FM20 - Arsenal: Time For Artekkers Tiki Taka Tactics?

SteveUK

21 hours ago, SortitoutsiVP said:

SEASON 3 AUGUST

Firstly transfer news, I decided to move on more players than I originally intended. Jota was only sold after he requested to go after me not increasing the number of coaches (still can't remember him asking ffs), the rest was just me wanting to get the long term squad together as quick as possible. The deal for Sancho only came about due to Jota leaving and me thinking I need to give the fans something to show I'm not simply trying to make the club money. Before that I did my usual style and looked for players I've not signed before, both Pinamonti and Szoboszlai look great prospects and have settled in well already.

We've started the league season brilliantly with no goals conceded and a superb result away to Man City, lets see how long that lasts... We've a favourable draw in the champions league and a group we really should be topping.

zsoI7Lm.png

qh4lF8x.jpg

NYW8PCU.jpg

y6XGeP6.jpg

KGK6uks.png

IMY7Fff.png

I tried to get Sancho after reading how he and Reiss grew up together and where mates unfortunatly he'd already gone to Man Utd

Edited by arsenalthebest

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This has never happened to me. Meet Guy Morgan, a young English regen - promising but not amazing:

20200303174448_1.thumb.jpg.07539b8e650459484e18d715d8f46a67.jpg

Huddersfield, currently 17th in the Premier League on January transfer deadline day - seem to think he is going to save their season. When Per accepted on my behalf I jumped up - until I noticed the extra ,000

20200303174459_1.thumb.jpg.66a64bc55551a59cb9d957b1bf9dc133.jpg

16 hours ago, BrickCommo23 said:

This has never happened to me. Meet Guy Morgan, a young English regen - promising but not amazing:

20200303174448_1.thumb.jpg.07539b8e650459484e18d715d8f46a67.jpg

Huddersfield, currently 17th in the Premier League on January transfer deadline day - seem to think he is going to save their season. When Per accepted on my behalf I jumped up - until I noticed the extra ,000

20200303174459_1.thumb.jpg.66a64bc55551a59cb9d957b1bf9dc133.jpg

Update: The idiot turned down their contract offer. I spoke too soon!

hi everyone 

ı started arsenal save trying to get gunners back to top.its going well for now ım on top of the league with goal diffrence after33 games(liverpool same points and really challenging)ı bought tonali ın january thats all.My main target is Milan skriniar for strengthen defence.My main target is get back the character players like henry vieira to built arsenal back and next year a 442 ı hope.while ı was writing these liverpool dropped points and city goes up but we have 2 games at handimage.thumb.png.2a695bfb4874475e83b9392ef104a289.pngimage.thumb.png.e5ea0a4f48e43f8446321cf5632b86c9.png

4 hours ago, dido53 said:

hi everyone 

ı started arsenal save trying to get gunners back to top.its going well for now ım on top of the league with goal diffrence after33 games(liverpool same points and really challenging)ı bought tonali ın january thats all.My main target is Milan skriniar for strengthen defence.My main target is get back the character players like henry vieira to built arsenal back and next year a 442 ı hope.while ı was writing these liverpool dropped points and city goes up but we have 2 games at handimage.thumb.png.2a695bfb4874475e83b9392ef104a289.pngimage.thumb.png.e5ea0a4f48e43f8446321cf5632b86c9.png

Did you win the league?

1 dakika önce, dcaine100 said:

Did you win the league?

Yes i dıd win the last three against watford is the key one and won that after they were down to ten man.i bought skriniar and savic for most of my budget but sent el nenny mkhitaryan Chambers and have a budget again

SEASON 3 SEPTEMBER TO JANUARY

(Played A Few Months Due To Me Having No Internet For A Couple Of Days)

Going well so far this season, second in the league, through our champions league group as winners and into the Carabao cup final. Our main strength is our defence, just 12 conceded after 25 games. We've been fairly strong at the back every season to be fair with Leno keeping a total of 90 clean sheets in 128 matches, I've not seen defensive stats like that for years! 

I made two signings during the January window, Phil Foden signed for £52m from Man City in a deal I just had to make as soon as he became interested. I also agreed a deal of £37m for Norwich's Max Aarons, though to try to help them stay in the league (currently bottom) I set the deal to be completed at the end of the season. This will almost certainly mean that Ricardo Pereira will be sold in the the summer.

