Mentality changing by itself

I'm currently doing a dafuge challenge in fm20 and i'm noticing that sometimes when I change my mentality from cautious to positive, it will change itself back to cautious. I can't see any assistant manager settings enabled. Is there something I may be missing, or would this be a bug? I recently added a gameplan to change the tactic when 2-0 up, but I haven't been ahead in any of these situations where i see the mentality changing.

I'm also finding this. Initially had mine on "positive" then changed to "attacking" but keeps going back to "positive"  

I've changed tactic and saved the one on attacking, but has changed again at least once since.. 

30 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Do any of you have match plans set up? 

Yes. Mine was to change to a 'cautious' tactic if 2 goals ahead. But the mentality was changing back to cautious when i was at 0-0 or losing

6 hours ago, DBSC said:

Yes. Mine was to change to a 'cautious' tactic if 2 goals ahead. But the mentality was changing back to cautious when i was at 0-0 or losing

Is that the only scenario you have, or do you have others that might conflict? 

20 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Do any of you have match plans set up? 

I don't think so. its the starting mentality that was changing on mine, although it seems to not be doing it again now. will keep an eye on it

editing to add, I've discovered what was happening on mine... I;d edit the game instructions, and get everything the way I wanted, then I'd get Pre-match Tactical advice, saying to adjust instructions because we have changed our style, and that appears to be what was reverting it to positive..

Edited by rinso