09, Number seven said:

Durham United has changed name to Pickering FC

Thanks, will update.

On 02/07/2020 at 18:33, Simspringer said:

Is there no longer a rule in the squad registration where U19 players do not count towards the overall squad number?

That was never a rule in real life. I decided to take it out for realism.

---

Will be updating the file soon with the Island Games format for 2020 (before reverting back to regular format for 2021)

I'm a coach in the OCAA, at St. Lawrence College (formerly Vikings now Surge). if there is anyway I can help provide date on players in the OCAA I'd love too. We have a hard time trying raise the profile of the college game and remind people that there are players in colleges across Canada who are more then good enough to compete in the U Sports teams but simply decided to go to college rather then University.

- Allan

11 hours ago, Canadamerlyn said:

I'm a coach in the OCAA, at St. Lawrence College (formerly Vikings now Surge). if there is anyway I can help provide date on players in the OCAA I'd love too. We have a hard time trying raise the profile of the college game and remind people that there are players in colleges across Canada who are more then good enough to compete in the U Sports teams but simply decided to go to college rather then University.

- Allan

Hello, you're certainly right that OCAA seems so unfairly sidelined considering the quality of play and how many successful pros have come out from that environment. I also work with Canucks Abroad, where a fellow volunteer had added in USPORTS players, will certainly suggest we add OCAA players if you can provide the data!

As for FM, tbh I am not sure i have time for such an extensive addition to the database. But will see what I can do if I had more free time.

Awesome work @yellowsweatygorilla. I have never played in Canada, despite trying out many obscure leagues over the year. Seeing your file has made me interested in trying this out. 

But I am a bit confused after reading all these comments. If I want to use Uncle Sam's USA Expansion 3.8 DB File with yours, I just have to use your main file, leaving out your continental and voyageurs cup file. What will be the problem if I do this?

Or I can use your continental file and voyageurs cup file, alongside all of Uncle Sam's file, but that will result in league dynamic reputation to stop working? 

6 hours ago, abirdc said:

Awesome work @yellowsweatygorilla. I have never played in Canada, despite trying out many obscure leagues over the year. Seeing your file has made me interested in trying this out. 

But I am a bit confused after reading all these comments. If I want to use Uncle Sam's USA Expansion 3.8 DB File with yours, I just have to use your main file, leaving out your continental and voyageurs cup file. What will be the problem if I do this?

Or I can use your continental file and voyageurs cup file, alongside all of Uncle Sam's file, but that will result in league dynamic reputation to stop working? 

1. If you're going to start a new save, you may (or may not) want to wait until the next iteration of the patch which should be out this week as soon as the new schedule is released. Though, that also depends on if you want 2020 to be the covid19 caused Island Games tournament (1.5 month tournament replaces the regular season).

2. The only 'problem' with not using my files is that the Voyageurs Cup (our FA Cup) will be stuck at the 2019 format. This format excludes Atletico Ottawa (though if I remember correctly it instead randomly draws 7 out of 8 CanPL teams so I suppose Ottawa might get randomly drawn).

3. Yes, dynamic reputation stops working. Also, I can't remember if Uncle Sam still releases files for other CONCACAF leagues, as it won't draw the correct teams from those league for North American League (2nd tier North American continental competition) as I have it set to drawing best teams from the respective countries.

Can you add dynamic participants for the Caribbean club shield?

for example,you can pick the best team from 8 random Caribbean nations that isn't participating the Caribbean championship,so that there will have variability.

14 hours ago, anitamui said:

Can you add dynamic participants for the Caribbean club shield?

for example,you can pick the best team from 8 random Caribbean nations that isn't participating the Caribbean championship,so that there will have variability.

I don't follow, just double checked and it seems like generally, at least 5-6 of the teams are different every year? Wary of setting random in case it draws lower quality teams.

Huge Update:

Aug 8 Update: 2020 Island Games format; Rumoured 2020 Canadian Championship format following Island Games
-CONCACAF continental competitions reflect postponements caused by COVID-19
-Modified schedule for PLSQ due to COVID-19
-Cancellation of 2020 League1 Ontario season
-2020 CanPL kits
-Headshots for CanPL, L1O, PLSQ players
-Roster updates

image.thumb.png.be99dd0627f8043324e5831b39bfc6c6.png

image.thumb.png.1d6ec29ad15dc57c534ca5f9831c0796.png

image.thumb.png.77d8a7db2414b330d78917c59afb43c6.png

8 小时前, yellowsweatygorilla说:

I don't follow, just double checked and it seems like generally, at least 5-6 of the teams are different every year? Wary of setting random in case it draws lower quality teams.

