FM20: Liverpool - Champions of Europe

Siven

9 hours ago, salkster2102 said:

May just be me if I'm overworking him but would be interested to know if others have this issue. I'll try and play some more over the new few days and let you know before the 24th.

You realise 24th is when the final version is actually out? Datalock will be very soon I suspect

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Coming up to the half-way point of the first season. Been impressed with the improvements and added features they have made to the game. Especially the match engine.

As far as the team goes, I have adopted, unsurprisingly, a 4 3 3 formation with an attacking fluid style. First 10 games I have won 7, drawn 2 and lost 1.  I struggled with goals first of all but the adjustments to the tactics have seen the goals per game increase, even with the loss of Salah for a couple of months.  Defensively the team is strong, only conceding 6 goals.

VVD, Gomez and Matip are reliable and strong defenders. Edwards signed Papetti for less than £2m compensation and he seems a huge prospect. I also grabbed Garcia from Man City on loan for cover.  I have Trent and Robbo as WB s and have used cross from deep to try and get them to cross early.  One of the frustrations with the match engine is the lack is a lot of cross attempts are blocked. Maybe something they may fix. Tsimikas has been good so far, covering for Robbo when injured. 4 assists in 9 games.

I have the defensive MF set to BWM su and usually use Fabinho or switch in Henderson if needed. I then have a BBM su, who is either Henderson or Keita and a MEZ su which is either Thiago or Gini. Im still trying to see how I can get Jones to work well in midfield. 

The front three needs no introduction but I have Bobby as a DLF su and Mane/Salah is IF att, one sitting narrower and the other (Salah) wider.  Seems to work so far. Jota and Minamino drop in as needed and seem to perform well. Origi has been v good so far, particularly when used in the Caribou cup and CL scoring 8 in 13 in all competitions.

Other players, Milner is Mr Reliable, having played on both full back roles, especially RB and as a BBM. Shaq, back from injury, played his first game and performed well.

Coming up to January, the board have just given me £74m to spend.  Question is, who and where to spend it?

14 hours ago, salkster2102 said:

May just be me if I'm overworking him but would be interested to know if others have this issue. I'll try and play some more over the new few days and let you know before the 24th.

For the first season Trent averaged 73 mins for 90 for me.

by comparison Robertson was 80 per 90.

1 minute ago, diddydaddydoddy said:

Robbo's Natural Fitness, Strength, Stamina are better than TAA

That’ll be why then :thup:

plus I might have subbed him off more for some sub par performances

It wasn’t noticeable though - the front 3 were the guys who were tired after 65-70 mins mostly due to pressing from the front.

Edited by Fritz13

Started pre season a few times before my full game save.

I've only bought a few youngsters, as no one has money to buy the few players i'd like to sell. 

Gonna have to wait till Jan or end of first season to buy/sell first teamers.

Edited by Siven

9 hours ago, Siven said:

Started pre season a few times before my full game save.

I've only bought a few youngsters, as no one has money to buy the few players i'd like to sell. 

Gonna have to wait till Jan or end of first season to buy/sell first teamers.

Thought that as well. it tough to sell due to clubs having little cash. i'm just doing the same, few starts to test who can be sold so i can try to find a decent combination to raise funds. i'd normally turn the window off for the start but think i need to get a CB in this time around or it will be too difficult to go with just 3. 

dont think you could rely on having Philips, williams or Koumentio as back up in the game. it will all depend on whether VVD and Joe are injured from the start on the full release

@diddydaddydoddy Played again last night and was fine with Trent. Though I'm not a fan of the new conditioning system. Is it possible to select which side of a midfield 2/3 or which side of centre backs a player prefers to play as? Wondered if it was possible for VVD to prefer the left side of 2 centre halves and for hendo to be either the holding midfielder or on the right of a 3?

34 minutes ago, salkster2102 said:

@diddydaddydoddy Played again last night and was fine with Trent. Though I'm not a fan of the new conditioning system. Is it possible to select which side of a midfield 2/3 or which side of centre backs a player prefers to play as? Wondered if it was possible for VVD to prefer the left side of 2 centre halves and for hendo to be either the holding midfielder or on the right of a 3?

VVD is changed in the latest DB update for final release - he plays on the left of two but that's more out of need than preference. Tbh Hendo isn't and won't be.

@diddydaddydoddy

Got some feedback on the things we have been discussing previously on the FM21 beta:

Keita: I got some really good preformances out of him as a Box to Box midfielder: 10goals/6assists in 16+15 appearances. 

Mane: As we talked about, IF(a) vs IW(a) . My clear impression was that IF(a) was the best (half season: 7g/3a) , but turns out that Mane did preform better as IW(a) 11g/3a . And he was even injured during the second part of the season where I tested him as IW.

Trent & Robbo: working really good as WB (a) and (s) both ending 10+ assists and a few goals each.

Thiago: AP(a), he ended on 13 assists and a really great preformer.

Let me know if you are curious about any of the other players!

I had a totally horrible period in march and april. Winning 3 matches, drawing 6 and losing 2 (decided to be Klopp about it and stick with my principles and only tweak minor things). Got a cross the finish line and won the league undefeated for the first time since I can remember. Went out in the first knock out round of the CL due to the horrible period in march.  All of a sudden Firmino stopped scoring, Mane and Salah injured.

@Rangieboy To get Liverpool as realistic as poss, I do lots of soak tests with the Liverpool data but it's also just as important to watch the matches to see how the team/players actually play (ie does TAA attempt a lot of crosses and what type of crosses). I get a lot of posts querying/demanding I change players attributes but not many people see how the players perform in the game itself first. PLUS I want to make sure my tactics are as realistic as possible too for my own enjoyment. For instance, Mane is always a slow starter for me - I change from IF to IW, support to attack - so its good to hear how others get on and use him.. So I appreciate your post above,

@diddydaddydoddy Same here. I love the challenge of replicating the real life club, being a life long supporter. I usually do an analysis of the season up to the point of the release of the game. Having a look at formations, how the team plays, attacks, defends, where the goals come from, positioning, movement, defensive lines and so on, home and away. I tend to work the same way with transfers too, buying and selling, to get the full feel. Finished that this morning, so ready for a new save on the 24th! 

I too spend a lot of time watching the matches to get it as close to the real deal as I can. So the full release is always a happy moment for me.

With regard to people asking for player attribute changes and so on, I can only say I agree with you. It is as much up to what you see in game. Take Thiago for one in the beta. Looking at his player card I felt a few of his attributes should have had an upgrade, but it turns out he  still preformed very well in the end ingame for me :) 

I hope somebody with the time and skills will set up a FM21 thread soon so we can discuss the new saves in there!