FM20 - Arsenal: Time For Artekkers Tiki Taka Tactics?

SteveUK

I play Auba as a Left inside-forward. He's a yellow in that position but it doesn't seem to matter. Saka is Orange at Left Back in FM20 but plays his best football (and scores the most goals) from that position. 

A huge plus playing Arsenal in FM21 is that for the first time in years there's no need to rush out and buy a good defensive midfielder now we've got Partey. I wonder whether bringing Ozil back into the squad will give his reputation enough of a boost to offload him for a nominal fee in January. 

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 22/10/2020 at 15:35, CalumF said:

It will be interesting if you keep Ozil out of squad and with no playing time, will it disrupt the players and make them unhappy with the way he's been treated. Will his attributes be drastically reduced? 

I was just thinking about Ozil in FM2021.  I wonder if they've hard-wired the situation like they did with Sanchez back in the day so no amount of begging would get him to stay. Ozil is different and it will be possible to play him I would have thought which means you might be able to offload him for a nominal fee before the transfer window or in January.  He should be fairly useful even if he stays until the end of the season. 

• 2 weeks later...

Arsenal FM 2021

Pleased with my dealings so far. 

Sold Sokratis for £8.75m, Cedric for £20. Yes, I know. Ozil off to Napoli or Lazio for £5m with us paying £175k per week for the season. I did try to play him but he was making so little effort and also in training that I got rid of him. 

Brought in;  Djibril Sidibe (L/R Full back) £12m, Houssem Aouar £15m up front rising to £40m and taken a punt on a few promising youngsters, Martin Palumbo MC/AMC (£5m Udinese), Thomas Poll DL (£5.5m FC Groningen) & Thijme Verheijen ST (£4,5m VVV-Venlo). Somehow still got £4.5m left so might go on the hunt for a promising young GK. 

Partey, Gabriel, Pepe, Sidibe and Aouar all standout performers pre-season.   

Only signing i made was Wilshere on a free, for nostalgias sake :D 

Lacazette, Luiz and Ozil all asked to leave for CL football, however only Laca was happy with me speaking to him so dropped it.

Luiz and Sokratis sold, Mustafi, ESR and Balogun loaned out

Didnt wanna go crazy with transfers early on as no money, which has just been fixed by the board giving me a cash injection at the start of December

5 hours ago, Nonlondoner said:

Arsenal FM 2021

Pleased with my dealings so far. 

Sold Sokratis for £8.75m, Cedric for £20. Yes, I know. Ozil off to Napoli or Lazio for £5m with us paying £175k per week for the season. I did try to play him but he was making so little effort and also in training that I got rid of him. 

Brought in;  Djibril Sidibe (L/R Full back) £12m, Houssem Aouar £15m up front rising to £40m and taken a punt on a few promising youngsters, Martin Palumbo MC/AMC (£5m Udinese), Thomas Poll DL (£5.5m FC Groningen) & Thijme Verheijen ST (£4,5m VVV-Venlo). Somehow still got £4.5m left so might go on the hunt for a promising young GK. 

Partey, Gabriel, Pepe, Sidibe and Aouar all standout performers pre-season.   

Did well selling Cedric for £20mil, did you list him or just receive a bid in and who bought him.

See Ozil being an issue in this game.

17 minutes ago, Garygooner666 said:

Did well selling Cedric for £20mil, did you list him or just receive a bid in and who bought him.

See Ozil being an issue in this game.

Think it was just £20.00 :lol:

Did the Beta drop today?

4 hours ago, Carmi88 said:

Only signing i made was Wilshere on a free, for nostalgias sake :D 

Lacazette, Luiz and Ozil all asked to leave for CL football, however only Laca was happy with me speaking to him so dropped it.

Luiz and Sokratis sold, Mustafi, ESR and Balogun loaned out

Didnt wanna go crazy with transfers early on as no money, which has just been fixed by the board giving me a cash injection at the start of December

How much cash did you get in december? I am only in september currently but trying to sort plans

Made my yearly Beta save with Arsenal yesterday. Having lots of fun. Hoping someone will start a FM 21 thread for Arsenal, instead of us reusing this one. I don't have the time to make anything fancy, so if anyone's up for it – go ahead.

Managed to offload mustafi & sokratis for cheap, cedric for about £19m.

Jan got £50m bought Lemar for £19m, Eric Garcia for £25m and Donna the Milan GK for £45m. 

Tried to use Ozil but he was useless then moaned about returning to Germany (no one was interested in buying him).

Going well second in the table 3 points behind Liverpool in March.

I think his stats are pretty fair, yes he's a good player but he's not Haaland or Mbappe level by a long way. Plus no doubt his potential is really high so will of course improve a lot just by playing regularly.

My only majkor injury so far was Callum Chambers having a set back in his recovery, first training session back he reinjured himself and has been out for a further 8 months :( 

My top scorers as i work my way through March are

Lacazette (12)

Nelson (10)

Aubameyang (9)

Saka and Nelson both on 5 assists, Tierney, Ozil and Lacazette on 4 

il y a 54 minutes, SortitoutsiVP a dit :

I think his stats are pretty fair, yes he's a good player but he's not Haaland or Mbappe level by a long way. Plus no doubt his potential is really high so will of course improve a lot just by playing regularly.