XPCqXE9.png

rzZk3Pb.png

tz2PQoU.png

KHGPN61.png

wkuAiYB.png

J0pcbVU.png

WB2hCW2.png

RcWQBBK.png

3 minutes ago, Aizo4576 said:

Very tempted to carry on my Arsenal save or even start a new one, didn't give youth enough chance. What are people using in terms of tactics?

I'm quite enjoying building a young side as you know it'll only get better as they improve.

I'm using a 4-4-1-1 that I made and am very pleased with it. Get the odd dodgy result but I think every tactic does.

Finished the 2020-2021 season, my first full campaign in charge of the gunners. We employed a deep 4-2-3-1 formation, with a double pivot of Segundo Volante's flanked by a winger and inverted winger. Ahead of them were deployed a Treqaurtista and pressing forward. This tactic served us well, as we finished runners up to a rampant Liverpool side and managed to leapfrog Manchester City into 2nd on the final day. Despite being on the 5th highest scorers in the league, we were 3rd best defensively in the league only conceding more than the big two of Liverpool and Manchester City. The cup competitions ended only short of the final as we lost to both Manchester clubs in the semi-finals of the Europa League and FA Cup. By the slimmest of margins of a Bernado Silva free kick and headed way goal from a tight two legged affair in Europe. However, we qualified for the Champions League by virtue of league position which is a great platform to build upon.

1570553263_competitions2021finalised.thumb.PNG.1f3ac6ef1c40efab6a2730530076ae83.PNG

During the January window, I decided to allow Raul Sanlleli one final hurrah as director of football and he negotiated a record signing of Angel Correa from Althletico Madrid for up to £83m! Considering both our record signings are right wingers who play similar roles, this encouraged me to bring in Tomas Rosicky as his replacement as DoF to re-establish an Arsenal identity to the backroom. 

We were also delivered the following Brexit - which is think amounts to a reasonable soft-exit terms with a 17 player foreign limit. Not really sure how this will work moving forward, but probably best to keep an eye on the home grown quota. 

2045613246_brexitregs.thumb.PNG.c9dfb8993621067156f18c6c67b4a93e.PNG

Ozil was by far the standout player of the season, as we revolved our team around him. He registered 9 goals and 13 assists in the league, enabling him to score high in the divisions best creative talents. Aubameyang and Lacazette were rotated quite heavily between each other and both were shy of the 20 goals a season mark in all competitions. Pepe also chipped in with 14 goals, with Saka providing a more creative presence on the left wing with superior assists. The dual Segonda Volante's were our established platform which our tactic was based, with Torreira and Guendouzi both notching up over 40 appearances over the season. They both grew into the role with Guendouzi having a late flurry of goals at the close of the season, as we ground out late 1-0 wins. 

1258806075_Awards2021.thumb.PNG.fd217f8e51bc308aee7a50ae0e87b857.PNG

As we analyse our season statiscally, the following can be observed:

Ozil is by far our most creative influence, with 37 chances created and 74 chances created in the league which is quite a distance higher than any other attacking players. It is also not top tier in terms of creativity in Europes top 5 leagues, with Ozil failing to register the numbers anywhere near the numbers expected of  a world-class number 10. He is still influential at 32, but is it worth moving on from him? Reiss Nelsen also provided a lot of output despite never really being given a run in the team.  

1332257071_arsenalchancecreators.thumb.PNG.ab826e662f44c2a21d30843fa5291ebd.PNG

1209874635_top5leagueschancecreators.thumb.PNG.95f1ee5b483e493e6ebbcf938df988cb.PNG

Our two star forwards have performed well in their rotational roles, with the only noticeable differences being Lacazette's shots per 90 being (1.50) being inferior to Aubameyang (2.89). Also Aubameyang's surprising stat of 4.10 headers won per 90 is indicative of an aerial presence not usually associated with him. This is quite surprising as I was going to dip into the transfer market for a more complete forward with a goal threat from set plays in the window. 

Defensively, there we no real surprises. All our back line had established seasons without major injury and as a result we were solid defensively. Despite deploying Bellerin and Tierney as rather conservative full backs, with no specific duties to overlap they still chipped in with a few assists and crosses. Tierney won the most percentage of his tackles in European top 5 leagues for left backs (with over 30 appearances). 

