Add depth to the Youth Facilities/Academy

janrzm

It’s always bothered me that the Youth facilities structure appears the same regardless club and the upgrade option is such a generic feature.

I realise we can influence some aspects with staff, HOYD for instance. However, surely we should be able to set up academies to reflect areas we consider important.

For example, Feyenoord where they put a strong onus on producing mentally resilient youngsters and where a particular focus is placed on the importance of teamwork from a young age.

Elsewhere, the focus may be on physicality, technique, Intelligence etc.

We really should have more options to control and direct these specifics. Give us the tools to create academies and facilities to produce specific kinds of players.

EDIT: Reading this just highlights how much we’re currently under exploiting this element of the game - https://mypersonalfootballcoach.com/inside-dinamo-zagreb-academy/

Edited by janrzm

• 6 months later...

yeah it would be great to be able to establish a culture like johan Cruyff does with barca, Or simeone with that defensive culture with Athletic Madrid

this will allow us to have players much more compatible with our tactics, for example Ruiqi Puig this youngster with the DNA of barça he knows the philosophy of his club

For example On FM21 I would very much like to base the development of young people on the physical aspect this is a very important aspect in my opinion because rather the player is physically ready me and the more he will have a chance to play matches with the team first

I would like the physical aspect to correspond to 1/3 of the training

• 3 weeks later...