Grey Players have no average ratings or recent form

Am I correct that the grey players who show up in my roster are presumed to be coming through the youth or reserves system?

I've been playing them in matches, yet they don't accumulate average ratings or recent form statistics. What is the explanation for this?

Also, why can't I offer them contracts? Some of these guys are good - I've gotten a keeper this way who is worth signing.

Am I correct that the grey players who show up in my roster are presumed to be coming through the youth or reserves system?

I've been playing them in matches, yet they don't accumulate average ratings or recent form statistics. What is the explanation for this?

Also, why can't I offer them contracts? Some of these guys are good - I've gotten a keeper this way who is worth signing.

Grey players appear in your team to ensure you are capable of fulfilling your fixtures. They'll usually crop up if you've only got one goalkeeper, or if a spate of injuries mean you're short in some area.

They aren't real players and will eventually disappear when the balance is redressed. If you navigate to a non-league side, or most non-major teams outside your own league, you'll see that they too are full of grey players.

It's still in place in the PC version but due to the massive numbers of players you tend to get there, you'll see them much less often. Also, the PC version allows you to offer them contracts - it would be pretty handy if that arrived on the PSP but there are memory issues that need to be addressed - offering a contract would probably necessitate the game retiring someone else in the game world instantly to keep things ticking along, unless there's a buffer.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Forest_Green_Rovers:

Thanks for the info. Memory concerns would definitely explain why it doesn't keep running stats on these guys. Shame, though, I got a couple of good ones. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

juat insure you don't have enough players in your squad then, so you can keep him. icon_razz.gif

Archived