1669125174_arsenaldefensivestatsDF.thumb.PNG.c7ccbe01cffb5b63dbf601125a95ce07.PNG

As a season summary, I set the below targets to ensure a certain longevity to the save. 

• Sign at least 1 player from each affiliated club each season
    • We contributed over £19.5m of signings from affliates Bristol City and Nancy AS. 
  • Sign only 1 newgen per window to avoid over cluttering the team with south american wonderkids
    • A french regen called Mohammad Zidane was signed in January. 
  • Keep a small squad
    • We used a total of 29 players in the league this season, with 7 players with over 40 starts. 
  • Have one ever present outfield player in the league. 
    • Failed. Nathan Ake and Ozil both managed a maxium of 36 starts and 1 sub appearance each. 

Moving into next season, we will look to see how Rosicky fairs negotiating deals for a number of players I will identify. During the season we were short of a back up left-back and left-winger, so we will scour the market for any moneyball-esque backups as. We will also be looking for a target man, to come on and provide an aerial presence at set plays. This will most likely to be a veteran forward. Outgoings, both Juventus and Real Madrid are sniffing around Aubameyang and Lacazette. Torreira has also been identified as a target for Bayern Munich. There are also question marks about the futures of Chambers, Smith-Rowe and Willock who all failed to really establish a role in the team. N'ketiah also struggled on loan first at Sporting CP and Leicester City. 

Targets for this summer window include: 

• Veteran target-man (or replacement world class forwards for either Aubameyang or Lacazette)
    • We are looking at Piatik or  Patrik Schick (who registered 22 goals with a headers won per 90 of 3.29), Ajorgue , with 14 goals in Ligue 1 or  Weghorst with 18 goals in Bundesliga. 
  • Back-up left back or world class left-winger if I decide to retrain Saka as a wing back. 
  • An aggressive destroyer type segunda volante in the Torreira mold, if we recieve an offer we cannot turn down. 
    • Contemplating a deal for Emre Can if Torreira leaves, if not deals could be structured for Ndidi or Watford's Chalobah.

There will also be some upheaval in the backroom staff, to allow me to really stamp my identity on the club. 

Edited by Swills417

7 hours ago, SortitoutsiVP said:

I'm quite enjoying building a young side as you know it'll only get better as they improve.

I'm using a 4-4-1-1 that I made and am very pleased with it. Get the odd dodgy result but I think every tactic does.

can you share it along with results I always like to see how others are doing with their tactics

I lucked out in my current game by managing to sell Mesut Ozil to Manu in the first season for £47.5mil with no wage contribution with selling Mustafi to Brighton so was able to bring in a number of top players over 3-4 year payments from the start.

By selling them I was able to bring in Ruben Dias, Florentino, Verschaeren, Haaland in as first teamers with Pellegri, Gravenberch, Bellingham, Camavinga, Marco Kana, Kenneh, Vazquez, Hickey, Kotchap, Armini and Gasparini into u23. 

For 500k/month loan deals Mavropanos went to Derby and Gouiri went to West Brom.

January window brought Chinese bids for Sokratis and Kolasinac  so replaced with Upamecano and Chilwell.  

Chambers had played really well but unhappy since Ruben Dias arrival so accepted Wolves £42.5m bid. 

Manu came in paying £67m for Xhaka so bought Dani Olmo in  … Selling 4 players did screw me somewhat in Europe as could only replace 3 players and lost a spot.

Intake gave me wonderkids on both wings and at centerback, with a dozen passable regens coming through.  I Bought in the best English regens available (a defender RC/WB is first team ready) for each position along with several top rated regens. 

Summer window big buy was Milinkovic for £62mil with Reinier Palacios.

Out went David Luiz to Wolves. On loan went Gouiri to West Brom £500k/m, Mavropanos Nketiah to Palace £500k, Palacios/Reinier £500k to Hispalis*, Elneny to Ac Milan £250k (mandatory fee £21m) and Mkhitaryan £500k at Roma (mandatory fee £19.1m)

January window a couple more regens arrived including a potential worldclass German/Spanish goalie.  Gasparini is not far behind Martinez and will replace him as backup at end of this season with the regen the 3rd/u23 keeper.

Development centre says have an excellent intake, judging by notes should get 4-5 quality regens through.

