RIP Beta Save

It's my own fault, really. I'll never learn. 

Started my journeyman save the day the beta dropped. Thought I'd be fine. Played my FM19 beta save right to the end, so what can go wrong, right? 

The updates slowly killed it, bit by bit. I know this won't be the same for everyone, but after leaving Altrincham after two seasons, I simply cannot get another job. I now have one full star rep and a Continental B licence, but even half star teams are refusing even an interview, and every single answer is the same. "We don't know who you are"

Has anyone else had to bite the bullet on their beta save, or were others more sensible and treated that period the way it should be and weren't daft enough to start a long term save in it?

Answers on a postcard, always read the label. 

• Administrators

Would be interested to see the save as there's nothing that's changed since the release of the PRB that should cause you to not get a job. Upload the save game and let us know the file name, details on how to upload here - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2020/238_how-to/241_pc/how-to-upload-files-for-support-r847/

I'm still running my save from early beta. I'm pretty sure there are problems with Wales. Premier League teams are still not in the league cup and I read that they should be. Maybe it hasn't been fixed yet.

I like to think it is still soe arly in the year (the FM year) that if I started a new save now then I'd still get plenty of time out of it anyway. If it is any consolation, then I suppose there is that.

I do understand how attached one can get to a save though, so I don't want to sound like I'm just dismissing your thoughts.

31 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Would be interested to see the save as there's nothing that's changed since the release of the PRB that should cause you to not get a job. Upload the save game and let us know the file name, details on how to upload here - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2020/238_how-to/241_pc/how-to-upload-files-for-support-r847/

Na, it's fine, it's a beta save. Updates can have knock on effects. I've deleted it now anyway, and I'm setting up a new game, so it's all good. 

I started my beta in wales (RHYL) first season went to the premier league, the next season won the premier league and welsh cup, i can't a get job anywhere. Funny thing is my home country USA and for some reason the premier league will always give me interviews and then tell me that i didn't make the cut becuase of better applicants but then I go to the vanamara league or any other league and the say they wont qualify me because they've never heard of me. I have the top license and won 3 trophy's and one cup. I think there is a bug there and I'm gonna have to restart and leave my beta save... I should have knew better.

Edited by YUK0N

1 minute ago, YUK0N said:

I started my beta in wales (RHYL) first season went to the premier league, the next season won the premier league and welsh cup, i can't a job anywhere. Funny thing is my home country USA and for some reason the premier league will always give me interviews and then tell me that i didn't make the cut becuase of better applicants but then I go to the vanamara league or any other league and the say they wont qualify me because they've never heard of me. I have the top license and won 3 trophy's and one cup. I think there is a bug there and I'm gonna have to restart and leave my beta save... I should have knew better.

Exactly what I was getting. Got an interview with Bolton (clearly didn't give me the job), but even teams out in the sticks in Sweden and Norway wouldn't entertain the idea, and it was always the same response at every team (never heard of me)

I also tried the trick of declaring interest and attending the club's next game, but to no avail.

I've started a new save now and picked the starting club myself rather than go unemployed so I've no idea if that's just the game design this year, or an issue caused by starting in beta. I don't see many others complaining about this issue, and given how much everyone here loves a moan, I would have thought someone else would have noticed it. 

Just tried to go to home and use the editor to move to other club. Any club I pick its says can't move to inactive club tried all the leagues in England, MSL and Mexico yes I have them all loaded. but to no avail, Beta save is definately broken .

final post on this. I left the team as manager and applied for jobs. Got an interview from LA Galaxy which seemed out of reach for my rep even though I did have 2 Trophy's and a cup. Sim to the next day and the game crashed. I'm deleting the save.

I very rarely treat my first save on beta very seriously so if anything goes wrong ,no problem

when i played i though ME was great not perfect,then updates happened it went to crap.

Done me a favour as i play to much anyways.

just not enjoying the game in the current state(my opinion)