Fm 20 touch switch

Literally going to keep posting until we hear something. To just say late November... with it now being the 29th and to just leave the only console community you have hanging... not very positive. I literally brought my switch for fm 20

Any piece of info would be handy at least. It's not even on pre order on the switch store, Nintendo support can't or won't say anything... it's daft. Obviously demand is there for this version, at least address the switch community

2 hours ago, Shaunyg said:

Any piece of info would be handy at least. It's not even on pre order on the switch store, Nintendo support can't or won't say anything... it's daft. Obviously demand is there for this version, at least address the switch community

Guys - the fact that they are ignoring you completely and that the only reaction everyone here or on twitter get's is "we will be anouncing this very soon!" should be enough to let us know that something went wrong.

That they can't release late November is obvious... But that no one seems to be able or allowed to say anything about it makes me think that we shouldn't be expecting a release this year. If they knew a date they could just say "We will release mid December" or whatever, but since they are not doing it, they probably don't know If they can release at all. 

I was really looking forward to this game. But since we are left in the dark about it, I am already dissapointed before even putting my hands on FM20...too bad. 

They say Nintendo has a rather long and difficult submission progress por third party games. Perhaps they're waiting to release the game with the latest update that is coming sometime soon to the other versions as it will be difficult to keep the Switch one updated, at least with the same frequency.

Maybe, there are probably good reasons for the late release - but why not just communicate with the fans and tell them what is going on?

It just feels stupid to look forward to a game while the developers focus more on every other version and engage with everyone who is already playing but not with us who are waiting and just want an answer.

• SI Staff

Hi,

I don't believe we have confirmed anything that said that Switch will be released in late November. Anything that has stated this is simply untrue.

I can confirm that it's still being released for Switch, but as is always the case with FMT on Switch, we're confined to the requirements of Nintendo's submission processes, which we're currently in. Once that's passed, we'll release as soon as possible - apologies that we can't offer a concrete date yet.

We can't wait to release the game, and we appreciate that everyone is keen to see it and play it, but it's unfortunately out of our hands for now so a little patience is required from us all!

We'll hopefully be able to give you some concrete news soon.

Thank you for this clarification.

I can only speak for the German media, here they all consistently wrote that FMT will be released late November after the release for PC etc. Hence a lot of us took this as the official release date. 
If this was never the case and you never actually planned on releasing at this time, we have been waiting with the wrong impression I guess.

I am still hoping for a release soon but now we all have a little more information and personally I will just wait now and hope for the best. Some words on this matter was all I really needed.

Thanks again!

On 02/12/2019 at 11:03, Alistair Skewes said:

Hi,

I don't believe we have confirmed anything that said that Switch will be released in late November. Anything that has stated this is simply untrue.

Might want to look at your own PR before saying something is untrue...

To quote the exact section:

Football Manager 2020 (for PC, Mac and Stadia), Football Manager 2020 Touch (for PC, Mac, iOS and Android) and Football Manager 2020 Mobile (for iOS and Android) will all be released simultaneously in early November (exact date TBC). Football Manager 2020 Touch for Nintendo Switch will follow in late November.

I get that there are processes that you may not be in control of and that dates change but that's a date SI have given us. Bit weird to say it's untrue.

Edited by FloresMason