Lopez, Medley and Sheaf will leave end of season through loan options completed (£18.5m) having played 20 times.

In the summer will have to sell off a number of first team players to allow the youth players to come through more.

Also got to stop buying so many regens !!

11 hours ago, Garygooner666 said:

I lucked out in my current game by managing to sell Mesut Ozil to Manu in the first season for £47.5mil with no wage contribution with selling Mustafi to Brighton so was able to bring in a number of top players over 3-4 year payments from the start.

By selling them I was able to bring in Ruben Dias, Florentino, Verschaeren, Haaland in as first teamers with Pellegri, Gravenberch, Bellingham, Camavinga, Marco Kana, Kenneh, Vazquez, Hickey, Kotchap, Armini and Gasparini into u23. 

For 500k/month loan deals Mavropanos went to Derby and Gouiri went to West Brom.

January window brought Chinese bids for Sokratis and Kolasinac  so replaced with Upamecano and Chilwell.  

Chambers had played really well but unhappy since Ruben Dias arrival so accepted Wolves £42.5m bid. 

Manu came in paying £67m for Xhaka so bought Dani Olmo in  … Selling 4 players did screw me somewhat in Europe as could only replace 3 players and lost a spot.

Intake gave me wonderkids on both wings and at centerback, with a dozen passable regens coming through.  I Bought in the best English regens available (a defender RC/WB is first team ready) for each position along with several top rated regens. 

Summer window big buy was Milinkovic for £62mil with Reinier Palacios.

Out went David Luiz to Wolves. On loan went Gouiri to West Brom £500k/m, Mavropanos Nketiah to Palace £500k, Palacios/Reinier £500k to Hispalis*, Elneny to Ac Milan £250k (mandatory fee £21m) and Mkhitaryan £500k at Roma (mandatory fee £19.1m)

January window a couple more regens arrived including a potential worldclass German/Spanish goalie.  Gasparini is not far behind Martinez and will replace him as backup at end of this season with the regen the 3rd/u23 keeper.

Development centre says have an excellent intake, judging by notes should get 4-5 quality regens through.

Lopez, Medley and Sheaf will leave end of season through loan options completed (£18.5m) having played 20 times.

In the summer will have to sell off a number of first team players to allow the youth players to come through more.

Also got to stop buying so many regens !!

have you done anything to youth acdemy i've only had 1 quailty regen rest have been rubbish and i'm in my forth season

Edited by arsenalthebest

SEASON 3 FEBRUARY TO APRIL

We won the cup, well maybe not 'the' cup but a cup none the less. Have to honest and say that we really did not deserve to and the 4-1 scoreline hugely flattered us.Sadly in the FA Cup we lost away to the worst team possible and we even managed to lose it in the last minute of extra time, fantastic stuff. On the european front we are one win away from the champions league final, a 0-0 draw at the San Siro sets us up for a massive night at the Emirates, surely it won't be semi final heartache again...

The Premier League is probably going to Old Trafford again, we've still got four games remaining but I really cannot see Man Utd throwing away that 4pt lead.

SFFPjiJ.png

Fr9s5h4.png

bfjo2sC.png

yvtBAxQ.png

SEASON 3 MAY

More end of season disappointment, Liverpool got a well deserved revenge on us to lift the champions league. Our chances were hugely lessoned when 2 days before the final Pinamonti fractured his two and would be out for 5 weeks, Ruben Dias was also hit with a virus but he had to play so if his stomach played up during the match he'd just have to do a Gary Lineker Italia'90 move on the pitch. We finished the league poorly but only ended up 3pts behind the winners which makes those needless dropped points all the more worse, we really could have won the league as our results against the top sides were as good if not better than anyone else's.

This summer my main priority is a centre back, I'm in talks with one so hopefully that'll all be sorted out quickly. William Saliba has been out on loan for each of the three seasons I've been here but has probably declined over that time, not sure whether to bring him into the first team as that would mean having to sell at least one of either Mavropanos, Holding or Chambers.

ljtcfs6.png

N65v7Z8.png

ufo3I4A.png

hnB9Vzy.png

Hx3lPTX.png

PsCpnUe.png

Also no idea how this has happened unless both finalists are now entered?

rQxYcJj.png

17 hours ago, arsenalthebest said:

have you done anything to youth acdemy i've only had 1 quailty regen rest have been rubbish and i'm in my forth season

I have done every upgrade the board has allowed me to do so with both training and youth facilities state of the art.

