Board Negotiations - Doubts

Hello everyone!

I have a few questions about interactions with the board in FM 2020. Hope some people who have already played a lot or someone from the staff can help me!

1) Season objectives negotiation

I understand that the negotiation of club vision and five year plan comes first, but the game points out that season expectations are to be "negotiated later". However, later never came to me. I was playing with a mid table third division team and, as an experienced player, I know "finish mid table" would normally be an objective that I would be able to negotiate with the board for a bigger budget. I also talked to a friend who just started his second season and this meeting never happened for him either. Is this kind of negotiation out of the game entirely?

2) Mid-season objectives negotiation

I have also noticed that despite being at first place with a 6 point advantage, while the expectations were to finish mid table, I was not offered the possibility to renegotiate my expectations with the board at the start of the mid season transfer window. This used to be standard procedure when performing above expectations. Is this also gone in FM 2020?

3) New contract negotiation

Finally, the board has reached to me renew my contract. In past games, I had the ability to make requests at this time, which were normally easier to be accepted due to them being interested in making me sign a new contract. In FM 2020, I saw no option to ask the board for anything during the negotiation of my new contract (such as transfer budget, training camp improvements, etc.).

I just wanted to make sure I'm not missing anything and all those possibilities of negotiating are actually out of the game. Btw I was playing with Magdeburg and financial health was "safe", so I'd expect at least the possibility to make some requests.

I'd really appreciate if someone could help me figure those points out!

Cheers!

I’m having the same problem with board requests during my contract renewal. I want to request changes to “club vision” but can’t see how to make the request.

At the bottom of the contract offer screen it says:

Agreed board request and underneath it says none. 

However I haven’t been given a chance to make the request!!!

Same. I've seen the same question posted here and the answer was that the button is in the same place as always but takes some times to appear. I have never seen it. Plaing on a MAc with and I've tried several different skins.

Baffled!

I'd love to hear from someone of the staff, if possible. I'm about to start my third season, and again, when the calendar is announced, all I get is a message of "review of the expectations for the season". Never had the chance to negotiate a single short term expectation. 

Is this actually supposed to be gone? Can someone please clarify?

I'd be really thankful!

• 1 month later...

So I think I have an answer. 
Iv just finished my third season as West Ham manager.

I won the FA cup and the premier league and was offered a meeting to discuss club visions. On this screen I was able to suggest changers to “club cultures” and “5 year plan” 

i have no idea if this was because of my success or my time spent at the club but either way I’m glad I have the option to make changes 

On 25/11/2019 at 10:20, pedrofial said:

Hello everyone!

I have a few questions about interactions with the board in FM 2020. Hope some people who have already played a lot or someone from the staff can help me!

1) Season objectives negotiation

I understand that the negotiation of club vision and five year plan comes first, but the game points out that season expectations are to be "negotiated later". However, later never came to me. I was playing with a mid table third division team and, as an experienced player, I know "finish mid table" would normally be an objective that I would be able to negotiate with the board for a bigger budget. I also talked to a friend who just started his second season and this meeting never happened for him either. Is this kind of negotiation out of the game entirely?

2) Mid-season objectives negotiation

I have also noticed that despite being at first place with a 6 point advantage, while the expectations were to finish mid table, I was not offered the possibility to renegotiate my expectations with the board at the start of the mid season transfer window. This used to be standard procedure when performing above expectations. Is this also gone in FM 2020?

3) New contract negotiation

Finally, the board has reached to me renew my contract. In past games, I had the ability to make requests at this time, which were normally easier to be accepted due to them being interested in making me sign a new contract. In FM 2020, I saw no option to ask the board for anything during the negotiation of my new contract (such as transfer budget, training camp improvements, etc.).

I just wanted to make sure I'm not missing anything and all those possibilities of negotiating are actually out of the game. Btw I was playing with Magdeburg and financial health was "safe", so I'd expect at least the possibility to make some requests.

I'd really appreciate if someone could help me figure those points out!

Cheers!

There doesn’t seem to be much scope to negotiate anything in this game.

I’ve given up asking the board for anything.

And it’s not just boards. Transfer offers see mostly to be non-negotiable as well.

Now regardless of realism (and I’m not sure it’s realistic for a board to refuse to add one coach when you’ve got a 100m transfer budget) surely negotiation is also just about fun. And that seems to be severely lacking in this game.

This is just not a fun game. It basically just feels like you’re being bossed around by a computer. 

19 minutes ago, Maldini's Heir said:

There doesn’t seem to be much scope to negotiate anything in this game.

I’ve given up asking the board for anything.

And it’s not just boards. Transfer offers see mostly to be non-negotiable as well.

Now regardless of realism (and I’m not sure it’s realistic for a board to refuse to add one coach when you’ve got a 100m transfer budget) surely negotiation is also just about fun. And that seems to be severely lacking in this game.

This is just not a fun game. It basically just feels like you’re being bossed around by a computer. 

I have had some success with my board(s). Usually an increase in staff numbers but I have had the most success with the Inter Miami board where I have been able to get facilities, junior coaching and affiliates. And that's just in the first season.

I haven't seen a mid season objective negotiation though and I couldn't make any requests when the board approached me to discuss a new contract. 

5 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

I haven't seen a mid season objective negotiation though and I couldn't make any requests when the board approached me to discuss a new contract. 

This just about sums up the mentality of this game.

This game is supposed to be about fun and fantasy. You’re pretending to be a football manager. 

And then it comes to negotiating a new contract and no dice. 

It’s just joyless.