Good young right backs are quite hard to find...

meloa515

Yan Couto

In real life, had a fantastic U17 World Cup and is now wanted by Arsenal and my own Bayer Leverkusen, finding him on FM20 requires a large database since he plays for the youth team of Brazilian 2nd Division club Coritiba. 

• 3 weeks later...

The players born into DL/DR is not that good, even the newgens attribute is mostly underwhelming.

You need to search for attributes and convert wingers or midfielders to DL/DR to get good players for the position.

I don't think the game can even generate a newgen with decent crossing, only way to make them is to convert a ML or MC/DM (Higher crossing than DL/DR players and you get some well rounded MC players.). The wingers you convert mostly have trouble defensively, but you can find some rare gems with high crossing and high enough defensive attributes.

Max Aarons, if you are a top 6 side, you can unsettle him first window and get him for about £10mil + £20 mil over 3years.

Luke Matheson at Rochdale is a good youth prospect, at about £5mil.

Moussa Wagué at Barcelona is available to loan from the first window, went to West Ham in my current save, would imagine it would be very expensive to sign him outright even after a loan, but still a cheaper option if you have limit funds and just need the cover for one season.

Some good youngsters who are on unprotected contracts at the start of the game, which means you can offer them a contract straight away without paying an upfront fee, but i usually pay £250k + £500k/£750k over 3 years so i can avoid the percentage of next sale clauses that come with straight contract offers.

Rodrigo Pinheiro - FC Porto B
Denso Kasius - FC Utrecht
Dermi Lusala  - Tottenham
Aaron Hickey - Hearts
Koni De Winter - Juventus