Had great centerback come through potentially Saliba level talent according to scouts and signed a similar level one from ManU.  The two wingers (one each side) I had come through potentially could be Saka/Nelson levels.

Early report is an excellent intake this year but only at end of January so will have to let you know what I get comes out.  (Promising fullback, promising centerback, attacking midfielder to keep an eye on and very handy winger)

Arsenal Season 1 So Far

So I started a save with Arsenal with the aim is to have a young, vibrant team. Here are my transfers out

Aubameyang - PSG - £43M

Lacazette - Real Madrid - £30M

Xhaka - Man Utd - £25m

Sokatris - Bejin - £20m

David Luiz - Guangzhou - £15m

I have also got future transfers out for Bellerin going to Man Utd for £27m and Kolisanac going to Norwich for £20m.

Here are my transfers in 

Ben Godfrey - Norwich - £70m

Max Aarons - Norwich - £70m

Jamal Lewis - Norwich - £60m

Mason Holgate - Everton - £50m

Angel Gomes - Man Utd - £25m

Darko Gyabi - £675k

I also have future transfers set up for Jude Bellingham coming in for £32m and Joe Gelhardt for £17.5m.

I have already broke records at Arsenal with Gyabi being the youngest player to play for Arsenal, beating Fagregas's record

image.thumb.png.d67171bcdad9e1e4ee047310ae47e323.png

My usual starting line up and tactic I have been using so far.

image.thumb.png.688cf29e8626a90a420f4968307f0d19.png

Eddie Nketiah has been really good for me stepping up to take over from Aubameyang and Lacazette.

image.thumb.png.02554496e9f30a3dcc0858913479ddec.png

Smith-Rowe has been doing nicely either on the wing or just behind the striker

image.thumb.png.8e41ccdf66ea0d6d3928d1e2b88a330b.png

Max Aarons has been amazing for me but as my last save was with Norwich I know what Max Aarons, Jamal Lewis and Ben Godfrey are capable of.

image.thumb.png.021dcf090b4382c5bbad526278546026.png

Currently 4th after 10 league games played, won 5, drawn 3 games and lost 2.

image.thumb.png.b436fb9aabc441a49397d74a7186ee5f.png

I will update after I have done the first season.

10 hours ago, Garygooner666 said:

I have done every upgrade the board has allowed me to do so with both training and youth facilities state of the art.

Had great centerback come through potentially Saliba level talent according to scouts and signed a similar level one from ManU.  The two wingers (one each side) I had come through potentially could be Saka/Nelson levels.

Early report is an excellent intake this year but only at end of January so will have to let you know what I get comes out.  (Promising fullback, promising centerback, attacking midfielder to keep an eye on and very handy winger)

about when do you get the first reports? nothing under the youth candiates tab for me and i'm in september

18 hours ago, arsenalthebest said:

what a win just about winning 3-2 until the 86th minute then we score 4 goals in 5 minutes to trash them  7-2 with a 4 minute hat-trick from Nketiah

arsenal 1.jpg

Is that your normal formation? Or just one for chasing the game?

Arsenal Season 1 Review

I managed to get 5th place, not ideal but I did win the Europa League so I got Champions League Football.

image.thumb.png.d97596229100174bc3716c496450efd9.png

image.thumb.png.8ddf0fa89539a4d8f4576b4aa2e4dc9b.png7

Eddie Nketiah was top scorer with 19 goals scored in 29 games.

image.thumb.png.acf525723fef5584eed9905e82277062.png

Mason Greenwood who I signed in January got 10 goals in 15 games for me, he lead the line nicely and will be my main striker for the next 10 years.

image.thumb.png.4d7af611e2b904408027a0e7c8b428ea.png

Max Aarons is awesome, he got 14 assists for me, was an amazing signing.

image.thumb.png.70950c434d4a6d55f7599d71d1d20c87.png

I got £141m to spend in the summer but I am really happy with my squad and don't fancy signing anyone I don't think.

I alreay got Dean Henderson coming in the summer for £30m and I think I am strong in all positions.

