[FM20] Maltese league file v2.0 [released on 23/02/2020]

As always, this turns out to be one of the best updates for FM every year so can't wait to test this one as well. It's been 4 FM releases since I won the CL with a Maltese side so might go for it soon again.

Mad props to you BurnCM4X, Mons and drinu for doing God's work all these years an hope it will continue for many years to come. These updates are always bug-free and on par with the official DB updates.

Amazing work! I noticed one thing though. Lots of derbies is put in the db, without the respective clubs being set as rivals or even fierce rivals. Doesn't really make sense, but it's just a minor detail. Again, great work!

On 30/11/2019 at 03:29, Svartica said:

Amazing work! I noticed one thing though. Lots of derbies is put in the db, without the respective clubs being set as rivals or even fierce rivals. Doesn't really make sense, but it's just a minor detail. Again, great work!

Interesting, I thought I'd captured them all but I'll keep it in mind for the future :thup:

Really impressive work. 

A couple of questions:

1) when I downloaded the equivalent database for an old version of FM it seemed like all the maltese clubs/leagues had had reputation boosts, players were increased CA across the board, etc. Is that the case in this version?

2) Since you do this  work every year, what's stopping you and the game makers from working together to get all this information into the actual game database, perhaps with Malta then becoming a playable league?

Thanks again for all of this.

22 hours ago, Kovacevic said:

Really impressive work. 

A couple of questions:

1) when I downloaded the equivalent database for an old version of FM it seemed like all the maltese clubs/leagues had had reputation boosts, players were increased CA across the board, etc. Is that the case in this version?

2) Since you do this  work every year, what's stopping you and the game makers from working together to get all this information into the actual game database, perhaps with Malta then becoming a playable league?

Thanks again for all of this.

1) I'm not sure where you get this impression from, definitely not the case as far as I'm aware.

2) As can be seen from my status, I'm already Maltese assistant researcher for the official data. That said, there is already a very robust presence of Maltese players in the database. The remaining players are mostly either ones who only play in official competitions for a couple of years or so, or ones which are at such a low level that there is very little purpose to adding them to the official database.

Besides, looking at it from SI's point of view, which is one I frankly concur with, there is very little financial benefit to adding the Maltese league as a playable one. It's not like the Maltese market is one which is so substantial that it will add a considerable amount of money to SI's coffers. Additionally, and that is something which can't really be captured within the restrictions of the pre-game editor, the amount of specificities required in terms of coding etc. to make it closer to real-life wouldn't be financially practical either. You'll just have to put up with my file for the time being, I'm afraid ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...