[FM20] Newcastle United-Reign of the Steve's

lblanc

I'm playing FMT so no Joe White but Elliot Anderson looked good for a few years but Brighton came in with a stupid offer of around £8m plus incentives so i ended up getting around £12m in total and he never really developed.

Edited by Geordieboy52
bloody surface pro keyboard!

• 2 weeks later...

Just startet a save with toons

I will go for a 4-3-3 with 2 wings from the start, over time i hope to move the dmc/dlp to a ap/ss.

When i look at the team i did see alot off dead wood so i sold alot out:

F.Fernadez (8.25 mil), Saivet (3.25 mil), Manquillo (2.7mil), Ki Sung ( 7.25 mil), Dummett (14.5 mil), Atsu ( 6.25 mil) and Yannick for 3 mil up front and 2 mil in future fees.

Loan out with a fee Elliot, Sterry and Colback ( that ***** did turn down stoke and the 3 mil bid, just for then grumble about transfer listed)

Playerns in:  Dominik Szoboszlai 15 mil, Orgunene 9.5 mil, Cabral 8.5 mil, Nouri 6.5 mil, Doku 3.5 ( 10 mil in future fees) and Vignato 5.5 (loaned back for 1 season)

Did call back woodman do to injurys for both Darlow and Dubravka.

Future plans for January is: Darlow out.  Clark or Lejeune out when Orgunene is played in. Yedlin out, hoping for Dest (from ajax).  Muto and maybe Jonjo out. Lookman and Biilingham to replace them.
Last a new striker for Gayle: Mitrovic, haaland and Osimhen are the top3 targets for that spot.

First match away 6-3... vardy had a party.... the few postive stof from that match was Jolinto, almiron and S.Longstaff did hit the back off the net and Onguene did play a good game when sub on.

• 1 month later...

Just got the game after taking a break from playing. (Had every version since the Amiga) what recommendation do you guys have for staff for Newcastle sacked nearly everyone but looking to bring new blood into the club. Made some signing brought Vincent abubaca in from Porto for 7 million and pione susto for 12 million which I’m really happy about. Also brought milosovic the Swedish cb on a free. Loving the game so far 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A product of our youth system just did this:

1757462845_Screenshot2020-04-06at18_12_03.thumb.png.f9a2c22d0ad43fabaf1ee268d0ea5144.png

1010510560_Screenshot2020-04-06at18_11_30.thumb.png.e31cd53f9d1a6993681339ac08c78b70.png

Also playing regularly are this Rb:

1604837238_Screenshot2020-04-06at18_16_43.thumb.png.281f49037f2c4385052fe24bda824dd8.png

And only recently this CM:

333389152_Screenshot2020-04-06at18_16_55.thumb.png.c921efb9efb9480dd39dc0082640fcf6.png

I've got a couple of others coming through too, not bad for a team who haven't had much success in this for a while.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I started my first Newcastle save and had a really good first season finishing 5th, I was a comfortable 3rd in March but a really bad run of form meant the Europa League it is now. Saint-Maximin had a epic season and won the divisions young player of the year, now to build an attack around him. 3 transfers I brought in for the first season were Ajer, Kenneh and Almada (January).

Im getting ready to completely dismantle the squad and sell 3/4 of it to replace with largely high potential players and make Newcastle an exciting team. Only looking for a top 10 finish for the 2nd season, fullbacks and a striker are the problem area.

• 2 months later...
15 hours ago, Geordieboy52 said:

Steve?  Is that you?

Definitely not. Just booted up the game with latest transfer update and disabled first transfer window. 

And decided to see if dinosaur Bruce tactic will work with us in FM20. 

Seems OK. But struggling to find a place for almiron ASM and Fraser in same 11. Usually 1 is on the bench. 

4 hours ago, upthetoon said:

Definitely not. Just booted up the game with latest transfer update and disabled first transfer window. 

And decided to see if dinosaur Bruce tactic will work with us in FM20. 

Seems OK. But struggling to find a place for almiron ASM and Fraser in same 11. Usually 1 is on the bench. 

There is nothing wrong with that. Keeps them fresh and also gives you chance to rotate and if one player don't work out you can sell them. 

• 3 weeks later...

my calum wilson has now scored 16 goals in 28 appearance. what a player.

my shelvey is also on fire in the last 5 games. in a midfield 2 it seems like shelvey is indeed a great player. in my previous save with Newc where i got fired, i never played shelvey due to his very low positioning stats.
seems like it doesn't actually matter afterall. 

On 24/10/2020 at 22:32, james_wilko said:

I really hope Wilson is as overpowered in FM21 as he is in this.

2.5 seasons in, 122 starts, 5 sub appearances, 125 goals.

16 goals from penalties, so 109 goals from open play in 127 appearances total.

this is incredible stuff.