So after the disappointment of the league being lost on goal difference - we still had two (literal) cup finals to come:

First up, United in the FA Cup:

20200309221112_1.thumb.jpg.288507400424215e3b77fe31800cf141.jpg

Followed by Liverpool in the Champions League final. We were hoping to win it for the second season in a row...

20200309221105_1.thumb.jpg.023e46361b6b634d584f62d45e6409f9.jpg

Faith in this stupid game, restored! 

Now, to get that f*****g league title...

Reluctantly considering selling Saka if he’s poor-average again this season I love they guy IRL but he’s not performed well enough for me to justify the likely wage demands he’ll want think he’ll have 2 years when the current season expires assuming his form doesn’t dramatically improve if I can get more then £80m i’ll sell and seriously consider any bid above £70m probably want at least £100m from other English clubs if I can’t drum up foreign interest

Edited by arsenalthebest

Hey guys,

Quick question for ye, Delle Ali is listed for 27m coming into season 3. 

I currently have have Pellegrini in AP role and he is excelling but I am considering selling due to poor injury record and with Barca and Real sniffing I could turn a tidy profit.

Question is do I bring in the enemy on the cheap? Not sure if I can bring myself to do it but he’s also home grown.

Any feedback 😀

On 08/03/2020 at 16:56, arsenalthebest said:

about when do you get the first reports? nothing under the youth candiates tab for me and i'm in september

It was beginning of January I believe that I got the initial reports of quality of intake … not sure if it is end of feb/march when they generate

9 hours ago, Smoke_Up said:

Hey guys,

Quick question for ye, Delle Ali is listed for 27m coming into season 3. 

I currently have have Pellegrini in AP role and he is excelling but I am considering selling due to poor injury record and with Barca and Real sniffing I could turn a tidy profit.

Question is do I bring in the enemy on the cheap? Not sure if I can bring myself to do it but he’s also home grown.

Any feedback 😀

I popped a cheeky bid in for him after season 2 and Spurs refused to deal with me. 

And the scouting report said he wouldn't come to me either so... Might not happen anyway.. 

10 hours ago, arsenalthebest said:

Reluctantly considering selling Saka if he’s poor-average again this season I love they guy IRL but he’s not performed well enough for me to justify the likely wage demands he’ll want think he’ll have 2 years when the current season expires assuming his form doesn’t dramatically improve if I can get more then £80m i’ll sell and seriously consider any bid above £70m probably want at least £100m from other English clubs if I can’t drum up foreign interest

I find him and Nelson very inconsistent. 

ESR the pick of the three but even he's only 3.5 stars.. 

SEASON 4 JUNE TO OCTOBER

TRANSFERS

Just the two players coming in, as already mentioned Max Aarons signed from Norwich and Jean-Clair Todibo was purchased for £53m from Barcelona and becomes Ruben Dias' partner at centre back. Also decided to promote three players from the u23's, Cudjoe and Chaplin were newgens and Miguel Azeez is dubbed the new 'Paul Gascoigne', no idea how looking at his attributes though.

ht7Otlu.png

qEbwNf0.png

PzYD32o.png

6RbFsF7.png

UyfPpoz.png

3R4vN0d.png

RESULTS

We've started the season strongly and top the league by a point, Pinamonti has again been brilliant notching 15 goals in 14 games. 

NVIgNQ7.png

58BB0bq.png

Quick update on some Arsenal  acadmey players in the 2022/23 Season 

apprences/goals/assists/average ratings

Zech Medley:  7 / 0 /1 / 7.44

AMN: 6(11) / 0 / 2 / 7.11 

Ben Sheaf: 11(4) / 1 / 2 / 7.15

Bukayo Saka: 6(2) / 0 / 2 / 7.35

Joe Willock: 11(2) / 1 / 3 / 7.48

Reiss Nelson: 9(1) / 3 / 8 / 7.71

ESR: 8(5) / 4 /5 / 7.53

Trae Coyle: 7(2) / 5 / 1 / 7.6

Folarin Balogun: 10 / 6 / 4 / 7.85

Eddie Nketiah: 11(1) / 7 / 3 / 7.51

Tyreece John-Jules: 8(2) / 12 / 3 / 8.15

11 hours ago, john1 said:

Good start to the season @SortitoutsiVP :thup: Surprised to see Wolves 2nd! :eek:

Have a good feeling about the league this season, though the World Cup is currently being played and the league doesn't restart until January. Clubs have only played 13 league games (usually about 20 in a normal season) and I find this always effects results later on when players get tired catching up the matches.

