Training Calendar

I am keen to take control of training myself as I feel this could help my young squad develop further than if my ass man does it (is there much difference?). There's so many preset schedules to choose from and potential options for each session that I'm a bit lost. Does anyone have a reccuring calendar or set of schedules they have found works really well?

10 hours ago, FulhamFc14 said:

I am keen to take control of training myself as I feel this could help my young squad develop further than if my ass man does it (is there much difference?). There's so many preset schedules to choose from and potential options for each session that I'm a bit lost. Does anyone have a reccuring calendar or set of schedules they have found works really well?

I manage all team training myself and usually just update when you get the email showing the planned routines for the next 2 weeks.

Don't like the idea of using recurring schedules because of changes in schedule for rearranged fixtures or cup games.

So I usually plan things out for (at most) the next month, then wait until the next email to show me that I haven't planned training yet.

As far as schedules that really work well:

1) It depends on what kind of football you're playing.

2) It depends on what kind of attributes you're looking to improve most.

As an example, I generally find that something like this does well for me:

Monday - Physical (general), Defending (general)

Tuesday - Aerial defending, Ground Defending, Ball Distribution

Wednesday - Transition Press, Chance Creation, Chance Conversion

Thursday - Defending Engaged, Attacking Direct, Set Piece Delivery

Friday - Tactical (general), Teamwork, Match Preview

Saturday - Matchday

Sunday - Recovery, Rest, Goalkeepers (general)

That is obviously designed for my playing style (direct counter attacking) and for a full week.

For a possession style, you'll want Attacking Patient instead of Direct, more focus on Ball Retention and Playing From the Back, etc.

And in a short week where you have multiple games, you might have to just run more general sessions.

For example, when I have a game on Saturday and then on Tuesday:

Saturday - Matchday

Sunday - Recovery, Rest, Goalkeepers (general)

Monday - Outfield (general), Teamwork, Match Preview

Tuesday - Matchday

Wednesday - Recovery, Rest, Rest

But it's all about designing something that makes sense for your style and your squad.

Good luck! :)

Edited by rockpie