My only problem is that his stats are not better than last year, when he didnt have a lot of game experience

His potential might be really high though

Willian stats are ridiculous though, i mean wow he cant even dribble IRL

Overperformed in first season, should actually have won the league but bottled it on the final day. Had agreed a deal of £40 million for Aouar however work permit denied so cancelled it

2 points behind Man Utd, and level on points with Liverpool.  Man utd at home to Burnley, Liverpool away to Man City and i was away to Southampton. City smashed Liverpool, Man Utd drew a blank against Burnley, and i followed suit with a 0-0 against Southampton :mad: I messed up my team meeting before it which did't help. Technically threw it away twice, lost my only home game of the season to West Ham in my 4th last game

Season finished brilliantly defeating Spurs in the Europa League final, 2-1 and they had finished 11th so losing that would have put me into meltdown

930C32DF264FC4080B04F6883B3E49D5535622AD

85968A0A7C25BE715DFB4D55C34F025B7C7E161D

7B387FA6BAE38FFF8EC41D221C1446B33D0E655F

5 minutes ago, Carmi88 said:

Overperformed in first season, should actually have won the league but bottled it on the final day. Had agreed a deal of £40 million for Aouar however work permit denied so cancelled it

2 points behind Man Utd, and level on points with Liverpool.  Man utd at home to Burnley, Liverpool away to Man City and i was away to Southampton. City smashed Liverpool, Man Utd drew a blank against Burnley, and i followed suit with a 0-0 against Southampton :mad: I messed up my team meeting before it which did't help. Technically threw it away twice, lost my only home game of the season to West Ham in my 4th last game

Season finished brilliantly defeating Spurs in the Europa League final, 2-1 and they had finished 11th so losing that would have put me into meltdown

930C32DF264FC4080B04F6883B3E49D5535622AD

85968A0A7C25BE715DFB4D55C34F025B7C7E161D

7B387FA6BAE38FFF8EC41D221C1446B33D0E655F

Well done on rattling through a season that quickly! You musn't have had much sleep!

4 minutes ago, BrickCommo23 said:

Well done on rattling through a season that quickly! You musn't have had much sleep!

I've booked the week off work, and it was pure coincidence that these lined up :D  

The end of season screens are brilliant btw :thup: plenty of info with great graphics unlike last few years with boring news items

I don't know why but I am trying something a little different (at least with the beta) on FM21:

1) I usually go smashing straight in with transfers and trying to make changes immediately but this time I have turned off transfers in the first window - just my view but with Covid it seems unlikely Arsenal would be spending any more money than we did IRL
2) Going to try and turn Partey into some sort of Vieira type and push him quite high up the pitch - either as a B2B or a Segundo Volante (although his suitability as SV is quite poor for reasons I can't quite figure out)
3) Linked to the above - planning to try and play Xhaka as a Half Back/Anchor Man
4) Trying to come up with a style of play which is a sort of 433/451 out of possession but morphs into a 235 with the ball. The further tweak is to feature Tierney as IWB with a Winger ahead and then Bellerin overlapping a IW or IF on the right - the reason being to try and create different angles of attack
5) Play Auba through the middle as a poacher or AF and he will just rotate with Lacazette

That's the plan, anyway

Second seasons off to a great start, 3 wins from 3 in the league, beat Real Madrid in the euro supercup, and Nicolas Pepe has gone crazy and scored 3 hattricks already against Madrid, Sheffield United and Burnley, a further goal against Wolves

Transfers In: Gabriel Jesus £26.5m, Loftus Cheek £12.75m, Brais Mendez £6.25, Chilwell £18.75

Transfers Out: Chambers £9m, Guendouzi £20m, Willian £15m, Mavropanos £15m, Cedric £8.5m

Loans Out: Martinelli, ESR, Xhaka, Ballard, Ballogun, Nketiah, Lopez

See how we do after the next run of games which are Norwich, City, Liverpool, Leicester and Spurs

1 hour ago, Carmi88 said:

Second seasons off to a great start, 3 wins from 3 in the league, beat Real Madrid in the euro supercup, and Nicolas Pepe has gone crazy and scored 3 hattricks already against Madrid, Sheffield United and Burnley, a further goal against Wolves

Transfers In: Gabriel Jesus £26.5m, Loftus Cheek £12.75m, Brais Mendez £6.25, Chilwell £18.75

Transfers Out: Chambers £9m, Guendouzi £20m, Willian £15m, Mavropanos £15m, Cedric £8.5m

Loans Out: Martinelli, ESR, Xhaka, Ballard, Ballogun, Nketiah, Lopez

See how we do after the next run of games which are Norwich, City, Liverpool, Leicester and Spurs

How have you been setting up the team? Sounds like you are getting a lot out of them