Reserve Team Management

Hi all, relating to this in a way.  I’ve selected in “Manager Options” my assistant (Rieziger) to manage the Second Team.  However, in General Info the manager is showing as blank and every player is unhappy/“nervous” because of it.  Any idea how to change/employ this please before my Ajax youth walkout!?

Edited by JD44

20 hours ago, JD44 said:

Hi all, relating to this in a way.  I’ve selected in “Manager Options” my assistant (Rieziger) to manage the Second Team.  However, in General Info the manager is showing as blank and every player is unhappy/“nervous” because of it.  Any idea how to change/employ this please before my Ajax youth walkout!?

Can you send you save to us so we can take a look at the issue.

You can upload the save here https://oc.sigames.com/owncloud/index.php/s/Kzvhd0MdU3v4Nv4

Please name the save so we know who sent it

• 3 months later...
On 26/11/2019 at 15:04, Marc Vaughan said:

At present you can't directly manage the reserve team, but hopefully the results and such will help with you determining which players are good prospects for the first team.

Hello mr Marc, i have some doubts on that because i put my reserve team on 20 stats, all players and they still lose games, seems like doesn't have any effect on that.. the team should win the game for like 5 or 6 or higher and don't happen

• SI Staff
47 minutes ago, Ricardo_Vieira said:

Hello mr Marc, i have some doubts on that because i put my reserve team on 20 stats, all players and they still lose games, seems like doesn't have any effect on that.. the team should win the game for like 5 or 6 or higher and don't happen

One of the things to remember with reserve matches is that only 'aspiring' players will tend to put full effort into them, if a player thinks he is 'above' such matches then he will save himself and try and avoid injury so won't play to his full impact ...

Younger players and more professional players will tend to try hard regardless, but others may only play at a fraction of their ability - this is true to real-life as I'm almost certain that Premiership managers encourage their star players to use such matches as rehab rather than a competitive match.

• SI Staff
7 hours ago, Ricardo_Vieira said:

Ok, i notice that the players can grow in a reserve team, but if this is a real life game, it not became real with this "issue".. if I want my reserve team to win something, this doesn't work. And if I want players to rehab I don't need reserve teams

They can very much win things, but you have to balance the people in there who will be motivated to actually play at that level - superstars aren't going to risk injury going in for 50-50 tackles in a reserve match.

I'll make sure QA do some testing to make sure this effect isn't over-done or affecting too many players, but you're the first person who has mentioned it to me.

I feel like if I am a soccer player and my coach sent me to reserve team and I have some good matches this will make me confident, but if the reserve team lost that matches I will not be happy, it's everything together and I will grow up better and faster, and yes more likely to youngsters than older players.

Thanks in advance for understand that.. :)

• 1 month later...
On 29/11/2019 at 08:33, Xilebo46 said:

Bonjour,

le championnat de mon équipe réserve n’existe pas. Comment faire pour ajouter un championnat à ma partie déjà bien avancé..? Merci de votre réponse 

Salut Xilebo46,

J'ai le même souci que toi, as tu trouvé la solution ?

Merci !

Asc.

On 10/03/2020 at 20:18, Marc Vaughan said:

They can very much win things, but you have to balance the people in there who will be motivated to actually play at that level - superstars aren't going to risk injury going in for 50-50 tackles in a reserve match.

I'll make sure QA do some testing to make sure this effect isn't over-done or affecting too many players, but you're the first person who has mentioned it to me.

In my game I have created a reserve ‘II’ team for RB Leipzig in my save.

Currently they are playing friendly matches, but is there a way to ensure they are entered into the German lower leagues in my save next season?

For example Bayern Munich’s II team play in the lower divisions..

• 2 years later...
On 26.11.2019 at 18:04, Marc Vaughan said:

At present you can't directly manage the reserve team, but hopefully the results and such will help with you determining which players are good prospects for the first team.

how can i do that? i really want this. isn't there anyway to manage reserve teams? 

There should be a 'Move to Reserves' option for each player. 

If it's not there you probably don't have enough space in your reserves. The cap is 50 players.

Promote or release one of the players from your reserves and you should be able to demote. 

Screenshot_2022-11-09-13-36-49-54_771543261040f582078018e6d22ad0ed.jpg