Tips on how to set up a successful fluid counter attack tactic (abit like Mourinho at real madrid, Lille 18-19)

so I've tried the pre set (fluid counter attack) and it just doesn't seem to work, at least i'm not seeing what I want to see, for example winning the ball in our third then running at them with pace with short passes, most of the time when we win the ball back my players just hoof it up field like they are clearing the ball from danger.

currently playing with lille in the French division, I watched videos on how they set up their tactic (last years Lille with Pepe) and Im trying to recreate somewhat close to their style which to me looks close to a fluid counter attack not sure if possible but this kind of football really is amazing to watch if anyone has tips on how I can recreate something like this id appreciate it

Edited by Nes1995
correction

I'd say you need to bump the mentality up significantly. Especially if you're on a 4231. 

Remember mentality = risk. And while they defended low Mourinho's Real also attacked with pace and purpose, which by default 'cautious' doesn't do. Maybe keep the custom fluid setup but change mentality and see how that works.