SEASON 4 NOVEMBER TO JANUARY

Showing some great form recently, admittedly we don't score many but defensively we're as good as anyone. Very quiet window with just the two players leaving from the u23's.

ITAoi57.png

OJFJo8h.png

nejPlNT.png

PLAYER STATS

qReO8It.png

14 hours ago, SortitoutsiVP said:

SEASON 4 NOVEMBER TO JANUARY

Showing some great form recently, admittedly we don't score many but defensively we're as good as anyone. Very quiet window with just the two players leaving from the u23's.

ITAoi57.png

OJFJo8h.png

nejPlNT.png

PLAYER STATS

qReO8It.png

Going very nicely there mate. What sort of system are you playing now? 

i may have mad an error selling Osei-Tutu tbh I did't ever intend to use him so at the time it seemed sensible but with himleaving the end of the season and having3 assist os 4 game maybe ishould have kept him but at least i included a buy-back clause so maybe in a few years I can get him back

37 minutes ago, BrickCommo23 said:

Going very nicely there mate. What sort of system are you playing now? 

Still the 4-4-1-1 but it's changed a lot from the one I posted the other day. We do struggle to score against some of the weaker opposition but I think this is where the game sets smaller sides up to defend against you and in some cases it can be beneficial to play either cautious or defensive against them to try to get them to open up a bit.

Just completed the 2021 pre-season, with an unbeaten record encompassing a tour of Japan , French training camp and 9 full games culminating with a dominant win over an AS Roma side including heavy hitters Zaniolo and Pellegrini.  There was a lot of transfer activity throughout Europe and notably the premier league, with Chelsea strengthening to the tune of  £296m . Forcing my hand to strengthen to keep up with our rivals! 

1049176361_Pre-season2021.thumb.PNG.eccf77d43b5578e56fec9d2b292f02fc.PNG

The notably changes in the squad is the departure of the dynamic forward duo of Lacazette and Aubameyang, we had to replace not only their goals but their leadership qualities. In case Patrick Schick from RB Liepzig. The powerful Czech forward has started his Arsenal career promisingly with 6 goals in 6 non-competitive fixtures. Last seasons 3rd highest scorer in Bundesliga Weghorst also joined in a deal that has echoes of when Olivier Giroud first joined. A relatively unknown target man with an eye for a goal. He will provide strong like for like cover for the undisputed first choice forward Schick. 

We also lost a notable leader on the center of the pitch in the form of Lucas Torreira. I was holding out for £80m but ultimately settled for £67m from Liverpool. Having strengthened a rival, we needed our own world class recruit as Emre Can arrived from Juventus in a deal rising to £83m. As a natural Segunda Volante, he provides not only the key attacking PPMs Torreira lacked, but also a greater leadership with a player with plenty of Fibra. Xhaka also departed the club in a transfer to Wolves and Henrichs arrived from Monaco as cover for both full positions. We will also generate a total of £7.3m in loan fees with Nketiah, Mavropanos and Martinelli heading out on loan to various clubs. 

94187380_In-out2021.thumb.PNG.e7489f88996ae8753770df24ffff4136.PNG

Financially, we have commited to the squad with a number of big contracts handed out to new signings and established stars, with 13 players on over £100k p/w and Emre Can, Guendouzi and Ozil all on excess of £300k p/w. To repeat a phrase often said about our squad in real life a Europa League squad on Champions League wages. Now finally a champions League team for the future now! Spending over £3.4m p/w on playing staff salaries, with expected annual salaries to be £282m, with a profection to squeeze out a £23m profit over the season - that £7.3m in loan fees looks astute now. Perhaps a sale of a squad player in January or futher loans could leave us on a surer footing! 

1680987830_wagebudget.PNG.5cf7e691d909431a56aa116be0cd9327.PNG

1417027680_100kplus.thumb.PNG.8a3cb4a1a695775f96741d5ead2914ca.PNG

2132790337_finances2021summer.thumb.PNG.af420cc61911992d05d911d22bd30498.PNG

Our first eleven looks settled apart from a late pre-season injury to Saka and international commitments of Pepe and him being given an extended rest. The back five is set from the tail end of last season. With the dual Segunda Volante's providing a double pivot ahead of them, with Ozil running the creative process as a Trequartista. 