I have already DM'd you of my Caribbean shield edit you can check it out

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/08/2020 at 11:43, yellowsweatygorilla said:

Huge Update:

Aug 8 Update: 2020 Island Games format; Rumoured 2020 Canadian Championship format following Island Games
-CONCACAF continental competitions reflect postponements caused by COVID-19
-Modified schedule for PLSQ due to COVID-19
-Cancellation of 2020 League1 Ontario season
-2020 CanPL kits
-Headshots for CanPL, L1O, PLSQ players
-Roster updates

image.thumb.png.be99dd0627f8043324e5831b39bfc6c6.png

image.thumb.png.1d6ec29ad15dc57c534ca5f9831c0796.png

image.thumb.png.77d8a7db2414b330d78917c59afb43c6.png

Do you know if it would go back to the normal league format after the 2020 season?

So I faced a weird problem. I started with St. Albert Impact on Alberta league and won the league on 2019. As I was waiting for the 2020 season to start, I got a notification that Edmonton Scottish won the league. 

NZplAb0.png

Their league  win was not recorded in Alberta Major Soccer League page. However, this league win was shown on the page of the manager of Edmonton Scottish, as shown below:

fcyXmo6.png

I got a notification that the league fixture was released. However there was nothing shown on schedule, or the highlights in the home page. 

GBexUac.png

On 21/08/2020 at 08:16, abirdc said:

So I faced a weird problem. I started with St. Albert Impact on Alberta league and won the league on 2019. As I was waiting for the 2020 season to start, I got a notification that Edmonton Scottish won the league. 

NZplAb0.png

Their league  win was not recorded in Alberta Major Soccer League page. However, this league win was shown on the page of the manager of Edmonton Scottish, as shown below:

fcyXmo6.png

I got a notification that the league fixture was released. However there was nothing shown on schedule, or the highlights in the home page. 

GBexUac.png

This may have something to do with the competition page "add history" for when a stage completes, or the competition ranking perhaps

On 21/08/2020 at 11:16, abirdc said:

NZplAb0.png

fcyXmo6.png

GBexUac.png

Not going to lie, I mainly added AMSL simply for the Cavalry and Edmonton reserve teams, so did 0 testing for it. I will try to look into it.

20 hours ago, Fmfan00 said:

I was just wondering if this could be added for the next update...

https://twitter.com/UpperCanadaCup/status/1300199801531834368

Upper Canada Cup between Forge, York9 and Athletico Ottawa

Good idea. I will see if we can get that added for the official db too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/08/2020 at 10:35, yellowsweatygorilla said:

Hello, you're certainly right that OCAA seems so unfairly sidelined considering the quality of play and how many successful pros have come out from that environment. I also work with Canucks Abroad, where a fellow volunteer had added in USPORTS players, will certainly suggest we add OCAA players if you can provide the data!

As for FM, tbh I am not sure i have time for such an extensive addition to the database. But will see what I can do if I had more free time.

Sounds good, any help required at anytime im willing to help. on another note for the next update to the mega patch, Atletico Ottawa has signed a partnership deal with Ottawa South United. Essentially at the most basic level they share philosophies and Atletico Ottawa have been using OSU's training facilities while OSU staff have been invited to watch and learn from Atletico Ottawa sessions. They should probably be added as an affiliate in game. The PLSQ OSU side actually go by OSU Atletico now.

On 11/09/2020 at 12:59, Canadamerlyn said:

Sounds good, any help required at anytime im willing to help. on another note for the next update to the mega patch, Atletico Ottawa has signed a partnership deal with Ottawa South United. Essentially at the most basic level they share philosophies and Atletico Ottawa have been using OSU's training facilities while OSU staff have been invited to watch and learn from Atletico Ottawa sessions. They should probably be added as an affiliate in game. The PLSQ OSU side actually go by OSU Atletico now.

Thank you! will update

• 2 months later...

I cannot get this to work (any Canadian League for that matter).

When I upload the file and click on it when starting a new career, the option to pick a Canadian league is black and when I hover over the red triangle I get the following message:

"Require maximum of 8 teams for Canadian Premier League, found 9"

I have read that others have had this problem - is there a fix?

1800597029_CDNLeagueerror.thumb.PNG.1480e1822b5d51f29c736955190d0466.PNGThanks. 

Edited by Nuggett

On 29/11/2020 at 07:36, Nuggett said:

I cannot get this to work (any Canadian League for that matter).

When I upload the file and click on it when starting a new career, the option to pick a Canadian league is black and when I hover over the red triangle I get the following message:

"Require maximum of 8 teams for Canadian Premier League, found 9"

I have read that others have had this problem - is there a fix?

1800597029_CDNLeagueerror.thumb.PNG.1480e1822b5d51f29c736955190d0466.PNGThanks. 

A couple things, are you using any other fmf file - everyone that has brought this up to me so far has used an fmf file that was incompatible?

Also, where are you accessing my file - from steam or from my website?

People are writing about the Caribbean club competitions above but those aren't listed as features on the first post. Did you create those in this patch? Does the CFU club champion qualify for the CONCACAF CL; where you able to program that link? Could we play that path if we add any caribbean-located league mods?