1000175549_Tactic2021.thumb.PNG.0f10369a0d8e1744bd3d2344f52c0f88.PNG

Our opening month has a tough run of fixtures. Better to put this side to test early then be led into a false sense of security. With two home games against title challengers but two winnable away games. 

1823927688_Openingfixtures.thumb.PNG.16e4d6c24888f1ea18e60335014bda39.PNG

4 hours ago, Swills417 said:

Just completed the 2021 pre-season, with an unbeaten record encompassing a tour of Japan , French training camp and 9 full games culminating with a dominant win over an AS Roma side including heavy hitters Zaniolo and Pellegrini.  There was a lot of transfer activity throughout Europe and notably the premier league, with Chelsea strengthening to the tune of  £296m . Forcing my hand to strengthen to keep up with our rivals! 

1049176361_Pre-season2021.thumb.PNG.eccf77d43b5578e56fec9d2b292f02fc.PNG

The notably changes in the squad is the departure of the dynamic forward duo of Lacazette and Aubameyang, we had to replace not only their goals but their leadership qualities. In case Patrick Schick from RB Liepzig. The powerful Czech forward has started his Arsenal career promisingly with 6 goals in 6 non-competitive fixtures. Last seasons 3rd highest scorer in Bundesliga Weghorst also joined in a deal that has echoes of when Olivier Giroud first joined. A relatively unknown target man with an eye for a goal. He will provide strong like for like cover for the undisputed first choice forward Schick. 

We also lost a notable leader on the center of the pitch in the form of Lucas Torreira. I was holding out for £80m but ultimately settled for £67m from Liverpool. Having strengthened a rival, we needed our own world class recruit as Emre Can arrived from Juventus in a deal rising to £83m. As a natural Segunda Volante, he provides not only the key attacking PPMs Torreira lacked, but also a greater leadership with a player with plenty of Fibra. Xhaka also departed the club in a transfer to Wolves and Henrichs arrived from Monaco as cover for both full positions. We will also generate a total of £7.3m in loan fees with Nketiah, Mavropanos and Martinelli heading out on loan to various clubs. 

94187380_In-out2021.thumb.PNG.e7489f88996ae8753770df24ffff4136.PNG

Financially, we have commited to the squad with a number of big contracts handed out to new signings and established stars, with 13 players on over £100k p/w and Emre Can, Guendouzi and Ozil all on excess of £300k p/w. To repeat a phrase often said about our squad in real life a Europa League squad on Champions League wages. Now finally a champions League team for the future now! Spending over £3.4m p/w on playing staff salaries, with expected annual salaries to be £282m, with a profection to squeeze out a £23m profit over the season - that £7.3m in loan fees looks astute now. Perhaps a sale of a squad player in January or futher loans could leave us on a surer footing! 

1680987830_wagebudget.PNG.5cf7e691d909431a56aa116be0cd9327.PNG

1417027680_100kplus.thumb.PNG.8a3cb4a1a695775f96741d5ead2914ca.PNG

2132790337_finances2021summer.thumb.PNG.af420cc61911992d05d911d22bd30498.PNG

Our first eleven looks settled apart from a late pre-season injury to Saka and international commitments of Pepe and him being given an extended rest. The back five is set from the tail end of last season. With the dual Segunda Volante's providing a double pivot ahead of them, with Ozil running the creative process as a Trequartista. 

1000175549_Tactic2021.thumb.PNG.0f10369a0d8e1744bd3d2344f52c0f88.PNG

Our opening month has a tough run of fixtures. Better to put this side to test early then be led into a false sense of security. With two home games against title challengers but two winnable away games. 

1823927688_Openingfixtures.thumb.PNG.16e4d6c24888f1ea18e60335014bda39.PNG

Love the idea of a double SV! Good luck.

So, regular readers (ahem...) will know I have lost the last three league titles by a combined total of 2 points. Having looked back over a few things it's clear I haven't scored enough goals. I've been solid at the back but not putting enough away.

I think I have had the FM equivalent of a midlife crisis...

20200313175509_1.thumb.jpg.4d327c484a3d9f93e6ace62ff0376edd.jpg